Rant Thread

972 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So, I figured that it might be nice to have a thread where we could blow off steam. Like, if there is something or some person in your life that you just want to rant the heck about, this could be the place to do it. Although, I hope no one will use this to bitch about PULL or PULL members, just people and things outside of PULL. For example, I will start.

Putting it under spoiler since it may be long.

My housemate is an asshole. I will refer to him as "R" for privacy reasons. Originally, it was just going to be me and my friend, who I will call "H", renting a house together. We get along well and are in the same field, so it was going to be awesome and 2 bedroom houses are cheap here. Anyways, I happened to tell R about this, because he was my friend at the time and he guilt tripped me into letting him become the third housemate. This really wasn't that big of a deal to me at first and H was fine with it. Things have been tense since R and I got into a pretty vicious fight a while ago. "What was this fight about?" you may ask. 

Veganism. We got into a knockdown drag out fight about animal rights.

Ok, it was mostly my fault, but I still feel that my points were valid. To summarize, R had joined an animal rights group and decided to go vegetarian immediately. I joined, because I love animals, but because of health reasons I could not adhere to such a strict diet permanently. Eventually, I got fed up with this animal rights group. All they did was hand out PETA flyers with graphic pictures of animals being abused, they never actually got off of their asses and did anything. Not one member volunteered with shelters or the humane society. They did nothing to actually help animals, all they really wanted to do was make themselves feel good. When I told R my feeling about this, he took it as a personal attack and we started fighting. And basically it never really resolved, we just sort of stopped being as close.

I would also like to point out that a while later, R told me that the lab he works at euthanizes all of their lab rats at the end of the year, and that he has no issues with animal testing or euthanizing ALL of the test animals when they are through. I was surprised that the animal rights group had not stoned him yet.

Anyways, besides the tension from our argument, I also just did not realize that he was such as ASS. He does zero housework. Every time H or I walk into the kitchen it's a disaster. I do not even know how one person can make such a mess. He then has the nerve to bitch about how messy things are, but then still does nothing to help us clean.

He also has zero concept of personal space. I already knew about this, but it's only gotten worse. First of all, he is trans male and has not transitioned yet, which is the only reason we let him live with us in the first place. He spends most of his time walking around in his bra and underwear, which I don't mind too much but as I said before, he has no concept of personal space. So dude in his undies + invading personal space = awkward.

To make things weirder, he is engaged to his boyfriend who is going to university across the state, yet he still does weird things like leaning or hugging me from behind for an awkward amount of time. Even when he identified as genderfluid I still thought this was awkward because he has told me before that he found me attractive when we first met! I just think that when you are engaged that you should have certain boundaries, because I would hate for someone to see us and then spread rumors or something. And also, I just don't like it. Then he started doing it to H too, which pissed her off because she is very sensitive about personal space.

Also, he just cannot take any criticism. Even when we politely make suggestions or just gently hint about things, he gets offended. But if he has a problem with something we are doing then he has absolutely no issue telling us in the bluntest way possible. Sometimes he is just downright rude about things that aren't even that big of a deal. 

Even when we were friends, he made everything about him. We mostly talked about his problems and it was just so tiring. I don't want to be babied, but I don't want to be expected to baby others. 

Anyways, that is my long rant about my shitty housemate. This is all I can remember at the moment, I may edit and add more as I think of things. 

Anyone else want to rant about roomates, life, etc? 

Edit: Shit roommate tries to tell me how he isn't slacking on the housework everytime I see him. He also majorly flirted with one of my coworkers and caused an awkward situation. He also just refuses to wear clothes, like, idk what his problem with clothes is. It's super awkward.

Edited by Nyanko Sensei

Posted

Not really a rant, but...:

I don't get why the ancients cursed Imhotep the way that they did. Like, you'd think they'd curse him with endless suffering and misery... not super powers and strength. I mean, where is that logic? Rick and Evie had to fend off this undead bald guy who wanted to bring his dead girlfriend back to life. Couldn't they have cursed him with a small dick or no dick at all? ????

