Rant Thread

1244 posts in this topic

Posted

I love reading webtoons but holy shit are the commenters annoying. 

"But you can ignore them!" Yes, I can, but I still wanna bitch somewhere.

A lot of them only care if something has gaaaaay in it, webtoons even going as far as making that a selling point (winter moon is garbage) 

They all seem like teenagers stuck in their yaoi phases. 

Posted (edited)

Anyone ever been forced into a non commital relationship? Let me explain so I turned down a fellow twice. Kindly but no vagueness to it. He seemed to understand.

Weeks later he tells other people that we are a 'geek couple' which I presume is a relationship built solely on the his impression that 'we are perfect for each other' because we have common interests but we're not together because...geeks are awkward? Erm isn't that called friends? I didn't sign up for this. I'm annoyed because I thought we were good friends and not in a quasi-relationship. If this had been one offhand remark I'd ignore it but he has been clinging closer and closer saying stuff like 'I wish we could spend more time together' and I just want to shout WE'RE NOT TOGETHER 😡 sorry have had no place to rant about this

Edited by AudreyLah

Posted (edited)

Ah people that have to point out every single small *problematic* thing about literally anything from movies to music makes me absolutely stressed out and mad. Like for example "oh you can't like that movie bc that one guy did something terrible once" "if you like that actress you are problematic yourself" asthwjehfgdjhsjgf makes me angry that i can't enjoy anything bc i am afraid of something being wrong with it

Like, I can and want to acknowledge the problematic aspect of something, but it doesn't mean I am going to quit liking it (it really depends on the situation f.ex i don't like any of the movies kevin spacey has been in anymore bc it feels so uncomfortable liking it now and I don't want to support him, but i'm not going to stop enjoying k-pop even though I know the k-pop show biz is problematic af)

I have just come down to the conclusion that if you want to nitpick at literally anything, then you yourself can't like anything bc it'll make you a hypocrite since anything, yes anything, is problematic. I'd rather enjoy stuff than trying to be 100% unproblematic cause it ain't realistic mate. 

Also I hate that a lot of people immediately label you as a fucking weeaboo or koreaboo for casually liking anime or k-pop. I just like it, I don't have any plans on becoming another ethnicity, I like my european self thank you very much. 

Edited by tea time

Posted

Ah people that have to point out every single small *problematic* thing about literally anything from movies to music makes me absolutely stressed out and mad. Like for example "oh you can't like that movie bc that one guy did something terrible once" "if you like that actress you are problematic yourself" asthwjehfgdjhsjgf makes me angry that i can't enjoy anything bc i am afraid of something being wrong with it

Like, I can and want to acknowledge the problematic aspect of something, but it doesn't mean I am going to quit liking it (it really depends on the situation f.ex i don't like any of the movies kevin spacey has been in anymore bc it feels so uncomfortable liking it now and I don't want to support him, but i'm not going to stop enjoying k-pop even though I know the k-pop show biz is problematic af)

I have just come down to the conclusion that if you want to nitpick at literally anything, then you yourself can't like anything bc it'll make you a hypocrite since anything, yes anything, is problematic. I'd rather enjoy stuff than trying to be 100% unproblematic cause it ain't realistic mate. 

Also I hate that a lot of people immediately label you as a fucking weeaboo or koreaboo for casually liking anime or k-pop. I just like it and I don't have any plans on becoming another ethnicity, I like my european self thank you very much. 

1) love your picture.

2) I totally agree. Policing every little thing is just stressful. Being politically correct doesn't make you a good person, it's honestly a waste of time. People just do it to feel superior and have a reason to look down on others. No person, industry, hobby, or system is perfect and people need to get over it. Liking something while acknowledging that it has flaws is what normal people do. It's called context! If someone can't do this and insists on giving up the "problematic" thing, they're just childish. 

3) The general stereotypical view of Asia (including China, India, and all other Asian countries) is the real problem. It's either extremely desired fantasy land or extremely hated cringe. It's either amazing and technologically advanced, or backwards politics and poverty. No middle ground. Not like Asia is more than 50% of the world and is full of real normal people. Anything involving Asia has to be "wow, so shocking, so extreme" - this distant land, so mysterious.

Also, casual fans of k-pop are so disrespected. It's music, it sounds good. The dancing is good. It's not that deep. (That goes for all fandoms actually). 

Posted

I hate my company.

My boss is the biggest douchebag on the entire planet.

