• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Rant Thread

3795 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't think children complete a woman (or a relationship/marriage). I hate it when my married friends who all have babies tell me I need one to be happy. No, no I do not. I'm happy with my life, and I do not want children. Ever. 

I feel you. My parents tell me the same thing and I hate that mentality.

Posted

Idk if this applies to other racial communities but I hate this "black love" movement that's been going on in the black community. Don't get me wrong I don't hate the idea of two ppl of the same race dating since it is more common but I hate that ppl now feel they have the right to judge you on how pro-black you are as a black person based on who you date. All of a sudden dating a non-black guy is a huge no-no and makes you anti black and tell the whole community that you are out to ruin "black love" and the "black family". Um no you can call everyone else racist and oppressive then turn around and do the same shit to your own community. I honestly can't stand the community sometimes, like I want to stand with them but they can be so fucking petty that I feel like just going my own way because if falling in love with someone who isn't black makes me "whitewashed" or "anti black " than there's no point of hanging around.

Yeah i feel you on this i mean can people not be called a "racist" if they chooice to date outside their race. Honeslty in this climate you would think interacial dating would be encorage instead of discorage i though america was supose to be the "Melting pot" 

what gets me is people who say they would date outside their races but then they show their true colors and turns out to be either closet racist or bigots who believes in the fucking negative sterotypes about the race they are dating or just flat out dating that race to say "Im not a racist because i have a _____bf/gf"  while doing or saying racist shit

this has happen to me twice the first time it was way worst because it was an abusive realtionship 

and don't be a black woman who decides to date outside their race because all of a sudden its 1000 times worst for some reason and you get the side eye like you just kicked a puppy or killed a baby 

Posted

Yeah i feel you on this i mean can people not be called a "racist" if they chooice to date outside their race. Honeslty in this climate you would think interacial dating would be encorage instead of discorage i though america was supose to be the "Melting pot" 

what gets me is people who say they would date outside their races but then they show their true colors and turns out to be either closet racist or bigots who believes in the fucking negative sterotypes about the race they are dating or just flat out dating that race to say "Im not a racist because i have a _____bf/gf"  while doing or saying racist shit

this has happen to me twice the first time it was way worst because it was an abusive realtionship 

and don't be a black woman who decides to date outside their race because all of a sudden its 1000 times worst for some reason and you get the side eye like you just kicked a puppy or killed a baby 

Exactly, that's why i don't really believe in multicultural countries since they only seem to be multicultural when it benefits them and their image. This thing about being a black women and being judged for who you data has caused be not to be pro-black since I can't stand groups that have rules and regulations on how you should act/be. Yes interracial dating can be difficult but don't tell me it's worst than same race dating after most domestic abuse cases in the black community are committed by other blacks so i don't necessarily see the argument of policing who ppl date

Posted (edited)

Sometimes I wonder if people who act like beasts online attacking other people for their opinions or if theirs were the only right ones would do the same face to face. I left FB but I wish I could leave everything and sometimes I regret joining others including here although I never was harassed here. I feel like some people can't understand behind the screen there's a human being who aren't flawless like everyone else. These are some of the reasons I never use my real name or real photos. I remember once someone got extremely salty above me in a otome game group to the point I felt scared just because I said what I thought about certain title and character. Here where I live people take political sides too much seriously (like leftists vs. rightists) and as always they attack anyone who disagrees with the minor subject. It's difficult nearly impossible to say what you think (sometimes even if asked) without being called horrible names and even threats and this goes to both. As an example if you defend the lgbt rights you are a leftist/communist/government puppet but if you say you disagree with the 3rd wave feminism, says men can also be abused by their female partners then you deserve to be raped or enter a abusive marriage to never say anything about feminism again. And even if you have constructive criticism you get either blocked or called a lot of names. Once I got death threats just because of my cover image which was one of my favorite bands! And some just can't stand the truth. How often you see people saying "sorry I admit I was wrong" or "I apologize for my earlier statements", "that wasn't my intention to hurt you so please accept my apologies"? 

I've come across some people I hope they never give birth. In their heads bullying and mental diseases like depression are BS. Imagine if they had a child and the child started being bullied on school (punched, called terrible names, having materials stoled) and he/she come home crying and trembling of fear, shame and a lot of feelings. Then the parent say "stop crying already (with boys sometimes they use worst terms like "fag") and fight back". It's not just pretty cruel to the child but in worst cases can make the child develop violent behaviour and even became an abusive person. And these are the same people who are extreme hypocrites and intolerant to other religions, treat domestic workers as slaves, thinks feminism (including the one that gave them the right to vote and be what they want) is sickness and trans women are "men with women costumes", black people are all vitimists and lgbt+ people and atheists will burn in hell and other disgusting statements. I can't stand how gross it all is and sometimes I can't rant with people I know because they are too busy with their new friends or boyfriends, so my only option is to stay quiet and leave my thoughts of any subject for me only, and to the point it gives me headache. 