Posted (edited)

Edited by Agent Ryder
Eh

Posted

Alright, i guess i'll rant here. :)

I am a CEO in my business class. We are basically promoting a product to the school and there are two teams, each with a different product. Because i am CEO in the class and i have my resume already filled out, i got to look over the other member's resumes and tell them if they need to fix anything.

So now that i have that put down, let me tell you about a girl in my class.

She came over to me and she asked,

"Can you look over my resume?"

Of course i said yes, so i flipped through it and the reference page needed to be tweaked a little bit.

I told her "Oh, i don't think you should use our teacher as a reference. Maybe you should go back and change it." She smiled and walked away. I thought the issue was done.

After the class was dismissed and we had to go to our next class (i got to go home because yeah no more classes for the day), I hear my name being used in the hall. There are a couple of students with my name on campus, but none except me were in our last class.

"...B-------. Yeah, her. She told me i couldn't use Ms. R--- as a reference. She needs to say it to my face again. Fucking bitch."

I was in shock. My mouth dropped. I was right next to her and she says that about me? Honestly, i was bumping shoulders with her. We were that close. She calls me a string of curses and says "She needs to say it to my face again."

So are we supposed to square up now? Because i told her that she shouldn't use our own teacher as a reference? HOW CAN OUR TEACHER WHO IS GOING TO LOOK AT THE RESUMES REFERENCE HERSELF? That's like going to Ralphs (It's a supermarket chain) and applying for a job and putting "Ralphs" as a reference. Why would someone do that?

So anyway, i say "Oh, alright then." As a response, hoping she can hear me over the people in the building. She turns into her class, i'm already in tears at this point. I just don't understand what i did wrong, especially when our Business teacher didn't want to be used a reference because she can't be used as a reference.

it's not logical to use someone as a reference who is also going to be your superior in a resume!!!

So anyway, i'm thinking of talking to her about it on Thursday, because i don't want anyone to hate me and i don't want to fight anyone. I just... don't know what i did wrong! HOW CAN A PERSON REFERENCE THEMSELVES?!

Ok i'm done with my rant thing. Lol I know it may not seem like a big deal to most people, but threatening to fight me and then calling me a bitch just because i told her something was wrong with her resume that she voluntarily gave me to review is sickening to me. I don't know, just my thoughts.

Posted

As someone who works in retail, I honestly deal with a lot of misdirected flack. Primarily for my manager's policies and disallowing people to cheat the systems that even manufacturers prohibit overusage of.

what am I talking about?

Couponers. Oh, couponers. Where there's a will to save money, there's a way, but not always is it so kind to retailers. Grocery stores in particular can be hit hard.

maybe a week ago, the first of couponer incident occurred that we'd had in a while. Mother and son stockpiling galore, the two toting about items and items. The son came through my lane first, excessive amounts of baby wash and dog treats in his basket. Knowing my gut reaction towards duplicate items in that quantity, what it would entail, I sighed and told him straightforwardly that only four could be used per like product set, per day, and he complied. At payment, where he'd somehow whittled it down to a meager two bucks, his mother came up with the absurd amount of maybe ten plus detergents in her cart, inquiring how things were going. He spoke back to her in Spanish… "quatro", four per day, and she scoffed a bit at me as I was dealing him back the change from the twenty. The two retreated, but I later saw them going through a larger register, holding it up for an impatient set of folks, as my coworker denied their overusage. Just when they'd gone, an hour at most later, they returned, first the mother, then the son, then the mother again, after they'd clearly been explained to that they were prohibited from using anymore coupons, after sufficiently draining our stock of detergent, baby wash, and Beggin Strips. It was incessant, and irritating, as they'd both clearly heard what two of my coworkers had said, and to the mother in her native Spanish no less! and still came back anyway.

but no, couponers can get worse than just being incessant. Incessant is a walk in the park compared to the next customer.

