• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Mimei and Duncan (PDR-san)

2135 posts in this topic

Posted

Duncan & PDS are related, and are both half. Their father was from the UK and their mother is Japanese. From what I remember; they we're living together in the UK until Duncan was about 6, and PDS was 2 or 3. Duncan said that PDS wasn't really good at English from the very start, and wasn't immersed into the language like Duncan (who went to school for awhile in the UK.) I can't remember if the accident happened before or after they moved back to Japan, but their father was hit by a train and died. 

I don't think that his dad actually died or was hit by a train (correct me if I'm wrong) but that came from PDR's draw my life video which wasn't based on fact--I think it was mostly a jab at youtubers who make their lives seem super tragic in draw my life videos. IIRC PDS took a break from Youtube a year or two ago to go to the UK to be with his dad and learn English. I don't follow him so I don't know what exactly happened with that, but Duncan has said that Dante is the favorite child because his channel is more popular. 

Posted (edited)

I don't think that his dad actually died or was hit by a train (correct me if I'm wrong) but that came from PDR's draw my life video which wasn't based on fact--I think it was mostly a jab at youtubers who make their lives seem super tragic in draw my life videos. IIRC PDS took a break from Youtube a year or two ago to go to the UK to be with his dad and learn English. I don't follow him so I don't know what exactly happened with that, but Duncan has said that Dante is the favorite child because his channel is more popular. 

Yeah. Duncan used to make morbid jokes about his dad and that was one of them, he also joked that his dad ran off with another woman as a child, etc. Idk about PDS staying with his father but he did stay with British relatives in the UK ((he hated it apparently)) but he is indeed heavily favored by.their mother which Duncan resented. As for the stalking it was supposedly PDS, Mickael (the oldest brother), and some older male relative (uncle or something) that showed up uninvited, while Duncan wasn't home but Mimei was, and tried to get inside the apartment. ((It's probably awful of me but some part of me doubts it was as intense as Mimei makes it out to be)) It seems like Mimei's appearance was around when they started falling out but Duncan made a point that his mother criticized his career and compared it to PDS's. 

Edited by Basicbitch

Posted

Mimei + acting the victim, name another more iconic duo.... :doge: for real tho, how does she think social media works? If you're constantly whinging about bein poor then go spend a shitload of money on 'treat yo self' shit like concerts...on a social platform that anyone can publicly see, you really dont think people are gonna question your shit? There's nothing wrong with buying yourself stuff, there's nothing wrong with whinging about being broke but if you put the two hand in hand so soon together, there's gonna be a lot of people wondering well whats the truth? 

If she went to 3 separate concerts in 3 different cities thats at least over $600 with tickets, travel and things like food and such and im estimating being so skimpy you stay on friends couches (which is what I had to do when I went to see bands as I didnt live in a capital city) so no Mimei if you have that lying around you should be able to pay your own damn vet bills and buy goddamn contacts (also i aint gonna go into it but if you cant afford your pet if its sick, dont have a pet because its a reality of life), if you put yourself in a pinch financially for superficial things you're a shitty adult. sorry not sorry. 

Posted

I kind of have a feeling they are overreacting about their lack of money and that they are actually doing fine financial wise. but do not want to spend their earned money on ´´non fun related stuff´´ 

I think this is mostly the case, why spend your own money on important things when they can beg other people to pay their important bills.

Posted

Yeah. Duncan used to make morbid jokes about his dad and that was one of them, he also joked that his dad ran off with another woman as a child, etc. Idk about PDS staying with his father but he did stay with British relatives in the UK ((he hated it apparently)) but he is indeed heavily favored by.their mother which Duncan resented. As for the stalking it was supposedly PDS, Mickael (the oldest brother), and some older male relative (uncle or something) that showed up uninvited, while Duncan wasn't home but Mimei was, and tried to get inside the apartment. ((It's probably awful of me but some part of me doubts it was as intense as Mimei makes it out to be)) It seems like Mimei's appearance was around when they started falling out but Duncan made a point that his mother criticized his career and compared it to PDS's. 

Yeah I knew when he said that, it was a jab. Figured it was cause the dad left? Does anyone know if that’s the case? Are his parents together or no? It seems like the dad ran off.

