• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

Rant Thread

4806 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Edited by turkeyneck

Posted

seeing hong kong's protests with live leak... i really wish i could do something.

Posted

Bruh, I feel you. Most of the time I feel like this isn't even a quarentine at all, because there's like a dozen of us sitting at home and taking care of ourselves and then everyone else is out and about like there aren't people dropping dead day and night. It's just so difficult trying to convince other people to stay home when they not only don't care about their health, they don't care about anyone else's health either - and frankly, how the fuck am I supposed to explain that you should like... Not do everything in your power to get everyone else killed? How did we fail so much as a society and as human beings that I have to convince you that you should stay home because corpses are literally piling up and you're actively contributing in killing more people by spreading your nasty germs around?

Living in Brazil really is Just Like That.

oh my gosh yes, people are so selfish, they're like: if i'm not in the group of risk why should i care? i just don't know how i should explain to you that you should care about other people.

everyday i wake up brazilian........

Posted (edited)

Ok so I live in Washington and my friends were going to protest. The Cindy girl from before is like calling everyone "stupid" and "dumbasses" because we should be "peacefully" protesting and cops are good, we're just too dumb to see that. Also she got really mad when I said that trump is a racist piece of shit and there's literal PROOF he is 1. Calling corona "chinese virus" and 2. Calling the POC protesters thugs. 

I had her for classes and the time where he was going to be impeached she goes "hes probably one of the best president's of all time, idk why people hate him". Also she's one of the most whitewashed Wasians ive ever met. (Cambodian/ white). Im going on a tangent right here but like I remember this ONE TIME i was talking to her and she was like "yknow im more asian than you bc my dad cooks more asian food" like first off no. You can't even speak cambodian where i can speak laos and viet (im a mixed asian lol) and raised in Laotion culture. Sure my mom is whitewashed and eats mostly american food but i make sure myself that i keep the culture and traditions my grandma taught me when she raised me. Idk if thats petty but like i dont want a girl who is white/asian mix claim shes more asian than me.

Also opinions on this post? It made me angry and idk why 

Screenshot_2020-05-30-18-34-19.png

Edited by caravan.mp4

Posted

Ok so I live in Washington and my friends were going to protest. The Cindy girl from before is like calling everyone "stupid" and "dumbasses" because we should be "peacefully" protesting and cops are good, we're just too dumb to see that. Also she got really mad when I said that trump is a racist piece of shit and there's literal PROOF he is 1. Calling corona "chinese virus" and 2. Calling the POC protesters thugs. 

I had her for classes and the time where he was going to be impeached she goes "hes probably one of the best president's of all time, idk why people hate him". Also she's one of the most whitewashed Wasians ive ever met. (Cambodian/ white). Im going on a tangent right here but like I remember this ONE TIME i was talking to her and she was like "yknow im more asian than you bc my dad cooks more asian food" like first off no. You can't even speak cambodian where i can speak laos and viet (im a mixed asian lol) and raised in Laotion culture. Sure my mom is whitewashed and eats mostly american food but i make sure myself that i keep the culture and traditions my grandma taught me when she raised me. Idk if thats petty but like i dont want a girl who is white/asian mix claim shes more asian than me.

Also opinions on this post? It made me angry and idk why 

Screenshot_2020-05-30-18-34-19.png

I like how with every update you give us she seems even worse than before lol.

I guess the good thing about being ignorant is that you don't have to suffer because you're too dumb to even notice it. She must think she's soooooo blessed to be as bright as she is lmao. I wouldn't even bother trying to knock some sense into her head because she's just too damn dense for it to get through; if you care more about stolen property or broken store fronts than about an actual murder, I've got some bad news, honey. 🤡

She seems a lot like a classmate I had back in highschool. I was known for being argumentative back then (to put it nicely lol) and a friend from another class asked me to have a few words with a certain classmate of hers. The poor girl was brainwashed into a conservative evangelical POV from a young age, and not even studying in one of the best schools of the state/country, with teachers that were always encouraging us to question things and think critically, could do any damage to the spell: it was like talking to a Hitler Youth kid, no joke. Highlights of the "debate" (more like 35 minutes of me talking to a brain dead wall but oh well - I'm gonna put it under a spoiler because it's fucked up):

• The military dictactorship in Brazil didn't torture anyone and even if they did, it's okay because they (the tortured) were communists and communists aren't people. Yikes.
  • Abortion is a sin and should be illegal even in case of rape; she (brainwashed classmate) knew two sisters from her church who were repeatedly raped by their father during years, got pregnant at ages 11 and 13 and "decided" to keep their babies and are now "happy" with the decision! She said one of them had another baby coming... From the same dad. Big Yikes.
  • Those aren't from this debate per se, but she used to say so much fucked up shit that it's still ingrained in my brain: the one time she said it was okay for Israel to bomb Palestine because Israel was "warning" them by dropping panflets about when the bombs would be dropped (and then closing the borders so people couldn't leave...); that other time when she said Nazi Germany's eugenics wasn't in the wrong; that other time when she accused one of our History teachers of being a communist because the teacher spoke against the military dictactorship.