No matter what you say or do, I feel like in certain social media if you don't follow the mare you are more likely to be called names, ridicularized, threatened and become a meme just for the sake of getting likes and feel powerful toward the other

Edited by LostSouls

Posted

I must be one of the only ones who literally does not care if only male actors are cast as super heroes. In fact, I personally prefer male heroes over females. I don't need validation that women exist through random movies, especially if it feels forced due to the pressure of feminazis. As a woman, I don't have to agree that everything needs to pander to us.

Posted

This is so petty but...

I really wish the YOI (yuri on ice) hype will fade as soon as possible, I didn't hate the anime but the hype and the fandom are just...ugh. Most of my closest friends won't talk anything except this which makes me feel it's hard to talking to them anymore. I pretty much dreaded for every week since people so hyped up to the new episode until December which the anime will be ended.

I also never get the appeal of viktuuri (?) ship at all...I get that people ship it because it's *~healthy*~ relationship yada yada, but I found it's just pretty flat and didn't spark any appeal at least to me. The shippers are pretty much going to bash you and labeled you as "homophobic" or "ignorant" if you didn't ship it -___-, just because you didn't ship a fictional ship it doesn't mean you're a homophobic...geez

Posted

That one colleague who tries to school you as if they're a professional. No, no you are not a professional, and no, you cannot treat me like I'm 12. I'm a grown woman who knows what she's doing. The best is that said colleague messed up big time with a customer, so I had to step in and take over. This has happened 3 times since I'm there. 

I work in a beauty shop, and this woman is getting on my last nerve. To the point I want to switch locations so I don't end up punching her. I haven't told my boss yet because I can deal with her without tattling on. But, if she gets worse, you bet I will tell on.

Posted

People who think they hold moral highground over me from certain fandoms or certain sites for preferring morally sound or "safe" villain characters to my openly psychopathic fav are fucking pesky little insects. Some have the audacity to say it's the sole definition and the core of my craziness, which is just the tip of the iceberg. You know what? It's fiction, whether or not my mental health integrates with my favor for a particular character is nunya. It's the folly of having to leap through a thousand hoops in desperation to hope that someone will eventually understand that fiction and reality don't correlate, and that, no, I obviously don't support psychopaths who disregard the lives of those around them, nor do I exactly identify with that on a personal level. But I must because people can't differentiate between two mediums. I swear…

Posted

people who try to play victim after you called them out UGH

seriously.. why cant people just admit their mistakes without throwing such a hissy fit about it? Some people are so stubborn that they'll try to shift the blame to you or guilt trip using a different topic.  I remember pointing out to this one person how rude she was being and she automatically called me some bully. later she me so many messages saying she's sorry but also trying to defend herself at the same time..? even though i was actually just trying to help better herself.. I dunno some just get so heated when they get called that they cant even respond without trying to think rationally beforehand 

Posted

This is so petty but...

Hidden Content

Looks like I'm not the only one. I love that anime, but it's too mainstream now I cringe everytime I see my Tumblr dashboard, Twitter or FB timeline with it. It's annoying to death. Only a few of my friends know how...bad this series has become due to the fandom.

Not just that, it's popularity is like the Free! anime from before, that every single fan (male or female) actually talks and fangirls/fanboys about it. Adding to that, some of these fans don't even watch the show but are genuinely obsessed like they know the entire series. It makes me mad that me, a fan who watches a certain series to understand/love it better, see other fans who act like they know the anime even if they didn't watch it. Also, ALSO. The fans who attack people who bash/dislike the anime. Oh god.

I'm glad that it will be ending soon, fortunately the hype will end there.

Posted

Something I've noticed with most IG/Tumblr famous girls is that they get really catty whenever someone tells them they look like someone. Why are you so mad? They're not disrespecting you at all. I just don't understand.

Posted

Looks like I'm not the only one. I love that anime, but it's too mainstream now I cringe everytime I see my Tumblr dashboard, Twitter or FB timeline with it. It's annoying to death. Only a few of my friends know how...bad this series has become due to the fandom.

