• Announcements

• Snowflake Banner Poll!   02/17/17

Hello everyone! Please pick your three favorite snowflakes to be put in the new banner. Thanks a lot!   

Anzujaamu

229 posts in this topic

Posted

♢ Link dump ♢ 

Facebook

Twitter

Blog

Insta

Tumblr

There was a thread for Anzu on the previous PULL Interesting people section. Thought I should carry discussion over to here.

To my knowledge she hasn't done anything overly snowflakey, there was rumours of her shooping her legs but nothing serious. In the previous thread people found some archived pictures of her when she was young (around 13/14) and she was a little chubby.

However, she recently won a large cosplay competition with a bought costume that she received as a sponsor (she is sponsored by a lot of companies which is where she gets all of her lenses/wigs/clothes from). And subsequently won a trip to Japan from winning that comp, which is where she is now as I'm writing this. 

Personally I like her style, she seems a nice person. Thoughts?

Posted

I like her, even though there's not much to be known about her. I feel bad how everybody thinks she's a robot/lifeless because of how her blog is covered in business/sponsor related stuff but in her defense she does go to school and have a life outside the internet. It seems to me she doesn't actively seek out sponsors like most bloggers do, she just stumbled into them. Her reviews are decent/above average though.

Posted

i like her she seems very nice 

Posted

I like Anzu :alpacacrush: 

So far, she does seem drama free, other than people speculating that her legs are shooped... which is kinda iffy to me. If anything, she might elongate them with BeutyPlus, but her frame seems small in general, so having thin legs wouldn't surprise me. 

There were archived pics of chubby Anzu? Those I wanna see :3 not to make fun of her, I'm just a curious person by nature... also because I remembered there was that one "friend" of her's that was on the old forum practically throwing her under the bus and said she used to be fat or w/e... but that's as far as I got before I stopped looking at PULL for a couple of months and then it *poofed* away.

But all in all, she's a nice girl who is really helpful/doesn't mind providing where she got certain items (given they are mostly sponsored, but as previously mentioned, she does pretty detailed reviews, which is more helpful than some girls who just post "look at what I received!" :alpacabored:)

Posted

Anzu is really inspiring. Sure she does edit but, it's not too much, she still looks like herself. Her cosplays are very nice! There's also something humble about her, it doesn't seem like internet fame would've gotten to her head. She seems very down to earth compared to most cosplay fames in the internet who become so full of themselves.

Posted

''looks like herself'' not that reeeeally(ofc she doesn't shoop or anything), she's just really really supireor in makeup... I'm so jealous :amgplz: she's natural pretty tho and has the perfect cosplay face, wish I had that too :alpacaworry2: 

also I wonder where she's from? she doesn't seem like a native english speaker since she has an accent?:Alpacaconfused:

Posted (edited)

I believe she is from Turkey o:

She has a pretty face and a pretty body (so jealous, ugh). I don't know much about her, but well, as platypus said, she really has the perfect cosplay face.

Edited by Awful

Posted (edited)

There were archived pics of chubby Anzu? 

Apparently these are her. 

What are your guys opinions on her winning that competition with a bought costume? It's a really nice costume and she looks amazing as Madoka and everything, but if I had slaved over a costume for hours and someone came along with a costume they didn't make (or pay for) and won I'd be kinda pissed. 

1432343294517.jpg

1432344795708.jpg

1432345555606.jpg

Edited by Mikan

Posted

What are your guys opinions on her winning that competition with a bought costume? It's a really nice costume and she looks amazing as Madoka and everything, but if I had slaved over a costume for hours and someone came along with a costume they didn't even pay for and won I'd be kinda pissed. 

I think people with bought costumes should be in a different competition, but then again how do you prove you didn't buy something? Idk, it's an issue I feel like the cosplay community always needs to deal with. Some of the cosplays in the background don't look good at all though, maybe she won with a bought costume purely because the level of the competition in total was so low?

''looks like herself'' not that reeeeally(ofc she doesn't shoop or anything), she's just really really supireor in makeup... I'm so jealous :amgplz: she's natural pretty tho and has the perfect cosplay face, wish I had that too :alpacaworry2: 

XD herself in the same sense as anyone with that kinda makeup. Just compared to many people discussed here on the forum she's rare like a jewel since she doesn't need to shoop as much to be confident enough to share her pictures. BTW, there's no such thing as perfect cosplay face! I've heard that before too, but I bet ya, you can do just as well with your face if you have makeup skills like that. Sure, most anime characters have a pointy chins and what not but the faces don't have personality. It's a lot easier than you can imagine once you know your makeup~

Posted

I think people with bought costumes should be in a different competition, but then again how do you prove you didn't buy something? Idk, it's an issue I feel like the cosplay community always needs to deal with. Some of the cosplays in the background don't look good at all though, maybe she won with a bought costume purely because the level of the competition in total was so low?

