• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

Rant Thread

1672 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't really like putting too much personal information out there but i gotta rant.

Here's an idea: don't volunteer to help some one out if you're gonna be impatient, rude and have an attitude the entire time. Or be half assed in general when helping people too.

I'm more than greatful for the assistance especially since i got tied in a really fucked up situation but understand you don't HAVE to help if you don't genuinely want to. I never asked you in particular to help either (i had options but you just applied yourself). Not to mention you just barely wanted to help me out, i just needed to move some things and maybe sleep on the couch until i got the key to my new apartment. Could you do that? Nah you just kept my stuff and left me stranded in the middle of the night in the freezing cold walking to find a cheap hotel bc of some half assed excuse about being sick. You weren't too sick to go out and drink tho. 

Situations like this tell you who your real friends are..i swear.😒

Posted

i really wish i lived in a more liberal country so i could report my professors for being homophobic and get them fucking fired. sadly, no one cares here. god i'm so disgusted by what my prof said today, i get so uncomfortable when i remember i'll have to see him every week for the rest of the semester

Posted

i really wish i lived in a more liberal country so i could report my professors for being homophobic and get them fucking fired. sadly, no one cares here. god i'm so disgusted by what my prof said today, i get so uncomfortable when i remember i'll have to see him every week for the rest of the semester

What did he say?

Posted

Not exactly a rant but I feel like people should be able to wear what makes them happy, like kenna and mikan for example, but then I can’t wrap my head around yumi king wearing hanfu and cheap taobao clothes. Those clothes make her happy, yet I think it’s really stupid and that she should wear normal clothes. I don’t like hypocrisy and even though I’ve realized this I still think people should wear what they want yet I still judge others. I mean personally I think Kenna’s clothes look awful but I accept it, but then I can’t accept other people’s clothes at the same time. Idk my hypocrisy is just irritating me

Posted

What did he say?

we were talking about how surveys aren't reliable because people are conformists, and to give an example he said "i'm strongly against homosexuals but if i were asked that on a survey i'd say i dislike them just a little bit"

i guess it doesn't sound that bad (i mean, it's bad but at least he didn't use any slurs) but as someone who's lgbt it made me feel so scared and unsafe

Posted

if your bf/gf commits suicide, how soon is too soon to start seeing someone new?

i wouldnt wish this on anyone, it's not happened to me but someone i know and......i'm uncomfortable and feeling lots of feelings when it comes to this person and their recent behavior.

i just wanna know what other people's opinion is on this is..

Posted

if your bf/gf commits suicide, how soon is too soon to start seeing someone new?

i wouldnt wish this on anyone, it's not happened to me but someone i know and......i'm uncomfortable and feeling lots of feelings when it comes to this person and their recent behavior.

i just wanna know what other people's opinion is on this is..

I think that after three months, it’s probably okay. Some people will still criticise your friend for thinking that’s too soon, but I think it’s fine.

When my friend died in a car accident and her boyfriend started going on dates with girls a month or two later, that felt a little too soon. Made it seem like he didn’t love her when she was alive. 

But, that being said, if dating people is going to be something that makes your friend happy and helps them move on, than they can only really be the judge of whether it’s the right time or not. If it feels right, it’s fine. If not, they should wait until they can do it without feeling any enormous guilt or anything like that. 

Posted

that's awful! that happens here too. not only homophobic, but racist here. also I still wonder why the hell I got reprimanded by my teacher for my skirt being  too long. 

I cut it and stitch it. Ok, everything normal, and then...

it's too short. Probably bacause of my long legs, but I started wearing long socks to avoid making it weird, but then he said my socks are too long????? 

Posted

So...my ex. 

I have them blocked on my main account but not my backup. Anyway, every once in a blue moon I will check their cosplay account - just to see how they are going, and because they do some pretty flipping bad photoshop that I like to have a good laugh at. 

So, just a little bit ago, I checked their account and had a look at their story. Now, we broke up over a year ago now and haven't interacted in probably 8 or more months. That last interaction was bad because they were talking shit about me to all their followers (which is fine. But don't mention my name. Mentioning my name is taking it wayyyy too far.)

So, this story that was up was a cringey tik-tok of them burning a polaroid. You couldn't see the actual picture, but I KNOW that it was one of the ones we took together. Why? This was the caption:

"I'm not going to name anybody but if you see this I just want you know know that I'm happier without you...you tore my heart in two"

Now, realistically, this could have been about another person they may have had a thing with. But, the reason I know it is about me is because of the 'not naming anybody' thing. They know I have people who will tell me about the shit they post if it has to do with me. And they know shit will hit the fan again if they ever mention my name.

Idk, I feel like clearly they are not over me if they have to go around mentioning me all the time. And seriously, you STILL had those polaroids? It's been a year. I thought I was bad for hanging on to them for 6 months.

