• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

260 posts in this topic

Posted

Alright. i just made this account so i could share my feelings and experiences. to start this off, im just gonna say that i fucking hate this 'ally, back together' bs. I've been diagnosed with D.I.D by two professionals (wow that makes me sound so fucking edgy. wow, 2!!!) and everything that girl says is fucking utter bullshit. living with DID is awful. fucking terrible. its not this fun joyride where you can just take a seat and let other people control your body. its called splitting and fronting. splitting gives me (and most other people) awful migraines. its like someone slamming your head against a wall for two hours straight. and fronting isnt fun either. although it doesnt hurt (for me, anyways,) it just makes me feel very uncomfortable, like when you have the flu and you dont want anything to touch you. splitting or 'switching' alters isnt something you can control. it happens when something induces your trauma. oh and all her bs about being traumatized and getting DID from her dumb mom, that horse crap. you have to go through a lot fucking worse to end up with it. i do remember some things that my buds do, and i can speak to them occasionally (its mainly just alex, my best bud) but i cant speak to all of them. and its not like i fucking talk out loud either, thats retarded. remembering stuff that happens after ive split (when im not fronting) is kind of foggy, but i remember bits and pieces. she claims that she has DID and that shes a system of 40+, which is hard to believe. you cant just up and count all your alters.

oh, and just if you were wondering, by 'buds' i mean my alters. it sounds retarded if you go around saying "yeah my alter did this last night". sometimes alex does shit i wanna talk about, so i just call him my bud or buddy. and by best bud i mean hes the one who surfaces the most/ is the closest with me.

That sounds really intense and makes me a buit more annoyed at how Ally treats this like it's some special condition. Though, I admit, it's nice to hear someone talk about this.

Hearing this reminds me of what my partner says when I sorta "daze out" and as he said "It's like another you pops up and it feels like talking to someone else" and that only happens when under great emotional turmoil or something pushes me too far. Sorry if this is off-topic and personal but I just wanted to mention that I dunno, want to figure out my own issues but have a lot of issues doing so...

Posted

That sounds really intense and makes me a buit more annoyed at how Ally treats this like it's some special condition. Though, I admit, it's nice to hear someone talk about this.

Hidden Content

honestly, a lot of people show minor signs of DID. at some point, we need to realize that the human brain isnt just made up of one person or personality. we all have different 'sides' to us that may come out when we are under stress or things like that. and for that reason, it makes me even angrier that 'ally, back together' is getting away with this. yes, she is probably stressed and angry because of things that have gone on in her life, and that could very well contribute to her saying 'oh yeah i have alters' but i think shes just an angsty teen-wannabe. and honestly, the things she shows in her videos (i.e her talking to something that isnt there, 'feeling' things, etc.), if they arent fake, are legit signs of schizophrenia. i think shes just a mentally ill girl who wants attention. this being said, she's still very much in the wrong, she's a piece of shit that romanticizes mental illness and she needs her accounts taken down.

a lot of people daze out and 'change' when they come out of it, its completely normal ! especially under great stress or emotional turmoil. all of our brains are equipped with this 'protector'. when we're feeling down or a lot is going on, it kicks in and helps us get through it.

honestly, a lot of people show minor signs of DID. at some point, we need to realize that the human brain isnt just made up of one person or personality. we all have different 'sides' to us that may come out when we are under stress or things like that. and for that reason, it makes me even angrier that 'ally, back together' is getting away with this. yes, she is probably stressed and angry because of things that have gone on in her life, and that could very well contribute to her saying 'oh yeah i have alters' but i think shes just an angsty teen-wannabe. and honestly, the things she shows in her videos (i.e her talking to something that isnt there, 'feeling' things, etc.), if they arent fake, are legit signs of schizophrenia. i think shes just a mentally ill girl who wants attention. this being said, she's still very much in the wrong, she's a piece of shit that romanticizes mental illness and she needs her accounts taken down.

Hidden Content

to add onto this, shes just like the other youtubers who claim to have DID, like autumn asphodel, multiplicityandme, discordmia, ect. they all just want attention, and in doing that, they made videos that anger and are harmful to the real DID community, onething i forgot to mention in my earlier post is that people who really suffer from DID tend to dissociate really badly when watching videos of other people 'introducing their alters'. it triggers certain things and my buds tend to freak out a little and they try to front/split. 

Posted

to add onto this, shes just like the other youtubers who claim to have DID, like autumn asphodel, multiplicityandme, discordmia, ect. they all just want attention, and in doing that, they made videos that anger and are harmful to the real DID community, onething i forgot to mention in my earlier post is that people who really suffer from DID tend to dissociate really badly when watching videos of other people 'introducing their alters'. it triggers certain things and my buds tend to freak out a little and they try to front/split. 

I really wonder about that multiplicityandme chick too. Seems like people are too afraid to even question her, even though everything seems really off with her stories.

