• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Kanadajin3 gets ROASTED

88 posts in this topic

Posted

Jumping in a bit late here, but. As a high school drop-out myself, it completely baffles me that other people, like Miranda, can see it as a good thing. I dropped out in my senior year, due to high anxiety and depression. Since then, I've tried to get back into school numerous times, but the more time goes on, the harder it is to get back into that kind of academic environment (at least, for me). I deeply regret my decision, since obviously, all it's done is made surviving in this shitty economy all the harder. I may have felt liberated when I did it -- as it completely cut out one of my many sources of stress -- but as time went by, I did realize what a horrible mistake I had made.

Of course, I'm not leeching off some poor man in Japan though, so I suppose in Miranda's mind... what has she got to be ashamed of? :beardo: She's totally above school anyways, right?

Posted

I knew a few people who dropped out for different reasons, but none of them was because they thought they were above it. If she dropped out because of difficulties understanding a class and failing after tutoring and any extra help, I'd be a bit more understanding. I've had learning issues in some of my college classes and dropped out of some of them to save my GPA. But girl should've really gone back and got her GED at the very least to have SOME form of completed education on her resume.

I'm very curious of visa kun. Just their living situation, meeting, do they actually do stuff together like a couple would or is it more of an agreement they get married and then they go and do their own thing? If Victor is right on the guy not speaking a lick of English being her husband, then communication's got to be a mess.

Posted

Even if visa kun speaks English he probably couldn't understand 'Mirandaish'. Furthermore, Mira can't speak Japanese so she may be a trophy wife for him. As long as he pays the bills and the wi-fi connection is good, both parties are probably satisfied with the arrangement. She seems to spend a lot of time on the internet. I guess a virtual friend is better  than no friends at all. She can stay at home all day and tweet about mundane bullshit and he gets to...

Posted (edited)

1. I'm glad this thread exists, now we have a place to showcase the instances where people actually call out this bullshit.

2. People are referring to SOCIAL conservatives when they say "conservative". Political conservatives don't necessarily want to put women back in the kitchen or go back to the good ol' days of segregation just because they don't want to be liberal with things like country finances and policy making. HOWEVER, social conservatives often align themselves with political conservatives, so please do excuse the faux pas. We aught try harder to specify that we mean social conservatives, or as many would recognize them as, Rednecks. People of the Southern USA have tried to reclaim this, as it is often used as a slur against them, but the meaning of the word is not a Southerner, it is an ignorant piece of trash who is unfit for polite society. Some Southerners are rednecks, but it has been unfairly applied to all people in a certain location. Which leads me into point three...

3. Everything Mira does can be explained by her being the literal definition of a Redneck. Of course she's poorly educated and proud of it, she's a Redneck. Of course she's proud of meaningless material goods, she's a Redneck. Of course she doesn't see anything wrong with anything she does, she's a Redneck. She's just a Canadian Redneck whose culture is to be garbage, and she'll never properly assimilate into Japanese culture because that would require more work than being a walking piece of fecal matter, and she would hate it.

Edited by AtEase

Posted

this is just too perfect.

Posted (edited)

Am I the only one that found it offensive the way she was making fun of addiction?

Also, what a fucking pointless video. Look at me, im poor. But don't worry about me, but listen to me, no wait don't.

Edited by Inquisitorcat
added in mini rant

Posted

This is the most pointless video I've ever watched in my entire life. 

Posted (edited)

Gosh... such a nasty way of saying "I have enough money to spend on useless shit"....

Screenshot_(1).thumb.png.a9cb8a822cb4fdb

"Oh no, I have a Visa-kun2.0 who pays for the rent, utilities, and basic living expenses so I can use the small money I earn from youtube and part-time job for myself but I recently haven't bought Louis Vuittons (and keep mentioning the same LV items over and over) because I buy shit I don't need boohoo. But wait, I don't want to be criticized for the way I spend so let me throw in the word "addiction" when I know it's not a serious problem yet so I'm fine for now."

Edit: she now deleted this comment after I mentioned it.

Edited by May

Posted

If it really was an addiction she wouldn't give a crap about budgets.  She would put her and visa kun in debt. 

Posted

this is just too perfect.

Just wait for the inevitable hypocrisy when she sets up a Patreon  account..

Posted

Anybody notice the rando shell thing she has behind her? I know we were talking a few days ago about how she has nothing in the background. Now she pointedly sat to the side of it. Nice try Miranda. :hurrplz:

Posted

Why is she making a video about this whole issue of spending too much money? She makes it looks worse than it is! Just stop buying crap! xD I have a well paid job but I always have to budget myself so I know what money goes to A,B,C bills and what I have left for the rest of the month for food and utilities and then I see what I have left after that. She had no concept of budgeting because she's living in her own dreamworld. Get back to reality and just learn how to budget. Then you can see how much you can spend on this useless crap every month. I don't know why she's complaining about being poor when she's put herself in that position.

I've seen this with so many people I know from real life, they'll spend their money on crap and really, stuff they don't need. When it gets to the point where they need to pay bills they don't have the money and they complain about how they have no money and I do. It's because I budget! It really doesn't take long to sit down and write a list of what is coming out of your account for what bills on which day!

Posted (edited)

I personally think she only made this video, because she was called out. It sounds to me like she's using this shopping addiction as an excuse. She has to hide the fact she spends a lot, without Visa-kun's/families help. I have an addiction! It's not because people are paying for me. It also makes people sympathize with her now about Patreon. WOW! You're in debt and still don't ask for money. 

Edited by Sazzle

Posted

Is it a cultural thing in Japan that she's trying to emulate to not get paid for your work? 

I know there's a youtuber who is actually Japanese, ochikeron, who had a little freak out of her own when a local news channel made it a point to talk about how she was doing cooking videos and whatever for the cash. Like the suggestion that she wasn't doing it for a hobby, or was trying to make a career out of it was like... taboo? I know in the US being able to make your hobby into a money making venture is like... living the dream. 

Posted

interesting development: that youtuber just got her whole channel demonetized.