Mimei and Duncan (PDR-san)

1567 posts in this topic

Posted

I used to like Mimei, but she is such a drama queen and bitchy mean girl now 9_9

I have mental health issues, and that doesn't suddenly excuse being so nasty and victimizing herself.

If she wants to be seen as "different" from mean fake people, she needs to act different herself

Very hard to take a moral high ground when you're just as bad as the rest

Shame really, I was hoping she had finally grown up and was a nicer person :alpacaconfused::alpacacrush:

Posted

What always gets to me with the whole jvlogger crew  is how they don’t act their age I suppose. 

Not that growing up means life is free of drama, but the way Mimei handles it does remind me of school. Or randomly making (expensive) purchases and then not being able to pay a vet bill (something you absolutely should plan for, especially if you have three pets)... also something I’d rather expect from someone who’s quite a bit younger? Or maybe they just repeat the same mistakes over and over because there are never any repercussions if you can just ask your viewers for donations. 

Posted (edited)

I'm not saying Youtube's new policies are awesome but it's pretty obvious why they needed to implement them. Becoming a partner was laughably easy and lots of content is very mediocre, jvloggers included, and many of  small youtubers were inflating views with clickbait, again jvloggers included. And sorry, Mimei, but somebody being able to 'sustain' a channel isn't Youtube's problem, they are already hosting all those videos for free anyway. Having Youtube as the only "job" always seemed unrealistic in the long run, and too many people tried to take advantage of Youtube not having almost any limitations, and now they think it's unfair that mediocre content won't get them a monthly salary.

5a63104bc6465_.thumb.png.fdb7476a3218ee15a631057bd956_1.thumb.png.765989300180105a63105a5f5be_2.thumb.png.b4ceac5bc94b91

Edited by papercrane

Posted (edited)

If she would put out more consistent content none of this would be an issue. Just saying...

Edited by awesomeone

Posted (edited)

ok mimei (or friend of mimei lol)

very strange that you mostly comment on this thread, live in japan, defend mimei no matter the topic... hmm.

Strange that you'd go through my post history without realizing that I also follow Mira / Grace. I don't like Mimei anymore, really. I unsubscribed from her stuff, and follow only what Duncan puts up now. Even still, that is the only comment I've actually written that heavily defends her.. Where are you seeing me defending her no matter the topic? Whatever else I wrote was random translations or talking about Mikhail / Dante. 

In this case, yes.. I live in Japan, I follow J-vloggers, what else am I going to do with my time, lol. I mostly lurk except when I want to make a strong point, and this was one such case. For people that I don't have an issue with (Rachel, etc), I don't post or read, because I don't want to let negative commentary cloud my perception of them.  

Overall, I disagree with their decision to get a third pet. But I didn't have the same sense that they're terrible with financial decisions because of the timing of events.

@Kasi, where are you moving that you only have to pay  2 months of rent in moving costs?! Please tell me so I can move there ;_;

I do wish she would stop this whole thing with the "Oh my god there's drama, but I'm not going to tell you about it!" thing. Just don't mention the subject matter at all - say there have been some personal struggles recently. That bugs me - if drama is mentioned, I want to know what the drama is.. 

Edited by Krynn

Posted

There was a bit of confusion about whether Mimei still works, and in her latest vlog she says she "usually works weekends." (Timestamped.)

Cinnamon is doing much better. They meet a fan who gives Duncan some more Star Wars clutter for their house, but they also take a gift in exchange which is nice.

Posted

did they ever say what was actually wrong with cinnamon ? 

Posted

did they ever say what was actually wrong with cinnamon ? 

I got this impression that it ended to be nothing nearly serious what they made it look to be.

Posted

Anybody else watching Mimei's Instagram live stream? She's crying and definitely talking about PULL (without actually naming it), negative comments they have received regarding asking for donations, and some of the passive aggressive comments she has made.

Posted

She posted this on twitter:

More

"so i was reading the comments on this video and honestly i'm a little shocked. i don't know if it's coming from hate sites or what but some of the comments make me feel like i shouldn't talk honestly anymore. and wow, this feeling stinks."

Posted

Mimei, we are not here to hate on you!

Most of us have a quite positive view on you, we just ask you to please let go of that Jvlogger drama. You don't have to talk about it, so please don't feel compelled to talk about it just because a couple of us are noesy. It is also tyring for us to hear a lot of vague comments. Please, just let go of it. That you didn't expose others shows that you are indeed not about stirring up stuff.

And people who donated to you wanted to donate. It doesn't matter that other people don't understand that. People were confused but those people are probably not even among the doners. Most people think YTers are rich af and "don't want to work", when it is really a very tyring way of making a living.

I have sympathy for your fragility, I really do. You just have to not let those nasty, non constructive comments get to you. :alpacacrush:

- sorry for the big font, but I relly want her to see that we are not bad people hating her -