• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Rant Thread

3233 posts in this topic

Posted

Girl if anyone is oversensitive it is that crazy woman. It's really understandable to get hurt and question yourself when someone just scolds you intensely like that and won't let you explain yourself. But you don't have to question yourself. This is the type of woman who you don't want to have as a mother in law. Oh my lord you don't. Go read some stories on reddit about on r/justnomil or r/talesfromretail , r/Idontworkherelady. Your story really reminds me of the people featured in those. She's just the typical dramatic nosy woman who looks down on other people. As if you don't know how to take care of your cats. You don't have to take anything she said personally or even seriously. I think you did the right thing to clean that cat. You did it one time right? Nothing wrong with that.

Yes I only did it once! I looked up the stuff she said about "stripping her of her natural oils" and that only happens if I bath them too much. Too much being more than once a year or so.

i grew up with cats and we would clean them every couple years, (maybe once a year if we thought fitting). I even cleaned some of the ferral cats after hurricane harvey cuz well...poop water was everywhere.

i just hope she doesn't try to take away my foster. she is making great progress but she is clearly new to home life and needs a little extra help. She's a great cat, just never had a chance. 

Posted (edited)

Edited by PineappleVera

Posted

when people say it's all about the personality, not appearance.

It's always about appearance.

its a mixture of both, but mostly appearance. it kinda shows what type of person you are.

Posted (edited)

its a mixture of both, but mostly appearance. it kinda shows what type of person you are.

Edited by PineappleVera

Posted (edited)

Whenever I meet with this friend she always makes a joke regarding the fact I'm mixed race but "came out white" . I don't see the joke, seeing she herself is a pasty ass brit 100 times paler than me. I always get people questioning my look, because I "don't look like" where I'm from. Even though it's the most racially diverse country in the world. People always discussing that oh, I'm actually not that pale. Oh I can see you're that race, no I can't see you're that race you look like x instead.

... Exhausting. Please leave me alone. I'm tired of your opinions. My race and identity isn't up for you to discuss. Tbh I look very Latina, with a bit of the indigenous mix imo so all these other opinions just confuse me even tho they shouldn't  Just because I'm not tall, dark skin, humongous ass and long sleek hair doesn't mean you can question my roots. It's always the whitest people discussing it anyway. Like my boss once said the the area around my eyes and the bridge of my nose are "very African" what... But I also had some black friends say "I can't join the club" because they don't believe I'm mixed... What? As if I gotta prove anything to anybody.

I'm SICK of debating race. 

Edited by kiwi

Posted

I'm so confused about what to feel towards my family it's getting so frustrating

I have so much to be thankful for, but I just don't want to put through with their close-minded, homophobic, racist, and victim-blaming selves anymore

Posted (edited)

When I warned my friend about a taxi driving BACKWARDS THAT ALMOST HIT US, she said I'm dramatic and should stop being so anxious

okay then9_9

Edited by Objection!

Posted

Whenever I meet with this friend she always makes a joke regarding the fact I'm mixed race but "came out white" . I don't see the joke, seeing she herself is a pasty ass brit 100 times paler than me. I always get people questioning my look, because I "don't look like" where I'm from. Even though it's the most racially diverse country in the world. People always discussing that oh, I'm actually not that pale. Oh I can see you're that race, no I can't see you're that race you look like x instead.

... Exhausting. Please leave me alone. I'm tired of your opinions. My race and identity isn't up for you to discuss. Tbh I look very Latina, with a bit of the indigenous mix imo so all these other opinions just confuse me even tho they shouldn't  Just because I'm not tall, dark skin, humongous ass and long sleek hair doesn't mean you can question my roots. It's always the whitest people discussing it anyway. Like my boss once said the the area around my eyes and the bridge of my nose are "very African" what... But I also had some black friends say "I can't join the club" because they don't believe I'm mixed... What? As if I gotta prove anything to anybody.

I'm SICK of debating race. 

same tbh I’m very mixed (white, black & asian) literal strangers trying to guess my race and people giving me weird looks when I’m with my mother make me want to punch a wall

Posted (edited)

here's some dumb petty garbage, i guess...

a girl from high school blocked me a few months ago. (on snapchat, ig, and facebook)
we haven't seen one another in over a year. i was never nasty to her, even when she (get this!) was in a group project with me and another girl, and proceeded to ask that girl if she can come over and work on the project with her. didn't ask/suggest/tell me to come along or anything... then she told the teacher i wasn't participating with the group, and that she was doing all the work... :alpacabored:

honestly? that's my only beef with her, and i've hardly confronted her about it. her blocking me wouldn't really bother me as much if:

1. her dad didn't add me on facebook prior
2. my dad wasn't friends with her relatives 
3. she blocked my friend for constantly picking on her weight 
4. she didn't try to befriend me multiple times 

if i did something, i would have hoped that she would confront me about it. but i'm left with a weird sense of anxiety over not knowing what i did wrong.

