• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Mimei and Duncan (PDR-san)

2135 posts in this topic

Posted

As I said in another topic, at first I didn't like her video at all, but then finally, I watched one and thought that she was quite smart actually. Most of her videos are about fun and light situation but when she has to be thoughtful, she's very good as well. I also think she's often trying a lot to make pretty videos. Like in some of them, you can see she tried to give a style and that the editing was thinked a lot. I have to be honest, I love when she talks with Japanese youtuber in English. It could have been very mocking and hurtful, but most of the time, it's quite sweet.

Now, sometimes, there are videos I don't watch because not interested, but she's my fav jvlogger.

Posted

I appreciate  how laid back she is, kinda. But man, man oh man she bores me like nothing else. I don't think Ive made it through a whole of a video before? Monotone really got me, like Daria but less sass which is funny.

Posted

I appreciate  how laid back she is, kinda. But man, man oh man she bores me like nothing else. I don't think Ive made it through a whole of a video before? Monotone really got me, like Daria but less sass which is funny.

I agree, I've never been able to watch a solo Mimei video at all, it always has to be a collab video with someone else. I appreciate her for being laid back and avoiding a lot of the bad drama, but for the most part I end up skipping out on her videos.  

Posted

I'm not exactly sure why, but she makes me cringe. Tried watching her videos several times, but just no.. I can't finish them or start to like her. I wish she would cut her hair, bob style would suit her so much better.

Posted

Different folks, different strokes! I actually wish her videos were longer xD

She's apparently a Gemini, and I'm an Aquarius (so is Duncan). To understand quirky you gotta be the same flavor of quirky yourself. 

But yeah, I agree she'd look really good with shorter hair.  

Posted

I watched this video again and found some interesting comment below that said, one of the 3 men came barging into their house is PDS (a.k.a Dante, Duncan's brother). Here I quoted one of the comment: "Duncan has 2 other brothers, Mikhail and Dante. According to Mikhail, Dante, his grandfather, and another Youtuber came to their house and attempted to get in contact with Duncan who they hadn't been able to contact for over 3 years."

and then there is this link from lolcow http://minsyojo.blogspot.co.id/2016/11/pdr.html , which from what google translate tell me is that one of the reason Duncan recently released a roasting video is to cover the family issue with Mimei. Mikail even said that their mom is sad that Mimei called the family stalker, or something like that.

What do you guys think about this?

Posted

I watched this video again and found some interesting comment below that said, one of the 3 men came barging into their house is PDS (a.k.a Dante, Duncan's brother). Here I quoted one of the comment: "Duncan has 2 other brothers, Mikhail and Dante. According to Mikhail, Dante, his grandfather, and another Youtuber came to their house and attempted to get in contact with Duncan who they hadn't been able to contact for over 3 years."

and then there is this link from lolcow http://minsyojo.blogspot.co.id/2016/11/pdr.html , which from what google translate tell me is that one of the reason Duncan recently released a roasting video is to cover the family issue with Mimei. Mikail even said that their mom is sad that Mimei called the family stalker, or something like that.

What do you guys think about this?

Sounds more like a wild fan theory to me tbh. I don't think they would have addressed it like that if it had been a family thing. "Not being able to contact" always feels like a weird excuse to me in times of the internet and apps. Duncan wasn't even at home, so why would they have tried to get into their apartment to get into contact with him like that? Would have been easier to just wait outside for him to get home. Maybe Duncan doesn't wanna have anything to do with his family anymore for whatever reason and they don't wanna accept that.

Posted

Sounds more like a wild fan theory to me tbh. I don't think they would have addressed it like that if it had been a family thing. "Not being able to contact" always feels like a weird excuse to me in times of the internet and apps. Duncan wasn't even at home, so why would they have tried to get into their apartment to get into contact with him like that? Would have been easier to just wait outside for him to get home. Maybe Duncan doesn't wanna have anything to do with his family anymore for whatever reason and they don't wanna accept that.

The comments also said that Mikhail tweeted Mimei, and then Mimei tweeted Dante to talk about the thing happened yesterday.
I also think that Duncan is the one that 'moved out' from the family things because the family talk some shit about his life, and then the family suddenly came and just want to 'catch up', when Duncan is not home (they didn't try to contact him first), and that makes Mimei freaked out.

If it happened like that, I kinda understand Mimei's reaction

Posted

Do they really think it's ok to make people wait for receiving their packs? Priorities, hello?!

Posted

The comments also said that Mikhail tweeted Mimei, and then Mimei tweeted Dante to talk about the thing happened yesterday.I also think that Duncan is the one that 'moved out' from the family things because the family talk some shit about his life, and then the family suddenly came and just want to 'catch up', when Duncan is not home (they didn't try to contact him first), and that makes Mimei freaked out.

