• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Rant Thread

3837 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm finally leaving my extremely racist internship this Friday. I quit. I can't bear another 3 months.

Day after day I felt like an object that is lesser than them because they're white and somehow made me feel inferior by treating me badly, making comments, saying hella racist shit, me being uneasy, being excluded everywhere, my hair being called a dirty broom. ya'll I went through HELL lmfao, I cried, I skipped very little days, I got a fuckton of work (INSANE amount with deadlines even a fairy can't help me with) and the other 2 (white) trainees got nearly nothing, and were included everywhere.

When they said for example:  Let's ask the trainees! They always go to those two and always forget me or literally ignore me. 

And my culture is weird 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪 when I was on the phone with my Arab parents, I always got someone imitating me and my words to make a fool out of me. 

Glad I quit, just a few more days! I was so nice and tried to always be super cool and always gave my sweetest side to everyone..

tumblr_9ce526d15256e7ab2fce05403fa6731c_

Posted

you know that feeling when you keep on trying your best but you still feel stuck and nothing seems to be moving forward no matter how hard you try then it hit you that it's your own damn negative energy that is keep you from manifesting anything like abundance, happiness, love etc. or even if it's not your negative energy but someone else's that you absorb or got affected so now if i try thinking positive it would be quite difficult bc i feel like i'm full of those negative energies that idk how to remove. also love yourself first the three words that seems so easy but is actually hard especially when you feel like you don't know what that is anymore.

Posted

Regarding my friend I was talking about earlier, my boyfriend confronted her about following the guy who sexually assaulted me, all she replied with was "yuck", no explanation as to why she lied to me, no apology, nothing. She didn't talk to me about it, I told my best friend about it and she's pretty pissed off about it. Like seriously, is a social media following more important than respecting your friends? She's full of absolute shit, a liar and a cunt - there's so much more crap she's done to me and other people. But of course she gets away with it because she always acts like the victim, my boyfriend's best mate told him that she had a full rant about how her family is shit and her dad abuses her and I know for a fact that's all bullshit, she's lying about stupid things just to get people to suck her dick. If anything her family spoils her, which probably contributes to her cunt behaviour. I'm furious and hurt that she doesn't see how it affected me, every situation just has to be about herself. "Aww I lost a follower", big fucking deal, your friend is depressed, go help her out and stop making everything about you. 

Posted

Either I only know super 'toxic' extroverts or I absolutely hate extroverts.

They always want someone around to follow them around while they do basic everyday shit just so that they're not by themselves.  It's like they need someone over just to get ready in the morning.  They drag you around the way a child drags around a favorite toy, without regard to what you'd like to do.  And if you dare want to leave and go home?  Mannnn they take that shit personal.

I don't want to tag around and follow you around Walmart.  I don't want to watch you put makeup on and sing to yourself.  I don't want to wait in the car while you go and talk to more people.  I have other shit to do.  You're not a Kardashian, nobody wants to follow you around and watch you exist.  Get a fucking life.

Posted

I genuinely hate walking home alone- especially when I forgot to bring my earphones with me because all of the sudden every fucking creepy ass guys think that the lack of earphones/someone beside me is an invitation to cat call or shout weird shit to me. And its even worse when you realize that even your apartment security guard often look at other female tenants and yourself in the wrong way. Like the person whos supposed to make me feel safe to live here. And its always the old ones too. At least the younger security guard just don't even care, all they do is do their job and won't be a creepy perverted old man looking at you in the wrong way. Sometimes I feel like not even wearing any cute outfit anymore due to being looked at weirdly and it just sucks. I don't feel so comfortable wearing my dresses anymore (which is like 1 or 2 inch above my knee) and its not even short. Why can't people just learn to respect others and stop being creepy.

Posted

So basically we have a group project and there is this girl who hasn't submitted ANY of her work and our paper/ presentation is due this Saturday. 

We've had over month to do this and I have been sending her friendly reminders to get her graphs in (which is the bare min, I did not even ask for her report write up). And asking her in person about how's it going. Usually she will roll her eyes or smth. But I am nice and nonconfrontational, so I don't say anything. I'm actually really really nice about how I ask her so I find it odd how she reacts. Overall, she's been blowing me off and the whole group is worried about her but everyone is too afraid to speak up. 