Edited by グミデス ♡

Posted

vaping needs to stop

i'm tired of being hit by a big cloud everytime i walk down the street

i hate that i have to ninja out of the way to avoid it 

Posted

so like my friend group consists of me and 3 others, of which 1 is a guy.  we used to talk everyday and everyone was there for everyone. they know I have depression and whatnot. 
Recently whenever I feel extremely bad Im not sure if I should go to them for advice, because often when I tell them Im close to tears or a panic attack no one replies or they conveniently read over my messages. 
Whenever one of them feels bad about something they wont stop until everyone has replied with compliments. 
One of them has even said to me : oh semivillain, even if we havent talked in months I can still come to you with my problems! but I was like ....I dont want to be there just to listen to your problems while no one cares about mine.

Posted (edited)

Edited by ---

Posted

everyone in my friend group (including myself) agreed we're not too fond of one girl we all know and have tried to hang out with before but one friend keeps insisting on inviting her to our outings bc she likes her, making the rest of us internally groan 

last week it was two girls would invite her bc the rest of us would just go "ehhhh sure invite her" but the other friend lost all tolerance for the girl when said girl elbowed her way into making friend drive her to the grocery store (~15 minutes away but it's still fkcing rude to invite yourself esp when someones DRIVING you. this friend isn't even from the area and was driving there for the first time). i didn't go but another friend went as backup (which was really fcking great of her i love her) and said it was awful. none of us are really compatible with this girl....our conversations dont ever go really far. she's really pushy and aggressive too which doesn't go well with the rest of us who are passive aggressive little bitches lol. 

the one friend who still likes this girl is making me especially feel bad for not being too fond of this girl. today she went under the table to invite her to our dinner bc she knew if she'd asked the rest of us would say "no:) maybe another time". i caught her texting this girl and was kinda jokingly like "whaaat you invited her??" and she got really defensive about it. it's not wrong to not get along with somebody right? 

this girl cant take a hint for her life either so she believes we all like her because of our friend who does. ofc we (me especially) need to be nice to her but if we keep hanging out with her, the ~deeper~ our friendship will seem to her. i know i sound like a movie mean girl but im getting really pissed off about it. 

Posted

トゥエンティー・トゥエンティー is the stupidest idea that ever was in the works. Wth, old man. And there everyone thought it's a joke, is that old guy thinking of anything else nowadays? Everything is stupid 2020, we don't need 40 kids that no one knows in one group...

Posted (edited)

sigh to vent my recent misery: we have a new colleague that joined my tiny team (there is only 3 of us, well with her we are 4). she has been with us for about 5 months. My job requires a lot of account auditing, analysing data, building reporting and database management. A lot of the data we pull ends up in Excel files. When she started she didn't know how to apply in filter to a line.

I recently went out for holidays after waiting for a LONG time. Since there were changes to a process I trained her for about a month, showing her how to do it the first week, then handing small portions to her the second week, giving her more responsiblities the third week and then she was supposed to work on it herself in the fourth week. 

She constantly took notes (since it was new we had a very basic process document and a short screen recording on how to do it) so I thought it was fine by the time I was out for 2 weeks.

Boy was I wrong....

I came back and my manager asked me if I could create better process documents immediately since it seemed they were completely overwhelmed when I was out (the other 2 to be fair had a lot on their plate as we were going towards the end of the quarter which can be hectic and had little time to support our “newbie” but she had 4 weeks of experience and plenty of notes)

Usually the process docs take about a week to complete considering there is more work I need to look after than just the doc. I finished the first one for the first part of the process, still jet lagged and behind on my mails, in 3 days so that she would have the doc ready for the following week so that I could focus in the second part that is usually done at the end of the week and finish that while she was testing my draft for the first part. She asked if I could finish the doc before end of Thursday that she has enough time. So I did my best to finish the doc and was done before lunch on Thursday and I was wrecked because I made it so detailed describing every little detail, taking screenshots, covering all systems and templates, literally fool proofing the thing. (out global colleagues had a laugh when I showed them to what level of detail I had to document things because the miss can't think for herself, their document was 2 pages long with screenshots both my docs had 21 pages and 20 pages)

She got stuck at step 2.....so I explained it to her and asked her to see if the wording should be changed and that she should take notes considering this is the first draft and that she should keep going if she can and ask only if she is really stuck stuck.

And to be fair the process docs we had for other things I know she failed to understand them because she skipped steps/was reading half of the instructions in a step while going through it complaining it was incomplete so whenever she is saying she doesn't understand something I have to stop myself from asking if she read all of it. 

She got stuck again and she asked if she could ask a question and I asked why (in this case really no snark on my side) and she flipped that I shoudl sit with her explaining her the document and help her instead of doing something else(keeping in mind that I had something our manager wanted me to take care of over the week that I was finally able to look after on FRIDAY). That the document was shit if she didn't understand it. That she refuses to continue using it in order to see if the rest was any good. She then went away from her desk fuming and I think she did not continue using the doc but her notes (which she apparently couldn't do while I was out of office) I was so baffled and actually it hurt a lot. I worked really hard for her to have something to make her life easier and to explain EVERYTHING to her. *sigh* my next meeting with my manager is going to be fun. She is on probation and to be honest I don't see a future for her in our line of work where you need to be independent and need to take charge and fix things if needed and you need to know how to talk to peers and stake holders in higher management (which she also is not capable of as she wants templates for emails that are 2 liners in the likes of: yes we did the thing, let me know if there are any further questions or concerns.) 

Edited by kami_kami
removing typos