• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Mimei and Duncan (PDR-san)

2135 posts in this topic

Posted

cute kitty <3

Posted

He's adorable! I hope Mimei does an explanation video about why they got him. I'm curious if he's from a shelter or something.

Posted

I think they probably went to a breeder because the cat is still really young (I think Mimei said 8 weeks) and is a distinctive breed. Not to say it's impossible that they adopted from a shelter, just more likely that they purchased from a breeder.

Either way the cat is really cute. Black cats are my favorite.

Posted

yeah, not cool.  look, i get wanting multiple pets- who doesn't?  they're fun, they're cute.  BUT if you have to beg for donations to take care of the ones you already have YOU SHOULD NOT GET ANOTHER PET.  

PLUS, i dunno, but 3 cats in such a tiny space doesn't seem that sensible to me.  i know rachel and jun have 3 cats but they seem like better pet owners tbh.  their place is always clean and tidy and i think it's quite a bit bigger as well.

mimei and duncan meanwhile, have a bunch of crap, theres always cat hair on everything, ehhh i mean that may be super judgmental but i honestly don't think that it's be best standard of living for those kitties.

Posted

yeah, not cool.  look, i get wanting multiple pets- who doesn't?  they're fun, they're cute.  BUT if you have to beg for donations to take care of the ones you already have YOU SHOULD NOT GET ANOTHER PET.  

PLUS, i dunno, but 3 cats in such a tiny space doesn't seem that sensible to me.  i know rachel and jun have 3 cats but they seem like better pet owners tbh.  their place is always clean and tidy and i think it's quite a bit bigger as well.

mimei and duncan meanwhile, have a bunch of crap, theres always cat hair on everything, ehhh i mean that may be super judgmental but i honestly don't think that it's be best standard of living for those kitties.

They need to take care of the clutter first before getting another cat

Posted

Edit - oh and not just donations, wanting someone to do art for free to assist in their begging for donations - double that fuck off. 

art for free?

Posted (edited)

Cinnamon got sick AFTER they got Suga. Just because everyone seems to ignore that.

I do agree though that they should have taken better care of their finances in general because it's pretty obvious that they got Suga from a breeder and not from a shelter. And for me, that's just wasted money. There are so many cats in Japan you can adopt and which are just as cute, obviously.

About the space, I really can't even tell if they have more space now than before or not because it was cluttered immediately again. Which tbh I can't understand because when I'm moving or even just cleaning up, I want it to stay clean. I don't understand why they haven't rented a rental space somewhere, I get wanting your collection close and available to you, but if you can't afford a bigger apartment, you need to either stop buying or outsource. But apparently they do have enough money for a new breed cat??

Edited by Qualle

Posted

art for free?

Yeah, Duncan's tweet says "Hey guys, we need to raise money for Cinnamon’s vet fees so we want to put out a special Cinnamon t-shirt. If you’re a designer and could possibly donate some art towards this could you please get in touch?"

Cinnamon got sick AFTER they got Suga. Just because everyone seems to ignore that.

True true, so I guess it could just all come down to bad timing etc, but you also can't really assume when you get a new pet that it won't need vet care either - though I suppose you don't assume that will happen immediately.

Honestly compared to their old place I've been thinking their new place looks much less cluttered! And it looks a bit more spacious too? 3 cats in a small place does seem a bit much though.

Posted

Ughhh mostly I love Mimei, buuuuuut....

https://twitter.com/mimei/status/952375577180217349

They just got a new kitten, yet here they are begging for donations to pay for vet bills. If you can’t afford the two cats you’ve got, why the fuck get a third?

I like Mimei a lot, but I agree. If you get a pet (no matter if you adopt, pick it up from the street or buy it), you have to be able to afford it and afford the bills etc. Pets are expensive, and vet bills are expensive, food for pets is expensive. You are making a commitment. If you want to commit to a pet and buy one, you have to be able to afford it, have the space for it, have the fitting living circumstances for it etc.

Posted

at first, i thought they got the kitten cause cinnamon was sick and it would be easier to cope if he passed. 

Posted (edited)

Seriously, they have money to buy purebred cats, but not to pay their vet bills? Doesn't anyone put money aside for emergencies or vet bills? Purebred cats have a tendency to need more vet care because of the inbreeding that is often done to get what began as a natural mutation (i.e. folded ears, curled ears). 

It really makes me snarky when people ask others to pay their bills because they can't be bothered to save any. You're 30 years old. Try to be a little more responsible. If you have pets, you're going to have pet care costs and that includes vet bills when they get sick. 

I do hope Cinnamon is not seriously ill, poor guy! 

Edited by Chanterelle
needed to add something

Posted

You guys know I'm really fond of Mimei and honestly like her videos, so I usually defend her. But what's bothering me with the current situation...

I understand that Mimei maybe wanted Suga as some form of therapy because she mentioned not being well in one of her IG stories. I understand wanting a new family member.

Now for the financial situation... I've been looking into the tattoo shop they went to last month because I'm interested in getting a tattoo there myself. It's a great shop with kind staff and talented artist, nothing against that. But looking into it, I realized how expensive Mimei's and Duncan's tattoos must have been. Both of them had iPhone sized ones I'd say? They had a lot of colour and shading as well and that costs extra of course.

Bildschirmfoto_2018-01-14_um_16.28.41.th

What I wanna get it, they could afford the tattoos and then got a purebred kitten a month later but now they're out of money? When they asked for money last month it felt genuine for me, that they really can need it. I'm assuming that they can pay rent and bills by themselves, so the donations were extra money and that's totally fine. But I was expecting them to... spend it on useful stuff? Things that need to get repaired or replaced? Maybe it's just bad timing and I have the wrong impression, but they got tattoos that must have cost them several hundred euros/dollars (which is why I am still reluctant to get one haha) and then they get a kitten that must have cost just about the same amount. Probably with the donations. Which is all totally fine, they can spend the money how they want and if they spend it all at once (or twice in this case), that's fine too. What bothers me is that instead of having saved some of it, they ask for money again. Was Suga really necessary? Wouldn't it have been better to save that money for bad days? Then they would have had enough money now. Or maybe they just got so much support that they thought they could ask their fans for money again when they could afford it?

I think it's this part that bothers me the most. So you had enough money for tattoos and a kitten outside of those donations? Or what?

Bildschirmfoto_2018-01-14_um_16.35.26.th

Posted

Maybe it's just an unfortunate coincidence that just as they bought a new cat their old one got ill but then that raises a question - did they spend so much money on the new cat that they can't afford vet bills now? If so, that's incredibly foolish and irresponsible. Loving animals doesn't stop at buying them, you have to be able to properly care for them afterwards.

Or perhaps it's just so much easier to get others to pay instead (especially seeing how it works pretty well for her ex-bff)? Which just once again shows the jvlogger-clique in not such a good light yet with surprisingly similar personalities.

Posted

I'm glad Tay is not around Mimei anymore, I bet Mimei would have tried to get money from her. How can 30 yo something manage their house and money so poorly? Why so many people in online community think they can make strangers to pay whatever and whenever they need something??