• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Mimei and Duncan (PDR-san)

2133 posts in this topic

Posted

ive noticed in the last videos that ive watched from her and several people mentioning it about her shaking so much, does anyone know any possible reasons for that? i have shaky hands naturally, but everything is shaky with her. her voice has gotten extremely shaky these days. its really concerning. 

i think she just having mental breakdown but feel she cant take a break cause yt is job.

i am hoping with patreon maybe thing can get better for her. maybe can afford therapy. i think she need someone to talk to aside from fans.

Posted

ive noticed in the last videos that ive watched from her and several people mentioning it about her shaking so much, does anyone know any possible reasons for that? i have shaky hands naturally, but everything is shaky with her. her voice has gotten extremely shaky these days. its really concerning. 

She said it's because of coffee. If that's really the case she should stop drinking coffee asap, since it's been really bad lately.

Posted

i think she just having mental breakdown but feel she cant take a break cause yt is job.

i am hoping with patreon maybe thing can get better for her. maybe can afford therapy. i think she need someone to talk to aside from fans.

Maybe she could have already afford it if she didn't spend money on unnecessary things.

Posted

Maybe she could have already afford it if she didn't spend money on unnecessary things.

dont you live in fantasy world. must be nice place.

Posted

dont you live in fantasy world. must be nice place.

No, I'm realist. Money doesn't grow on trees and it's not ok to take advantage of peoples kindness. I tend to look ahead and use money wisely.

Posted

Sorry, but I think it's just waste of money to buy laptop that lasts that low time and needs maintenance during it. Well put together desktop can last 10 years with no problems. 1000 dollars is more than enough to put together one that would run the shit you want to for editing etc. *rolls eyes*

Well, Mimei has proved that it's a waste of money for her, since she broke hers so quickly lol

Posted

What is she doing to her Macbooks that they're lasting for such a short time. I've had my MBP for 2 years now? And it runs just as well as it did when I bought it. Meanwhile every Windows computer I've had has declined within the first year despite only light use.

I'm kinda frustrated with her because with all the drama with her and the others, I was on her side (even if she did drag it out a lot, I'd already gotten sick of the others content-wise) but she's just been a mess lately smh

Posted

^Same, I had my macbook air for 3+ years in high school and only upgraded to the pro because I wanted to keep big photoshop documents. It'd definitely still be going like new if I wanted to use it too. I don't see why she'd need a new one if she got this one in 2016. Is there something seriously wrong with the one she has or does she just want a newer flashier laptop for the sake of it? If anything the chargers are kinda rubbish and have to be replaced, I had one (wasn't fake, actually legit $100 from the apple store ) that literally caught on fire lol but Macbooks themselves are pretty long lasting and only slow down if you have too much crap on them. Does she take really bad care of her stuff or what?

I generally like Mimei and I enjoy her vlogs, but the way she (and Duncan) go about handling their money is strange to me. Like shouldn't having a security net for emergency vet bills come before your comic book and BTS hoard? I know it's probably none of my business, and I'm not really bothered that she has a patreon (there are far shittier people than her that do) but with the sudden begging for money and now expecting patreon money to fund a new computer she doesn't even need... I just don't get it.

Posted

I've never owned an Apple product before so I don't know, but I do have friends that owns an Apple made laptop. One has been using his for ~5 years. It's slow but tolerable. My other friend has been using hers for 2 years now and still running well. I feel like the reason she wants a laptop is the same as the people who change phones as soon as the new ones come out. They want to be with the times or whatever. They want the newest thing out there. Except for others it's like sure go for it you have the money for it and everything. But with mimei... Can't she endure a bit longer?

Posted

Haha, all this about wanting another macbook talk just remind me of this girl xD

Posted

i just got idea. what if she mean 1000 would pay for half of macbook she already have? maybe she have monthly payment she still paying? i dont know how macbook payment work (or in japan) but i know you can do for phone?

Posted

WHY is she constantly buying more shit when she also needs her fans financial support? Aside from that she looks super exhausted again.

I mean, I get it. I collect stupid shit from the group I'm supporting as well, I have every single, every album, DVDs, Blu-rays, posters, concert goods, all that stuff. But I'm also not asking for money. And such things are expensive, especially in Japan. I also understand that getting things second hand isn't as satisfying, but it's an option. Especially in Tokyo you can easily find really cheap and pristine second hand items, usually even rather quickly after the release date. Or choose only one group to support for a while?

If you're wondering btw, the part in Ikebukuro is like a minute long of those seven minutes.

Posted

WHY is she constantly buying more shit when she also needs her fans financial support? Aside from that she looks super exhausted again.

I mean, I get it. I collect stupid shit from the group I'm supporting as well, I have every single, every album, DVDs, Blu-rays, posters, concert goods, all that stuff. But I'm also not asking for money. And such things are expensive, especially in Japan. I also understand that getting things second hand isn't as satisfying, but it's an option. Especially in Tokyo you can easily find really cheap and pristine second hand items, usually even rather quickly after the release date. Or choose only one group to support for a while?

If you're wondering btw, the part in Ikebukuro is like a minute long of those seven minutes.

Honestly I had to unsubscribe because her vids are super predictable (down to what she wears...another sharla on our hands? :hurrplz:) and I'm just tired of everything being either about Kpop or cats

Posted

I guess we have to "accept" (not sure of the right word here) the fact that her patreon was created as a source of second salary, seek for a comfort and not as a result of poor financial situation. Though they both should seriously think about their future (not saying they aren't, I wouldn't know) and do the right investing cause obviously youttube isn't gonna be there for them as they age. It's awful, but people always will prefer someone young, energetic and new to the old folk. 

Posted

i'm probably alone with this, but i do feel bad for her. for some reason she seems super pressured to make videos for her mimeiland channel again. honestly i think she's at the same point again from when she took a break from the channel, only this time she doesn't allow herself to take a break. buying kpop merch => having something to make a quick and easy video about (regularly) and having guaranteed views from kpop fans. idk why she feels like she has to make so many videos now. maybe it has to do with their financial situation, maybe it's the fear of becoming irrelevant or something else, but i don't think it's good for her. we know she has a job and managing two channels on top of that... i think it's totally ok for her to take a break from youtube and i'm sure her audience is ok with it too. 

i did find it quite sweet how she sent those letters to her patreons though. i think it's pretty clear that asking for money makes her uncomfortable, so i do believe that something quite serious is going on for her to open a patreon and ask for donations.