• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

987 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Edited by LittleFlower

Posted (edited)

Agreed with everything you said but not wanting to have kids is a completely normal and acceptable, PERSONAL choice. It doesn't mean you're a strange or depressed person. Just saying. That's just such a ignorant thing to say. Like out of all the problematic things they've done, not having kids isn't one of them. It's 2020 

Edited by LittleFlower
Sorry for the misunderstanding about the kids stuff and if I offended anyone. Read message below.

Posted (edited)

Dude please don't misunderstand me. I mentioned it as in they are not planning to do anything with their life. They don't want to take their job seriously, they don't want to contribute with anything and they don't wanna have kids. I personally don't want kids too, so don't take it as me judging them so hard based on that choice. I am just curious to what they are doing with their lives since they don't fill their time with anything. Cheers! 

I really did not mean to attack them based on that personal choice, especially that I myself opt for the same thing. I just find it weird that they just don't do shit everyday, because you would assume that a couple not doing a single damn thing everyday and not wanting Youtube anymore would at least plan to focus on something else (but they don't).

Ps: What I don't find normal is the fact that they act like 80 yrs old people whereas they are only 30. They don't even have projects or whatsoever. Just sitting home not doing shit and scamming the teens that still believe in the magic of Japan.

You can have kids and also not contribute anything to society and also not work/or take your job seriously. Having kids isn't an achievement of productivity. 

They just seem lazy and content begging for money. Parents do this too on FB. So. Anyways moving on. Their old content was amazing, it's sad to see what their channel has become since then. Still have their old videos on my favorited list. Seems like most j-vloggers have lost that "spark" that they once had with their channels.  :alpacabored:

Edited by Rosycheeks
spelling

Posted (edited)

I didn't imply that having kids means that they are productive, but it would be understandable if they were giving up Youtube because they are planning to have kids and thus, shift their focus to that since that's what happened to many Youtubers. Really no offense to them in terms of that or whatsoever. 

Ps: Sorry if I offended anyone, I think there was a misunderstanding 

Edited by LittleFlower

Posted (edited)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBz5HlqcY8s did anyone see their latest 2nd channel video? ughhh why is she still putting fillers in her lips, it's so obvious! she looked much better w/o them T_T she's starting to look rly different, and i'm now more positive than ever that she's gotten more work done that we don't know about, even beyond the lip stuff (most likely non-invasive stuff but still). 

NOT shaming her at all, just my opinion that she looked better w/o all that. her nose job is still the only thing i would've done (coming from someone who wants a nose job as well, so plz don't think i'm judging ps). the lips are especially bad bc it reminds me of a blow up doll..... 

she is still rly pretty tho

Edited by rurihari

Posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBz5HlqcY8s did anyone see their latest 2nd channel video? ughhh why is she still putting fillers in her lips, it's so obvious! she looked much better w/o them T_T she's starting to look rly different, and i'm now more positive than ever that she's gotten more work done that we don't know about (even beyond the lip stuff)

NOT shaming her at all, just my opinion that she looked better w/o all that. her nose job is still the only thing i would've done (coming from someone who wants a nose job as well, so plz don't think i'm judging ps). the lips are especially bad bc it reminds me of a blow up doll..... 

Actually, I was more distracted by the cheek fillers. She's starting to look more and more like Taylor R. 

Posted

Rachel if you want to be on camera so much, how about making content yourself versus stealing jun's spotlight. Ugh even if he was ok with it, it just looks like she took over that vlog channel.

Posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBz5HlqcY8s did anyone see their latest 2nd channel video? ughhh why is she still putting fillers in her lips, it's so obvious! she looked much better w/o them T_T she's starting to look rly different, and i'm now more positive than ever that she's gotten more work done that we don't know about, even beyond the lip stuff (most likely non-invasive stuff but still). 

Wow haven't caught up with them in a while but geez. What happened to Rachel's face? It looks stiff when she talks, and certain parts don't move. I honestly thought she looked fine before but she's starting to look like Jaclyn Hill or handsome squidward.

