• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

Rant Thread

1681 posts in this topic

Posted

My vision has been wonky lately, like my eyes not being able to stay focused on objects close to me  And its irritating . Especially when you start becoming a hypochondriac and seeing shit about tumors and cancer. I was just at the doctors in october though and she said my eyes were fine beside having poor vision. And idk if I can afford going and getting a brain scan... 

Posted (edited)

I dislike people who turn their backs on people who care about them, and only care about their own damn stupid little ego.

I would not miss people who fake mental illness to get attention and act like a spoiled baby and get away with it. Fucking awful people.

Edited by Gogeta

Posted

wtf is with all these spam bots on PULL?

Posted

So I cant sleep, its literally 6am already and I slept 2 hours. Its wise men's day which means my nephews are waking up in an hour to open presents and I cant go back to sleep cause I'm supposed to go to my grandma's for lunch.

Someone kill me, I have been a whole week without sleeping at all

Posted

I should lower my expectations about people on this website. I keep forgetting this is a gossip website ffs, lmao people are gonna be petty/high-horsey no matter what.

Posted

I've been having this pent up frustration that I don't get to spend quality time with my husband ever. He works 6 days a week with his regular job and he has a 2nd job where he serves since I'm not working... I just wished he worked a regular 9-5 job because it's getting frustrating not having him with me for more than 5hrs... 

I even told him I'm getting to the point where I just want to pick up some random job like serving/bartending/retail so that he can quit the 2nd job but he doesn't want to since he wants me to focus on getting a job that I enjoy since my last job took a toll on me and my mental health. I just wished he work a regular office job so that we're able to do certain things that don't require him to take the weekends off when they're already given to him.

Also, I've been on the hunt for a job since August and haven't had any great leads. Been to a lot of interviews and had a ton of phone interviews but not one fucking catch.

Posted

I live in a small apartment building on the fourth/top floor and yesterday there was a fire in a home on the first floor. Nothing big happened like nobody got hurt or any other homes were effected, but everything still smells like smoke and this person's home seems to be completely ruined. I wasn't at home during this because I was eating with my grandparents for my birthday and I'm kinda glad I wasn't because I would probably have freaked tf out. This building is very old and there no emergency exit or stairs in case of a fire so if there's a big fire I would have been fucked honestly. 

My mom also told me she having relationship problems again with her boyfriend, they have had since last year (they've been together for about 4 years) but now it seems to really be nearing the end for real. My mom is still hoping they stay together though. I never disliked her boyfriend, we were always on good terms but about a year ago we got in a fight in which he became physically violent. My mom had a mental breakdown after that and basically wanted me out of the house. The story is more complicated but in short: shit was traumatizing but after a few months I managed to get myself the place I'm living in now. 

My mom is just insecure and afraid of dying alone. She's hella naive for wanting to stay with this guy. He's being a typical man and not giving her a straight answer but at the same time giving her her stuff back and taking his which makes my mom still feel hopeful. Yesterday at my birthday she was constantly trying not to cry. Although my mom failed to protect me from her boyfriend and fucking kicked me out broke all my trust and I still find it hard to trust her everything, I still care about her and this fucks me up. That whole fight between her boyfriend and me started because he made my mom cry and I stood up to him.

I didn't say it but I really hope they break up. I just hope my mom is going to get therapy after this and doesn't reactivate her dating profile right away. 

Posted

I know this weeb girl who loves Japan and thinks they're the best country in the world. I'm part Japanese and it annoys me to no end when she tries to claim that Japanese people aren't racist, everyone's accepting and nice, etc. etc. basically saying that Japan is the best country in the world. Keep in mind she knows minimal to no Japanese and went to Japan once to visit her friend. She's claimed that everyone there was sooooo nice to her -- which I'm sure was true, but she seems to reject the idea that Japan is xenophobic but still excessively polite because that's how society is there. 

I know this is awful but she's also kind of overweight so I'm dying to know what people were saying about her behind her back :meowplz:

Posted

There is a lot of two faced people on the internet, I see this a lot. Reddit especially. Gives off a nice, chill place but really go against the grain and they will be condescending and smug, feels like most of them have integrated into a generic Reddit personality, I cannot differentiate most users. At least idiots on YouTube comments sections or something openly express their horrible personality, no mind tricks.

