• Announcements

• *NEW* PULL FAQ   07/11/20

Hello. It has been a long time coming, but we finally have a PULL FAQ! In this FAQ you may find answers to most commonly asked questions here on the site. Please make sure to read the FAQ before asking a question in the Site Feedback (formerly the "Make Your Voice Heard") subforum as chances are your question has already been answered. If it has not been answered, then feel free to ask your question within the thread or make a new one with your question. The FAQ can be found in 2 locations: The News & Announcements section and the Site Feedback section. We hope this helps current and new users. Thank you.

999 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

sorry there are formatting issues and first comment got deleted and it wasn't interesting so im not gonna retype lol, but my second comment was gonna be about: maybe im just gross af but does anyone with cats actually wipe down and disinfect their counters before using a cutting board to cook? like ill wipe them down occasionally or spot clean when they get messy but i couldn't imagine doing that every single time before i cooked something, especially when having to go to work/school/take care of my animals/study...

it could also be that my cat doesn't go on our counters in the first place lol, but it still seems odd. my cat will put her foot on the corner of my empty plate and i'm just so enslaved and dead inside that i'll eat off it no problem lol.

i guess it ties in again to the just, being kind of lukewarm people lol... or maybe i am just too disillusioned and grumpy at the ripe age of 19 to find any of this entertaining

Edited by scorp-io
it messed up again

Posted (edited)

new video on Juns channel. I don't mind them posting this simple of a "recipe" but the way Rachel speaks to jun is so rude and off putting. This isnt the first video i've noticed this but its like bad.

Just like someone said earlier, he is perfectly fine with it. Maybe he was actually the one who suggested this concept because he feels bored with this Youtube thing too. 

Also, am I the only one who finds their life to be empty? Youtube was a golden opportunity for them that is for sure, however, I think that Youtube became now a huge obstacle for them. 

Edited by LittleFlower

Posted

also holy mackerel i haven't seen rachel in a long time and i am not getting on nobody for their appearance but she looks so radically different. its crazy how even changing just two or one features can make your face look so... different. i hope shes happy and healthy though personally im anti-plastic surgery. im watching the fried chicken video bc i need something to """hatewatch""" after a tiring school day.

she just acted so weirdly juvenile behind the camera, and then when she came on to try the chicken, which can i just mention, she sounds like such an unsupportive partner. i don't even speak to my sister that way, and we're both incredibly sarcastic people, esp towards each other. but watching her critique his cooking, and him having to say "is this ok? is this ok?" after he wanted to add an ingredient, and then she went and messed with his plating process... left a really bad taste in my mouth.

ill just say as a home cook if someone in my family tried to do this to me while i was cooking they'd lose a mf HAND lmao. so obnoxious

it makes me feel bad to say esp because i dont know them at all personally or even really from an online perspective, but gosh man. how could you edit that and say "yep seems like a good representation for our relationship" and then upload it to the internet.

also that continuous "holy poki" joke was so drawn out and annoying.

Posted

Just like someone said earlier, he is perfectly fine with it. Maybe he was actually the one who suggested this concept because he feels bored with this Youtube thing too. 

Also, am I the only one who finds their life to be very empty and boring? Their last videos are just tasteless cash grab and they have no friends or any other interest/social life. Youtube was a golden opportunity for them that is for sure, however, I think that Youtube became now a huge obstacle for them. It turned them into lazy people without any purpose or social life; Jun became super fake and is barely improving his culinary skills (he keeps repeating the same tricks basically and he started making simple dishes with very low effort), and Rachel I guess she is burnt out a lot, more than Jun so I understand her a bit. Jeez, I hope they can find a better alternative. The only things that are keeping them on Youtube is their cats and every thirsty girl yelling Jun is hot.

Yeah you can tell Jun doesn't really like talking on camera but people complained so now he tries to be outgoing. 

I think they woke up one day and check their bank accounts and realized they needed money so we got this video. 

Posted (edited)

Yeah you can tell Jun doesn't really like talking on camera but people complained so now he tries to be outgoing. 

I think they woke up one day and check their bank accounts and realized they needed money so we got this video. 

A lot of people complained in the comments that they miss the old format with Jun not speaking at all.

Edited by LittleFlower

Posted

At first I thought that as long as these videos aren't on JunsKitchen, I don't care because I'm not subscribed to their other channels. But then again, he doesn't really post often on JunsKitchen, so I'm thinking of unsubbing from there too. Because what's the point of being subscribed when,honestly, there's a ton of similar channels nowadays, and many are much more active and fun to watch, even where people don't talk. In the last half-year I've found nigiricco, Tina's Life and Rhea Y., who all post more regularly, almost never talk, have recipes ranging from simple to awesome, their videos are soothing and nice format, and nigiricco even has a cat which is featured at the end of each video for less than a minute doing cute stuff.

Posted

At first I thought that as long as these videos aren't on JunsKitchen, I don't care because I'm not subscribed to their other channels. But then again, he doesn't really post often on JunsKitchen, so I'm thinking of unsubbing from there too. Because what's the point of being subscribed when,honestly, there's a ton of similar channels nowadays, and many are much more active and fun to watch, even where people don't talk. In the last half-year I've found nigiricco, Tina's Life and Rhea Y., who all post more regularly, almost never talk, have recipes ranging from simple to awesome, their videos are soothing and nice format, and nigiricco even has a cat which is featured at the end of each video for less than a minute doing cute stuff.

