Whitening Creams?

10 posts in this topic

Posted

So do any of you use Korean whitening treatment or cream/lotion, soap ect.?

I'm going to be trying out the Snow White Secret Key set for whitening but, I was wondering if there is anything that is more effective?

s-l300.jpg

Posted

I haven't tried the Secret Key one but I have tried a couple of other brands. The one I found most effective is the Milky Dress The White one. It's good for instant whitening and brightens skin tone the most out of the ones I've tried. 

The only downside to all the whitening creams I've tried is that they all sort of cling to dry spots on your skin and some even end up looking “ashy”. They don't look great with going underneath makeup :\ I've never tried the Secret Key one but I have heard it is similar to the Milky Dress one. 

If you're looking to brighten and whiten your skin tone then your best bet is to use Vitamin C products instead. It does take longer to see results but it's better than a “quick fix” whitening cream in my opinion. Hope this helps ^^

Posted

Just wondering, do both products help to brighten the skin on a permanent basis or will they disappear right after showering? I've used Ponds Day&Night lotion before, but I wasn't that happy with that one either. 

Posted

So do whitening creams work on any kind of tan to make it go back a few shades? I went to a concert a while back wearing a shirt with triangle cutouts and now I have a weird gradient pattern on my upper back (I guess one side of my back was facing the sun more often :alpacaworry2: )

I thought few months out of the sun would help, but who knew it wouldn't negate a few hours in the sun?

Posted

So do whitening creams work on any kind of tan to make it go back a few shades? I went to a concert a while back wearing a shirt with triangle cutouts and now I have a weird gradient pattern on my upper back (I guess one side of my back was facing the sun more often :alpacaworry2: )

I thought few months out of the sun would help, but who knew it wouldn't negate a few hours in the sun?

Whitening creams in Korea generally = brightening creams (its a bit of a mistranslation, but yeah). They don't normally whiten your skin permanently, they just give it a dewy effect and maybe lighten your skin a few shades in the short-term (<24hrs). Keep this in mind if you ever buy Korean cosmetics - 99% of the time products advertised as "whitening" won't bleach you!!

To actually whiten your skin you'd have to use something marketed with a different name(?).

I'm not greatly familiar with skin /bleaching/ creams as I don't use them myself, but I know the brand Redergen (색소침착) has a range of skin whitening products for your face and body if you're browsing for Korean brands. Dahuin (다흰) also does whitening cream. Keep in mind that these kinds of treatments aren't considered good for the skin.

Honestly, if its just tan lines you're unhappy about, I'd suggest staying FAR away from skin bleaching creams. Tan lines fade naturally on their own, especially if you're in a country that's on the colder side in the winter and you have to wrap up warmly!

PS: If you live in a hot country and have an interest in Korean cosmetics, my suggestion to you would be to get your hands on Korean sunscreen as soon as you can - its formulated perfectly for sitting underneath your makeup (and in some cases is even a half-decent primer) and makes a world of different compared to normal sunscreen.

Posted

Oh, ok, thanks for the lesson in whitening/brightning creams! So far the only stuff I had messed with that had brightning in the name was related to face masks so I knew it was more of a temporary effect...

I live in the south side of the US so I guess it'll be a while longer lol

Posted

Do they even out skintones? 

I have a really yellow undertone around my mouth (it's the same colour as my body) compared to the rest of my face. It looks like I can't wash my face properly after eating and I'd like to get rid of it

Posted

I'm going to be trying out the Snow White Secret Key set for whitening but, I was wondering if there is anything that is more effective?

s-l300.jpg

i used their snow white milky lotion and get snapped by my mom the moment i left my room because it made my skin tone look very fake

s-l300.jpg

if you want an effective white cream that'll look natural go for cloud9 cream, april skin white cream, laneige white cream or banila co white wedding cream

Posted

do you guys know a good product for fading hyperpigmentation on arms?

Posted

do you guys know a good product for fading hyperpigmentation on arms?

i recommend serums/lotions with high concentration of niacinamide (personally 2-5% is pretty effective). i personally use The Ordinary's Niacinamide 10% (high percent ik o:) serum to fade my hyperpigmentation due to acne / acne scars.