• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

Rant Thread

1681 posts in this topic

Posted

Gosh, I hate it so much when YouTubers don't declare something as AD especially when they say I wasn't sponsored but I did get what your seeing in this video for free in exchange for this video. Just becuase someone didnt get paid dosen't mean it cant still be an AD. 

Posted

People on YT need to stop bickering and attacking each other. I watch drama channels but its more so drama that affects consumers or the fan base or just petty shade (usually with reason). But I follow certain communities and i see so much shade and hate thrown around for no reason just because they dont like someone. Like, I follow the true crime community and just petty shit shouldn't  be happening in it. YT really is just becoming drama. I wish another platform would come up for creatives. 

Posted

YouTube has really become a shadow of its former self. Pre 2010s was the last time I remember less click baits, less greedy youtubers, less drama, and less crap. Now everything has become, like comment subscribe -> visit my dozen social media accounts, join my Patreon even though my videos are low effort crap!

I don't know if it's nostalgia, but I actually enjoyed YouTube back then when it was people who did it for fun or had passion, not to make a get rich, low effort career out of it. When the videos became longer and people started partnering with networks, google bought it, the layout being overhauled a dozen times and 10 million ads started playing, I was wondering why I spent a bunch of time surfing to find a decent video and no one seemed to notice these changes, little did I know YouTube had began declining. And the demographic and audiences definitely shifted too.

Posted

Just read up on Mahohon's case and holy fucking shit... If the case itself wasn't sickening and disgusting enough... they even made her APOLOGIZE today??? IN FRONT OF ONE OF THE ASSAULTERS?? I feel physically sick and I wish I could help the poor girl somehow.

Posted

my rant: ordered something expensive (350 euros) with my christmas money, it's shit, i have to return it asap, but now the company is making me pay for shipping. usually german online stores ALWAYS pay for return shipping??

You can sign up with a free Paypal function, then Paypal will refund your return shipping if the vendor doesn't. Look it up!

Posted

my rant: ordered something expensive (350 euros) with my christmas money, it's shit, i have to return it asap, but now the company is making me pay for shipping. usually german online stores ALWAYS pay for return shipping??

You can sign up with a free Paypal function, then Paypal will refund your return shipping if the vendor doesn't. Look it up!

Posted

Why is it so flippin hard to score a job ugh

Posted

I took a year break from playing Enstars because of Hokuto's seiyuu changing (it was a big part for me at the time because he used to be voiced by Hosoyan) but I realised that I still loved Hokuto either way so I got back into playing in April last year for one of his event. However now I feel like I've become unhealthily obsessed with this mobile game. I started spending money on it and on merch and I think I've probably spent hundreds of $$. The recent event just ended and I swore to myself I would rank for his card. I spent the last few days practically sleeping for 3-4h and almost not do anything but play the game just so I would never fall off the ranking, but I ended up falling asleep just an hour before it ended and lo and behold I did fell off the rank since that's the busiest time of any event. I'm mad at myself because I still had tons of diamonds to spend and enough to have reached higher than the border, but I just ended up falling asleep at the most crucial moment. At least I didn't have to spend any money on this event but I'm still devastated because I should have just overshoot my points so I wouldn't have to worry about this happening. I was honestly close to crying when I found out about the result, I don't even know if I'll try for the revival of this event since his card will be at 6.2 million points and being the only card I'm missing, I won't get any other reward. It's ridiculous that I'm feeling this way about a 2D idol game.

I think I might need a break from playing Enstars again.

Posted

god it pisses me off when people’s stories are just a picture of themselves just at a different angle

like i wanna know what’s been going on in ur life, not your face 284737338 times

so self-absorbed lmao

Posted

I wish there were more vegan based miso soups i can buy online or in store thats inexpensive or reeeeally easy to make recipes. Maybe im not finding the right recipes? Also, i accidentally bought a huge multipack of miso soups but theyre fish based and idk if i should just consume it or what. I tried initially when i first got it but then the fish chunks grossed me out. I figured i could strain it but id also rather not eat fish broth. I just hate wasting it. I got a four pack on amazon but its like 13 dollars. 

Posted

god it pisses me off when people’s stories are just a picture of themselves just at a different angle

like i wanna know what’s been going on in ur life, not your face 284737338 times

so self-absorbed lmao

What about selfies with doggy filters?

Posted (edited)

Why is it that the only time people reply to me on things like reddit and other forums is because I've unintentionally pissed them off in some way. I swear, my superpower must be annoying and angering people.

Edited by Gogeta

Posted (edited)

I wished I had a good relationship with my parents but I don't. I envy people who genuinely have great relationships with their parents because I don't have that nor do I think I ever will. That's why I moved 4-5 hrs away from my parents because they are so god damn overbearing and suffocating (especially my mom).

Even talking to my mom on the phone for a little bit makes me want to smash my head into a brick wall. For instance, I'm doing a separate ceremony for me and my husband's Asian side and she always has to throw in "I spent 2k on these silk fabrics blah blah the vendor is so expensive". Ok, but did I EVER ask you that I wanted two different fucking outfits? No! I wanted one and she always has to throw in money and it's so god damn annoying THAT'S why my husband and I chose to do a civil ceremony first and not tell anyone because this whole wedding shit is really a stunt show for our parents... if you're asking me why I'm doing a wedding that they want, it's because I do feel like this is the one thing I can do that will make my mom be REALLY happy since I'm such a disappointment to her (like I didn't walk for my college graduation). Also, at least they'll have the Asian ceremonies as theirs (my parents and his). Our "American" wedding is strictly ours.

Also, I hate it when people say "blood is thicker than water" because that's not really the case for me.

Edited by rosetea
I didn't mean to have doggo/doge meme in my post LOL

Posted (edited)

I wished I had a good relationship with my parents but I don't. I envy people who genuinely have great relationships with their parents because I don't have that nor do I think I ever will. That's why I moved 4-5 hrs away from my parents because they are so god damn overbearing and suffocating (especially my mom).

Hidden Content

dogesmall.jpg

That "blood is thicker than water" is usally pulled out when fam needs something. It ain't that thick when shit goes down though. 

Edited by Fairyduster

Posted

I hate when people think they're entitled to you texting them immediately, especially if you don't even know each other that much. I had an acquaintance that I only saw twice a week for a class and she expected me to text her back quickly as if I was her boyfriend or something. I told her many times I didn't have service on my phone so I'm not receiving anything when I'm taking the subway and I wake up late during vacation break so don't expect me to respond at 7-8AM. Yet during summer, she came over to my house to cut some fabric for a cosplay, got piss mad at me for answering another friend right away when my other friend and I were working on a matching cosplay, wanted the detail to be as close to each other as possible but didn't have much time to meet up with each other since the convention was so close. 

She was always so negative with other people and had this superiority complex over everyone. While in line to get the badge we met up with her classmate and discussed cosplays. Her classmate brought up that she cosplayed this RWBY Cinder because they had the same hair color and I told her that's convenient and that I never thought about doing that since I have never cosplayed a character with black hair, then my friend/acquaintance (idk if I'd even consider her one) proceeded to call me fake for wearing a blonde wig. She'd thrown in how she was so cute in her outfit and throw snidey comments that at least she's not wearing a maid outfit, knowing full well that I was gonna wear one with my friend 9_9