• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Rant Thread

3078 posts in this topic

Posted

I feel so unmotivated to do anything for the past few days, I know that I have to finish some assignments and study for tests. I just don't want to do it. I just want to go to sleep and not think about anything, I been checking the sites that I frequent a lot for any excitement and refreshing it even though I know it's useless, I don't want to do anything that takes much physical or mental effort because I'm just that tried and feel like that I'm going to burst into tears but I don't do that because I don't want to deal with the after math.

I still live with my parents and they have done a lot for me even though they been struggling with money that they had to use some money from me and my younger brother to get by, I don't resent them honestly and I feel like a fucking child for saying this but I wish they would pay more attention on me and be there for me because I feel horrible and just want someone to hold me and tell me that everythings going to be okay. 

I don't cause any trouble in my family nor am I the first born or the baby in the family, why can't they look at me like they do to my brothers or even my older sister

Posted

speaking of spam calls, at my old workplace we used to get calls in a (russian?) accent telling us that if we don't pay our electricity bill, it would be shut off right away and we can pay it over the phone.. like who u trying to fool my guy???

Posted

Cute guy at my job asked me out the other day and i had a good time, the only downside  was the fact that i had and still currently have a chest cold thats more annoying than anything but also gross bc mucus in my throat makes it hard to talk and in my sinuses has my face looking bloated.

Also what sucks about going to theraphy is that i still have things i just can't bring myself to talk about and my therapist is being a bit too insistent with certain topics I've long moved past (example: suicidal depression.) I don't feel that way anymore so why does it need to be talked about? Feel like it will be an excuse to hospitalize me against my will and this is why i avoided therapy to begin with...

Posted

literally same I got like 4 spam calls yesterday. They used to be all in mandarin but know they’re like “YOU HAVE COMMITTED A FEDERAL CRIME” and it’s so annoying

i got text messages likd that before and i replied with “do you have any proof” and “you're just a scam” lol they stopped texting me.

Posted

I'm so tired of people shitting on lawyers/law students.It's definitely not just for "easy money" and not everyone has an ego as big as the Eiffel tower. Idk how the system in other countries works but I live in central Europe and law school is hard af. Like there is not one day when my classmates and I don't question our entire existence, especially when the rate of dropping out is so damn high and you need multiple attempts to pass an exam. Also,most of us work because books and rents are freaking expensive. It's not like in the movies where people are dressed in suits and are coming from rich families.

I remember it being a running joke among my highschool friends whether I'd fit in with the "posh" tryhards at uni,but the sad thing is that I sense more mutual support from my uni mates than from my old friends. I relate to them more than to those who I've known for over 10 years, because we build each other up for exams or even after we have failed a course. They seem to think that law uni is just about learning things by heart and mindlessly reiterating them,which is not the case at all. You're supposed to be able to apply 100's of pages worth of material within a short amount of time to solve pedantic cases where every word could change the outcome of each case if you don't pay attention to it.You can't just browse over it and give some vague ass statement and bullshit your way through. Also,you won't be able to finish it if you're just in for the money either. It takes up a lot of your time and mental capacity.

Posted

I feel similar right now. I don't study law, I study business, and people act like we are money hungry, lazy, arrogant and basic. Especially if you are like me and not good in maths, you have to learn so much. I literally just started last week and I have to write so many things, which are going to be marked and we learn about some laws too (of course it is not as bad as law students have it), but my point is that you have to be good in a lot of fields, even if you won't need it later and you can't study that, if you don't learn at all like some people think it is possible. People act like it is easy, because a lot of people study it and often do it, because they don't know what to do, but the failing quotes are pretty high (at least in my uni). In at least three subjects, which you have to do the failure rate is 70%.

People somehow think that we are later only doing illegal (or gray) things to make money and that we all want to work in a really big company, even though most don't want it.

I live in central Europe too (and I live in a really left-winged city, where a lot of the vocal ones don't want to work at all, but still want to receive money and rather do drugs, hate on the police, spend their whole day with calling everyone, who isn't like them a nazi and want everyone to use their gender neutral language, so maybe I am biased with how bad people look at business students considering they are lazy and want to "rebel against the system"...).