Well, damn. Guess I know that I was at least loved by this person. Even though they hardly treated me like it...

Posted

my mom keeps betting on the lottery and it worries me 

if she won, there would be no doubt that all of our family would hound us for money and ruin our lives 

its more of a curse than a blessing to win imo 

i know the chances of winning are low but ahhhhhhhhHhHhHhhH

Posted (edited)

my mom keeps betting on the lottery and it worries me 

if she won, there would be no doubt that all of our family would hound us for money and ruin our lives 

its more of a curse than a blessing to win imo 

i know the chances of winning are low but ahhhhhhhhHhHhHhhH

If your mom wins the lottery keep it anonymous from everyone including other family. Lots of lottery winners get gold diggers on their trail under the guise of friendship and lottery winners also fail to manage their money which is why a lot of those winners have their lives wrecked and on the news. I think some people get murdered for their money iirc. Better to be cautious. 

Edited by Gogeta

Posted

My period is almost a week late and I took a pregnancy test after it was about 5 days late (32 days into my cycle) but it was negative. My period is ALWAYS pretty much on schedule, like maybe 1 day off, RARELY 2 days off. But now it’s like 6 days late and that’s definitely concerning me. I track it on an application so I know my scheduled days, how late it is, my estimated ovulation date, etc. my cycle ranges from 26-28 days long and it’s currently been 33 days. I don’t feel any of the normal symptoms I feel that let me know it’s coming either. I usually get cramps and a backache a day before, but nothing all this week. I’ve had sex but we always use condoms and have never noticed any leaking or ripping or anything. I’m so nervous now. On one hand I was happy to see the negative result but I feel like I must be pregnant, I’ve never had a missed/late period before, this is the first time I’ve ever even taken a pregnancy test. I just feel ominous and worried now. If I’m not pregnant wtf happened to my period? Am I ok? I didn’t change anything in my life recently. I bought a package of two tests and just took the one test so far so I’m trying to wait until next week (about one week after the first test) to take the second one. But it’s all I can think about. All day I’m googling pregnancy symptoms, pregnancy tests, late periods, every time I go in the bathroom I wanna grab the test and take it (even though I know that would likely be a waste since it’s only been one day) 

Posted (edited)

My period is almost a week late and I took a pregnancy test after it was about 5 days late (32 days into my cycle) but it was negative. My period is ALWAYS pretty much on schedule, like maybe 1 day off, RARELY 2 days off. But now it’s like 6 days late and that’s definitely concerning me. I track it on an application so I know my scheduled days, how late it is, my estimated ovulation date, etc. my cycle ranges from 26-28 days long and it’s currently been 33 days. I don’t feel any of the normal symptoms I feel that let me know it’s coming either. I usually get cramps and a backache a day before, but nothing all this week. I’ve had sex but we always use condoms and have never noticed any leaking or ripping or anything. I’m so nervous now. On one hand I was happy to see the negative result but I feel like I must be pregnant, I’ve never had a missed/late period before, this is the first time I’ve ever even taken a pregnancy test. I just feel ominous and worried now. If I’m not pregnant wtf happened to my period? Am I ok? I didn’t change anything in my life recently. I bought a package of two tests and just took the one test so far so I’m trying to wait until next week (about one week after the first test) to take the second one. But it’s all I can think about. All day I’m googling pregnancy symptoms, pregnancy tests, late periods, every time I go in the bathroom I wanna grab the test and take it (even though I know that would likely be a waste since it’s only been one day) 

that is worrying, its probably something else though, maybe a hormonal imbalance. How prepared would you be if you did have a baby? 

Edited by Gogeta

Posted

kinda sucks that my dreams are usually nightmares but there is always this one guy idk who but he seems to help me and even calm me down in certain situations in my nightmares. i have this comfortable feeling towards him, i just can't see his face tho.

Posted (edited)

Well, there are a lot of reasons as to why your period isn't knocking on your door. Are you stressed out? It might happen because of high stress, low body weight, when you stop/start your birth control, an overactive/unactive thyroid gland, overweight or the polycystic ovary syndrome. You might need to wait it out for a bit, but you should go to a doctor if it persists or if you have fever, nausea, vomiting and feel really sick.

My sister is also having problems. It's been 37 days since her last period, and still counting. We're really worried. She got a couple pregnancy tests and one said negative, but she's still freaking out. Turns out, it was just a hormonal inbalance. It's really likely that that's your case.

I have a national exam at the end of this year and my parents insist I take first place. I'm terrified. It's also a ticket to get into any uni in the country, but this test only comes once a year, which means if you want to take it again, you have to wait another year. I hope I can do it, I wouldn't like to see my dad dissapointed. 

Edited by nok