• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

511 posts in this topic

Posted

Does anyone else physically and uncontrollably cringe when they see sponsored photos like this? Literally holding up a product in the most obvious and unnatural way. I literally can't stand it. Why would any brand approve a post like this for a sponsorship?? 

Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 1.07.04 am.png

Posted

i don't really think it's that cringe, i feel like you're reaching imo. the picture looks fine.

there are so many other things to complain about w/ kim and you gotta pick the most mundane thing lol.

Posted

Okay, I know this might sound weird, but did anyone else notice how often Kim presses the point that she is a size XS? I watched most of her clothing haul videos from the last months, if not all, and her current lucky bag unboxing. In every video she mentions it several times "I'm small/I'm a small frame/I'm an XS etc" - it's a theme by now, and honestly, it's getting a bit annoying. What I find weird is that while she definitely is thin, she doesn't seem to be that skinny? I don't want to shame her body or anything, because as I said, she has a slender frame, but she emphasizes her being skinny so much, it surprises me.

Posted (edited)

Okay, I know this might sound weird, but did anyone else notice how often Kim presses the point that she is a size XS? I watched most of her clothing haul videos from the last months, if not all, and her current lucky bag unboxing. In every video she mentions it several times "I'm small/I'm a small frame/I'm an XS etc" - it's a theme by now, and honestly, it's getting a bit annoying. What I find weird is that while she definitely is thin, she doesn't seem to be that skinny? I don't want to shame her body or anything, because as I said, she has a slender frame, but she emphasizes her being skinny so much, it surprises me.

She just repeats her words a lot like said before. If she talks about Japan for example, she will probably say "Japan" 30 times within 2 minutes of the video.

Edited by CookieMonster

Posted

I just watched her Pokémon Lucky Bag video, which was titled, “I couldn’t get the Pokémon Lucky Bag :(,” But spoiler alert! She got the Lucky Bag from a commenter that sold it to her. I was actually kind of glad when she couldn’t get one because she said she showed up at 7:15. I don’t understand how a person can think that’s early enough to get one, so that’s on her for being lazy. I don’t really watch her content because I find her so entitled and spoiled now, but this clickbait title got me because I was going to relish in the fact that she actually didn’t get what she wanted for once. And then I was disappointed xD

Posted

I just watched her Pokémon Lucky Bag video, which was titled, “I couldn’t get the Pokémon Lucky Bag :(,” But spoiler alert! She got the Lucky Bag from a commenter that sold it to her. I was actually kind of glad when she couldn’t get one because she said she showed up at 7:15. I don’t understand how a person can think that’s early enough to get one, so that’s on her for being lazy. I don’t really watch her content because I find her so entitled and spoiled now, but this clickbait title got me because I was going to relish in the fact that she actually didn’t get what she wanted for once. And then I was disappointed xD

I wish she didn't get it just for the sake of reviewing it lol I find this kind of content creating very contrived and stupid and wasteful.

Posted

I got really annoyed 'cause she didn't show the itens properly! Couldn't see the details, she was rushing. She keeps saying that she wanted this bag for her video so bad but we can feel she didn't care for anything besides the gigantic eevee.

Posted

I got really annoyed 'cause she didn't show the itens properly! Couldn't see the details, she was rushing. She keeps saying that she wanted this bag for her video so bad but we can feel she didn't care for anything besides the gigantic eevee.

I really want to enjoy her videos but a lot of them seem uninspired and it sadly comes across as though she is a little bit spoilt. I enjoy many other JBloggers and though I really wanted to watch her videos most of it seems to be haul based and there is little enthusiasm to the actual hauls themselves. I also don't know if it is for viewership purposes but I find the repetition a little boring. I enjoy watching her in collabs and would love to see that side of her come out a little more in videos. I would rather have less well thought out videos than a video which feels as though it is being put out purely for views. There needs to be a balance.

Posted

I think you're stretching it with the size thing, shes reviewing clothes so she has to mention her size. She is thin but has a straight waist so doesnt look that thin and she angles her camera up so her legs look longer but also thicker than it is. 

I agree about the pokemon lucky bag. She claimed Yokohama is too far but shes lucky to be able to travel to japan to get them she took a multiple flights (aus to singapore to korea to japan) to get there, why not go an extra hour and a half, right? I agree that the pokemon lucky bag sucked but that one eevee plushie was worth the whole price of the bag which is why they included cheaper stationary in there

Posted (edited)

I think Kim got the pokemon lucky bag for two reasons. One for video; two that she's just crazy about pokemon, which we all know! She clearly said in the video that even though she was told that the bag sucked, she saw the items and they are indeed disappointing, but she still wanted it LOL

I have only watched the pokemon lucky bag video. But it seems she's then posted another few lucky bag videos? How many different bags did she get? That'll cost a lot!

Kim always says that 100 yen equals 1 dollar. I hope she does realize 100 yen doesn't equal 1 Australian dollar. The rate is 1:0.013. Of course it doesn't matter for small things. But say for the lucky bag. Each is 10800 yen which equals 139.38 Australian dollars! 

Edited by Dondiagoo

Posted

Unrelated but I find the way she talks so irritating, I don't wanna bag on her too much but she speaks like she doesn't know how to speak English? The way she pronounces words and enunciates random parts of her words so it sounds awkward. 

I'm watching her 100 things to do in Tokyo vid that she made March of last year and she pronounced capsules , 'capchules' 

This is just a personal thing I don't like about her, she sounds so manufactured yet unprofessional and I don't know how you can even draw out that combination.

Posted

Maybe its just her viet mixed aussie accent?

Posted

I recently discovered that besides "items", Kim also says "The thing is..." and "What happened was..." 

Posted

Her content is extremely stale at the moment, even for her standards. I mean, I am actually even confused about the "timeline". Is she still in Japan or are these videos from around Christmas or from fall? All her videos are the same right now, so I can't even tell them apart anymore or check from which trip they are. She just posted another Universal Studios video...again.

Posted

Her content is extremely stale at the moment, even for her standards. I mean, I am actually even confused about the "timeline". Is she still in Japan or are these videos from around Christmas or from fall? All her videos are the same right now, so I can't even tell them apart anymore or check from which trip they are. She just posted another Universal Studios video...again.

Yeah, I don't really care if people pre-record videos or schedule them way ahead of time, but her content is so repetitive it literally doesn't matter if you watch a "new" video of her shopping at Donki or going to USJ or any of the same videos she's made a year ago or even 3 years ago lol