I cannot wait until this Gru looking motherfucker gets transferred.

I'm hopefully leaving in April, but in the meantime I will be harassed by this jerk, who scolded me for yawning.

He literally told me "We don't pay you to yawn".

Yawning is involuntary, you twat and I wouldn't yawn so much if I wasn't sick for like a month with terrible allergies...which you are aware of but never actually considered as a valid reason I might be yawning a lot. Oh, or the fact that you make me work until close and open so much despite the fact that I have dutifully worked for this company for four years.

Posted

do yall know that feeling of calm before the storm except the "calm" is awful already 

Posted

do yall know that feeling of calm before the storm except the "calm" is awful already 

All too well. That boss now has a vendetta against me and is just waiting for me to fuck up so he can jump in and attack me. 

Today he asked another teacher to listen to my lessons fr an hour and a half and make sure I'm not making any mistakes...even though iveI been teaching for four years and this isn't a common practice in our company. 

The teacher advised me to lay low and keep my head down so that I don't get further on his shit list...but I don't know if that's even possible since I'm already not allowed to yawn.

Posted

Can honestly say I dont trust the police and am afraid of them. Seeing people that look like me getting killed uneccessarily over and over is just draining. Its been happening though...its just getting more media coverage these past few years.  If the police can literally shoot you in the confines of your home for no good reason and get protection (Botham Jean), than they can do anything

Posted

I love reading webtoons but holy shit are the commenters annoying. 

"But you can ignore them!" Yes, I can, but I still wanna bitch somewhere.

A lot of them only care if something has gaaaaay in it, webtoons even going as far as making that a selling point (winter moon is garbage) 

They all seem like teenagers stuck in their yaoi phases. 

I hate the 'edit: OMG I CANT BELIEVE I HAVE SO MANY LIKES' comments

webtoons is cool and all but the ads make me cringe and they incorrectly advertise the material.

Posted (edited)

just realized how annoying some of my family members are when there are guys around. they start talking louder, making more stupid jokes, and giggling over stupid stuff... like good grief get a hold of yourself.

this woman needs to shut up about her kids and stop making everything a competition. 'you went hiking? WELL we went hiking 6 months ago and the mountain we went on was WAY steeper and harder than the one you went to.' 'oh you collect these items? do you have more or does my kid have more? how much do you have?' LIKE BITCH PLEASE the last time you were looking down on me saying it was a waste of money and shit but once your kid likes the same shit OH MY KID LIKES IT MORE THAN YOU BECAUSE THEY BOUGHT AND HAVE MORE ITEMS.

Edited by maiviam

Posted

Wtf is with people who think they can just park ACROSS multiple parking spaces? Learn how a parking space works instead of just hogging them like an animal

Posted

Anyone else hate it when people cosplay and can’t do makeup right to resemble a character? I see quite a few cosplayers cosplay as... let’s say, for example, Love Live!, and they have IG brows. I think it’s so ugly and really kills the entire cosplay. I apply this to professional/famous cosplayers only btw haha

Posted

Okay so I was dating someone and got dumped. I go to tinder, wanting someone to take me out a couple of times or something, made this clear when I met this guy. So we meet up, he lies about going on a date, we hook up and he immediately kicks me out. I automatically go from thinking "Oh, maybe he's interested in dating seriously?" to "Oh, he just wants to fuck a couple of times". I get a boyfriend, like a serious boyfriend a couple weeks after I had first hooked up with this guy. After he finds out about my bf, he basically spams me everyday with "Who are you with?" "Let's hang out"(meaning he wants to fuck, idk why he thinks i dont know) and "Wyd? Who are you with?". I tell him I'm WITH MY BOYFRIEND and he keeps harassing me anyways, despite me telling him I'm on the verge of ghosting him because of how obnoxious he is. 

What pisses me off about this is that he never gave a fuck or was too busy when I was single still, but once I'm done rebounding he's like trying to act like we're serious. He keeps asking me out on dates and shit, despite me telling him the ship sailed and he's shitty. I asked him what he thought we were today, and he said "I thought we were bf/gf?". Um, what bf kicks out their """"gf"""" as soon as they finish having sex and refuses to ever meet before 11pm? Yeah, no. So I told him to fuck off, because I had someone I was serious about and it wasn't him. He called me a slut, but at least I don't get spam texts every morning anymore. 

Posted

Wanted to support a small indie artist/musician and buy their CD but the shipping was more expensive than the actual CD. Super disappointed...