so it's my first night working the closing shift in stead of my coworker, currently on his vacation time for the week. the first few hours are notably chaotic as per usual rush hour, post school, pre dinner, everyone's rushing to the store for the crap they forgot. In the midst of the rush, through my self checkout line comes a teenage girl, probably anywhere from fifteen to nineteen, but no older looking than me (and I often get mistaken for being in my mid-teens). And in her cart are a ton of duplicate items. My chest drops in dread at the thought of having to deal with a couponing brat, and lo and behold, my premonition held correctly.

at the time I was hella busy attending to the constant breakage of the machines through the smallest little malfunctions ever (self checkout machines are menaces to an attendant, even if you're using a remote instead of a physical barcode, like I do, I'm not even supposed to use the handheld we have because "customer interaction is key"), and that stockpiling little snot ushers me over. Firstly, with the smallest nitpick out of the way, she was desperately trying to prevent me from touching the coupons by keeping them facedown. At first I allowed this, but eventually nabbed the stack from her and told her she was limited to four of each. I whittled it down to like two bucks, second verse same as the first in similarity to mother and son, and stash them in my nook for the things, seething a bit at her inability to pay more than five fucking bucks for all this vanity related shit she'll probably never use since her taste will undeniably change and thus the merch wasted. Some part of me also imagined she could've been reselling them at absurd prices, but I'll never know exactly what her intention is and asking will only result in complaint. So the point is, in my process to complete that order as quickly as possible to attend to my other customers, I didn't pay much heed to what they said. A thought kind of prickled at the back of my mind that my coworker had spoken to me about a teenage girl with tons of coupons, and that she was troublesome, but I couldn't recall why, as my sensory overload was enough to keep me forever preoccupied with fixing the messes of my customers in a manic mess.

Lo and behold, she came back again,  this time when I was at least one customer less busy. The line unfortunately began stacking then. However, this time, I formally snatched her coupons and began examining them. And guess what? That little bitch didn't buy a good fifty percent of the listed products, and in fact bought products, some from the same brand, quite a few not, that she knew were going to result in overages! Now that, that angered me. And in my annoyance it came back to me, my coworker had talked to me about a young woman who often tried to scam the shit out of the self checkout cashier, zero out her purchase, or even try and get money back. Usually, she allegedly collected a lot of vanity products. When I realized her fraudulent ass, I gave her a glare, signed, said "I'll be back in a second" in the most falsely cheerful voice I could muster. I was fucking angry that she was resorting to glorified stealing. So I called my supervisor, and asked him if her bullshit had been dealt with before. He replied with a frank "yup, she's a regular". In a stressed, but still falsely cheerful voice, I went back to her, and laid down the fucking law. I grabbed the one shed almost used falsely and borderline ripped it up, telling her she couldn't use it. By the end of the transaction when I had customers yelling at me left and right for legit help, I smiled a large, toothy grin at her and left the bitch to her devices, only periodically coming back so she could void items to pay as little as possible. I think and I hope I scared her away with my demeanor. She had it coming. Only after the third time a scammer like her comes back and attempts to reuse the same coupons are we allowed to call the authorities. And there is no way to issue a formal "store ban" either. It's enraging that on my first night I was stuck attending to her to try and assure I wasn't going to be scammed, and my other customers had to wait longer on account of that. I don't want to "service" thieves like that, I don't want to "help" them, and I don't want them to have to put back half their stocks only to force my fellow employees to restock it. Stockpilers piss me the hell off, they hoard items that they'll likely never use before they tire of monotony, and it's wasted. Their charity is almost solely to themsleves. This girl didn't look like she was buying for some organization, but herself. False nails, shampoos, drinks, conditioners, and pads. The least she could've done was buy the more expensive products advertised on the actual coupons so she'd give the manufacturer back some cut of her purchase! But no! Ugh, it's the fraud that gets me. Greedy little twatwaffle. Look, honey, I don't like living in a capitalistic society either. I wish things were as free as your self entitled ass thinks they are. I have to pay my way and I work the shitty min wage position. so you have no excuse, no matter what you're using that stockpile for, it's still stealing store stock, it's still fraud, and it's punishable by law if you try and scam too many times. Hell if it were up to me you'd have been dragged out of the store the first time while I pelted you with items from your stockpile. You ain't more "important" than anyone else I deal with on a daily basis, you're a lowly worm and you should sink back into the ground where you belong. Buy what you need, bitch, not what you think you can scam me out of.

