• Announcements

• Official PULL Discord! (Updated)   01/14/19

Hi Everyone!  We've opened up an official discord. In order to join, you need to have posted at least 20 comments on PULL! This is to make sure we don't let in any flakes with ulterior motives. After joining, you will receive a DM with instructions on how to get verified! Also, your registration date needs to be earlier than December 2018 so that we don't get a ton of people signing up only to join the Discord but without actually contributing to PULL. Drop by and chat here: https://discord.gg/KDF2kt5 Also, we need to upgrade our server in the very near future. PULL grows bigger by the day (yay!) but  to handle the load, we need upgrades. For less than the cost of what you spend on Netflix, we can continue to host your content. Whether it's $1 or $5 a month, all gifts are appreciated. Please consider giving here: https://www.patreon.com/PULL We've also added a gofundme link: https://www.gofundme.com/PULLnet Thank you for your continued love and support!

Mimei and Duncan (PDR-san)

1916 posts in this topic

Posted

Especially when they complain about lack of funs - I guess that's more Mimei than Duncan though so I'm glad she didn't get one.

Surprised she didn't a Starbucks one this year though

they got what? 

Posted (edited)

Am I the only one who thought she looked better as John? Her hair didn't wash her out as much, the neutral makeup suited her, and honestly the wig was styled better than her actual hair. 

Edited by Jaken

Posted

they got what? 

A Village Vanguard fukubukuro. There was drama one year (2016/7?) because she opened one and criticised it and people were calling her ungrateful or whatever (I remember the items were pretty meh tbh, so her reaction was warranted).

Then she got another VV fukubukuro the year after that to make a video from it.

Posted (edited)

Overall, people who buy kittens from pet stores REALLY p***es me off, but the third kitten is another layer of problematic (& irresponsible!)

I volunteer in several shelters in Japan and we are all overflowing with cats, and kittens. There are so many kittens, a lot of "health services" kill them straight away without giving them a chance to be rescued by shelters. Adopting a kitten not only gives it a more comfortable life & more attention, it also saves another life as it opens up a seat in the shelter.

(to the person who said cats from shelters come sick: I am sure shady shelters do exist, but from someone who's been an insider for a decade, absolutely all shelters I know give all the cats/dogs that come in a very detailed health check, and are closely monitored. As soon as something is suspected, they are taken to the vet (it actually lowers medical bills to have them treated before there's anything serious, and they are all have on pet health insurance)

and are very vocal about every single health issues every dog/cat has, and will check again and again if you are willing to deal with it, as they would, more then anything, avoid have you abandon it again. 
On the other hand, pet stores are for profit first, so they do quite the opposite)

Edited by Ambie
was typing when it got sent

Posted

Overall, people who buy kittens from pet stores REALLY p***es me off, but the third kitten is another layer of problematic (& irresponsible!)

I volunteer in several shelters in Japan and we are all overflowing with cats, and kittens. There are so many kittens, a lot of "health services" kill them straight away without giving them a chance to be rescued by shelters. Adopting a kitten not only gives it a more comfortable life & more attention, it also saves another life as it opens up a seat in the shelter.

(to the person who said cats from shelters come sick: I am sure shady shelters do exist, but from someone who's been an insider for a decade, absolutely all shelters I know give all the cats/dogs that come in a very detailed health check, and are closely monitored. As soon as something is suspected, they are taken to the vet (it actually lowers medical bills to have them treated before there's anything serious, and they are all have on pet health insurance)

and are very vocal about every single health issues every dog/cat has, and will check again and again if you are willing to deal with it, as they would, more then anything, have you abandon it again. 
On the other hand, pet stores are for profit first, so they do quite the opposite)

Interesting!! Do you also have information about adopting dogs? If yes, you could also head over to the jvlogger general thread and share your information there! (in case you haven't already) We just recently discussed this topic there because a jvlogger bought a petstore puppy, but most of us weren't certain about the situation in Japan and how to adopt dogs etc.

Posted

Interesting!! Do you also have information about adopting dogs? If yes, you could also head over to the jvlogger general thread and share your information there! (in case you haven't already) We just recently discussed this topic there because a jvlogger bought a petstore puppy, but most of us weren't certain about the situation in Japan and how to adopt dogs etc.

sure! my own dog is adopted, I got him when he was an adult (they are less popular then puppies) but it is amazing because he arrived fully trained! if people have specific questions because they are interested in volunteering/adopting dogs, cats, or else, feel free to message me! other people have done in here

(also, if they never explain/mention where their cats came from, it is very likely because it is not mentionable. )

Posted (edited)

A Village Vanguard fukubukuro. There was drama one year (2016/7?) because she opened one and criticised it and people were calling her ungrateful or whatever (I remember the items were pretty meh tbh, so her reaction was warranted).

Then she got another VV fukubukuro the year after that to make a video from it.

Aren't the VV fukubukuro the ones that they always hate on cuz they are crappy and their merch is never good? Why do they keep buying them? :|

Edited by heckin_bork
Spelling

Posted (edited)

sure! my own dog is adopted, I got him when he was an adult (they are less popular then puppies) but it is amazing because he arrived fully trained! if people have specific questions because they are interested in volunteering/adopting dogs, cats, or else, feel free to message me! other people have done in here

(also, if they never explain/mention where their cats came from, it is very likely because it is not mentionable. )

they actually did talk about that; Latte they got about 7 years ago and they adopted her, Cinnamon they got from a pet store, cause I remember them jokingly saying they didn't have enough money to throw a wedding party as they spent so much on Cinnamon; and I can only assume they also got Suga from a pet store cause I don't remember them saying anything in particular about how they got him :)

P.S. I did not read carefully enough initially and so I just realised that by " if they never mention where their cats come from" you actually meant the shelter and not Mimei and Duncan.....I feel genuinely stupid :D

Edited by ErisRiddle

Posted

Aren't the VV fukubukuro the ones that they always hate on cuz they are crappy and their merch is never good? Why do they keep buying them? :|

Yea it was pretty poor the first year Mimei got one.

They kept getting them because I guess it's an easy video idea. Buy 1 fukubukuro you're almost guaranteed to dislike, complain about it, post video. :alpacabored:

Posted

Did you see the clickbait title that Dante made recently?

I'm just waiting for Duncan to make some sort of response

(Making up with my brother)

Posted

Did you see the clickbait title that Dante made recently?

I'm just waiting for Duncan to make some sort of response

(Making up with my brother)

I know very little about Dante...what’s up with the blinking?