Posted (edited)

Hmm thought this was interesting to read. I have someone on my fb who also claims to have DID and practice witch craft and claims their ex was possessed and texting them. Makes me really wonder if these ppl are really mentally ill or they're just looking for attention. 

Edited by Kurosaki

Posted

Well, that was a fun read. Chick obviously knows nothing about actual dissociation (I get it sometimes, but I have BPD). When I'm "out of it", it's the only time my partner says I'm like a completely different person, and from the parts I remember about it (more feelings than events), I definitely don't have the presence of mind to start making a YouTube video! 

Posted

I really wonder about that multiplicityandme chick too. Seems like people are too afraid to even question her, even though everything seems really off with her stories.

i find that a lot of people are scared to call out others that claim to have a mental illness bc they dont want to be considered someone who thinks mental illness isnt real. i held off for a long time until i realized that letting people get away with shit is pointless. everyone just wants to say they have DID and its really annoying. on the topic of multiplicityandme, and autumn asphodel, theyre just plain retarded. you can just 'ask your alters' to introduce themselves to the camera. no. and yeah i agree, her stories dont really add up and tbh if there isnt one already, someone should make a thread about her.

Well, that was a fun read. Chick obviously knows nothing about actual dissociation (I get it sometimes, but I have BPD). When I'm "out of it", it's the only time my partner says I'm like a completely different person, and from the parts I remember about it (more feelings than events), I definitely don't have the presence of mind to start making a YouTube video! 

i know how you feel, i have bpd too. and honestly, anyone who makes a youtube channel dedicated to their mental illness and they arent using it to get more knowledge about it out, theyre just doing it for attention. like i understand if someone makes a yt channel and documents their depressive episodes and what not so parents and stuff know what to look out for, or if someone documents their seizures or tics or whatever, but this whole fake DID thing is getting really annoying.

Posted

I feel the same cause I have the exact same experience at times.
Then again, she makes me feel uncomfortable mainly cause she acts like she has no control, yet has control and I dunno, it makes no sense and enforces the feeling she is faking it, which is a horrible thing to do, imo.

Then again, my issues are not quite confirmed since a lot of shrinks are still unsure and trying to help me deal with immediate issues of mine but they did say BPd is a possibility but first things first, as they say.

Posted

Exactly. If you're actually dissociating, you can't just "snap out of it" like she is doing. 

I've actually done some really bad things to myself to try and bring myself out of it, like cutting or burning myself. Anything to make it feel like I'm in control of my own body. 

Posted

Exactly. If you're actually dissociating, you can't just "snap out of it" like she is doing. 

Hidden Content

same here, her lies are on another level.

Posted

living with DID is awful. fucking terrible. its not this fun joyride where you can just take a seat and let other people control your body. its called splitting and fronting. splitting gives me (and most other people) awful migraines. its like someone slamming your head against a wall for two hours straight. and fronting isnt fun either. although it doesnt hurt (for me, anyways,) it just makes me feel very uncomfortable, like when you have the flu and you dont want anything to touch you. splitting or 'switching' alters isnt something you can control. it happens when something induces your trauma. oh and all her bs about being traumatized and getting DID from her dumb mom, that horse crap. you have to go through a lot fucking worse to end up with it. i do remember some things that my buds do, and i can speak to them occasionally (its mainly just alex, my best bud) but i cant speak to all of them. and its not like i fucking talk out loud either, thats retarded. remembering stuff that happens after ive split (when im not fronting) is kind of foggy, but i remember bits and pieces. she claims that she has DID and that shes a system of 40+, which is hard to believe. you cant just up and count all your alters.

This. 

I think the thing with disorders like DID, is that they only sound cool and interesting to the LAYPERSON. It's a mix of arrogance and ignorance that leads these attention whores to read information from professional peer-reviewed texts and come away feeling like they know enough to fake the condition. In reality, they're gleaning about as many facts as they'd get from Hollywood movies. They don't understand the deeper meaning of the language used, and so concepts like fictional introjects become BS like 'I just watched Sherlock and now I have a Watson alter!'

When you really get into the research beneath intriguing Hollywood buzzwords like 'alter' and 'co-fronting' and 'host', you don't end up with a picture of some edgy 'we are legion!' superhero, you just get a human being with too much trauma in their childhood to function like everyone else. The brain has jumped through hoops to protect itself and continue surviving despite ego-shattering pain--the kind of pain you CANNOT get from a bitchy parent alone, not unless that parent was threatening your existence on the daily. And people like her who say trauma is different for everybody and some are more sensitive than others, FUCK RIGHT OFF. You don't just have a rough childhood and develop headmates to keep you company, that's not DID. Those 'headmates' are actually your childhood brain's attempt to disown memories from events that threaten your survival, physically or emotionally. Sorry to get graphic, but say your parent pretends to be loving, but then rapes you intermittently. There's going to be one part of your brain devoted to receiving the appropriate love and attention that you need from that parent, but then a part of your brain devoted to taking the abuse. The former can't receive the nurturing its needs while still holding memories of the abuse; it can't grow and develop with those memories in tact and so two distinct identities emerge. 