I'm pretty sure she had it sent to her by one of her sponsors. Most of her costumes are sponsored by Cospicky and Cosplaysky. 

Usually at most cons there is an outright ban on competitive costuming using bought costumes because it defeats the whole point of the competition - to judge craftsmanship. They are usually allowed in skits though as the costumes themselves are not judged- the skit is. I'm not familiar with the con she won the competition at though because I think it was in Turkey.  Depends on what the competition actually was, if it was an actual craftsmanship cosplay competition then it's a shame for the other costumers. If not, then hey-ho, well done to her and cudos well deserved.

Posted (edited)

What are your guys opinions on her winning that competition with a bought costume? It's a really nice costume and she looks amazing as Madoka and everything, but if I had slaved over a costume for hours and someone came along with a costume they didn't make (or pay for) and won I'd be kinda pissed. 

Eh, I can't say she won "fair and square" but she kinda did, depending on what they were judging - it's not her fault they didn't categorize/separate the competition into handmade/craftmanship VS bought cosplays, as most cons do. If anything, it's a shitty thing on the con's part and people should be pissed at them (hopefully no one got pissed at her). Maybe it was a popularity contest?

I think people with bought costumes should be in a different competition, but then again how do you prove you didn't buy something? 

Depending on how big the con is/who or what professionals they've hired to judge, there are ways to prove whether or not the costume is bought. Especially if there's a pre-judging/Q&A prior to the actual contest, because they will ask you "how did you make this", "what materials you used?", "how did you sew that?" and so on. Obviously if you hesitate too much or seem like you're BS'ing or just plain can't give an answer, a lot of times they will know

EDIT: and i doubt she'd try to pass it off as handmade. if i recall correctly she was a guest? or people actually knew who she was? so they should know by now that the costume wasn't handmade, as she made a review on it I believe. 

Edited by PurinPrincess

Posted

xD herself in the same sense as anyone with that kinda makeup. Just compared to many people discussed here on the forum she's rare like a jewel since she doesn't need to shoop as much to be confident enough to share her pictures. BTW, there's no such thing as perfect cosplay face! I've heard that before too, but I bet ya, you can do just as well with your face if you have makeup skills like that. Sure, most anime characters have a pointy chins and what not but the faces don't have personality. It's a lot easier than you can imagine once you know your makeup~

yeah, I'm probably just very bad with makeup haha. I don't even like wearing it ...so maybe that's why. Eventho I watch/watched many tutorials :alpacadone: But having the right equipment is a thing too probably :alpacabored:

Posted

Ngl I was pretty asshurt when she won that competition because she didn't even buy the costume. The whole thing was sponsored from some cosplay site or another (it's just a generic Taobao Madoka costume tho). Meaning she got it for free and beat a lot of people who poured hours of work into their costume. I looked through the entries and there were some crazy good handmade entries which didn't win and I was like

:rageplz:

However, I'm not surprised she won since she's very popular on Tumblr and sort of a pseudo-celebrity so when she's like "hey I'm going to TGS", people will look it up and learn about it and her Japanese fans might go to see her in person, etc.

Posted

I love Anzu's makeup style, the eyes especially. I know she did a dolly-eye makeup tut on her youtube but I'd be more interested in seeing different looks from her that incorporate her basic eye style with the big eyelashes and circle lenses. Kind of like how she did that creepy-cute makeup tut but less OTT and more for everyday wear. 

Posted

also because I remembered there was that one "friend" of her's that was on the old forum practically throwing her under the bus and said she used to be fat or w/e... but that's as far as I got before I stopped looking at PULL for a couple of months and then it *poofed* away.

One of the mods (I believe it was kaninchen) said that the person claimed to be Anzu's "friend"'s IP address was actually in California despite that they said they still went to school with Anzu. So basically it was a troll.

I love Anzu's makeup style, the eyes especially. I know she did a dolly-eye makeup tut on her youtube but I'd be more interested in seeing different looks from her that incorporate her basic eye style with the big eyelashes and circle lenses. 

Her makeup is pretty much the same in every picture except for her lenses and sometimes her lashes anyways.