• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Rant Thread

3788 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Edited by lumin

Posted

Thought I'd come back to this thread because I need to get some more things off my chest:

This relates to my last post actually. So basically the guy that likes me has now started messaging me even more than before, I thought it was bad enough getting bombarded with three notifications and now I often get up to ten at once. Some of the questions he's asking me are getting pretty personal and I don't feel comfortable answering them. This is as he's a friend, but we're just not that close. I'm finding it hard to stay calm and polite towards him, I find myself often ignoring my messages almost all the time. Then, just when I thought he'd finally left me alone, I found out that he's been stalking all my online accounts and has also looked at family members' accounts. I mean I get that he likes me and even though I don't like him back he's obviously still allowed to have a crush on me, however, I just feel like he's crossed the line and is becoming a borderline stalker at this point. Quite frankly he's destroyed any chance he might have ever had with me because stalking is behaviour that's just a huge warning sign for me. I just don't know what to do. I'm considering blocking him on all social media and just steering clear of him whenever I can, it would be for the best. This is the second time I've had stalkers and it makes me really uncomfortable. I'll put the other instance of stalking under spoilers if anyone cares enough to read it:

The last time I was stalked I was 15 years old. Basically, I was on holiday with a friend (who was 16 at the time) and we were just hanging out in the arcade area that was on our campsite. I noticed these two guys staring at us from across the room, they looked slightly older than us (around 18-20 I'd say) and it was quite unsettling. I decided to just brush it off because my friend said I was probably just being paranoid. A few minutes later, as we left,  I saw them taking pictures of us on their phones and at this point I started to worry. That evening we were sat in the entertainment hall with my friends parents who decided to stay later than us so we began to head out. As we were leaving the two guys were stood at the door like they were waiting for us. They then asked how old we were while following us, we were freaked out and decided to ignore them and run for it. Thankfully, we managed to loose them on our way back to our tent. The following day in the evening we were sat in the pub waiting for our food and this girl comes over to us and asks to sit with us because all her friends left, we agree and make friends with her. To get into all the facilities we needed this card (which I had to lie about my age on as you had to be 16), I managed to loose mine at this point (this is relevant later). We all head to the arcade together, by the entrance the guys were there again and we just ignored them and walked past. They insulted the new friend we had made and she seemed annoyed with them. After a while in the arcade our friend said she needed the toilet and that we should wait for her. We waited over 15 minutes and she didn't return so we just figured she'd ditched us. To our surprise there she was with the two guys who smirked when they saw us. I saw them holding a card, I just assumed it was theirs, but then I realised it was actually mine. It had my birthday, age and the plot that our tent was on. Later that evening we see our 'friend' again who smiles as us and walks off ahead. I then saw those two guys lurking around the corner and I whispered to my friend to warn her. They tailed us all around the campsite, we tried walking lots to try to get them off track but they were persistent. I was honestly so terrified at this point because I was only 15 and we were alone in the middle of the night with no one else around so had something happened we would have been doomed. At this point we were so scared that we ran and managed to get to our tent. We then hear the guys outside and almost have a heart attack. I really thought we were doomed, but thankfully my friends parents got back just at that moment so we heard the guys leave. When we got back one of the guys stalked all my social media accounts constantly commenting and trying to message me. I blocked him and hoped he'd stop. Luckily for me he did. This story may not seem like much, but as I was 15 it made me feel really helpless and just downright terrified.

To the guy that this all concerns: If you've stalked me enough to find this post, please just stop. I'm through being nice, this is the final straw and I won't tolerate your behaviour anymore. Stalking is very serious and won't be taken lightly.

Posted

I dont get sellerss who delete negative ratings. Why? its not just mines why delete two one that acutallly showed the broken fucken cup you decided to sell us!! Why delete all those negative ratings?!

Posted

I dont get sellerss who delete negative ratings. Why? its not just mines why delete two one that acutallly showed the broken fucken cup you decided to sell us!! Why delete all those negative ratings?!

I agree with you on this, also when they say things like "Be sure to leave us 5 star ratings!"... I'll leave 5 stars if you actually deliver on what you're promising, sure.

Posted

I've been getting really frustrated with my group of friends because I've been feeling very ignored and brushed off, they never acknowledge the toxic people and they never call them out for being shit heads.
Spoiler (that I think I fucked up, sorry I'm new >> ) for length 

Hidden Content

you don't sound like you're in the wrong at all. They both sound toxic!! if you don't enjoy being around them then don't talk to or hang around them anymore. I know it's hard if it's a group of mutal friends but you shouldn't be forced to put up with their crap. No one needs that negativity.

i hate speaking english. im an intelligent girl but english is my third language so my sentences are always so limited. its not hard, i speak it basically fluently but i still have issues with sentences. and because of that people think im dumber than i am just because i dont know that exact word or know exactly how to put that sentence together for the best result. and its annoying as heck. 

english speakers: imagine having to go a whole day without using the letter "e". imagine how many times you would have to stop to think of a better word or how many times you would have to change the structure of your sentence.