If it happened like that, I kinda understand Mimei's reaction

long time lurker & first time poster here..

i've been watching pdrsan for a really long time & he once mentioned that his mom kicked him out (i think the video was called watching my old videos or sth like that) but other than that i have no idea what could have happend between them especially bc dante used to appear in his videos a lot (& also mikhail appeared once)

& i've also seen mimei tweet dante (however it was in japanese & i only recognized the character for yesterday & when i went & checked again the tweet disappeared...)

Posted

long time lurker & first time poster here..

i've been watching pdrsan for a really long time & he once mentioned that his mom kicked him out (i think the video was called watching my old videos or sth like that) but other than that i have no idea what could have happend between them especially bc dante used to appear in his videos a lot (& also mikhail appeared once)

& i've also seen mimei tweet dante (however it was in japanese & i only recognized the character for yesterday & when i went & checked again the tweet disappeared...)

I read about said tweet n above video's comment.. They said Mimei tweeted to Dante "Let's talk about what happened yesterday, I'll wait your reply" or something like that.

After some google translating the blogpost link I posted above, I get the feeling that only Duncan embraces his half british-ness in the family, since Mikhail doesn't agree about Duncan roasting the Charisma Brother and Dante doesn't even speak english.. If you watch Duncan's Alpaca Society video you'll get a little clue about his feeling on that.

Duncan always said that Mimei is the one that always encourage him to be the person he is now, and that he didn't regret not talking to his family for 2 years. So, yeah there's that.

Posted

I read about said tweet n above video's comment.. They said Mimei tweeted to Dante "Let's talk about what happened yesterday, I'll wait your reply" or something like that.

After some google translating the blogpost link I posted above, I get the feeling that only Duncan embraces his half british-ness in the family, since Mikhail doesn't agree about Duncan roasting the Charisma Brother and Dante doesn't even speak english.. If you watch Duncan's Alpaca Society video you'll get a little clue about his feeling on that.

Duncan always said that Mimei is the one that always encourage him to be the person he is now, and that he didn't regret not talking to his family for 2 years. So, yeah there's that.

I remember Duncan also saying recently that he kept his English up to speed with American films, and that was the only way he could practice his English before he met Mimei. I've seen Dante and Mikhail on his videos and Mikhail made the effort to learn English but Dante didn't, so there's a point there I guess. Duncan is pretty much a rogue in terms of YT Japan, he gets a lot of flak for pointing out something that's perfectly true or stating his opinion. Dante is about as "Youtube Japan" as it gets, and Mikhail probably sees Duncan as rocking the boat too much.

All that said, it might be good to leave this incident for a while, at least until any substantial evidence surfaces.

Posted

I remember Duncan also saying recently that he kept his English up to speed with American films, and that was the only way he could practice his English before he met Mimei. I've seen Dante and Mikhail on his videos and Mikhail made the effort to learn English but Dante didn't, so there's a point there I guess. Duncan is pretty much a rogue in terms of YT Japan, he gets a lot of flak for pointing out something that's perfectly true or stating his opinion. Dante is about as "Youtube Japan" as it gets, and Mikhail probably sees Duncan as rocking the boat too much.

All that said, it might be good to leave this incident for a while, at least until any substantial evidence surfaces.

wish someone can read Mikhail's tweet about the unexpected guests though.. (google translate said that one of the visitors is their grandfather??)

Posted

What does "Youtube Japan" mean in terms of an adjective? I know there's one big company that "owns" most of the big Youtube Japan channels that Duncan regularly speaks out about, do you mean that? Not picking a fight!!! I'm just curious, I feel like I know what you're talking about?

Posted (edited)

What does "Youtube Japan" mean in terms of an adjective? I know there's one big company that "owns" most of the big Youtube Japan channels that Duncan regularly speaks out about, do you mean that? Not picking a fight!!! I'm just curious, I feel like I know what you're talking about?

From watching Duncan's videos, "Youtube Japan" is incredibly commercial, more so than the rest of YT; the main YTers get their break by doing product reviews and hamming up their reactions. UUUM is the agency that's signed many of the biggest YTers in Japan, and nearly all of them do heavy product placement (Kinoshita Yuka for example, the nature of her videos means that she always does products placements because she eats a ton of food and that has to come from a company somewhere). Duncan's brother Dante is basically like that, and there was one of Duncan's videos where he says their mum wanted Duncan to produce more "profitable" videos like Dante's, and Duncan added that he wasn't sorry that he hadn't spoken to her in a while.

Edited by redbowkiki