Not just that, it's popularity is like the Free! anime from before, that every single fan (male or female) actually talks and fangirls/fanboys about it. Adding to that, some of these fans don't even watch the show but are genuinely obsessed like they know the entire series. It makes me mad that me, a fan who watches a certain series to understand/love it better, see other fans who act like they know the anime even if they didn't watch it. Also, ALSO. The fans who attack people who bash/dislike the anime. Oh god.

I'm glad that it will be ending soon, fortunately the hype will end there.

Both of my tumblr & twitter will be always exploded whenever a new episode comes out...especially when episode 7 ended. I have lot of friends that watch YOI because they like figure skating and not because of the fanservice or the BL undertones said that they even can't enjoy the anime anymore since most of the fans are more focused on the BL instead of the skating...-__- and apparently ever since the episode 7 thing, people are going to bash you if you didn't like that ship.

I know that YOI will be the same as Free back then, since both anime are sport anime with ton of fanservice and BL undertones. And lol for those fans that are so defensive when people didn't like it, they really need to understand that not everyone are going to like a sport anime that has ton of fanservice and whatnot.

Yeah, I really hope the hype will be fade after the show ended...There's only 4 episode left If I'm not mistaken..

Posted

Exactly! I've made up my mind that I don't want babies when I was 12. 12. I want to continue travelling, I want to sleep and go out whenever I want to, I want to sit and play my video games as long as I want to, and I don't want to bring a kid into the world we have now. I don't hate children; they just don't fit into my personal lifestyle choice. If I had the option, I would have my uterus and ovaries removed. 

If I do decide to have children, I would sooner take in a child no one wanted. There are so many orphaned kids that need homes.

It's just really annoying when others try to convince you that having any will totally ~complete~ you. No. The Sims 4: City Life and Saints Row completes my life. gtfo 

I find most people I know with children who had them young say stuff like this and it's because they made crappy life choices that they can't undo. Now they feel they have to comment on others' lives because the ones without children are out enjoying the world, spending their hard-earned money and can do what they want, when they want, without having to organise childcare. 

Posted

Ok, so I went to a school that catered towards mental health issues, physical health problems. The majority of students had depresssion, anxiety, were bullied etc.  When I was at school I could relate pretty well to some people and stayed friends with a few. I'm now 24 and Ive changed a lot.  I struggled to get proper help after school but eventually took what I could get and put everything into it. It wasn't easy but nothing ever is. Recovery is full of peaks and troughs. 

Anyway. Here's my gripe. Sometimes it feels like I'm the only one of a handful of people who made an effort to recover. A lot of my old school friends have this victim complex and go out of their way to actively fuck up their own lives and shun responsibility, all the while claiming "I wish things were better". I get life is hard. But they're all 23/24/25 by now, you'd think there would at least be some lightbulb that went off. What's irritating is that they've all had good shots at having "the good life".  It's come to a peak recently when one of my old friends got in contact and we met up.  I feel like im actively triggering her. Everything was great to begin with.  Anything seems to set her off, empathise and she's triggered, offer support; triggered, stay positive; triggered.  I feel guilty telling her anything because she says things like "you've got a perfect life". Like no, it's not perfect, I have small triumphs that I've worked fucking hard for.  I am in no way someone to envy. Ive started feeling guilty about working on my projects in case it insights jealousy or triggers her.  She's started ignoring my messages and cancelling plans, just to post about seeing that same movie we planned to see with family, going to places we wanted to check out etc. I felt pretty hurt because she's put me under a hell of a lot of stress with dealing with her troubles and for the most part she's seemed thankful, but quickly starts piling on more stress. I'm just trying to be a good friend and it seems like she's going out of her way to avoid me and making it quite obvious.   

today Ive thought fuck it. Ive worked so hard and whenever Ive sacrificed my own happiness lift my old school friends up it's been for fuck all because they're so hell bent on having the saddest story at the pity party.  It's sad because we were so close but now it feels like I'm being used.

Agh. This reason this gets to me so much is because I don't have contact with many people, these are pretty much the only people I have memories with and it's frustrating to have people in my life who can't be happy for someone unless they're in the same shitfest.

ive been battling with this for a while because these are the only friendships I've known growing up and because they blame so much on others and conditions, it's never their fault and they're victims. 

Posted

I hate when people tell you to "GET OVER IT IT HAPPEN YEARS AGO" espically if you went through something tramatic really pisses me off

"Get over it"

"It shouldn't matter now it was years ago"

well if its causing me to go to or seek out therapy and making me loose fucking sleep and keeping me up crying how the fuck am i suppose to get over it 

not everyone can bounce back easy from thing that cause them mental fucking anguish