• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

Mimei and Duncan (PDR-san)

1953 posts in this topic

Posted

Especially when they complain about lack of funs - I guess that's more Mimei than Duncan though so I'm glad she didn't get one.

Surprised she didn't a Starbucks one this year though

they got what? 

Posted (edited)

Am I the only one who thought she looked better as John? Her hair didn't wash her out as much, the neutral makeup suited her, and honestly the wig was styled better than her actual hair. 

Edited by Jaken

Posted

they got what? 

A Village Vanguard fukubukuro. There was drama one year (2016/7?) because she opened one and criticised it and people were calling her ungrateful or whatever (I remember the items were pretty meh tbh, so her reaction was warranted).

Then she got another VV fukubukuro the year after that to make a video from it.

Posted (edited)

Overall, people who buy kittens from pet stores REALLY p***es me off, but the third kitten is another layer of problematic (& irresponsible!)

I volunteer in several shelters in Japan and we are all overflowing with cats, and kittens. There are so many kittens, a lot of "health services" kill them straight away without giving them a chance to be rescued by shelters. Adopting a kitten not only gives it a more comfortable life & more attention, it also saves another life as it opens up a seat in the shelter.

(to the person who said cats from shelters come sick: I am sure shady shelters do exist, but from someone who's been an insider for a decade, absolutely all shelters I know give all the cats/dogs that come in a very detailed health check, and are closely monitored. As soon as something is suspected, they are taken to the vet (it actually lowers medical bills to have them treated before there's anything serious, and they are all have on pet health insurance)

and are very vocal about every single health issues every dog/cat has, and will check again and again if you are willing to deal with it, as they would, more then anything, avoid have you abandon it again. 
On the other hand, pet stores are for profit first, so they do quite the opposite)

Edited by Ambie
was typing when it got sent

Posted

Overall, people who buy kittens from pet stores REALLY p***es me off, but the third kitten is another layer of problematic (& irresponsible!)

I volunteer in several shelters in Japan and we are all overflowing with cats, and kittens. There are so many kittens, a lot of "health services" kill them straight away without giving them a chance to be rescued by shelters. Adopting a kitten not only gives it a more comfortable life & more attention, it also saves another life as it opens up a seat in the shelter.

(to the person who said cats from shelters come sick: I am sure shady shelters do exist, but from someone who's been an insider for a decade, absolutely all shelters I know give all the cats/dogs that come in a very detailed health check, and are closely monitored. As soon as something is suspected, they are taken to the vet (it actually lowers medical bills to have them treated before there's anything serious, and they are all have on pet health insurance)

and are very vocal about every single health issues every dog/cat has, and will check again and again if you are willing to deal with it, as they would, more then anything, have you abandon it again. 
On the other hand, pet stores are for profit first, so they do quite the opposite)

Interesting!! Do you also have information about adopting dogs? If yes, you could also head over to the jvlogger general thread and share your information there! (in case you haven't already) We just recently discussed this topic there because a jvlogger bought a petstore puppy, but most of us weren't certain about the situation in Japan and how to adopt dogs etc.

Posted

Interesting!! Do you also have information about adopting dogs? If yes, you could also head over to the jvlogger general thread and share your information there! (in case you haven't already) We just recently discussed this topic there because a jvlogger bought a petstore puppy, but most of us weren't certain about the situation in Japan and how to adopt dogs etc.

sure! my own dog is adopted, I got him when he was an adult (they are less popular then puppies) but it is amazing because he arrived fully trained! if people have specific questions because they are interested in volunteering/adopting dogs, cats, or else, feel free to message me! other people have done in here

(also, if they never explain/mention where their cats came from, it is very likely because it is not mentionable. )

Posted (edited)

A Village Vanguard fukubukuro. There was drama one year (2016/7?) because she opened one and criticised it and people were calling her ungrateful or whatever (I remember the items were pretty meh tbh, so her reaction was warranted).

Then she got another VV fukubukuro the year after that to make a video from it.

Aren't the VV fukubukuro the ones that they always hate on cuz they are crappy and their merch is never good? Why do they keep buying them? :|

Edited by heckin_bork
Spelling

Posted (edited)

sure! my own dog is adopted, I got him when he was an adult (they are less popular then puppies) but it is amazing because he arrived fully trained! if people have specific questions because they are interested in volunteering/adopting dogs, cats, or else, feel free to message me! other people have done in here

(also, if they never explain/mention where their cats came from, it is very likely because it is not mentionable. )

they actually did talk about that; Latte they got about 7 years ago and they adopted her, Cinnamon they got from a pet store, cause I remember them jokingly saying they didn't have enough money to throw a wedding party as they spent so much on Cinnamon; and I can only assume they also got Suga from a pet store cause I don't remember them saying anything in particular about how they got him :)

P.S. I did not read carefully enough initially and so I just realised that by " if they never mention where their cats come from" you actually meant the shelter and not Mimei and Duncan.....I feel genuinely stupid :D

Edited by ErisRiddle

Posted

Aren't the VV fukubukuro the ones that they always hate on cuz they are crappy and their merch is never good? Why do they keep buying them? :|

Yea it was pretty poor the first year Mimei got one.

They kept getting them because I guess it's an easy video idea. Buy 1 fukubukuro you're almost guaranteed to dislike, complain about it, post video. :alpacabored:

Posted

Did you see the clickbait title that Dante made recently?

I'm just waiting for Duncan to make some sort of response

(Making up with my brother)

Posted

Did you see the clickbait title that Dante made recently?

I'm just waiting for Duncan to make some sort of response

(Making up with my brother)

I know very little about Dante...what’s up with the blinking?

Posted

Every time they post a video from their mom's house/apartment all I can focus on is how trashed it is; holes all over the walls, stickers and writing on the walls/furniture, plus all of their old videos from when they lived at home where they're throwing each other around, throwing food, spiting shit on the floor. Their mom must have let them run wild, or she couldn't control them and gave up, guess it worked out since Duncan and Dante got YouTube careers out of it.

Posted

Little late to this one but it seems most of Dante’s viewers were kind of disappointed that the video made it seem like it was directed towards Duncan but really wasn’t for example the picture below says pretty much this viewer likes all the brothers and despite past issues they would like the brothers all to start talking again and for them to get along. Many comments were also about how this video was an obvious jab at Duncan for the reason that In the beginning Dante said he hadn’t spoken to his brother in 5 years which we know he has been talking to mikheil this was just a cheap shot at Duncan. 

4DE6BBD7-56F3-4794-A10B-43793A9F35D6.png

Posted

Posted (edited)

I really hate how he basically uses YouTube to complain about everything, paint himself a victim and generally thrives to be negative. It's only ever "look what happened to me again! The world is so unfair and I am always in the right!" It's annoying. Yeah, if that happened to you, I guess that isn't cool. But stop trying to milk this shit. We don't care (anymore). It just seems pathetic at this point. I just wanna watch positive people.

I honestly feel like that's the reason they don't seem to surround themselves with anyone anymore. They don't seem to have a lot of friends, especially in the jvlogger community. Because everyone grew tired of their bullshit 🤷

Edited by Minzgruen