• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

345 posts in this topic

Posted

Tsuruko

Instagram // Youtube

Image result for tsuruko instagram

There's this girl on instagram called Tsuruko who's been getting a lot of followers but she seems kinda sketchy so I thought she deserved a thread. She is a "cosplay" Instagrammer who posts nothing but (IMO kinda grainy) selfies.

• First became popular because meme pages used her snapchat pictures
    • Image result for tsuruko memeImage result for tsuruko memeImage result for tsuruko meme
  • Had drama with the snowflake Bonbonchuu/Lilaflan/Pele Whitney in the past and is friends with other snowflakes such as Peachiepie/Momodere and Venus Angelic.
    • You can find more about the Tsuruko/Bonbonchuu drama on Bonbonchuu's first thread, linked above. The new, current thread on her is here.
    • Venus once shouted her Patreon out on her Instagram and called her "one of her good friends"
  • She is part Chinese and used to list "part Chinese, not Japanese" in her Instagram description because people kept asking her if she was Japanese but has since changed it to "mixed race" to seem more vague.
    • Posted a picture of her with her half-Chinese mother to prove that she's part Asian
    • (Oct 2017) Recently posted on her Instagram story that she was blocked by an unnamed semi-influential Instagrammer because they believed she was doing yellowface (x)
  • In the past has asked her fans to donate money to her here because she claimed to be poor. IMO I feel like she was being honest and not trying to scam people but it can seem kinda suspicious.
  • Possibly has bought followers due to her only really posting grainy cosplay selfies
  • Was threatened by Margo Palermo, Venus Angelic's mother, saying that "Venus was coming for her next" (x)
    • Margo saying that she would donate money to Tsuruko (?) (x)
  • Has recently had trouble with stalkers

IRL/No Makeup/Old Pics

1486115749280.jpgImage result for tsuruko no makeup1486115815809.jpg

Edited Pictures from Instagram: 

Image result for tsurukoImage result for tsurukoImage result for tsurukoImage result for tsurukoImage result for tsuruko

Posted

I've seen her on ig before. Those circle lenses don't look good on her imo...

Posted

I used to follow her because I though its quite...good that she spread awarness of the drama Pele (aka BONBON aka lilflan) created and was actually really nice and I think she has an account on her which she used to comment on the Bon thread to tell people she's not gonna make peace with her yada yada. But she always uses the same phrases 'sorry guy old selfie this and' and it became repetetive and I got bored so I unfollowed her but low and behold when Bon was active again she was quick to jump on the 'side eye train' judging her again~ idk but as @Serenity mentioned her follower count seems really odd? Gaining +300 followers on one day but eh~

Posted

She's also putting up posts mocking Bon

image.thumb.png.fffe943be57cea321f8ac5d3image.thumb.png.b5ccca12e1927f8456de92dd

I'm not defending Bon but seriously her and creepypeepee went on about Bon being a cyberbully but isn't that what Tsuruko is doing now? Putting up photos mocking her to her followers, frankly I think I'm over all these "famous" cosplayers there all just as catty and snide as each other.

Posted

her wearing circle lenses in every photo is a little irksome, even in the vid where she claims to be "barefaced"

Posted

She could be buying followers or her stuff probably just comes up on a shitload of people's explore pages, I've had to block her recently because it got annoying.. also her hair seems so damn greasy 

Posted

She's also putting up posts mocking Bon

image.thumb.png.fffe943be57cea321f8ac5d3image.thumb.png.b5ccca12e1927f8456de92dd

I'm not defending Bon but seriously her and creepypeepee went on about Bon being a cyberbully but isn't that what Tsuruko is doing now? Putting up photos mocking her to her followers, frankly I think I'm over all these "famous" cosplayers there all just as catty and snide as each other.

Screenshot_2016-04-28-20-37-37.png Well its not just simple name calling :/ sadly Bon was a real bitch to tsuruko if my memory serves me right

Posted (edited)

Edited by Agent Ryder

Posted (edited)

about her saying she is part chinese

personally, i think it's believable, and i never doubted her ancestry. Most non-Asian weebs will try to convince people that they're part Japanese or Korean, but they rarely ever state part Chinese. if they say Chinese, i'd usually believe what they say because weebs don't really put Chinese culture on pedestal like Japanese or Korean. but like Serenity said, it's strange she suddenly put "mixed"

there was one time some asian-wannabes cop accused Tsu of not being Asian and requested her to post picture with her mother. This is what she posted herself. Let me know if it's not appropreate to post this. 

image.png

Edited by tanuki

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure if its appropiate for me to post her family on here, (I do have screenshots) but I found her mothers Facebook and other family members FB as well, it seems she's telling the truth. Even though they take up their father's last name so it seems?

Whereas the mother's last name is Lee. Her mom is the one that is half and half, and tsuruko was born with that small cut of that half. So I guess its correct to say she is "part" something. 

Edit: k so I got thumb down for some reason, can someone at least quote me and tell me how am I wrong. Also I added screenshots but if its inappropriate I can take them down. 

Edit: k nvm I took screenies out from the prior edit

Edited by Offline

Posted

She put up a post a while ago saying she's a quarter Chinese, I don't want to come across as if I'm trying to police her ethnicity but is it really surprising to her that she gets mistaken for Japanese? She admits she's a weeb all her posts have Japanese words like nyaa, kawaii, nico nico ni etc and she posts that she loves sushi/other Japanese food and other things like jidols/jmusic on practically every post, honestly I've never seen her mentioning stuff from her heritage apart from confirming she is Chinese which is a shame China has such a vast culture, idk is it wrong of me to think she kind of enjoys being mistaken for Japanese? Like she likes being seen as the uguu anime girl

image.thumb.png.59c16864a6c5b400a38df819image.thumb.png.49a9ee600ff0c06b875e83a3image.thumb.png.cd2c33817d5261cdde8c57a9

Posted

I have a few friends in the cosplay comm here but i have never ever seen her in my life lol 

Posted

She's really boring imo. The only thing she does is dressing up as nico with a cheesy caption.

Posted

She put up a post a while ago saying she's a quarter Chinese, I don't want to come across as if I'm trying to police her ethnicity but is it really surprising to her that she gets mistaken for Japanese? She admits she's a weeb all her posts have Japanese words like nyaa, kawaii, nico nico ni etc and she posts that she loves sushi/other Japanese food and other things like jidols/jmusic on practically every post, honestly I've never seen her mentioning stuff from her heritage apart from confirming she is Chinese which is a shame China has such a vast culture, idk is it wrong of me to think she kind of enjoys being mistaken for Japanese? Like she likes being seen as the uguu anime girl

image.thumb.png.59c16864a6c5b400a38df819image.thumb.png.49a9ee600ff0c06b875e83a3image.thumb.png.cd2c33817d5261cdde8c57a9

Imo if she really wanted to be 'mistaken' as part Japanese, she wouldn't try so hard to clarify that she was part Chinese. I think it's unfair to assume that she wants to be an 'uguu anime girl', just because she happens to be vocal in her interest in anime and Japanese stuff. 

Posted

Is it me or she looks like a wax figure. Like she could melt if she goes out or if she would get near bbq grills. Lol