I have no idea where this classmate is now (I graduated highschool a couple years ago) but according to predictions from friends who knew her too (as well as my own input), she either had a meltdown when she got into university and realized the world isn't how mommy and daddy told her it should be, or she's still just as out of touch with common sense/reality and will marry a church boy to keep the tradition of brainwashing going. The poll 50/50 on that one.

Posted

BLM has been going on for years. Its not a simple hashtag that you trend for days then you call it a day. 

Kpoppies are cancelling people for genuinely not knowing the issue (and these people come from far away countries) when they could have used it to educate them. But considering how they treat this, its obvious they want brownie points. A lot of kpop stans brush off racism againt againt black people and ive seen it too many times already. Ffs theres this one kpop stan (idk them, but its someone else's mutual) telling a black girl they'll hang them and it was recent....but now theyre treating the movement like a  bandwagon 💀

I hate stan twitter honestly. With cancel culturists going on about, with their fake concerns, it will really drain emotions from you. I want to speak up but I'd rather not, since they will twist your words. 

Posted (edited)

My dad contracted the coronavirus recently and I don’t care or feel for him. I can’t really express my true feelings to anyone except my husband because they (other ppl) have that mindset that I should feel something and I should wish him well. Well you know what... I DON’T. I don’t give a single FUCK if he gets better. In the past I wished for him passing on because he’s just been a shitty person and shitty father. I didn’t get beat or abused but just my upbringing was a toxic mess. The way both my parents handled situations while I was growing up has made me into the PERSON I am today. I’m not sympathetic or emphatic to their situation. I don’t have love for them and every time they say I love you, they want to hear it back from me. I don’t say it back because I don’t mean it. 

I wish my mom would fuck off and stop sending me texts like this to make me feel some type of way when I don’t.

05157DDB-23D8-40B8-9CD0-32E05B36CF40.thu

Why do I have to call to see how he’s doing when I just don’t care. I’m married, I’m in my 30s, I’m trying to start my own family and create a better life without them. Just leave me alone for god sakes...I moved 4 hours away so I don’t need to be near you all. 

Edited by rosetea

Posted

i'm not even american but all these protests and shit going on makes me worried for all the people who go out to protest

Posted

I might get downvoted for this

BLM may have been a good cause a half decade ago, but some of them aren't protesting peacefully now. I also understand loathing the police and being afraid of it. (trust me one of my irrational fears are the police, and I'm a fitzpatrick skin type 3) I think they may be classified as much as a hate group as WLM is. Some of the police officers did to black and mixed people isn't ok whatsoever, but some of the black people did vice versa wasn't alright either. Also, the SPLC is a laughable source to find "hate groups". They didn't put fecking Antifa as a hate group on there (even though I am an anti-fascist, just what antifa does is not ok.).

Posted

Anyone doing protest during a pandemic is just plain stupid, white, black, asian, left or right, I DONT CARE, damn, you all doing nobody but the goddamn virus a favor. Stop it. 

Posted (edited)

Edited by turkeyneck

Posted (edited)

Edited by caravan.mp4

Posted

Sometimes i wish i could resign from my family. The burden and expectations they have towards me is too much as i am the first born daughter in a somewhat traditional asian household. Not only that, my parents' relationship had always been bad despite them staying together (gosh, i wish they'd just divorce already) which affected me really badly. 

Posted (edited)

Tension/eyebrow headache is driving me up the wall. Like I really do not know what to do anymore. I have tried patches, massages, stone rollers, nothing works. I have one friend who is really into crystals and says if you put an amethyst cluster near your bed at night it will help with tension headache near the eyebrows. and I honestly feel so stupid even considering it, cause I'm really down to earth regarding those issues like crystals and stuff. but guess what Im fucking desperate. I'm just going to do it lol while I chuckle at my own despair.

Edited by Kiko