Also, if PDS is half Japanese too, he is the most Japanese looking half I’ve ever seen. I’m pretty sure they’re half siblings and he just shares a mom with Duncan-which is why he can’t soeak English? Maybe he is just hella Japanese looking...

HOLD UP. The story of Mimei being in their old apartment when “two men” tried to get in to rob them was Duncan’s family? Not that that isn’t scary, and not being snarky, but can we get a source? She talked about that forever and how she was so traumatized from holding the door while two random scary men tried to come in...

Posted (edited)

Few things I remember about their family:

Mikhail is the youngest (I got the order wrong!)

Duncan's dad is no longer in the picture. Why, we don't know.

Dante and Mikhail are both half (I'm pretty sure about Dante but not 100% about Mikhail), and from growing up in HK I've seen classmates who are Eurasian mix look way more one race than the other. It's most obvious in siblings - their appearance varies a lot (I had a classmate who was English/ Chinese, she looked mixed, her younger sister looked way more European, and her youngest brother looked almost 100% Asian). Duncan looks typical half, Dante more Japanese than English, and Mikhail... idk lol. OT but just look at Joey/ AnimeMan. His features are pretty non-descript and I doubt I'd be able to tell his ethnicity if he didn't explicitly say (not like he doesn't mention he's Japanese every day of his life).

As for 'the incident', Mimei vague posted on twitter about it back at the time. As far as I know it was some of Duncan's family (members unnamed but theorised to be his brother(s)/ uncle) went to their flat, tried to enter and only Mimei was there. She locked the door and was in panic mode. Details are scarce about the story but that's the gist of it.

Edited by redbowkiki

Posted

Okay so I can't remember where I heard this but I think PDR's & PDS's dad is somewhere in Scandinavia? I guess he left the family shortly after moving to Japan.

Mikhail is actually the middle child and both PDS & PDR seem to have always had a strained relationship with him. They sometimes tweeted about his TV appearances (He's a comedian) and would add that their mother forced them to. Mikhail has also a really long history of trying to use his brothers for more views. (Whenever he's in a YouTube video it has their names in the tags...)

Now Duncan has pretty often made snarky comments about his relationship with his mother. IRC he was once kick out by her (It was in a video where he was watching his own old videos)

There actually was this super detailed Japanese video (with english subs) on YouTube about PDS & PDR's relationship but I can't find it...

But basically PDS had a domestic violence scandal and I think Duncan commented about it and this resulted in them never speaking again.

http://超人気ユーチューバー.com/pds-dv-229

(about the domestic violence, it's in Japanese but has pictures so TW: assault)

(This is the video, in which he commented about it I think?)

Posted

It almost sounds like triangulation with Duncan's mom. His brother was the "golden child who could do no wrong" and he was the "scapegoat who could do no right". Unfortunately, in that situation the only thing you can do is get away from the family. They'll always team up and you're always wrong. 

Posted

If I can recall correctly mikhail was also involved in the apartment issue because duncan said there were three people including his brothers and the other family member because even after that instance mikhail won’t talk to duncan as well in a different video anyways (the only one duncan did with mikhail) mikhail said he preferred Dante over duncan for the reason that Dante is an idiot and is easier to use (his words not mine) duncan also kind of said that mikhail also uses Dante and Duncan’s names to get women as well which mikhail admitted to but said women are idiots so if they react when he says their names than he’s “no longer interested” (bs 😒)

Posted (edited)

How many times does this stupid rumour needs to be debunked?

Yes, PDS and PDR are brothers. They share the same mom and dad.

I don't know why their dad no longer lives with them, assumingly he never moved back with them to Japan in the first place. He probably lived in the UK, but when Dante stayed there he stayed with some other relatives.

Their dad lives in Denmark, as Dante states in this video:

At the time Duncan made up the rumour about his dad he also made up the rumour about him being scouted for a Johny's gaijin duo (also not true), and that one of the bosses there tried to force him to do some sort of sexual act (...also a lie). Dante, however, was part of some sort of Johnny's JR group, or at least auditioned to one and got some TV spotlight. I can't remember 100%. 

