• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Rant Thread

3788 posts in this topic

Posted

It's sad because we were so close but now it feels like I'm being used.

Agh. This reason this gets to me so much is because I don't have contact with many people, these are pretty much the only people I have memories with and it's frustrating to have people in my life who can't be happy for someone unless they're in the same shitfest.

ive been battling with this for a while because these are the only friendships I've known growing up and because they blame so much on others and conditions, it's never their fault and they're victims. 

It can sound a bit generic coming from across the internet, but well done for working so hard on your recovery. That's not an easy thing to do. My hat goes off to you.

I am in no way a similar situation, but I have had friends that I've known for a long time that I've just had to distance myself from because it's the same shit all the time. It gets tiring and friendship is meant to be a two-way street. You shouldn't be doing all the hard work all the time and your friendship certainly shouldn't be causing you any kind of anxiety or worry. 

My so-called best friend I haven't spoken to for 4 years in February. One day we just stopped talking to each other. 4 years later I'm in no rush to be reminded of what my life was like when I was a teenager. 

So I guess what I'm trying to say is, good for you for not wanting to take it any more. Friendships spring up in the most random of places, usually with people you work with or go to university with (whatever it is that you're doing now). You will make friends and meet amazing people, and they shouldn't be bringing you down all the time, that's not what friends are meant to be about. :alpacaheadshake: 

Posted

Console exclusive games can gtfo. I understand that big companies want to be stingy with money, but how are they going to make money when half their fanbase either can't afford to have all 10+ consoles, or, simply pass on the games because why spend 500+ bucks just to play that one game?

The gaming industry has become one big group of greedy corps.

And for the love of God: release games on PC too.

Posted

I finally decide to unfollow some artists on twitter since I didn't like the current pairing that they draw...It's pretty sad to me since I have followed them since like 2 years ago and even chatting with them but I don't really want to see my twitter deck flooded with things that didn't interest me or seeing them drawing a ship that I didn't even like. I even asked them whether they will still drew the other pairing since they still mentioned in their twitter profile that they still like the said pairing but they didn't reply it --" Oh well, I guess I just see next month then...

I actually really like the art style but I just can't get into the pairing at.all -__- , I can understand why people like it tho.

Posted (edited)

I don't get why the BTS ARMY have to post a comment on everything on YouTube. Literally on ANYTHING. There's comments on Venus Angelic's videos with Manaki like, "He looks like ____ from BTS alittle bit. WHERE's My ARMY AT?" Like this has nothing to do with kpop or BTS, so just get the fuck out. Even on MAMA clips of other groups there's comments like, "Who's just waiting for BTS?!!" No, actually came here to WATCH THIS FUCKING GROUP KTHXBYE. BTS are overrated anyway, like yeah they can dance and I'm sure they're very nice lads but there's plenty of better groups whose fans don't have to make EVERY LITTLE THING ABOUT THEM. #justsaying

Edited by Amika

Posted

I've been getting really frustrated with my group of friends because I've been feeling very ignored and brushed off, they never acknowledge the toxic people and they never call them out for being shit heads.
Spoiler (that I think I fucked up, sorry I'm new >> ) for length 

There's one couple in the group that's a 28, I think, dude with a girl who's not even 21 yet and when you're past 30 a 9 year gap doesn't mean anything but there's such a huge maturity gap between someone barely 20 and someone almost 30. On top of that she still acts like a fucking teenager.
This rant is kind of a long time coming so this first part was a couple months ago.
I used to D&D with the boyfriend and some other friends so I walk into his place one day for it and as I get there the girlfriend was shit talking one of my friends so I called her out on it and she pretty much told me I had no idea what I was talking about I wasn't there and that my friend is a terrible person and deserves nothing but misery. Another friend overhearing this said "well at least [my friend] didn't ruin my convention like [one of the girlfriend's friends] did" and laughed because he was joking so I offhandedly was like "yeah [girlfriend's friend] is an abusive bitch" and she BLEW. UP. on me.
To preface we were all at a con together about a week prior to this and this con was taking place only months after I escaped an extremely abusive relationship, I happened to witness the girlfriend's friend acting abusively towards another mutual friend and it really freaked me out. The girlfriend herself happened to run into me right after this as I'm on the verge of tears and asks what's wrong, I start trying to explain and the girlfriend cuts me off and goes "you know what, I am tooooo high for this" and walks away leaving me baffled and upset.
Back to the conversation, she said I was doing nothing but spreading unnecessary negativity and when I explained why I dislike her friend and reminded her of that scenario she just told me I misinterpreted it and if I'm not going to help the situation I'm pretty much not allowed to talk about it. The thing was when I was in that room it was a couple of us showing concern for the mutual friend because we were worried that girlfriend's friend was being abusive.
That's a completely different rant though, her boyfriend who again is pushing 30, is pretty much the perfect image of a condescending neckbeard redditor except he takes really good care of himself and works out so he's fit and attractive. He always has to have the last word in an argument and he always prides himself on being perfectly logical. After she tells me I can't say anything at all because I'm spreading pointless negativity when at the point I originally walked into the room she was literally bad mouthing one of my friends I gave him this look like "dude you're not going to point out the blatant hypocrisy here" but of course he's more worried about getting his dick wet so he says nothing and the subject gets changed.

About a month ago I made a very exasperated facebook post about the election in which I wasn't even picking sides, even though I very obviously lean left, I was just complaining about the electoral college. Of course dickhead (the boyfriend) has to comment and lecture me on how to electoral college works and I shouldn't have but I did respond and when I got sick of the conversation I stopped responding. I was letting him have the last word because I just couldn't even be assed to care, but then he apparently felt the need to critique my usage of slang so that's when I'm just fucking done and I just lay into him. A mutual friend responding defending my usage of slang but dickhead responds again and still says I'm wrong and since it's a public facebook post my mom saw it and actually called him out and that's where it ended since I hadn't been responding for a bit already. 
I saw said couple the weekend after thanksgiving though and just like... they completely ignored me which honestly I was fine with but they both have a history of butting into arguments in which they aren't wanted and plenty of people in our group have stories like that about them and it's just so exasperating that there's never any consequences to them being dicks. 

Ahhhhh, thanks if anyone actually bothered to read that entire thing. Just typing it all out without one of my friends cutting me off and telling me I'm being unreasonable is refreshing. Even if I am being unreasonable I just wanna get it off my chest, yknow?

Posted

I'm tired of people turning into my lane on a double left turn lane, then getting mad at me when I honk at them. Maybe you should learn how to fucking drive? I also don't understand why people have to turn SOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUCKING SLOWLY, to the point where the car behind you that ALSO wants to turn needs to brake their car to a complete stop.

Also people need to seriously stop texting and driving.

Posted

Im pissed off 

i have been for a good week so

FUCK YOU DOUBLE STANDARD HATING ASS BITCH!!

the fact that you took time out to just even say all that then don't even get mad when someone 5 min afte the fact post the exact same fucking thing mean you did had it out for me you cunt bitch!!

also you can say you aren't "defending her" all you want but the group number has been droping since she was made admin and you are too up he clit to see SHE  is the probmen 

Posted

Im pissed off 

i have been for a good week so

FUCK YOU DOUBLE STANDARD HATING ASS BITCH!!

the fact that you took time out to just even say all that then don't even get mad when someone 5 min afte the fact post the exact same fucking thing mean you did had it out for me you cunt bitch!!

also you can say you aren't "defending her" all you want but the group number has been droping since she was made admin and you are too up he clit to see SHE  is the probmen 

Someone really needed to get that off of their chest:happee:

Posted (edited)

Edited by lumin

Posted

every frickin time I try to reply to a topic on mobile It sends me to chatango half way through my sentence at least 2-3 times and I have to rewrite my goddamn sentence over and over again. I JUST WANT TO SCREAM IT DID IT AGAIN

I am out of upvotes but I would give you all of them if I could.

It's especially annoying when your just finishing typing a giant paragraph with images and then bam it's all gone. 

Posted

not really a rant:

i've started seeing this guy. he's perfect in every way, and we share the same interests and whatever. however, we ended up speaking about the future and he's always had a plan of starting a small family: 1-2 kids, dog, house. problem is, i don't want kids and i feel bad for that fact. i'm head over heels for him and hope we'll last for awhile. i just don't feel the desire to be a parent. idk what to do.

Posted (edited)

Deleted.

Edited by BionicBumblebee

Posted

Just want to get some things off my chest:

So there's this guy that I've been friends with for a few years now and we've been talking more recently. We have a similar sense of humour and interests so we get along well, but I feel like lately he seems to have developed a crush on me. He constantly messages me with pointless things that I quite frankly can't be bothered to read. I'm not trying to be mean but it's literally just pointless conversations that are just a waste of my time and if I dare reply with a sentence he'll reply super over enthusiastic with three long paragraphs (I'm not even exaggerating, I'd share but I want to keep my privacy). He's got a few pictures of me on his phone that he's sneakily taken which I find super creepy as he knows I can't stand my picture being taken and I know he took them as there are no pictures of me online that he could have saved or anything. I've tried subtly and not so subtly dropping hints that I'm not interested in him but he just doesn't seem to take a hint and it's beginning to really irk me now. I want to stay friends with him because he's a good friend but just a friend and nothing else. I just don't know what to do anymore and I've found myself consciously avoiding him because he makes me uncomfortable now which sucks as he was a decent friend. I don't know why he or anyone else would be interested in me, he's the second guy in these past months to have one sided feelings for me (I've made a thread about the other guy). Honestly though, I think my looks are average, my grades are good (but guys don't care about that right?) and I'm super shy and rarely talk to anyone to the point that people who I'd been in class with all year didn't know I existed because I never spoke to them. I've not been flirting with them and most of my friends are guys anyway and only one of them has ever had feelings for me in the past. I'm just so confused as to why all these guys have taken a sudden interest in me, I'm not that interesting or maybe I'm just being too harsh on myself. It's seriously stressing me out though because I have not got feelings for any of the guys who've liked me. Why can't it just be my crush who likes me instead? :alpacafedup: I just want to know why they like me but I'm too shy to ask or get anyone else to ask for me :alpacasad:

If anyone actually took the time to read all that, do you have any ideas why these guys would like me?

Wow, I'm actually really similar to you as I consider myself average, and I'm super shy  too (4th year in uni, and I spoke to only 2 people) and it happened to me too! Sometimes I wonder if I'm flirting unintentionally or something... Maybe these guys feel that they are special to you, especially if you're shy (not sure how to say it in english). Or maybe you're much more interesting than you think you are. 

Posted

Wow, I'm actually really similar to you as I consider myself average, and I'm super shy  too (4th year in uni, and I spoke to only 2 people) and it happened to me too! Sometimes I wonder if I'm flirting unintentionally or something... Maybe these guys feel that they are special to you, especially if you're shy (not sure how to say it in english). Or maybe you're much more interesting than you think you are. 

Same here, I don't try to flirt with them I just think I'm being friendly and courteous/polite but maybe they think that I'm flirting with them.

Also, your English is good, I understand what you mean. I've never really thought about it but maybe they do think that they are special because I'm not very open with people or don't talk to many people, but I do talk to them. I wish I could just outright ask them why they like me but I just can't bring myself to do it, being shy sucks sometimes :alpacasad:

Posted

Pretty sure the main reason why I visit PULL is to hang around this sub-forum.

I'm completely mad for this guy. Like, I feel that he's "it". But I have the habit of overthinking, and that overthinking is making me paranoid of getting serious. He has no idea how afraid I am about letting him get even closer to me, out of fear of rejection, and me not handling that rejection. 

Why are we ladies so complicated? We're even too complicated for ourselves to understand.