Dude same! At some point I was cleaning my YouTube feed and thought "Wait, what's the point in staying on a followers list for a channel that uploads like three times a year and isn't that enjoyable anymore?"

(Also OT but thanks for the rec about Tina's Life - I knew about nigiricco and Rhea - who are both really great - but not about Tina so thanks! At least, these boards are good at letting me update my subscriber's list lol)

Posted

There is so much you can do with Jun's vlog channel. Give us a garden update, just have the camera out while cooking with lofi music, go behind the scenes time lapse on the next video and post it after you post the main video. Vlog on the products you are using with links below. 

Posted (edited)

There is so much you can do with Jun's vlog channel. Give us a garden update, just have the camera out while cooking with lofi music, go behind the scenes time lapse on the next video and post it after you post the main video. Vlog on the products you are using with links below. 

Pretty sure he is tired of doing this. 

The first thing they thought about after having enough money is building a house, like Jesus... Enjoy life for a while guys, you are in your 30's and this is the best time to do so. Go out, travel, do crazy things, spend the money that you worked so hard for the past few years... but I guess to each their thing

Edited by LittleFlower

Posted

Just gonna have to agree with Rachel on the peeler...

Posted (edited)

The first thing they thought about after having enough money is building a house, like Jesus... Enjoy life for a while guys, you are in your 30's and this is the best time to do so. Go out, travel, do crazy things, spend the money that you worked so hard for the past few years... but I guess to each their thing

I disagree here. Especially in you early 30s you have to make certain financal futures plans and analyse the current situation and possible developments in the future (work, children,...etc.). It is the time when you cannot be that carefree like in your 20s and have to make certain decisions. When you want a house it is a wise decision to start now and getting a good credit so long you have good income. You still can sell it later when you break up or want to move. Also everyone has different preference and not everyone is into adventure, travelling, partying. They had that for years. Many in their 30s develop a feeling for wanting settling down (whereas other want even more actions as before).

Even when they are loosing interest they still can milk youtube for circa 8 years. I doubt they have such power of enduracne though. I mean how hard can it be producing some fancy looking cooking video once in a month? Especially when your viewers are mainly a naive young fan base with zero to normal everday cooking experience and mainly fancy you simply for the perfect japanese husband image. JunsKitchen channel has so much potential for money making.  And instead they could do less and better vlogs.

Edited by Veeja

Posted

I mean that is what they have been doing in their 20s is traveling and doing things only people could dream about. 

Posted (edited)

I mean that is what they have been doing in their 20s is traveling and doing things only people could dream about. 

Debatable. Traveling for a sponsor and filming literally everything is not fun at all. They were advertising Odigo and Japan, and had to film every moment. Even Rachel and Jun said that it was exhausting and barely fun, and I believed them because it is definitely not great at all when you travel for work purposes and you have the camera on the whole time.

Rachel pretty much struggled a lot with a job and conditions she hated until the age of 26, and then when she went to Japan, her and Jun worked extremely hard for 3 years straight ( a whole lot of videos, and quality ones as well). That's why I am saying now that they are 30, they should have some fun together finally, which I think they kinda do now thats why they disappeared. 

I disagree here. Especially in you early 30s you have to make certain financal futures plans and analyse the current situation and possible developments in the future (work, children,...etc.). It is the time when you cannot be that carefree like in your 20s and have to make certain decisions. When you want a house it is a wise decision to start know and getting a good credit so long you have good income. You still can sell it later when you break up or want to move. Also everyone has different preference and not everyone is into adventure, travelling, partying. They had that for years. Many in their 30s develop a feeling for wanting settling down (whereas other want even more actions as before).

Even when they are loosing interest they still can milk youtube for circa 8 years. I doubt they have such power of enduracne though. I mean how hard can it be producing some fancy looking cooking video once in a month? Especially when your viewers are mainly a naive young fan base with zero to normal everday cooking experience and mainly fancy you simply for the perfect japanese husband image. JunsKitchen channel has so much potential for money making.  And instead they could do less and better vlogs.

Edited by LittleFlower

Posted

i mean i'm 19 and if i had as much money as they do i would love to buy some property and build a house, most people my age could only dream of buying a house, even in the far away future. i don't think that's the worst decision they've ever made haha

and totally speculating here, but maybe part of the reason for the terrible content and bad youtuber/pateron ethics is because they actually didn't work all that hard and just got pretty lucky? i mean, i haven't seen all of their videos but it truly never seemed like incredibly groundbreaking or documentary-level stuff.. i know people have said that it was totally different from the other jtuber content, so it stood out in that way, but that doesn't mean that they developed the work ethic and understanding that you get when you actually work really hard to build a name for yourself.

thats what i think anyways. i think they had a period of smooth-sailing when their content was new and interesting, but now that they have reached a point that would actually require work ethic and creativity, they're drowning like a brick because they never had to develop that skill.

i saw jun uploaded a new mexican recipe with beef in a bowl or something, but i'm vegan and truly cannot be bothered to watch these two chop up meat and be boring, so could yall tell me if there's any tea lol?

Posted (edited)

They both seem like introverts and I mean really introverted. ( I'm introverted but would travel more if I had the time and money) they've seen the world and now they just want to settle down, at video games, and just chill at home. 

The new video is boring. I like watching Rachel but these videos she just does nothing but talk while Jun is cooking. There is no point of her being in the video. I like when she gives Jun feedback in his videos but this just seems random and boring.

Edited by saber932