So today I send her a text asking if she could submit her work asap to the doc. And she sends back this long winded text about how she's tried of me "bossing" her around and that she'll get her work done in a timely manner and she has other finals and works part time. It was infuriating!

First of all a timely manner would have been last week, or two weeks ago. Secondly we ALL have other finals and commitments in our lives.  Lastly, it is not personal or anything against her. We all just want the work DONE and need to know if she's gonna do it. We have a group member that's writing the conclusion that needs her work. Wtf does a TIMELY MANNER mean to her?!?! I'm a little older and have worked in a professional setting (I recently went  back to school for a second bachelors degree).So I've sent her very very nice and professional texts until now to keep things from getting personal. But this child (who is only 2 or 3 years younger than I am) found a way. Fucking hell. I am steaming. Just do your fucking work! 

Also casual sexism on her part. Of course a woman who sends professional reminders and kindly asks how her portion of a project is going is "bossy"... Okay.... Sorry I stepped up? 

Posted

Fuuuuuuck.

One of my friends (not super close but still friends) is about to move in with her boyfriend. She moved out the apartment she's lived in for the past 3 years of college so she could move in with him next semester. She's head over heels for this guy - she talks about him so fondly, I've met him before and he seems sweet.

I saw him on a dating app today and screenshotted it, but thought maybe they're in an open relationship since she's always been a kinky person. She's mentioned having threesomes and stuff like that. 

I texted her tonight asking if she's in an open relationship and she said no. I just sent her the screenshots. I know it's not my fault but I feel so bad that I had to be the one to deliver the bad news. I am going to check on her tomorrow :( 

Posted

My boss came back to work with a really bad cold and she better stay away from me, I have a dentist appointment in two days that I can't miss because otherwise I won't make it before the holidays...

Posted

I've been really tight on money, I'm in college and I had to take out a lot of loans. My parents give me a little money but they can't help me that much. My school changed up my loans on me halfway through the quarter and now I can't even pay my apartment rent for this month :( I had to ask my landlord for a few extra days. 

My roommate convinced me to make a Seeking Arrangements account and... wow. I've gotten so many offers from guys within just 12 hours of making my account, I could get paid $500+ a night to sleep with them. Some part of me says it's really wrong but another part is like, that's insane money. I could finally buy myself some new clothes, I could travel the world, I could pay off some of my loans.

I guess society says it's wrong and disgusting but I wonder if it'd be freeing in a way... being able to have so much money and stop relying on my parents. 

Posted

u ever just get bored of life. everythings shitty and always will be, i'm so over it

Posted

Why is setting up a new smartphone such a task nowadays? I just wanna turn it on, install the apps and then everything should work, why do I have to figure out how to get the notifications to work, ugh... 

Posted

People who did some seriously messed up things need to understand...your apologies doesn't entitle you to friendship or support from those effected by what you did.

Its not holding a grudge. People can forgive you but never forget what you did and will keep in mind that if you were capable once, you are capable again. You can say sorry a million and one times, it won't wash away the effect of your actions. Once you fuck up, you have to pay the consequences of those actions.

Posted

Update on the group project...  

I snapped in class. I'm so upset and embarrassed that I let her get the better of me. But she wouldn't stop insulting me and making excuses. 