Per se, I prefer the people who at least use coupons correctly even if they try to use ten thousand of them when they can't. To that I prefer rational couponers who have five or less per like item. We used to not allow any sort of doubling but honestly, four or five isn't as bad, it's only bad when it's a scammy little girl playing the "I'm so innocent" act that it grinds my gears.

Next time I see that girl she is going to either get a heavy talking to or a nice kick out of the store, hopefully by my "meaner" side. I may not be very manipulative but if I'm mad I can and will intimidate the shit out of someone with my aura of fury. I can be condescendingly sweet in the nicest way possible, but if I'm pissed at least one aspect of me will show it.

TL;DR: extreme teenage couponer tries to scam me and gets chased out by my exaggerated false cheer and angry demeanor after I catch her, and I despise the child for putting me in a huge customer service slump with such levels of overcomplication and lies.

Posted

sup guys, guess who's back from the dead to enlighten you with shitposts and rants? jk tho I don't think I'll post a lot more after this one

to tell you the truth, I (surprisingly) don't really like talking behind people's back. there has been occasions, but I like to keep it to a minimum.

I don't have a very big friend circle and most people I end up talking to are either classmates or mutuals. the thing I find with talking with mutuals is that they start to rant a lot about my friends. just today I had a mutual friend rant about my friend relying on their parent's money to buy stuff. ordinarily, I would have agreed that yes, they are indeed spoiled for asking mommy and daddy for their stuff, but I didn't, because I knew that friend's familial situation so I was a little hesitant with agreeing with them. I was feeling a little off about it especially because this friend they were talking about was really close to me and I've known them for a while. 

truth be told, I really hate it when people would assume such a thing about a person without knowing the actual truth about the person, some of which I see often on here. (which is partially the reason I decided to leave). like people would just say what they think about someone's parents or how they were brought up when no, they didn't know and all they're doing right now is find more reasons to hate on a person. I hate that. I know that I had a period where I did that too, but after seeing and hearing people do the same thing, it gave me the revelation that it was wrong. if the assumption was harmful enough, it could hurt their feelings. I guess people could give less of a shit about other people's feelings, but honestly if you were on the receiving side would you feel that great?

the thing is, I don't like talking behind people's backs. I hate it when people end up talking to me about mutual friends behind their backs, I don't want to be that person. I don't want to know what you think negatively of them, because that in turn affects me. I don't want to look at a friend I previously looked up to and see a face full of negative opinions fed by friends that were supposedly their own friends. I get that they're ranting to me because they trust that I won't tell. I get it. but that doesn't mean I like it. a lot of people tell me stuff to the point that I have so much pent up frustration because of their problems, people keep telling me stuff that I could care less about and gives me stuff to worry, worry, and worry more about.

I guess that's why I turned to this site a while back. the stress of graduation and the stress from my friends built up and I just needed a way to vent. now when I look back, I realize that this was a terrible way to vent, all it did was make me worse because not only was I reading people flaming on others, I joined in as well. I joined in on something I despised the most. all of the ranting about people and trashing on others gave me such a negative outlook on life and society on the most crucial time of my life. I destroyed myself. at that time, my english grade had dropped so much because all I could think about is the negative opinions circling through my head when I could have avoided this completely if I had found a different outlet.

tl;dr some insight as to why I decided to leave this forum

*I did not mean to attack the forum in any way, it's just how I feel about stuff so don't attack me because of how you interpreted this*

Posted (edited)

Edited by P.O
Totally irrelevant.

Posted

an old rant about one of my least favored characters in animu tbh

There is a statement I will stand by for the remainder of my life and always stash to keep as a reference for later: popularity does not amount to quality, which is why subjectivity exists. just because the majority seem to be in unanimous agreement that something is good, does not mean it actually is good to all. For there will always be at least one disdained with that particular thing who believes it doesn't deserve the popularity it gets or the right to exist whatsoever.