I'm sorry people treat you differently for that. You'll get better with it over time (i think you're already doing a great job tbh) Just remember those are usually the most closed minded ignorant people who probably don't even know another language. I think it's awesome you know 3 languages!!! :alpacawink:

Posted

I don't think children complete a woman (or a relationship/marriage). I hate it when my married friends who all have babies tell me I need one to be happy. No, no I do not. I'm happy with my life, and I do not want children. Ever. 

^agreed. Sure some women want them but some don't. I wish people would just accept that some women REALLY don't want to have them. They're not obligated to. It's their life and body like let it go. No meeting the 'right' guy won't necessarily change their mind. Or people will say just that "you'll change your mind when you're older" like giiiive me a break 

Posted (edited)

I really hate my normal facial expression. Just a relax normal expression not my overall face. I see posts that baddies on social media always try to pull by captioning the picture with "i have a natural bitch face"  no. No you don't. i see you straining your overlapping huge false eyelashes eyes, pouting your mouth and your nose pulling.That's not your "natural bitchface".It frustrates me anytime anyone says, "you look mad" because no i'm not mad. I'm completely fine. I just wish i didnt have a "bitch face" and for people to stop thinking that i'm mean just because my face looks a certain way. To be very honest I'm almost never mad. Usually i'm always laughing, I don't understand why people keep saying i look mean :alpacadone:

Edited by P.O
fixing sentences

Posted (edited)

Facebook mom-mobs are the most annoying people I've ever come across. You can comment on literally any article, for example an article about dogs, and some mom-mobster will come in with a counter argument as to why dogs are evil.

...And if you disagree with them, you're automatically ignorant and support child death because wow, you fucking like dogs over cats.

Or another example: I commented briefly about my own experience with getting insurance to cover a tooth fix a previous dentist fucked up. Some woman comes in and tells me insurance covers everything BECAUSE IT DID FOR HER. So it means anyone who says their insurance doesn't cover anything are liars, because HER INSURANCE DOES.

I hate people like that. I just add them to my block list.

^agreed. Sure some women want them but some don't. I wish people would just accept that some women REALLY don't want to have them. They're not obligated to. It's their life and body like let it go. No meeting the 'right' guy won't necessarily change their mind. Or people will say just that "you'll change your mind when you're older" like giiiive me a break 

My new boyfriend is a family guy. He has this whole family life planned somewhere down the road, and I'm his one he wants to be with. Meanwhile I'm screaming on the inside because I have no idea how to break it to him that I don't want to have kids. I realize that realistically, the two of us will never stay together forever given our goals in life, and that's really gotten me down. Why are these decisions always so complicated? Sigh.

Being with him just hasn't changed how I feel about marriage and kids. Maybe something is wrong with me.

Edited by 20

Posted

first of all, there is nothing wrong with you for not wanting to have children. I'm honestly so sick of society trying to push that mindset on people especially women. You don't have to prove or validate your love for someone by having their child. If you're afraid of literally giving birth you could always adopt or get a surrogate mother. But if having and raising a child is not for you then that's perfectly okay. Don't let those negative thoughts get you down, and don't listen to people trying to guilt/convince you otherwise. it's not worth it. And I sure it's nerve wracking but you should talk to your SO about it. He may be more open minded and understanding than what you think. Hope everything works out for you!! :alpacacrush:

Not really a rant, but...:

I don't get why the ancients cursed Imhotep the way that they did. Like, you'd think they'd curse him with endless suffering and misery... not super powers and strength. I mean, where is that logic? Rick and Evie had to fend off this undead bald guy who wanted to bring his dead girlfriend back to life. Couldn't they have cursed him with a small dick or no dick at all? ????

I've always wondered this myself. Or why not curse him so he and his lover could never reunite/be together again? Wouldn't that hurt the worst?

Posted

first of all, there is nothing wrong with you for not wanting to have children. I'm honestly so sick of society trying to push that mindset on people especially women. You don't have to prove or validate your love for someone by having their child. If you're afraid of literally giving birth you could always adopt or get a surrogate mother. But if having and raising a child is not for you then that's perfectly okay. Don't let those negative thoughts get you down, and don't listen to people trying to guilt/convince you otherwise. it's not worth it. And I sure it's nerve wracking but you should talk to your SO about it. He may be more open minded and understanding than what you think. Hope everything works out for you!! :alpacacrush:

I've always wondered this myself. Or why not curse him so he and his lover could never reunite/be together again? Wouldn't that hurt the worst?

