• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

543 posts in this topic

Posted

my gosh. she's pitiful... I agree it's not snowflakey behavior but its just detestable. apparently finishing a degree gives kim and only kim the right to bully people. she ~might~ have been bullied in the past and now that she "can", she's on the giving and not on the receiving end. shows how "mature" she got since earning her fucking degree. 

to add... sunny isn't any better she just leeches of kim's "fame", me thinks... if she's a true and real friend she would help kim not embarrass themselves. 

Posted

Degrees in Japanese and Psychology. That's interesting. Too bad the racism incident proves she's rubbish at Japanese, and the copying incident shows she's no good in Psychology. :harharplz:

She's not tweeted anything since this mess, other than to say that Sunny's arrived. Must be awkward to make a fool out of yourself while trying to "expose" someone. 

Posted (edited)

idk about this girl but i kinda watch melodee 

(i didnt know melodee was also friends with sunny wow O.o)

i dont really follow melodee apart from the videos and snaps but she seems mostly nice to me

and melodee's main work isnt youtube but directing(i think?) and presenting a tv show and interviewing people

and that taken into consideration,i don't think she would get into the trouble to edit a thumbnail to get views by "copying" that girl since she has her work and stuff

but hey i may be wrong and there are things i dont know :alpacaheadshake:

Edited by Iiris

Posted (edited)

Kim's videos are so dull that I wholeheartedly welcome this drama development. She's petty as hell and obviously insecure about her content and videos, she seemed to just instantly jump on the chance to put down Melodee to make herself look better.. which had the opposite effect. This, and the Racism in Japan video just make it seem like she thinks people are out to get her or  something.

Honestly, it's disappointing that she's trying to rally her followers against Melodee with her sorry excuses for "receipts". It IS funny though that she seemed to back down after not getting the reaction she expected 

:harharplz:

Edited by polybrow

Posted (edited)

--->Buying Instagram Followers Accusation

During Kim Dao's tirade the other day she also tweeted this into the mix which didn't really match up with what she was saying previously.

0Q7PE6u.png

I understand that for public figures, instagram is a very important platform to connect with their fans, especially for beauty gurus. But this seems like a very heavy accusation to throw out there and I don't think Kim has actual evidence to prove Melodee has 'bought followers'. It seems like out of insecurity, Kim Dao was constantly comparing her likes/followers to Melodee's and rationalized the only way someone is more popular than her is by cheating.

So I took a look at their Instagram profiles and compared Kim and Melodee under the criteria of Followers along with Post/Like ratio. I don't know if its actually possible to buy instagram followers now since the instagram purge, but I will forgo that information for this analysis. Of course this is subjective so please let me know how you interpret this information!

DL2Xe9A.png

Kim Dao - Averages about 3k every post, her follower count is normal for the amount she's posted so I genuinely believe she accured her followers through normal means.

Melodee - Averages about 4k every post, her posts are a bit skewed because her ballet posts don't get much attention(throws off the average). She has less posts than Kim but more followers. I think this is due to the content Melodee posts. Compared to Kim she posts more about food and scenic shots, and this fits in more with the Instagram aesthetic

--I've also included Taylor and Sunnydahye since they are friends of Kim. I want to note that Taylor has also been widely accused of buying followers.

Taylor - Averages 10k per post, she posts a lot and daily so her follower count matches that.(I think it's actually pretty low considering how daily she posts)

Sunnydahye - Averages about 5k each post but her like ratio is skewed because she posts uninteresting things, a more accurate range would be 1k-5k impressions. Her amount of posts and the amount of followers she has is actually pretty alarming. Perhaps she deleted some posts inbetween? But out of all these people, Sunnydahye seems the most likely to buy instagram followers.

tl;dr. 