And nowhere is this theory more painfully highlighted than in the case of Durarara!! and one of its most famed characters, Izaya Orihara. I hate Izaya Orihara with almost every fiber in my being, nowhere in any other series have I ever examined a supposed antagonist and been so underwhelmingly saddened by what could have been or what could have replaced him. In a series of ensemble, the only thing that keeps Izaya afloat at all is the supporting cast, and Shizuo, perhaps, who is another one of those characters I would categorize as 'overrated', but at least he has some sort of crisis...

Unimpressive, with an irksome personality that makes me want to break my drywall, a droll backstory, and a design that resembles a weasel on the prowl for small mammalia to pin, Izaya Orihara from the beginning was never someone who truly caught me in any sort of captivation, only a character that existed as safe villainous fodder while the real deviants worked their magic in the darkness of each arc. In a series that was supposed to be dark, he was not light, but he was hardly pitched black. He was at best, dimly lit at all times. Generic.

Morally corrupt in many ways he may be, but in his execution of character, every action of his that's supposed to be nefarious only comes across as irritatingly bland. Izaya simply is not tragic enough in a story that embodies so much of it, mentally ill seemingly without purpose and eternally cheery without even the slightest bit of disruption or event horizon, this consistency and staleness throughout completely soils any potential his character did have, and makes him seem incredibly hateful and disinteresting to boot. None of his arcs were any of my favored, and despite him having some "pivitol" role, I always thought him to be replaceable.  Someone else, perhaps, would've been a grittier choice, but too offensive for the youngsters to digest.

A textbook example of a safe villain with no exciting past or tragedy, Izaya's supposed 'coolness' may capture the attention of some, but to my sense of taste, is nothing but pretentiousness wrapped up in what happens to be an equally pretentious design that still is somehow astonishingly meh. He never has any climaxes or arcs where he learns anything, he tends to escape unscathed or with minor beatings, until the final act where he's finally dealt some form of karmatic justice, even if it unfortunately does not end his life and existence in its entirety. I for one am not a fan of subtlety, but Izaya's brand of what was supposed to be 'subtlety' to me is projected in such a way that I simply cannot find in my heart the sympathy or the care to want him to win, live, or contribute. The story would be on perhaps better footing with less dragging out of arcs if a more tragic villain swept in to replace the bore, and thirteen volumes wouldn't be as excessive and towards the end, lousily paced as they were, if not for a little diddy with the initials IO.

Simply put, there are much, much better examples of villainy in fiction than Izaya, which is why it's so shocking that he is highly ranked as he is. In almost all senses I undeniably am repulsed or bored by him. He's a dumb broad with some level of luck whose supposed mental illness was improbably brought on by boredom in a nonsensically booooring backstory that explains nothing of value and wastes pages. A yawnfest. Total yawnfest.

Posted (edited)

Not a huge rant but just me whining moreso

I was in an AP American History class, and there was a discussion about BLM. No one else was speaking so I was like "oh hey just do it, better than keeping quiet" and there were two people heading the discussion. Both were white mind you, and I'm not huge to sit around and whine about race but in this circumstance it kind of got under my skin because of remarks made. I raised my voice and said "Well, I don't believe cops are inherently racist, I have a brother on the force". This was the biggest mistake I could have made. They SCREAMED OVER ME. I couldn't even get a word in. They called me a bigot, a racist, ect. I hate it when people do this. You expect to be taken seriously, and accuse the other side of being bigots, but you're the ones screaming and yelling at me and not allowing me to have a platform for my opinions because you don't agree. That's hypocritical, at best. It's also just petty. But, just because you think your opinion is "better" doesn't mean you can shut down any way for someone to disagree with you. That's also just childish. I like to hear people out(unless it's nonsense like 'oh the holocaust didn't happen'). It's interesting to hear other opinions, but I hate being labeled intolerant, then automatically being shut down when I have an opposing opinion. That really shows who's "intolerant" and a "bigot". You're literally worse than the side you disagree with if you're shutting down their platform for free opinions, and just making flat out attacks.