Handsome-Squidward on Scratch

Tbh I always thought Jun's love for cats was somehow physically embodied by Rachel... She looks like a cat (like an orange one). I just dislike how she really plays into that red head stereotype of being "feisty" but comes off as unnecessarily rude. 

Posted (edited)

She used to be very beautiful at some point (2016 mostly, she was a solid 9 in some videos).

Wow haven't caught up with them in a while but geez. What happened to Rachel's face? It looks stiff when she talks, and certain parts don't move. I honestly thought she looked fine before but she's starting to look like Jaclyn Hill or handsome squidward.

Handsome-Squidward on Scratch

Tbh I always thought Jun's love for cats was somehow physically embodied by Rachel... She looks like a cat (like an orange one). I just dislike how she really plays into that red head stereotype of being "feisty" but comes off as unnecessarily rude. 

I agree with you for the Jun's part as well. I feel like he is somehow just someone with a kid's heart. He doesn't care about anything apart from his little pleasures and sees Rachel as this special "cat" to whom he owes a lot. He really doesn't strike me as someone who is highly ambitious or very active, and this just becomes worse throughout the years as he becomes a literal copy of Rachel.  He starts talking like her, applies her ideas in his videos, he became extremely cheap, and just thinks like her now. But I think he is perfectly fine with it 

Rachel if you want to be on camera so much, how about making content yourself versus stealing jun's spotlight. Ugh even if he was ok with it, it just looks like she took over that vlog channel.

I feel like this is happening for 2 reasons:

-Jun is really running out of ideas. There are dozens of channels like his and even better that share recipes more often. 

-Rachel wants Jun's audience to know that she still EXISTS and so that she gets comments again like: you are soooo lucky Jun cooks for you perfection omg uwuu

Edited by LittleFlower

Posted

Their views have taken a hit with their latest videos , it's pretty low compared to their average :doge:

Posted (edited)

I stopped following them for a few years now (I think the last video I saw was the one about the moving company they got sponsored to do a video on) but reading the few recent pages in this thread makes me believe that at some point they'll either have to find a job outside of Youtube to make ends meet or eventually just make their online presence disappear in the same manner as Texan In Tokyo.

Edited by justathrowawaylurker
Forgot to add the word "presence" for some reason.

Posted

I stopped following them for a few years now (I think the last video I saw was the one about the moving company they got sponsored to do a video on) but reading the few recent pages in this thread makes me believe that at some point they'll either have to find a job outside of Youtube to make ends meet or eventually just make their online presence disappear in the same manner as Texan In Tokyo.

it's sad tbh. Texan in Tokyo left at their peak or when it barely started on a decline and so they left decently funded (but of course, Grace has her degree and found a good job at Austin's University + Ryosuke) with a good reputation but Rachel and Jun might disappear with nothing, even with monetization of old videos.

Posted

it's sad tbh. Texan in Tokyo left at their peak or when it barely started on a decline and so they left decently funded (but of course, Grace has her degree and found a good job at Austin's University + Ryosuke) with a good reputation but Rachel and Jun might disappear with nothing, even with monetization of old videos.

R&J must have been raking in the cash at the peak of their channel, honey. I'm not a YouTuber so I can only guess, but $200k to $400k per year sounds about right. They've had a massive number of subscribers and video views across their channels for some time now. That kind of momentum doesn't come to a halt over night and they can probably milk it for many more years to come. Look at how slowly Mira's channel lost viewers despite her changing her format dramatically from Japanese Waifu to ISIS Bride.

I stopped watching R&J channels regularly a couple of years ago because it became so focused on cats. I don't have anything against cats and if their viewership goes up with cat videos then I can hardly blame them, but I'm just not interested in other peoples' cats. However, despite that, I'm still subscribed, and if a video title pops up on their channel that looks interesting then I will watch it. But that's rare these days.