• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Mimei and Duncan (PDR-san)

2135 posts in this topic

Posted

Okay, but just in case I'll leave adding Duncan to this thread up for discussion a bit more, and I'll add him tomorrow if there are no objections. In the mean time, continue talking about the 2 of them here on this thread. :alpacaheadshake:

Posted

Is she implying someone gave out her address? The men sound like strangers? 

Screenshot_2016-11-23-21-07-13-1.png

Screenshot_2016-11-23-21-07-21-1.png

Screenshot_2016-11-23-21-11-04-1.png

Posted

Is she implying someone gave out her address? The men sound like strangers? 

Screenshot_2016-11-23-21-07-13-1.png

Screenshot_2016-11-23-21-07-21-1.png

Screenshot_2016-11-23-21-11-04-1.png

i think she is talking about supposedly duncan's family who tried to break in, not different men

Posted (edited)

Hidden Content

In response to Hakacze: LOL. I'm sorry, but that made me laugh. Duncan is so sarcastic when he jokes that I don't doubt he made that story up. I'm more inclined to believe Dante since he's more honest even if he is a little...dumb? 

I don't mean to take Duncan's words seriously, but more like both of them stated that their father left :alpacaheadshake: also I think that Duncan said that because he's bitter about their father abandonment :alpacawink:

Oh yes! That's a good point about him being easily manipulated. Their mom has come off like that since I've been hearing about her. I guess now I don't believe either of them. Duncan has a way of dealing with serious personal subjects in a reluctant way and he lies. I don't believe him. I wish he'd said nothing instead of lying. and Dante is...not that smart. Since he was pretty young and considering how dumb he is, yeah, I can't fully believe him either.

I guess we'll never know.  I don't care if they deal with it in private, but if they're out here publicly lying about what went down.... 

Don't forget that when they came back to Japan, Dante is practically still a child.. Maybe that's why he's easily disciplined :alpacaheadshake:

One idea is that I could edit this thread's OP to be about Duncan and Mimei? I feel like that would be viable because they feature so much in each other videos and they're married after all...

Please do so :alpacaheadshake: it would take too much space to separate them into different thread, since the discussion would probably linked them to each other

About Mimei's tweet:
I hope this time they decided to make 'appointment' so not to scare each other again tho

Edited by hakacze

Posted

I think this thread can be changed to BACOUPLE & PDS since they're all related...

On Duncan

Yes, his humor is very dark and crude, but I like it (because mine is too to some extent!) But I think behind all that is someone who has been hurt deeply. Something happened in his past, I think, and I believe the humor hides lots of hurt. I think that's why he's so caring and protective of Mimei. There probably wasn't that level of love in his upbringing. 

He's extremely sarcastic with a poker face, so I honestly don't know which part of his "Draw My Life" I believe (him being a father who hasn't seen his kid since a divorce during his college years...his dad getting hit by a train and getting killed). Personally, I don't believe those stories, and I think his dad must be somewhere in England. But I wouldn't mind being corrected on this.

All in all, I think he has a reason to feel negatively toward his family. He doesn't come across as the type to randomly go off on people. 

On Dante

Yeah, I think the kid's an idiot (you should go back and watch the video Duncan made making fun of him :harharplz:).

That being said, I believe him in regards to what he says about family more than Duncan because it sounds more believable. I think he ignores his white side because he barely lived in England, and honestly, Duncan looks a lot more white than he does; Dante could say he's full Japanese and I think many people would believe him. There's a lot of bullying associated with being half in Japan from what I've heard. I think that's why Dante dumbed himself down to fit in...that is, he may not be as stupid as we think (but I'm just being a devil's advocate there, ha!)

On Mimei

I know she's scared about what happened, but she has got to stop twitting about this...if it is Duncan's family, and she thinks they will come again, they need to set up an appointment during the day in a public place to meet and talking things over. As Mikail (sp?) said, it's childish to talk about this on twitter, regardless of who's right or wrong. 

Posted

I saw the tweets when she posted them and my first thought was "Girl... Don't keep dragging that online". I understand that it's traumatising and everything, but now she just sounds bitter and like it's a public warning of some sort. Like, yes, it's about her basically, but it's Duncan's responsibility to clear things with his family (either cut ties completely or make up). Keeping it public is definitely doing more damage than good.

Posted

I think this thread can be changed to BACOUPLE & PDS since they're all related...

On Duncan

Yes, his humor is very dark and crude, but I like it (because mine is too to some extent!) But I think behind all that is someone who has been hurt deeply. Something happened in his past, I think, and I believe the humor hides lots of hurt. I think that's why he's so caring and protective of Mimei. There probably wasn't that level of love in his upbringing. 

All in all, I think he has a reason to feel negatively toward his family. He doesn't come across as the type to randomly go off on people. 

On Dante

Yeah, I think the kid's an idiot (you should go back and watch the video Duncan made making fun of him :harharplz:).

That being said, I believe him in regards to what he says about family more than Duncan because it sounds more believable. I think he ignores his white side because he barely lived in England, and honestly, Duncan looks a lot more white than he does; ..... I think that's why Dante dumbed himself down to fit in...that is, he may not be as stupid as we think

On Mimei

I know she's scared about what happened, but she has got to stop twitting about this...