Posted

-My boss has to be the most passive aggressive and condescending person I've had the displeasure of working with. She's got a awful habit of micromanaging and trying to control all departments of the work place, while the main spot she controls is usually in shambles bc shes sooo focused on what everyone else is doing that she barely trained the new workers so they have no clue whats going on and are prone to messing up the flow.

-I hardly care to date but god i hope the next guy i meet is legitimately interested in me as a person and isn't buttering me up just to sleep with me. Bc what happens is: if i don't they usually ignore me or make me feel like shit and that my personality, goals, talents etc aren't interesting enough to even consider courting me openly. I know im worth more than my body but I'm sick of men who make me degrade myself for not being open to casual sex or letting them use me.

-my mental health has improved only for my physical health to slowly decline and its just stressing me out bc healthcare in the uk might be free but the doctors are so callous and don't pay any attention to me when i express what it is and im scared it might end up being more serious than expected.

Posted

I know this weeb girl who loves Japan and thinks they're the best country in the world. I'm part Japanese and it annoys me to no end when she tries to claim that Japanese people aren't racist, everyone's accepting and nice, etc. etc. basically saying that Japan is the best country in the world. Keep in mind she knows minimal to no Japanese and went to Japan once to visit her friend. She's claimed that everyone there was sooooo nice to her -- which I'm sure was true, but she seems to reject the idea that Japan is xenophobic but still excessively polite because that's how society is there. 

I know this is awful but she's also kind of overweight so I'm dying to know what people were saying about her behind her back :meowplz:

Wow, Japanese people are polite to tourist for many reasons, to look well mannered, to attract more tourists, etc. But they don't do it because they're nice or care about you, at least most don't. I'm not 100% sure though, but I have a relative in Japan, and he said that once you actually live there, they treat you differently, even to other asian cultures. He married a Japanese lady and has been there for like a decade + so I believe him.

Your weeb girl also reminds me of this white girl I knew in high school, who grew up in China, and think it, Japan and Korea are the best countries in the world as well even though they are far from perfect. I don't know how you live in China and think it's good. I thought it was corrupt over there and the drivers are insanely reckless.

Posted

Idk how to stop binging :(  I know its simple  but I have no self control. I have had plain tea and water, then a sushi roll at work, two when I got home.  And then I made pancakes.  And i also had two kids Clifton bars at work  ugh. :( I'm not that tall,  so I know my calorie range but I've been having issues getting down to eating less. I had it down good until fall came around. I'm going through coffee and energy drink withdrawal since I quit those this past week. And I know I need more sleep. It's just easier said than done for me. 

Posted

Can people just for a day, to stop posting literally EVERYTHING to their social media feed? Please be considerate especially to the people working backstage :alpacasad: (partly work rant since I'm in Content filtering work right now)

No one cares what you eat for your breakfast to your supper, no one wants to know you're hospitalized and is attempting self-harm.  No one wants to know if your house is on fire or you're drowning (call 999/110/119 instead seriously), and no one pays attention to the so-called "wise words of love" from you.

Stop showing your skin excessively then report and cry that some creeps and fuckbois are pestering you with their diccpiccs, you're basically asking for them to when you post these kinds of photos.

Posted

Social media is a plague. Sick of it.

Posted

Idk how to stop binging :(  I know its simple  but I have no self control. I have had plain tea and water, then a sushi roll at work, two when I got home.  And then I made pancakes.  And i also had two kids Clifton bars at work  ugh. :( I'm not that tall,  so I know my calorie range but I've been having issues getting down to eating less. I had it down good until fall came around. I'm going through coffee and energy drink withdrawal since I quit those this past week. And I know I need more sleep. It's just easier said than done for me. 

it could just be a winter thing (assuming you live in a country where it's winter rn). i'm usually good at restraining myself during spring/summer/early fall but as soon as winter rolls around i eat like a pig and binge all the time. :alpacadone:

my rant: ordered something expensive (350 euros) with my christmas money, it's shit, i have to return it asap, but now the company is making me pay for shipping. usually german online stores ALWAYS pay for return shipping?? another 10 euros down the drain, i guess. not like i'm still waiting on my financial aid for students, which is behind four months by now. 10 euros could buy me food for an entire week. :alpacamad: