• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Rant Thread

3279 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm so angry. My mom makes my sisters and I seem like bad people. "I worry for when I'm older" headass. She doesn't let anyone see what goes on in the house and then plays victim and I can't fucking take it .

She acts like this zombie. She grabs and destroys shit. She ruins everything and let's the snot drip from her nose. In order to prevent that, we've gotta push her to her room. And apparently she's the victim. 

Posted (edited)

I'm about to have a brain aneurysm because of how fucking dumb my apartment-mates are being. 

It is WEDNESDAY of FINALS WEEK. But they are done with final exams so they assumed everyone was done with final exams. So they invited a friend over to drink wine and talk really loudly. Except I have TWO FINAL EXAMS tomorrow and I am studying right now. 

I went into the living room to ask them to not drink here, but they're still getting ready and talking super loudly. They have about 10 minutes before I go into their room and yell at them to either be quiet or get the fuck out of our apartment.

(At least bless my roommate... she is an angel and she is fed up with their BS too...)

UPDATE: My roommate and I have to wake up early tomorrow. We are going to blast loud music to wake up our apartment-mates. We have always tried to be kind and discuss things with them but they refuse to respect others. So we are giving them a taste of their own medicine. 

Edited by caterpillars

Posted

This is not a rant directed towards anyone on PULL (just a heads up in case it comes across like that)

Who in the world gave other people the permission to pry into my personal life?

I look stoic for the entire year? Great!

Shut.the.fuck.up.

I look like I have problems? Fantastic!

Shut.the.fuck.up.

I never gave anyone the green light to even poke at my personal problems except maybe three people.

And since I look so stoic (smh lmfao) they should get the damn hint and not say anything.

It's pretty overdramatic but I absolutely despise opening up and even worse having people trying to force me to open up. I do have friends and people to talk to, so if I have a resting bitch face it most probably means I'm not interested in them whatsoever. Just turn around and close your mouth folks jeez.

Posted

I reinstated my Facebook in order to stay in touch with my extended family when I moved abroad but I really should have known better. FB is honestly the terrible hellsite boomers use to circle-jerk about politics, and my family shares terrible political posts. It's all shit that could easily be debunked with a single Google search, but they spread it all over their feed and sit and pat themselves on the back over how they're ~owning~ the opposition and shit in the comments and I just. Please. I don't want to say anything even though they're very obviously sharing fake news from inflammatory biased websites because I'm not the type of person who wants to sit and fight with my friends and family over politics--especially not in public spaces. I legitimately don't care what politics they want to follow, but having to watch them spread around inflammatory fake bullshit is so frustrating it makes me avoid going to the site at all. 

The worst thing about it is they're the same type who go around harping about how the other side is constantly denigrating them for their positions and "whatever happened to civility???" while posting the same kind of demeaning shit they'd flame the other side for. I'm so tired of it to the point where I'm tempted to delete my FB all over again.

Posted (edited)

My influencer friend (okay I need to stop) has the cringiest, wannabe quirky and reletable bio ever.

"Sometimes a model; Cat lover; I'm mostly happy but sometimes fucked up; I like to cry while watching a good sad anime".

Like what the fuck? Imagine feeling basic human emotions. Being mostly happy but sometimes sad and frustrated? That's amazing! It's the equivalent of "I'm the nicest ever but when you're a bitch to me Imma fuck you up".

The other one... So she enjoys crying? And only to a good sad anime. But just anime folks, because it sucks to cry to books, movies and series. Since the anime made her emotional it's most likely good. She doesn't even watch anime, we watched back in 2014 what she's quoting now to her followers like Naruto and Angel Beats because it's an easy way to be likable. 

No, you're not a model. People only call you on shootings for clout, not because you're a good model. 

Even the sentences look like they're written by an elementary school student. If she had written "Crying to sad anime" and "Sometimes fucked up" it would be much better than forming full sentences on something so basic. 

