• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you.

Mimei and Duncan (PDR-san)

2149 posts in this topic

Posted

So they paid for a new cat and they can't afford the vet to begin with?

Posted

So they paid for a new cat and they can't afford the vet to begin with?

No, one of their other cats got sick unexpectedly and it's probably a bigger issue.

Posted

No, one of their other cats got sick unexpectedly and it's probably a bigger issue.

Responsible adults would have put some money aside for emergencies like this.

Posted

Responsible adults would have put some money aside for emergencies like this.

That's what I explained in my post on the last page already.

But paying regular vet pills and having a bigger issue that needs more treatment is still completely different. In general, I do agree that there always should be enough money for emergencies, but that raises the question of how much that would be.

Posted

Did they even try to think of ways to pay for the expense themselves? Maybe make a few extra videos or  sell some of the stuff they own.

why work hard or sell things when you can mooch off the good nature of your followers.  thats what fans are for, right?

Posted

So the latest tweet indicates that he has gastroenteritis and thanks all those who have donated. Sounds like they are keeping him for a few days.

Posted

I'm glad Tay is not around Mimei anymore, I bet Mimei would have tried to get money from her. How can 30 yo something manage their house and money so poorly? Why so many people in online community think they can make strangers to pay whatever and whenever they need something??

True, Tay can be problematic in her own ways but I remember when Laura's pet was ill, Taylor was there taking her for second opinions from other vets. We know she wasn't there for her Japanese. 

Posted

Did they mention anywhere how much the vet bills are? I looked a little bit on both of their twitters but I couldn't find anything. It's odd to me that they'd be asking for money without mentioning how much they need unless they did of course aha.

Also the fact that they didn't really say what was wrong with Cinnamon before they started asking for donations is a bit odd to me too. I feel like if you're going to be asking people for help, especially monetarily, you'd want to give them as much information as possible? Maybe that's just me.  

I also hope they got a second opinion because of exactly what people have mentioned above with Laura and Tay.

Posted

She had another cat and wasted money to buy a new one, sickness dont knock the door so you can be ready. 

Posted

Did they mention anywhere how much the vet bills are? I looked a little bit on both of their twitters but I couldn't find anything. It's odd to me that they'd be asking for money without mentioning how much they need unless they did of course aha.

Also the fact that they didn't really say what was wrong with Cinnamon before they started asking for donations is a bit odd to me too. I feel like if you're going to be asking people for help, especially monetarily, you'd want to give them as much information as possible? Maybe that's just me.  

I also hope they got a second opinion because of exactly what people have mentioned above with Laura and Tay.

I don’t know how much vets in Japan cost, but it’s probably at least $300-$1500. It depends on if they took him to an emergency vet clinic or not. (I paid $700 for overnight because no other place was opened, then I was able to transfer my cat to another place that was $300 for 24/7 care for a whole weekend.) ((also if your 14 year old cat has kidney failure, just put them down :( ))

I want to mention that sometimes it can be hard to tell other people what’s going on with their animal... If they’re asking people for $$, I understand your point though. 

OT: People also don’t look into things, I see tons of ppl doing this on social media websites especially Americans. You can open up a carecredit card and be approved for $1500 instantly and do monthly payment plans. There has to be something similar in Japan. 

While I do see their irresponsibility for asking people to give them $$ for vet bills, I can kinda relate. Cats go down really quickly, they’re fine one day and then the next day they aren’t eating or drinking. It can be a big surprise, especially if the cat isn’t super old. I hope their cat comes home soon, losing an animal is awful.

However despite how I can relate, there isn’t an excuse. They’re both adults with jobs- why didn’t they have an emergency fund, or a back up plan to handle expenses? They could budget a new cat in, but not budget for an emergency? 

Posted

That bothers me too. I get that sometimes there are unexpected major expenses. And they don't really have any family in Japan that they could borrow money from, but vet bills shouldn't be one of them. If you have animals, you should expect that they would need a vet eventually. Cinnamon is still at the point of only getting tests done so they are still at the beginning of the process and they are already asking for money. Do they  have no emergency fund at all? Even a few hundred dollars would help in situations like this. 

Did they even try to think of ways to pay for the expense themselves? Maybe make a few extra videos or  sell some of the stuff they own.

I'm gonna be that guy and tell ya about a personal experience with that absolute fucking shite happening to me. I'm gonna keep it short.
My cat suddenly started being lethargic, limping, salivating and not eating. At that moment I was low on funds after a new bill passed (talking law) where I suddenly had to pay 7K for simply owning a house (with my parents, but we split the bills because both my parents are sick and my sister and I are the only ones who are capable of earning money.. I'm still a student my sister just got into physiotherapy, paid internship so not a lot) and whoopdidoo the vet is damn expensive and we got the checkup done, and then out of money because that was enough to drain our emergency fund. So that leaves medication and surgery.. Which together was 24K, 24K we did not have. What did we do? We went online to a cat support group and asked for help financially. Got told to fuck off by many for not managing economy despite explaining the situation and.. well oversharing to the point that made us uncomfortable.

Bottomline: Some people will help them that is up to them. Keep in mind YT doesn't bring that much money and even if they did start working full time outside of youtube a lot more, if the help is needed immediately then it's kinda futile.

But, on the last part, I do agree. Sell some stuff and make extra content, but that takes time to end up in the wallet again. I feel for anyone who gets into economical crash. 

Posted

Life update video.

She briefly mentions that there was drama with other youtubers (as we all know) but says she doesn't want to get into it because she doesn't want to stir things up. Talks about her new cat Suga (some cute footage in here) and Cinnamon. The merch going to support Cinnamon is up at: https://www.kawaiiasbro.com/ I still think it's shitty to not pay the artists like someone mentioned earlier, but the mug is actually sooo cute.

Posted

To me, just don't get another pet if you're not prepared, I've been without a pet for now 8 years, out of choice because I simply couldnt afford the possible vet bills, I could afford its care and food, but I don't want to be stuck crying my eyes out knowing i could do nothing to help them if they were sick. 

I honestly HAAAATE crowdfunding peoples pet medical issues, you chose to not budget well, don't expect randoms to pay for it. Shit in life happens but you shouldn't turn to strangers on the internet to save you, thats like me walking up to randoms in the street asking to pay for my phone bill if I'm a bit short. It's just pure irresponsibility.

If you have a pet, you put aside money, if something comes up, you gotta make a decision. It's absolutely fucking depressing, I've had to put a pet down due to surgery being too expensive vs euthanasia (and before anyone says anything, I was 14, it was our 18 year old dog, she was already extremely old, in pain and the surgery wasn't guaranteed to help and was going to cost $7k+) but I don't see why they think its right to do this. 

They should look to sell some of their things or make more videos for revenue rather than be leeches.

Posted

One thing I don't like about Mimei is how she constantly brings up the topic of money. She always makes herself look poor or broke. Obviously she ain't rich like Taylor and just isn't rich at all but she is doing fine? People who struggle with money don't go often to have a coffee at Starbucks and they cannot afford to support their hobbies buying merch and comic books. 

P.S. I know that going to your favorite place to drink cup of coffee can be good to relieve stress and generally for your mental health but the thing is that poor people can't afford to treat their mental health.