There are many, many ways DID forms, but that was just my attempt to show that IT'S NOT A QUIRKY PERSONALITY TRAIT TO FOCUS YOUR SNOWFLAKEY-ASS YOUTUBE CHANNEL ON. It's not a Hollywood movie, and when people fake it, IT'S OBVIOUS. These people should be so fucking embarrassed and ashamed. 

Power to you though! Wishing you luck in all your healing endeavours 
:alpacacrush:

Posted (edited)

This. 
I think the thing with disorders like DID, is that they only sound cool and interesting to the LAYPERSON. It's a mix of arrogance and ignorance that leads these attention whores to read information from professional peer-reviewed texts and come away feeling like they know enough to fake the condition. In reality, they're gleaning about as many facts as they'd get from Hollywood movies. They don't understand the deeper meaning of the language used, and so concepts like fictional introjects become BS like 'I just watched Sherlock and now I have a Watson alter!'

When you really get into the research beneath intriguing Hollywood buzzwords like 'alter' and 'co-fronting' and 'host', you don't end up with a picture of some edgy 'we are legion!' superhero, you just get a human being with too much trauma in their childhood to function like everyone else. The brain has jumped through hoops to protect itself and continue surviving despite ego-shattering pain--the kind of pain you CANNOT get from a bitchy parent alone, not unless that parent was threatening your existence on the daily. And people like her who say trauma is different for everybody and some are more sensitive than others, FUCK RIGHT OFF. You don't just have a rough childhood and develop headmates to keep you company, that's not DID. Those 'headmates' are actually your childhood brain's attempt to disown memories from events that threaten your survival, physically or emotionally. Sorry to get graphic, but say your parent pretends to be loving, but then rapes you intermittently. There's going to be one part of your brain devoted to receiving the appropriate love and attention that you need from that parent, but then a part of your brain devoted to taking the abuse. The former can't receive the nurturing its needs while still holding memories of the abuse; it can't grow and develop with those memories in tact and so two distinct identities emerge. 

There are many, many ways DID forms, but that was just my attempt to show that IT'S NOT A QUIRKY PERSONALITY TRAIT TO FOCUS YOUR SNOWFLAKEY-ASS YOUTUBE CHANNEL ON. It's not a Hollywood movie, and when people fake it, IT'S OBVIOUS. These people should be so fucking embarrassed and ashamed. 

Power to you though! Wishing you luck in all your healing endeavours 
:alpacacrush:

honestly, bless you (lol). i held back from talking about shit like this online for a long time because 1. i didnt want to have to deal with idiots, and 2. because i knew that if i shared what its really like, it would just give the people lying about it more info. people like ally are truly sick. theyre sick to the point they dont know theyre sick. they lie and lie, and then try to convince themselves that their lies are the truth. they get sucked into a bubble of negative attention and their ego, and they freak out when anyone tries to pop it. they think theyre the shit, that theyre unique and theres no one else like them. in a lot of ways, ally is like a few other snowflakes (simplykenna for an example, although she isnt that bad anymore) but she just takes the gag too far. like yeah, people with DID get a bad rep bc of shitty hollywood movies and tv shows, and i can understand if people genuinely want to know more about the disorder, its interesting. i can eve understand if someone tries to get into the same headspace as someone with it, just to try and understand what they go through. but to lie to everyone on the internet, say you have this awful illness, and then say 'oh maybe i made it all up' is just pathetic. if youre gonna finally come out about lying, just stop pussy-footing around it and just say 'hey im a shitty person and i lied about everything the internet knows me for'. i dont think she realizes that a lot of medication and a LOT of therapy goes along with DID. she just treats her (fake) disorder like a joke

also, thank you guys for being supportive. im not used to this kind of community, the previous ones ive been in were toxic and attacked the families of people we talked about. you guys are different, youre (well most of you are, anyway,) mature about things. youre such a sweet person :alpacacrush:

Edited by canigetuhhh
just adding a bit more where i mentioned simply kenna lol

Posted

Just a little update on the crazy. 

you guys are different, youre (well most of you are, anyway,) mature about things. youre such a sweet person :alpacacrush:

You're very welcome, it was nice to meet you and hear about your experience with DID!