Edited by shady

Posted

im doing this school project w one of my friends and for the past THREE WEEKS ive been nagging her to decide on a topic, split the work etc so we can start working on it. every time i ask her she either tells me "idk", says she's busy and cant think about it rn or gives me another bullshit excuse, i realised i'd have to do everything alone so i decided on a topic myself (i talked to my friend abt it too but she never gave me a specific answer) and just started doing it bc the deadline is end of december. i would've started earlier tbh but i also have shit to do lol. then suddenly out of nowhere, she messages me this sunday to ask what topic did we agree on, i tell her i already started working on it and she was like "ohh ok bc i've been writing on the same subject and decided to ask just in case" skskskkss THE AUDACITY lmao. she thought the deadline was this week and told me she wouldnt be able to finish it for monday bc she wants everything to look good and whatnot which i personally call bullshit lol. i told her not to worry bc i already did 4 of the parts (out of 11) and she was like "well i guess i'll have to do the rest" but she sounded super annoyed for some reason lol. we're having this conversation over the span of like a day so when she messaged me this i told her that i did more things and the project is basically halfway done. i wasnt sure abt a few things and told her we can do them together and she said "we should discuss this tomorrow" like 3 times lmao. so on monday, i brought everything that i've done so far on phone so we can talk abt it, she brought nothing ofc, she looked at what i've done and literally had the nerve to say "omg i wrote the exact same thing omg" istg i was gonna punch her, like if u havent done anything ok but why lie about it???? she insisted on talking abt it in school and not thru text and when *i* talked about it in school she gave me a 1 word response and left me to do it on my own... she did the same thing today. she saw that i was working on the project and instead of saying something or helping she just spend the whole class scrolling thru instagram. ive accepted at this point that ill have to do this alone but the fucking audacity......... im willing to bet she hasnt moved her pinky for this project. i was thinking if i should just tell my teacher at the end that i did it alone?? im just so angry that someone else is gonna get the same grade that i worked so hard for, without doing a single thing 

I once got paired up with THE class idiot who did no work at all. I literally wrote the whole thing myself (this was purely a written project, no presentation). "We" got an A on the project. I swear he looked so fucking smug over it when he knew he had done none of the work... In my case I had a decent teacher who afterwards went up to me and asked if the guy had done any of the work, because even the teacher knew this guy was usually pretty useless. Obviously I told him the truth. So in the end while he still got an A on that particular project, the teacher discounted it over all and it did not affect his (very bad) grade at the end of the year.

Please try to tell your teacher. It's stupid and unfair that you have to suffer when they're being unreasonable and lazy. If you can, tell the teacher beforehand and afterwards.
Like before you say something like "She hasn't done any of the work so far, I'm worried I will fail because of it"
And afterwards you kind of remind them by saying "She didn't do anything the whole project, I had to do it all by myself and I think it's unfair" so they're aware the whole way through. (If you've got proof like text messages then have them ready just in case, but don't shove them up the teachers face right away).

Even if it ends up like it was in my case and they get good grades on this project, at least the teacher will know for all future projects what that person is like and will grade them appropriately in the end. If possible, never work with her again and even tell her you're not comfortable with her working pace because she's so slow (since she's your friend and you might not want to directly say "since you did none of the fucking work"). Don't let her talk you into working with her again. Just don't. (good phrase to use: "actually, I was thinking of working with _____ this time." so you can turn her down in a friendier way)

I think most teachers will be fair about it. But if this teacher isn't, then bring it up with the teacher you're most comfortable with and even mention how you talked to the first teacher who doesn't care. You're in school to learn and grow, it's the teachers job to help you do so and most of them will want to help you.

Posted

u know how sometimes when ur depressed u feel better if u just make urself go out and do smth? but then u know how sometimes u just feel even more miserable when u go out and see everyone around u being successful and happy and having fun and u just end up like crying in public? asking for a friend lol

Posted

Sometimes old people (or simply 40+ y/o) are acting really entitled to train seats. I really find it annoying and condenscending when the train is full, and I finally got a seat and some old lady or man from the next stop is giving me the side eye for not offering them my seat. Like if you wanna give people the side eye why don't you give the side eye to the people thats sitting on the priority sitting zone? Not us whos sitting at the general sitting area cause damn we're tired too. I know its common courtesy to give old people our seat and respecting elders are really important, but the more you give me the side eye, the more I don't want to give you my seat cause you really get on my nerves. And sometimes its its not even old people!! Sometimes its those middle aged office workers giving me dirty looks just for sitting!!! Like damn, go search for other seats on other coaches instead of trying to stare me down to make me give up the seat.

Posted

literally no one takes me seriously when i say i have depression lmao. not even my own mom who works in the medical field and has worked with mentally ill people for like 15 years