I have much respect for law students, it is a hard subject so good luck to you!^^

Posted

I wanted to be a veterinarian but I suck at math and idk if my hands are steady enough to perform surgery. It's also expensive (you have to go to the one and only vet school in my state AND it's a school branch from literally one of the more famous, not quite ivy league but up there, schools in the states) and school is my least favorite thing. Being a tech or assistant sounds better.

Posted

Why do people get so upset when you don't want to talk to, hang out with or be friends with them? Thats something to be upset about in primary school, not adulthood.

I'm not obligated to hang out with anyone who isn't my type of person and does things I'm not interested in. Idc if i sound judgmental saying it either, i don't owe anyone an explanation for anything. Also don't try to bully me into doing so either bc all it will do is give me more of a reason to avoid you. Imagine feeling entitled to my company and getting mad when i tell you the opposite (this rant was brought on by my uni classmates)

Posted

I feel similar right now. I don't study law, I study business, and people act like we are money hungry, lazy, arrogant and basic. Especially if you are like me and not good in maths, you have to learn so much. I literally just started last week and I have to write so many things, which are going to be marked and we learn about some laws too (of course it is not as bad as law students have it), but my point is that you have to be good in a lot of fields, even if you won't need it later and you can't study that, if you don't learn at all like some people think it is possible. People act like it is easy, because a lot of people study it and often do it, because they don't know what to do, but the failing quotes are pretty high (at least in my uni). In at least three subjects, which you have to do the failure rate is 70%.

People somehow think that we are later only doing illegal (or gray) things to make money and that we all want to work in a really big company, even though most don't want it.

I live in central Europe too (and I live in a really left-winged city, where a lot of the vocal ones don't want to work at all, but still want to receive money and rather do drugs, hate on the police, spend their whole day with calling everyone, who isn't like them a nazi and want everyone to use their gender neutral language, so maybe I am biased with how bad people look at business students considering they are lazy and want to "rebel against the system"...).

I have much respect for law students, it is a hard subject so good luck to you!^^

Thank you,same goes for you! I've heard similar things that I mentioned being said about business students too (like that it's so easy and that people only do it for the money and are morally bankrupt).

When it comes to the failure rate it's pretty similar for us. Its about 60-70%.I remember my first lecture when our professor told us to kiss our A's and B's from high school goodbye and that D's and F's will be a common thing, especially in the beginning.

It also bugs me that people side-eye those who want to work a corporate job. It's not like we signed a contract with the devil himself and sold our soul right then and there.

Posted

Apparently my SO and I are not talking today anymore?! Man I hate when that happens! Can‘t he just come home and tell me what’s wrong when it‘s so obvious that there is something wrong?! Doesn’t happen often, but when it does, it just annoys the fuck out of me and then I‘m pissed too!

Posted

on todays episode of hurt feelings: are you ignoring me or just that hungover?

Posted (edited)

Edited by Satanael

Posted

My dog has parvovirus and I'm a fucking wreck.

Posted

my only close friend suddenly started being super mean and snarky for no reason... everytime i try to have a conversation or joke around she chews me out immediately. honestly idk what i did wrong, ive been nothing but nice to her. i feel like she actually straight up hates me bc shes giving me really mean ViBeS lately. like u know when someone doesnt like u at all and u can just feel their horrible energy towards you. I assume she cant say it outright bc she asks me for help w school work etc. Today she stopped being mean bc she wanted me to help her on a test and as soon as it was over she went back to her normal behavior. (for the record i didnt help her at all bc wtf). she thinks shes being really subtle and lowkey abt it but its so obvious. we've been friends for almost 4 years and idk what i did to make her hate me so much. it makes me genuinely sad. theres other ppl who also dont like me for seemingly no reason but idc, but thats different. shes been lowkey cockblocking me on purpose too. idk what her problem is and im not gonna ask her bc she wont tell me lol. but its so obvious that somethings going on and i !! Dont !! Understand why ??? i am confusion 

Posted

Istg if I see another black guy complain about weaves and makeup, I'm going to scream. Like stfu and let people be. The irony is that that's the only women they approach so they can miss me with the bitching.