• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Mimei and Duncan (PDR-san)

2135 posts in this topic

Posted

if it was what happened and it was Duncan's family barging, I still get Mimei's reaction. And even if it's family it's still not a reason to barge into someone's home without their consent. gosh.

I haven't read the Japanese blogposts because it's a bit long but I may at one point.

the Jpn Youtube is very commercial indeed, and Duncan has been throwing shade at it and the Japanese youtubers for a long time now. (which I appreciate tbh)

Posted

Hm, I agree there should be more evidence that it's the family...something tells me Mimei wouldn't have talked about it on social media if it was. Duncan's brothers are well-known after all. 

I agree though, I like how Duncan speaks out about YT Japan. The Charisma Brothers video was fair to me, I mean, their English is TRAGIC yet they were LAUGHING at people who couldn't speak English! What the actual f**k! Even popular cooking Japanese YTer Ochikeron said something recently on her FB about the lack of creativity among Japanese YTers, ha!

Posted

I pretty much sure that it is their family barging, because Mikhail's tweet is still existI :alpacashocked:

I can imagine several things that would've happened if they were able to meet properly with Duncan. And I'm also glad (if it is true) that it's only family barging in, I for a while thought that it would be some stalker or robber, and or anything like that. I want Mimei to still enjoy her peaceful daily walks.

Do any of you guys know if Duncan also joined Genesis or is it only Mimei?

Posted

I pretty much sure that it is their family barging, because Mikhail's tweet is still existI :alpacashocked:

I can imagine several things that would've happened if they were able to meet properly with Duncan. And I'm also glad (if it is true) that it's only family barging in, I for a while thought that it would be some stalker or robber, and or anything like that. I want Mimei to still enjoy her peaceful daily walks.

Do any of you guys know if Duncan also joined Genesis or is it only Mimei?

Both of them joined Genesis :alpacaheadshake:.

I love Mimei to bits eventho she might come across as boring or tacky in ways but I love that she just never gets into really petty jvlogger dramas 💕. 

Posted

From watching Duncan's videos, "Youtube Japan" is incredibly commercial, more so than the rest of YT; the main YTers get their break by doing product reviews and hamming up their reactions. UUUM is the agency that's signed many of the biggest YTers in Japan, and nearly all of them do heavy product placement (Kinoshita Yuka for example, the nature of her videos means that she always does products placements because she eats a ton of food and that has to come from a company somewhere). Duncan's brother Dante is basically like that, and there was one of Duncan's videos where he says their mum wanted Duncan to produce more "profitable" videos like Dante's, and Duncan added that he wasn't sorry that he hadn't spoken to her in a while.

Ohhhh, okay! Thanks so much! :alpacacrush:

Posted

I appreciate  how laid back she is, kinda. But man, man oh man she bores me like nothing else. I don't think Ive made it through a whole of a video before? Monotone really got me, like Daria but less sass which is funny.

I think this is just how New Zealanders' sound. Our accent is very monotone, we don't pronounce our vowels, and we get lazy with speech. We're also just a chilled out bunch. She sounds exactly like my group of friends here :)

Posted

I think this is just how New Zealanders' sound. Our accent is very monotone, we don't pronounce our vowels, and we get lazy with speech. We're also just a chilled out bunch. She sounds exactly like my group of friends here :)

(((I hope you, your friends, and your family are safe right now!! )))

Also- I really like her name, is Mimei her actual name? It's really cute imo.

Posted (edited)

wish someone can read Mikhail's tweet about the unexpected guests though.. (google translate said that one of the visitors is their grandfather??)

Looked at the video comments and saw someone did a rough translation to this so thought I would share

Edit: I hope Mimei and Duncan stay safe. Mimei is one of the few Jvloggers I can stand to watch all of her videos for (I love how she shows parts of the areas she visits and I enjoy her editing) And Duncan has some pretty funny and creative videos. They don't jump on the popular bandwagon they stay themselves, perhaps it's their maturity showing I'm not sure, it's hard to explain. But Mimei does great videos i can't wait to see what she does for vlogmas if at all. She might be too stressed, seems life has been throwing a lot at her as of late.

mimei.jpg

Edited by DarkWind
Wanted to add opinions

Posted

I hope they worked it out with their family. I kinda understand why and how things like this happened.. and sometimes family needs to understand why one of their member acts different towards them.

It is good to have a good relationship with family, even a little, and I hope they find their 'meeting point'. I am sure both of the side only means well.

I can't wait about the new project tho!

Posted

So from the sounds of things, my interpretation is that Duncan cut contact with a lot of his family on his own will because he didn't like them (the snippets of things he says about his mother are telling). It's actually pretty possible that Mimei hasn't met a lot of his family, or only maybe once or twice, so she might not have known who they really were? I mean imagine if 3 men you didn't know/ barely knew were outside of your house and saying they were relatives of your husband's, 3 against 1 is no joke, of course you're not going to let them in if you had any self-preservation skills.

Also family who are cut off need to understand there was a reason someone ceased contact with them. Like you may want to talk to them but they don't want to talk to you. : / Either way, sounds like the 3 people who said they were Duncan's family (if they were) had no idea of personal boundaries.

Posted

I also think that maybe the family kind of 'blames' Mimei, and didn't treat her nicely before, therefore the scared reaction.. I don't think person as chill as her could react that bad when her hubby's brother visits. It almost feel like she's being ambushed when her husband is not around (talk from personal exp)

Sadly sometimes there are family member that never get the concept of personal boundaries.

Posted

Does she have an ED? She always looked sickly to me, and her hair is so thin. 

Posted

Because someone asked, Mimei isn't her real name. She once said that she hates her real name.

And she actually used to be super close to Dante. She even subbed some of his videos iirc (& also did the subtitles for some of his friend's videos...) & I think she also might've met Mikhail before bc Duncan once filmed a video w him at home...

Tbh I think they sort of stopped mentioning Dante in their videos when he signed with UUUM (i'm not a 100% sure about that) & at first I thought UUUM just told them to stop mentioning him...

Posted (edited)

Does she have an ED? She always looked sickly to me, and her hair is so thin. 

Mimei doesn't have an ED; there's no indication of her having an ED throughout her videos.

If you think she looks sick, she herself has said it's because 1) she has genetic dark circles which are quite prominent even under makeup and 2) her hair reacts badly to the high humidity in Japan. Also her hair hasn't been healthy recently because of stress, she said that her hair has been falling out due to it... she addressed that as well.

And she actually used to be super close to Dante. She even subbed some of his videos iirc (& also did the subtitles for some of his friend's videos...) & I think she also might've met Mikhail before bc Duncan once filmed a video w him at home...

Tbh I think they sort of stopped mentioning Dante in their videos when he signed with UUUM (i'm not a 100% sure about that) & at first I thought UUUM just told them to stop mentioning him...

I wonder about that... Duncan has obviously voiced his distaste for UUUM but he discussed before that he and Mimei actually advised Dante to sign with them because UUUM would be good for Dante, just not Duncan or Mimei. So I wonder if they're still on speaking terms behind the scenes because for Dante, having your older brother trash your agency and film with you at the same time isn't exactly great.

Edited by redbowkiki

Posted

Mimei doesn't have an ED; there's no indication of her having an ED throughout her videos.

If you think she looks sick, she herself has said it's because 1) she has genetic dark circles which are quite prominent even under makeup and 2) her hair reacts badly to the high humidity in Japan. Also her hair hasn't been healthy recently because of stress, she said that her hair has been falling out due to it... she addressed that as well.

If you say so. Eugenia Cooney uses excuses too.