The only think I differ from your post is:

funnily I think Dante is more 'white' than Duncan, because freckles (:alpacacrush: is it really freckles or just low res cam tho??) and maybe his colored hair. tbh I really miss their funny interaction and pranks on each other :alpacasad:

imho Duncan behavior is the result of understanding the work of the culture differences, he's old enough to remember how the culture treats him on both countries and embrace both culture(?). Like showed in the video before, Japanese culture can be really harsh for the 'outsider', that's partly why he act like that to Mimei and his family :alpacaheadshake:

Posted

iirc the family moved back to Japan with their father, who then left the family (Duncan once said that he died & I thought that maybe it was easier for him to cope with it that way...)

Dante actually once tried to learn English & went to the Phillipines & also to Wales & he even had a channel for videos in English but he abandoned it pretty soon.

This is purely speculation but I think that Duncan's the only one who had troubles adapting to Japanese society & might even have been bullied, which is why he embraces his English side so much, while Dante & Mikhail just occasionally mention it as an interesting fact.

I'm not sure if I've ever commented on Mimei in this thread (lol) but I really like her videos, especially her vlogs! It took me some time to get used to her but now I really like her. She's actually the only J-vlogger I like :alpacacrush:

Posted

Funnily enough I'd say Duncan looks the most European out of the three brothers... his eyes are the biggest and he has double eyelids, and that's the immediately noticeable facial feature that can't be changed. Dante and Mikhail's eyes are small compared to Duncan's, so that's why.

Imo Mimei should keep what happened as private as possible unless the opposing party tries to make it public. Little good will come from making the incident public, especially if she ever needs to take legal procedures in the future.

Dante's English has always been limited; Mikhail seems to be better/ more devoted. Also on the subject of Dante, there was one video years ago where Duncan and Mikhail were doing a Q&A and a question "which one of your brothers would you rather hang with" came up to Mikhail, and he said "Dante's so annoying... but he's stupid so he's easy to use. So Dante". Duncan just about pissed himself from laugher lol. xD

And Duncan has been added. :alpacaheadshake:

Posted

I love Mimei! If anything i feel like if we were to meet irl we could actually become friends. I've never gotten the boring vibe from her, if i were to like... clean up my room(or clean in general, or write etc) i'd turn on one of her videos. They're very relaxing and sometimes informitive. I also feel like she's not playing up a character like everyone else is(cept for Victor ofc but he's not really part of the 'group' but the jvlog group i guess? ANYWAY). 

^^ i don't get a bad vibe from her and i like that she has a real(for a lack of a better word) job outside of youtube because who knows how long youtube will actually last(because of that whole youtube red thing, 'cause idk about you but im not paying for youtube). 

Posted

I was wondering, what's the height of Duncan because in his recent video he answered about when people told him how small he was  or well short. And also, I was wondering Mimei's height too. Has she mentioned anything that personal in her channel? 

Posted (edited)

I was wondering, what's the height of Duncan because in his recent video he answered about when people told him how small he was  or well short. And also, I was wondering Mimei's height too. Has she mentioned anything that personal in her channel? 

I don't think the question is about how small he is, but what would he do when someone say that he's short??
I never knew if she mentioned her height before (she said she's 170 ish in twitter), I think Duncan mentioned his height once but I can't remember xD

Edited by hakacze
remembering stg

Posted (edited)

I don't know. The way she's talking about them makes me think it's not Duncan's family, but I'm not ruling it out. 

I was surprised she was putting it back out there on SM, but then I saw how she was replying to others, and it seems she just wants some comfort and understanding, but I don't think online is the way to get that. With something like that, I wish she'd go talk to a mental health professional especially since she's not been able to sleep for around a month. By her tweets, it's taking a toll on her. Strangers, I doubt are going to be able to help much. And although her Jvlogger friends offered a sweet tweet, they don't know how to respond to this sort of thing either by the looks of it. 

Family drama is not something I like to see for them. They're pretty calm online and don't really have any gross drama like the other jvloggers. Family stuff is pretty serious. Serious enough that they should be handling this on their own in private with professionals. :/ 

Edited by Whythough

Posted (edited)

With something like that, I wish she'd go talk to a mental health professional especially since she's not been able to sleep for around a month.

I was doing research on Japan and apparently (please correct me if I'm wrong) mental health support in Japan is lacking. I mean it's got a stigma in western societies as it is, but in Japan it's even more hit and miss. I also saw some posts by foreigners in Japan, and apparently there's this one gaijin doc who's basically a scam. Like he's the first doctor who'll come up on search engines (most likely because he's taken out ads to place himself there) and he charges extortionate amounts of money for like a few skype chats and prescribes just whatever medication he's being sponsored to hand out. A lot of foreigners have fell to his scam because he's one of the few English speaking mental health professionals in Japan so he seems to have cornered the market. : /

I don't know how the Japanese mental health professionals in detail, but for Mimei I think her Japanese is good enough that she doesn't need to rely on a gaijin doctor.

Edited by redbowkiki

Posted

I was surprised she was putting it back out there on SM, but then I saw how she was replying to others, and it seems she just wants some comfort and understanding, but I don't think online is the way to get that. With something like that, I wish she'd go talk to a mental health professional especially since she's not been able to sleep for around a month. By her tweets, it's taking a toll on her. Strangers, I doubt are going to be able to help much.

I agree with this. Also I sometimes wish she would reduce her caffeine intakes, since it kinda related to anxiety(?)

sadly I honestly feel that mental health issue in Asia isn't taken as seriously as in other continent (particularly in US) I never really seen someone here getting help unless they're getting really mad or destructive, thus I can understand her action a bit..