At one point she said something like "I hope you find enough kindness in your heart someday to treat me with respect" GURL! YOU FUCKING DROVE ME TO THE POINT THAT I AM SEETHING MAD AND FINALLY SNAPPING AFTER YOU'VE BEEN A FUCKING BITCH TO ME ALL SEMESTER!!!! (I did not say that tho cuz I'm too scared to yell at her).  She tried so hard to play victim which made me even more angry. WE ARE THE VICTIM OF YOUR POOR WORK ETHIC! YOU CHOSE TO WORK IN A GROUP WHERE EVERYONE EXCEPT YOU IS AN 'A' STUDENT. NO, IM NOT GONNA ACCEPT A 'B' ON THIS PROJECT JUST BECAUSE THAT KINDA GRADE IS OKAY WITH YOU. Ughhhhhhhhhhhh... I didn't say that but I did let her get the better of me and say other things about how my grades are important to me, and how I didn't appreciate the way she's been speaking to me.  And since I don't do confrontation I'm literally shaking the whole time and feel physically ill. At one point she says "you wanna go to the bathroom right now, you're shaking". I told her I'm shaking because I hate confrontation and she said "so then why are you confronting me?". WELL CUZ YOU DROVE ME TO THAT POINT, YOU BITCH! ugh..  but I said it more like "Well, because you drove me to this point". :alpacadone:  keep in mind I'm so angry that I am shaking and at this point speaking through my teeth. She just wouldn't stop though, she probably liked how much she upset me. 

My friends (the other teammates) stand by me but I'm sure to my professor and those on the outside I look weird. I'm so upset about this. My professor asked to speak with me tomorrow. She said I'm not in trouble but she wants to resolve the conflict. 

I am not sure what to say..... Any advice is appreciated :alpacaworry2:

Posted

Either I only know super 'toxic' extroverts or I absolutely hate extroverts.

They always want someone around to follow them around while they do basic everyday shit just so that they're not by themselves.  It's like they need someone over just to get ready in the morning.  They drag you around the way a child drags around a favorite toy, without regard to what you'd like to do.  And if you dare want to leave and go home?  Mannnn they take that shit personal.

I don't want to tag around and follow you around Walmart.  I don't want to watch you put makeup on and sing to yourself.  I don't want to wait in the car while you go and talk to more people.  I have other shit to do.  You're not a Kardashian, nobody wants to follow you around and watch you exist.  Get a fucking life.

Bruh - I felt this

And then being accused of being a shitty friend when you want to do something -anything- else than being around them...

Posted

Update on the group project...  

I snapped in class. I'm so upset and embarrassed that I let her get the better of me. But she wouldn't stop insulting me and making excuses. 

At one point she said something like "I hope you find enough kindness in your heart someday to treat me with respect" GURL! YOU FUCKING DROVE ME TO THE POINT THAT I AM SEETHING MAD AND FINALLY SNAPPING AFTER YOU'VE BEEN A FUCKING BITCH TO ME ALL SEMESTER!!!! (I did not say that tho cuz I'm too scared to yell at her).  She tried so hard to play victim which made me even more angry. WE ARE THE VICTIM OF YOUR POOR WORK ETHIC! YOU CHOSE TO WORK IN A GROUP WHERE EVERYONE EXCEPT YOU IS AN 'A' STUDENT. NO, IM NOT GONNA ACCEPT A 'B' ON THIS PROJECT JUST BECAUSE THAT KINDA GRADE IS OKAY WITH YOU. Ughhhhhhhhhhhh... I didn't say that but I did let her get the better of me and say other things about how my grades are important to me, and how I didn't appreciate the way she's been speaking to me.  And since I don't do confrontation I'm literally shaking the whole time and feel physically ill. At one point she says "you wanna go to the bathroom right now, you're shaking". I told her I'm shaking because I hate confrontation and she said "so then why are you confronting me?". WELL CUZ YOU DROVE ME TO THAT POINT, YOU BITCH! ugh..  but I said it more like "Well, because you drove me to this point". :alpacadone:  keep in mind I'm so angry that I am shaking and at this point speaking through my teeth. She just wouldn't stop though, she probably liked how much she upset me. 

My friends (the other teammates) stand by me but I'm sure to my professor and those on the outside I look weird. I'm so upset about this. My professor asked to speak with me tomorrow. She said I'm not in trouble but she wants to resolve the conflict. 

I am not sure what to say..... Any advice is appreciated :alpacaworry2:

Don’t know if it’s too late to offer you some advice but I think the best thing to do is to just straight up tell your professor what happened. Tell her that your team mate hasn’t been submitting any of her work and acts contemptuously whenever asked to actually make an effort even when being asked in a nice manner and that it eventually caused you to snap. Since your friends agree with you, you could also tell the professor to ask them about and let them give their side of their story as that’s likely to boost your credibility.