I won't rule out adopting in future, but having kids and having a life with kids is something I have no desire for at this point in time. 

The only reason I feel guilty about is that my guy longs to drop dad-jokes. I love his idea of a life -- his future goals and all. Of course he's never pressured me or put me in a corner over the whole kids subject, and I suspect he already knows how I feel, but doesn't want to mention it to me for the same reason I back-out of telling him in return. Children is really the only topic we're worlds apart on despite our other differences.

LONG STORY SHORT: thank you so much for lending me an ear! I appreciate your advice and kind words. I'll have a go at talking to him as soon as we're both over our New Year's hangover. :alpacacrush:

Hope you had a good one!

i wonder what tom cruise' version of The Mummy has to offer tbh

Posted

I won't rule out adopting in future, but having kids and having a life with kids is something I have no desire for at this point in time. 

The only reason I feel guilty about is that my guy longs to drop dad-jokes. I love his idea of a life -- his future goals and all. Of course he's never pressured me or put me in a corner over the whole kids subject, and I suspect he already knows how I feel, but doesn't want to mention it to me for the same reason I back-out of telling him in return. Children is really the only topic we're worlds apart on despite our other differences.

LONG STORY SHORT: thank you so much for lending me an ear! I appreciate your advice and kind words. I'll have a go at talking to him as soon as we're both over our New Year's hangover. :alpacacrush:

Hope you had a good one!

i wonder what tom cruise' version of The Mummy has to offer tbh

anytime! Happy new year for you too!

I'm more or less in the same boat as you. Thankfully I have a few nephew(s)/nieces and young cousins. I like spoiling and spending time with them but once I've had enough I can always send them back. :alpacawink:

Also here's some possible random ideas for your SO could consider or try. He could babysit, be a daycare or preschool teacher, or in the far far future for you guys besides adoption there is foster care as well. And the best for last...buy/adopt an animal (if you can or don't already have one). They will become part of your family!! :alpacacrush:

Posted

Using God and the Bible to be a hateful bigot. No, God doesn't hate gay people. You hate gay people and are using God as an excuse to be a cunt.

Posted

I legit just seen this on fb this was a actual fb group and it was disgusting a DDLG fb group that allowed 13 year olds to 25 year olds to join. 

13 fucking year olds!!! in a DDLG FB group with fucking adults and they tried to make it sound better by saying NO REQUESTING NUDES but lets be honest they are just in the messinger or outside the group. Like why even allow people who are in middle or High school to join a group like that?! It made me fucking sick If they had said 20+  then i wouldn't have made this rant  but they said the age to get into the group  the lowest was fucking 13!!!! like omg what is wrong with people.

idk am i in the wrong? im i going batshit off the wall insane for just being sick by this?

Posted

I legit just seen this on fb this was a actual fb group and it was disgusting a DDLG fb group that allowed 13 year olds to 25 year olds to join. 

13 fucking year olds!!! in a DDLG FB group with fucking adults and they tried to make it sound better by saying NO REQUESTING NUDES but lets be honest they are just in the messinger or outside the group. Like why even allow people who are in middle or High school to join a group like that?! It made me fucking sick If they had said 20+  then i wouldn't have made this rant  but they said the age to get into the group  the lowest was fucking 13!!!! like omg what is wrong with people.

idk am i in the wrong? im i going batshit off the wall insane for just being sick by this?

hoooo.....girl let me tell you requesting nudes isn't even the worst part about this...I've experienced some fucked up shit when i was around 12-13 when I was naive joining a NORMAL chatgroup and was recieving all this disgusting sexual stuff and manipulative shit that I fell for. I'm totally on board with you on this, its disgusting and NOT right ._.

Posted

hoooo.....girl let me tell you requesting nudes isn't even the worst part about this...I've experienced some fucked up shit when i was around 12-13 when I was naive joining a NORMAL chatgroup and was recieving all this disgusting sexual stuff and manipulative shit that I fell for. I'm totally on board with you on this, its disgusting and NOT right ._.

I tried to go on 4chan when I was 14 or something because I was a kid desperate for validation

they either tried trolling me to oblivion or mainly asked me to do heinous sexual shit which was expectedly hella inappropriate

Never followed up on any of their requests (thank god) but you do have to be careful if you're a young girl on the web in general, and that ain't a new concept

i'm not gonna 100% condemn easily unbridled access to social media becuase god forbid my parents were between the realms of absentee couldn't give two shits & abusive lunatic but not really intervening in my web life at the time- but parents do need to at least assure that their daughters and sons aren't sending nudes to faceless pricks living in mommys basement