Mimei and Duncan (PDR-san)

1735 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

genesis one website is actually http://genesisone-net.com/

I'm not happy since I've always thought of uuum as like a sort of cult that churns out mediocre content but I guess it's a good thing for everyone?

I don't really understand the deal with Japanese youtubers and their agencies anyway (like you absolutely have to be in an agency?).

You're right. But I swear it was the previous URL. I even remember a .jp/mahoto page :alpacadone: Maybe they changed websites? Or I'm bad at gathering info. 

EDIT: I was right, if you Google "Genesis One Mahoto" this is the first result: http://genesisone.jp/artists/mahoto

I agree, UUUM is very corporate, and I liked a lot of these YTers because they seemed against the idea of quantity over quality. Now, I don't know what to think of them.

From what I know, it's not mandatory but it's super difficult to get an audience without an agency backing you. Your videos aren't recommended as much and there's so much competition with UUUM that almost no-one will see you. It's also a money thing. YouTube is a career, and without an agency you rely on AdSense, which is very unreliable and not guaranteed. Videos are always getting demonitised, so even if there are ads on a video, the poster won't get the money. 

I am curious what exactly happened there though. And Mahoto is still listed on the GO homepage...?

I saw this too, maybe they're still updating. In the news section they're talking about merchandise. It looks like they're still deciding what to do with the all the merch (albums, clothes, etc) from all the artists. 

Edited by Undercut
more info

Posted

So Mimei is going to the BTS concert today AND tomorrow. Will we all survive the fangirling? 

Posted (edited)

Did she say anything about the BTS shirt incident making huge waves worldwide? And that their Music Station appearance was cancelled?

I'm luckily not following her kpop account, so I basically never see her anymore on Twitter, but I'm curious what her view is on the whole thing, given she's a public person more or less and tbh she behaved just like any other ARMY out ther recently.

Edit: Her seat for today's concert is pretty bad btw. Do BTS only have the main stage and middle stage? Assuming they do have the B-stage too? Either way that seat is bad unless she brought binoculars, I'm really confused about that stage setup tbh. Doesn't look like it's gonna reach many people... (I love Tokyo Dome because there are so many possibilities to get around the whole dome for artists, but I guess they're not using any of those options to reach people outside of the arena)

Edited by Qualle

Posted

She did talk about it very carefully. 

PT 1.JPG

PT 2.JPG

Not sure why I follow her kpop account, I must like to punish myself lol! She just got out of the concert so she is spamming tweets like crazy. 

Posted

So she never wanted BTS to apologize for all that stuff they already have on their list of "never apologized for"? Because she also sounds like any other ARMY, "Remember them for their good things, not their wrongdoings". Well, they never fucking apologized.

Posted

God. Reading these messages just screams delusional fangirl. I can't stand how the hardcore ones try to diffuse any criticism and every problematic thing their fav does, and then say: Can't we just all be happy? I wish your peace~

She is just making excuses without admitting anything. Kinda like her favs themselves.

Posted

God. Reading these messages just screams delusional fangirl. I can't stand how the hardcore ones try to diffuse any criticism and every problematic thing their fav does, and then say: Can't we just all be happy? I wish your peace~

She is just making excuses without admitting anything. Kinda like her favs themselves.

I don't get that, honestly. I've been following the guys I like in Japan for years now as well and while I can be quite the idiot about fangirling and really get into it at times, I still see their flaws and mistakes? Bit OT:

Just an example, but years ago one of them hit a girl in the face. Obviously that was bad, she looked pretty awful and I think none of the fans went all nuts and tried to apologize that? Now the other side of that was, that girl was a yarakashi/stalker and guy panicked and tried to push her away. Fans still said it was wrong to push her that hard, even though the situation was understandable and girl got called out heavily.

Why can't those ARMY's demand an apology? Why do not expect an apology? Do you really want to support someone who treats the atomic bomb and the Holocaust like an accesory/backdrop? Why do they immediately jump in to defend them instead of wanting an apology? Especially from someone who grew up in a country with a Western culture and now is living in Japan and should know about how horrible all of that was.

I suppose they didn't apologize at the concert either? Kinda sad to see how those ARMYs seem to rather apologize such behavior, doesn't sound much like "loving themselves".

Posted

Bighit issued an apology today. Not sure how accurate the translations are because I've seen a few and they were different but it seems they will be reaching out to Japanese and Korean Associations for Bomb Victims to explain and apologize for the hurt caused by these issues. Its a lot longer than that, but that is the action they are taking. 

