• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Mimei and Duncan (PDR-san)

2113 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

???

Screenshot_20190906-013501.png

If I had to take a guess, probably about Suga but Mimei loves vaguetweeting so here we are.

side note/random thought: has she ever actually acknowledged quitting YouTube? As a former fan, feels kind of weird that someone who claimed to love their audience so much and even rely on them for vet bills and whatnot wouldn't give a formal goodbye or anything. 

Edited by ripper-roo

Posted

This could be what she's talking about?

Posted

Is she even getting revenue from YouTube still? Or is she worried about her own songs? Also, I remember from watching her videos that she said her other job was modeling, is she still doing that oooor?

Posted

Is she even getting revenue from YouTube still? Or is she worried about her own songs? Also, I remember from watching her videos that she said her other job was modeling, is she still doing that oooor?

According to socialblade she still gets revenue but it's not that great. mimei.thumb.JPG.1fe3af4f3a84886a27fe0d5f That's her Mimeiland channel

mimimi.thumb.JPG.9a5a5cb984715288475b7c2 That's her Mimei channel.

Posted

Screen_Shot_2019-09-14_at_12.58.17.thumb

Well that's cringey.

Posted

Screen_Shot_2019-09-14_at_12.58.17.thumb

Well that's cringey.

that's gonna be a yikes from me dawg

Posted (edited)

she really cares way too much what online strangers think. girl if you put yourself out there and the stuff you do/like online, prepare to get judged for it.

Edited by Kiko

Posted (edited)

I actually think it’s a cute bio but I wish she had given her fans more of a goodbye YouTube video or at least a post. So I guess she’s done officially now? I’m sad.

For the last 3-4 years I’ve watched Mimei she’s been very vocal about how much she loves K-pop. We actually hear more about it than her love for Tokyo I feel like. Korea is definitely the new “Japan” right now in terms of coolness among people like Mimei-I wonder why she’s never gone to live, even for a short period of time like a month or 3. Maybe it’s not wanting to be alone/away from Duncan. Maybe it’s because it’s so hot-too much competition for videos? She doesn’t have to make them I guess, just nice photos would be cool to see.

She’s made 1 or 2 short videos there when she had a layover or was there for visa stuff but idk it’s kind of like okay, if you love it that much and it’s so close by, why not go experience it further? 

Edited by PastelPotions

Posted

I actually think it’s a cute bio but I wish she had given her fans more of a goodbye YouTube video or at least a post. So I guess she’s done officially now? I’m sad.

For the last 3-4 years I’ve watched Mimei she’s been very vocal about how much she loves K-pop. We actually hear more about it than her love for Tokyo I feel like. Korea is definitely the new “Japan” right now in terms of coolness among people like Mimei-I wonder why she’s never gone to live, even for a short period of time like a month or 3. Maybe it’s not wanting to be alone/away from Duncan. Maybe it’s because it’s so hot-too much competition for videos? She doesn’t have to make them I guess, just nice photos would be cool to see.

She’s made 1 or 2 short videos there when she had a layover or was there for visa stuff but idk it’s kind of like okay, if you love it that much and it’s so close by, why not go experience it further? 

I still don't think she means it. She's throwing shade at the people making fun of her for not making any videos anymore lol. Doesn't make it better in the slightest tho imo

Posted

I still don't think she means it. She's throwing shade at the people making fun of her for not making any videos anymore lol. Doesn't make it better in the slightest tho imo

Yeah, it's definitely shade. I am sick of these games. She tries to be witty and misses the mark. Just be honest with your fans. 

Posted

I really don't think that creators owe their audience an explanation for their personal lives, because honestly people are people and sometimes you just need a break from things at your own pace, whether temporarily or permanently.

But if she can throw shade then she can muster a few tweets explaining to her followers (and indeed, the people who funded her cats' vet fees so she can buy BTS tickets) why she's not making videos anymore.

If she just kept quiet about why she's not on YT anymore, I think most people would respect that and not push the subject. But she just had to be prissy about it.

Posted (edited)

I think over time they just proved that Kpop are much more important than their pets to them

Edited by Kween of Moderation

Posted

This video just showcases Duncan's spending/ hoarding issues. For all the crap I give Mimei about her K-pop obsession, Duncan's comic/ Dragon Ball obsession is just as bad (if not worse bc at least Mimei isn't a hoarder).

They both are so terrible with money. :alpacadone:

Posted

I'm glad Mimei got rid of the bangs, I think she looks so much better with out them. 

Posted

All that unnecessary plastic crap and magazines makes me feel uneasy.