Here's a little more recent proof that she made the whole thing up...

nomorecarer.thumb.png.be28a463953231b99a

She won't need mental health care anymore when she goes to the states, because she doesn't receive help for DID and won't ever need to. It's not like it's a disorder that absorbs your entire life and necessitates many years of therapy or anything. Just a little quirk that doesn't interfere with intimate relationships or travel. The only reason she needed the carer in the first place was social anxiety, so she's keeping her fake DID off her more lucrative ASMR channel altogether (her personal channel isn't even in the related list), so nobody sees the mess that is her terrible acting and consequently unsubscribes to the channel that actually makes her money. Money is more important to her than maintaining a shaky lie, obviously. 

I know she doesn't have a big following anymore, but she basically built her ASMR persona out of the popularity she got for faking DID. Now she seems to be so conscious of the gravity of her lies that she's separating the work from the fakeness as much as possible. 

fakeswitch.thumb.gif.0cd53ab9c7befa723e4

'Huh. I'm 'Tess' now. No trigger, it's all being recorded in a safe space. I just felt like being 'Tess' for the content.'

Meet_Garnet_My_Alter_Ego.thumb.gif.7ddea

'Hello, I'm acting surprised to see a camera in front of me, even though I just PURPOSEFULLY 'switched' in front of it'
'WOAH, hi other me! Other me is so funny! Isn't it great that I managed to plan and film my dissociation?

Posted

Just a little update on the crazy. 

You're very welcome, it was nice to meet you and hear about your experience with DID!

Here's a little more recent proof that she made the whole thing up...

nomorecarer.thumb.png.be28a463953231b99a

She won't need mental health care anymore when she goes to the states, because she doesn't receive help for DID and won't ever need to. It's not like it's a disorder that absorbs your entire life and necessitates many years of therapy or anything. Just a little quirk that doesn't interfere with intimate relationships or travel. The only reason she needed the carer in the first place was social anxiety, so she's keeping her fake DID off her more lucrative ASMR channel altogether (her personal channel isn't even in the related list), so nobody sees the mess that is her terrible acting and consequently unsubscribes to the channel that actually makes her money. Money is more important to her than maintaining a shaky lie, obviously. 

I know she doesn't have a big following anymore, but she basically built her ASMR persona out of the popularity she got for faking DID. Now she seems to be so conscious of the gravity of her lies that she's separating the work from the fakeness as much as possible. 

fakeswitch.thumb.gif.0cd53ab9c7befa723e4

'Huh. I'm 'Tess' now. No trigger, it's all being recorded in a safe space. I just felt like being 'Tess' for the content.'

Meet_Garnet_My_Alter_Ego.thumb.gif.7ddea

'Hello, I'm acting surprised to see a camera in front of me, even though I just PURPOSEFULLY 'switched' in front of it'
'WOAH, hi other me! Other me is so funny! Isn't it great that I managed to plan and film my dissociation?

OKAY I AM BACK FROM THE DEAD. This thread pretty much died, but I've had to distance myself from here because ive been getting too pissed off lmao. all of this is bullshit, i dont care about her. shes just giving the did community more of a bad rep, and im so close to losing it. I'd write more, but we all know her entire act is bullshit. not to mention shes still in the 13-16 emo phase. gross.

Posted (edited)

OKAY I AM BACK FROM THE DEAD. This thread pretty much died, but I've had to distance myself from here because ive been getting too pissed off lmao. all of this is bullshit, i dont care about her. shes just giving the did community more of a bad rep, and im so close to losing it. I'd write more, but we all know her entire act is bullshit. not to mention shes still in the 13-16 emo phase. gross.

I know what you mean, every once in a while I think of people like this chick and feel so desperately anxious about the social perception of mental illness. It's not just a backwards step, it's a step towards self-diagnosis being unquestioningly defended to the point where people who legitimately have mental illness are compared with attention-grabbing frauds. Since when has respecting someone's right to malinger and misinform taken precedence over academic facts and progress? It's so sickening, I understand wanting to take a break from it all. 

This girl has recently made her instagram private. I think she's trying to distance her lies and terrible acting from her ASMR channel. Though, the last couple times I looked the only things she posted were conversations between her and her cringey "witch" boyfriend, and Sims 3 screenshots. She mentioned some "alter" names occasionally, but it's clear from the vids she makes and the constant instagram updates that she has no disruptions with her identity. She doesn't have a life, she makes fantasy ASMR and her boyfriend was a previous fan that goes along with her make-believe "alter egos!" bullshit.

IMO, she obviously just has too much time on her hands, gives no fucks about the DID community or mental health progress, engages in narcissistic fantasies to take her mind off how empty her life is and just generally needs to stop.  

Edited by Melty Flakes
PS: I would make a separate thread for that MultiplicityAndMe chick, but I don't think I could stomach the research needed to make an introductory post...

Posted

I know this thread is p dead, but I've been a casual lurker for a while now (even before Ally mass-deleted vids). This was in my recommended tab, and I just wanted to put up this gem where she switches into a "demon alter".

https://youtu.be/DZ4xDD4hziM?t=3101