• Kim is very insecure about her social standing, constantly compares herself to others
    • Some how rationalizes she is better by putting others down
      • Ex. (Copying me! Fake! Your internet fame isn't real!)
  • Kim is never wrong
    • Racism in Japan Video
      • Ex. (There was no misunderstanding : ) children will be children : ) let teenagers be teenagers : ) They are ignorant and assholes, just ignore them : ) )

---> Public Nuisance

Kim Dao and her crew have been recorded on more than one occasion to being a public nuisance or inconvenience to their surroundings. Generally recording is not allowed in many areas in Japan, and especially not in stores. In rare cases, recording is allowed with permission from the store, but they often ask that the faces in the background be blurred out of respect for privacy.

-The Pokemon Go Skit... IN JAPAN

As Japanese majors, Kim Dao and her friend Sharla in Japan should have considered their actions and surroundings when they filmed their video POKEMON GO in JAPAN!!!.

In this Video, at 1:18 they start mishandling products within the store.

DxicZHc.jpg

iuctfOG.jpg

In the screen shot above you can see people staring at them. You can clearly see peoples' faces and they were not blurred.^

hs0tIM7.jpg

The balls they threw did not seem like they were being caught below and most likely hit the floor. It is a general faux pas everywhere, not only in Japan, to mishandle and play with items you do not intend to buy. 

I believe neither of them bought any of the products they mishandled because these pokeballs did not show up in any of their later blogs.

_UuPqX.gif rScXZr.gif

-Impromptu Photoshoots

Sunnydahye visited Kim Dao in Japan and they decided to hold a photoshoot on the floor of the store. 

oBOCCYc.jpg
Model - Sunnydahye
Cameraman - Kim Dao
This screencap was taken from lolcow

Edited by nisemono

Posted

Youtubers..... 

Posted

That Pokemon Go video is really hard to watch....I'm embarrased for them..

Posted (edited)

Don't companies sponsor her?  I know Odigo travel did... They might want to stop associating with her. Did she even think of that before making all this petty drama public? 

And I don't know about you all, but where I come from, you never use anyone's lack of education to justify your actions or make excuses for yourself. To me, that was seriously crossing a line and it cannot be uncrossed. All she can do now is apologize. That was embarrassing of her. Again, college degrees don't give you class apparently.

A friend of mine who used Odigo to plan out his trip contacted Odigo thanking them for their site but I told him about what happened and he sent in an email mentioning it but hasn't received a reply yet. I think if we contact them about how Kim and Sunny(Sunny visited their office with Kim) are bullying another YouTuber, they'd reply.

Edited by nisemono
grammar

Posted

I think she's just salty because she's one of the less popular ones among the main clique. I used to watch all the big names (Sharla, Rachel&Jun) and most of their videos have a thumbs up/total rate of 99% or even less, whereas for kimdao it's usually around 95%, not to mention that she has far less views. I could only sit through the fashion related videos cause in her vlogs her voice sounds annoying or the audio quality's not too good. At this point she probably thinks any kind of feedback is good and gives her more views. 

Posted

I think she's just salty because she's one of the less popular ones among the main clique. I used to watch all the big names (Sharla, Rachel&Jun) and most of their videos have a thumbs up/total rate of 99% or even less, whereas for kimdao it's usually around 95%, not to mention that she has far less views. I could only sit through the fashion related videos cause in her vlogs her voice sounds annoying or the audio quality's not too good. At this point she probably thinks any kind of feedback is good and gives her more views. 

I only really watch Kim for when she is on her own and has fun with shopping or for her still showing me delicious food that isn't obnoxious vegan. 

Posted

yeah, she gives me the feeling that she want to appear bigger than she actually is. Like, "look I'm part of the squad, I'm big too, I'm popular". Even when I didn't watch all the jvlogger,I knew at least where they came from and that they were a tiny bit famous on Youtube. But Kim, I was like "who is she? She seems to be an irrelevant friend... Oh she's making video too? alright".

Posted

I believe in a never have I ever video the clique did, kim was the only one who admitted to cheating on someone? That kinda turned me off from her right away.