• Announcements

• Moderator Applications Open!   05/20/17

Hi everyone! We're looking to expand our moderation team. See this thread for the link if you are interested. Thanks!

Mimei and Duncan (PDR-san)

849 posts in this topic

Posted

oh my god mimei has the most annoying japanese voice!! her actions are so cringe too like why is she trying to be Kawaii Mimei-Chan!? Ughhhh

she have video on this

Posted

I'm sorry if this has already been addressed (I didn't see anything about it), but does anyone know if the crepes she and Duncan had in Himeji were vegan or not?

Since they throw shade at Taylor for being a fake vegan, but Mimei had a crepe (which usually contains milk & egg but could've been made vegan) with custard, and custard is a mixture of milk and egg. I've never seen a vegan custard, but I might be wrong.

Posted

she have video on this

I love stuff like this, like, how different languages not only present like, well the obvious, but they can also be different ways of thinking, and interacting with the world.

Like, so many languages (3/4 out of the languages I've studied) have a way of speaking formally built into the language. In italian (and spanish from memory), you refer to the person using the third person pronouns (like... A Lei piacerebbe andare alla spiaggia?) [Would You (formal) like to go to the beach?], and in Japanese they have a whole way of speaking that's super polite (Keigo. I don't personally know it, but I want to). English doesn't really have this, so it's less obvious in the language.

Also like, in languages which have gendered nouns (1/2 of the languages I've studied), people will view the item differently depending on the "gender" of the noun. I can't think of any examples off the top of my head, but they exist.

Also, in my experience, on a sound thing, Japanese is a softer language? Like, vowel sounds? I'm really not sure how to explain it without having access to audio recordings. 

Posted

I'm sorry if this has already been addressed (I didn't see anything about it), but does anyone know if the crepes she and Duncan had in Himeji were vegan or not?

Since they throw shade at Taylor for being a fake vegan, but Mimei had a crepe (which usually contains milk & egg but could've been made vegan) with custard, and custard is a mixture of milk and egg. I've never seen a vegan custard, but I might be wrong.

search her channel i find this

time stamp 2:37

Posted

Mimei and Duncan are vegetarian, not vegan. So eggs and dairy are fine.

Posted

Please ignore the quote, I don't know why it's there and can't make it go away T^T

I don't really understand the fake vegan thing. It's been shade since they uploaded that 'we're not vegan' video, then again in the drama with Bii. Unless it's purely aimed at Sharla, doesn't she claim to be fully vegan now? It doesn't make sense to me since Taylor has never claimed to be vegan. Is there someone else I've forgotten about? :alpacaconfused:

Do you think their issue that she puts vegan in her video titles? Personally, I don't see anything wrong with that, it's useful for vegans to find recipes and restaurants that are vegan even if the person showing you them isn't...  :alpacaworry:

Posted

Please ignore the quote, I don't know why it's there and can't make it go away T^T

I don't really understand the fake vegan thing. It's been shade since they uploaded that 'we're not vegan' video, then again in the drama with Bii. Unless it's purely aimed at Sharla, doesn't she claim to be fully vegan now? It doesn't make sense to me since Taylor has never claimed to be vegan. Is there someone else I've forgotten about? :alpacaconfused:

Do you think their issue that she puts vegan in her video titles? Personally, I don't see anything wrong with that, it's useful for vegans to find recipes and restaurants that are vegan even if the person showing you them isn't...  :alpacaworry:

because 'veganism' is trendy at the moment, people like Taylor and Sharla are basically trying to capitalise off of it and by "fake vegans" we only have what they show on camera to see, Mimei and Duncan probably saw more than the viewers will ever see so I'm more inclined to believe that both of them only act more vegan on camera to get views and probably secretly eat stuff otherwise. Taylor is just doing the "kelly anne conway" where she just deflects it all and pretends she doesn't see/read it and continues on her shit. Sharla is probably just a sneaky meat eater. 

Posted

I don't know about meat.... I mean, Sharla is coming from a vegetarian family to begin with.

Perhaps chicken, dairy or eggs could be considered, but I can't imagine Sharla secretly eating bacon!:happee:

Posted (edited)

mimei is not a vegan. she's a vegetarian, there's a huge difference. milk, eggs, any animal biproducts are consumed by vegetarians so there's nothing wrong with her eating a crepe 

edit: i was late lm a o

Edited by littleghosts