I'm rambling I'm sorry if it makes no sense

edit: the reason I brought race into it at the beginning was the fact they were discussing "white passing privilege" in the black community. Like really? You're talking about the black community, which you're not a part of. How dare they say my opinion is less valid about a race issue than that of a darker skinned person? I'm light skinned for being mixed, yes, but my place seems more valid than theirs in a conversation about the black community. I know it sounds hypocritical, but I don't think white SJWs should act like they're the voice of reason in a conversation they're not involved in I guess.

Edited by Shinobu

Posted

I hate it when people talk about me and assume I have an attitude just because of the way I look at people. I'm just really quiet and I don't know why you care enough to tell your friends about me. 

Posted

Idk if this applies to other racial communities but I hate this "black love" movement that's been going on in the black community. Don't get me wrong I don't hate the idea of two ppl of the same race dating since it is more common but I hate that ppl now feel they have the right to judge you on how pro-black you are as a black person based on who you date. All of a sudden dating a non-black guy is a huge no-no and makes you anti black and tell the whole community that you are out to ruin "black love" and the "black family". Um no you can call everyone else racist and oppressive then turn around and do the same shit to your own community. I honestly can't stand the community sometimes, like I want to stand with them but they can be so fucking petty that I feel like just going my own way because if falling in love with someone who isn't black makes me "whitewashed" or "anti black " than there's no point of hanging around.

Posted

I don't think children complete a woman (or a relationship/marriage). I hate it when my married friends who all have babies tell me I need one to be happy. No, no I do not. I'm happy with my life, and I do not want children. Ever. 

Posted

I have only a few friends which I can count in my fingers but lately specially after a tragic event 2 months ago I noticed some of my friends have found "better" ones. I thought I must be annoying or boring  but I don't think it's really that. One other rarely talks (I mean really) with me since she started dating with a douche. Other did the same and everytime I called her she started to say stuff about the guy she was having a relationship (another douche who only used her to provoke his ex KEK) but now came back but I always feel like I'm the second option, I don't know what to do and I don't really like people of my college because they are childish as fuck 

I don't think children complete a woman (or a relationship/marriage). I hate it when my married friends who all have babies tell me I need one to be happy. No, no I do not. I'm happy with my life, and I do not want children. Ever. 

Hell, I hate that. I'd rather die than give birth, having children always looked like a nightmare for me but some people always says I'll change my thoughts, that children will make me "complete" and worse, they say the quiet ones are the first to give birth and most naughty ohhhh STFU and respect my choice pls :notimp:

Posted

I have only a few friends which I can count in my fingers but lately specially after a tragic event 2 months ago I noticed some of my friends have found "better" ones. I thought I must be annoying or boring  but I don't think it's really that. One other rarely talks (I mean really) with me since she started dating with a douche. Other did the same and everytime I called her she started to say stuff about the guy she was having a relationship (another douche who only used her to provoke his ex KEK) but now came back but I always feel like I'm the second option, I don't know what to do and I don't really like people of my college because they are childish as fuck 

Hell, I hate that. I'd rather die than give birth, having children always looked like a nightmare for me but some people always says I'll change my thoughts, that children will make me "complete" and worse, they say the quiet ones are the first to give birth and most naughty ohhhh STFU and respect my choice pls :notimp:

Exactly! I've made up my mind that I don't want babies when I was 12. 12. I want to continue travelling, I want to sleep and go out whenever I want to, I want to sit and play my video games as long as I want to, and I don't want to bring a kid into the world we have now. I don't hate children; they just don't fit into my personal lifestyle choice. If I had the option, I would have my uterus and ovaries removed. 

If I do decide to have children, I would sooner take in a child no one wanted. There are so many orphaned kids that need homes.

It's just really annoying when others try to convince you that having any will totally ~complete~ you. No. The Sims 4: City Life and Saints Row completes my life. gtfo 

As for friends: been there, done that. I eventually blew off everyone because I don't need to feel like a convenience or second choice. I'd rather be a loner than go through that again. 
¬¬