Edited by hitonomewakowai

Posted

Is anyone kind enough to briefly tell me what's wrong with her cats? everyone says she should pay the vet bills [i agree with that], but why does she have so many vet bills? I don't really follow her - i tried, ok? i tried [=i watched maybe 5 videos? less than 10 in any case]. Her voice sounds whiny and got on my nerves. i liked the videos in which she went out and did stuff. 

Posted (edited)

Is anyone kind enough to briefly tell me what's wrong with her cats? everyone says she should pay the vet bills [i agree with that], but why does she have so many vet bills? I don't really follow her - i tried, ok? i tried [=i watched maybe 5 videos? less than 10 in any case]. Her voice sounds whiny and got on my nerves. i liked the videos in which she went out and did stuff. 

what happened was cinnamon second cat got sick briefly after suga’s adoption which is fairly common because shelter and pet store animals often bring in illnesses from being cramped in all day with other animals in said shelter/pet store. Apparently whatever cinnamon got became fairly serious and he was at the vet for awhile mimei claimed she didn’t have enough money to pay cinnamons bills so she asked fans to make FREE art for her that she could sell as merch and the promise was the money would solely go towards cinnamons bills 

Edited by Dahlia*

Posted

what happened was cinnamon second cat got sick briefly after suga’s adoption which is fairly common because shelter and pet store animals often bring in illnesses from being cramped in all day with other animals in said shelter/pet store. Apparently whatever cinnamon got became fairly serious and he was at the vet for awhile mimei claimed she didn’t have enough money to pay cinnamons bills so she asked fans to make FREE art for her that she could sell as merch and the promise was the money would solely go towards cinnamons bills 

AAAh, i see. thank you so much. Poor kitties, though. i hope they're both ok now. 

That was shady on Mimei's part, imho. surely she could have sold something else instead.... but what's done is done. no wonder peoplego at her on the subject though. :/ 

Posted

Duncan's relationship with his family is a long convoluted story but what I remember from old videos he used to do with Dante and bits and pieces I learned over the years from his various videos:

Even when they lived in England they would go visit and stay in Japan for the summer or for quite a while every year. Duncan wrote essays as a kid in England about their trips to Japan, Tokyo Disney etc.  

Mikhail is lazy about his English but he can understand and speak it more than Dante. He was always the jerk brother who the other two didn't really like as much. I think Duncan and Dante thought he was harsh, unfunny and manipulative.

Duncan and Dante seemed to be the close pair for a long time. Duncan started a channel first and Dante being the kid brother copied him. Duncan used to do a ton of stuff on Dante's channel and they really seemed to enjoy each other, play a lot of dumb practical jokes do skits and have a lot of laughs.

At some point Dante got very popular in Japan on his channel, much more so than Duncan. Dante was the baby and the Mom's favorite always and this just exacerbated this. There was definitely resentment from Duncan about this as he really started the whole YouTube thing in the family and helped Dante a lot.

In one of Duncan's first videos he said all he wanted to do was make his mother proud of him for something. He was always the black sheep and people speculated it's because he was the most like the father, the most English etc. His mother kicked him out of the house not long after his first video I think maybe for flunking out of class?

Duncan and Dante always played practical jokes and made fun of one another but the Mom always took Dante's side and made things a bigger deal. She would accuse Duncan of making fun of Dante and trying to humiliate him and to be fair they did make some videos poking fun at Dante's ability to speak English. When Mimei came into the picture things really seemed to become worse as the ugh they were both making fun of Dante. 

I think Mimei was a tipping point in many ways because Duncan finally had someone on "his side" who spoke English with him and provided that support to break things off from his family, whether that was right or wrong. I can't speak to the family dynamic but Mimei seems like she isn't at all sad that Duncan is 100% "hers" and is estranged from his family. She posted all that stuff online about a "house invasion" without mentioning it was Duncan's uncle and brothers trying to get him to speak with them. It only came out when Mikhail posted online in response to Mimei talking about it saying she was being over dramatic and exaggerating.

Posted

Not much to add to the story, but I remember that they mentioned that at least Duncan's family was heavily against Mimei and so they registered their marriage without anyone knowing. Or maybe Duncan's family was against the marriage afterwards, I don't remember it properly. Either way this video is amusing because they mention that they can't have a proper wedding nor wedding party because they spent all their money on buying Cinnamon back then... (I do like the video ngl)