Posted

Bighit issued an apology today. Not sure how accurate the translations are because I've seen a few and they were different but it seems they will be reaching out to Japanese and Korean Associations for Bomb Victims to explain and apologize for the hurt caused by these issues. Its a lot longer than that, but that is the action they are taking. 

Not taking it, honestly. If the members themselves don't apologize, I don't care. As someone said on Omona, BH is only taking the blame away from BTS. The agency can apologize all they want, but that's not gonna tell me if the actually person who did something wrong understands what they did and if they feel sorry too.

Aside from that, Mimei retweeted some of the statements and translations, but her only comment was this:

Bildschirmfoto_2018-11-13_um_19.00.51.th

I do understand that she has other things on mind after the concert, but... I would feel so weird if the members didn't apologize to their Japanese audience? Maybe I'm just too... strict about that? I'm sorry, but if my Japanese group shows up in nazi uniforms and don't bother apologizing after a worldwide backlash, I - as a German - would feel highly offended and not just happily attend their concert, ignoring any problematic behaviour.

Posted

Not taking it, honestly. If the members themselves don't apologize, I don't care. As someone said on Omona, BH is only taking the blame away from BTS. The agency can apologize all they want, but that's not gonna tell me if the actually person who did something wrong understands what they did and if they feel sorry too.

Aside from that, Mimei retweeted some of the statements and translations, but her only comment was this:

Bildschirmfoto_2018-11-13_um_19.00.51.th

I do understand that she has other things on mind after the concert, but... I would feel so weird if the members didn't apologize to their Japanese audience? Maybe I'm just too... strict about that? I'm sorry, but if my Japanese group shows up in nazi uniforms and don't bother apologizing after a worldwide backlash, I - as a German - would feel highly offended and not just happily attend their concert, ignoring any problematic behaviour.

Maybe this is just an outsider's opinion, but I think it's a bit.....gross? harsh? idk to like DEMAND an apology from a kpop idol who more than likely had very little say in what he wore and was likely focused on promotions/songs rather than clothes. correct me if im wrong, but i believe most kpop idols dont choose the clothes they wear save for some who are known "fashionistas" like g dragon and jennie. plus kpop idols are infamously overworked and have very little control in their own lives. 

i do think he should apologize--whenever hurt that deep was caused, even if unintentional, i think it's the right thing to do. but to demand an apology from a kpop slave over something they likely were put into rather than chose themselves? idk it strikes me as....off. 

also comparing japanese artists wearing full on nazi uniforms on stage to jimin wearing a shirt with an artsy print on the back and a small image of the a-bomb is just kind of an off comparison to me--the former, you would HAVE to know how blatant a choice that is, the latter in a moment of inattention can be mistaken for fashion before you realize "oh shit thats the a-bomb clearly should NOT wear this". idk ive seen "fashion" items, especially in korea, that use a lot of english that when im not paying attention is whatever and then when i do its like a five year old wearing a shirt that says "FCUK ME" written in small print on the back and its like jesussssssssss

(but tbh the tshirt designers reaction was a bit.........like, cmon dude. dont put that picture on there. celebrate liberation fine but do it some other way. how could you not know this would lead to people assuming it was from anti-japanese sentiment)

also a bit OT but i was interested in getting this game that had designs around japanese mythology but used the rising sun flag and i hadnt noticed/didnt fully recognize how inflammatory it can be (what can i say the actual game distracted me?). but my husband, who is korean, basically explained how that flag is like a wound to some people who had to live through japanese occupation etc so i should be more aware. this is just to say, mistakes can happen. 

but i also think the company apologizing and offering to reach out and work with both korean and japanese groups is a good first step. i mean, this JUST happened right? there's still time for the group or jimin in particular to apologize publicly, but it seems like a bit of a whirlwind. at least the company is stepping in the right direction, and theres still time to see what happens without condemning the idols to burn.

idk im just not a fan of you fuck up/make a mistake and not apologizing five seconds after = youre a monster and what youve done is unforgivable. tbh i hope this can be a learning experience for them as well, where they learn to be a bit more sensitive to the effect what theyre wearing can have--theyre now international superstars so the spotlight is hotter and it means they have to be more careful. i just think its unreasonable to think that people cant make mistakes EVER--no one should be held to that high of a standard. make a mistake, learn from it, rather than double-down and play a victim card (which has definitely happened elsewhere). but again, i also highly fault the designer and the manager/stylist for putting him in that since i (speculatively) believe they would have more of a say in what he wears. we'll have to wait and see but i do hope he expressly apologizes for it because (1) an apology is not hard and (2) it would make a big impact on a lot of people.