• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

884 posts in this topic

Posted

@saber934 

While I agree when it comes to that particular vlog, some people like me lose interest overall. I'm bored with the constant cat videos and I even like cats. I haven't watched maybe the last three or more videos. I'm thinking of turning off the notifications. I feel like I already know what will happen in the vlogs, so why bother watching it? They did a variety of different vlogs, travel vlogs, cats, cooking, gaming, reading, rambling that was somehow relateable and stuff I probably forgot. These days it's 98% cat videos.

I mean I've been saying i didn't care for the cat vlogs but that is sadly the money maker 😅

Posted

Rachel really annoyed me in this video...normally she doesn't but it felt like she kept trying to be funny but kept coming off as a dick. Jun's Kitchen is a lot better when it is Jun's Kitchen...

Posted (edited)

Anyone noticed how Rachel tried to include herself in two videos of Jun lately? 

Also, they started putting 4 to 5 ads in each vid like wtf. Thats the first time they ever do this

I think I feel bad mostly because of Jun. He really changed a lot, and not to the better to be honest. I really liked the old him, when he was still innocent and genuine. Idk if I am the only one, but I feel like he is trying too hard to be American with the new hairstyle, his yanky forced accent, and the expressions he uses. Nothing wrong with being American, I just think it sucks when you give up your identity. He seems so fake to me lately and it's annoying. He became super commercial too and the last thing I expected from him, is to put 5 ads in a video. He has no personality at this point and it just feels like he is a puppet of Rachel and his audience who sees in him the incarnation of their weeb obsession. Their whole life became a brand and without Youtube, I bet it would suck for them afterwards.

Edited by LittleFlower

Posted

i'm disappointed, but not that surprised 

after living together for years, most people end up becoming more and more like the other. can you imagine Rachel toning down herself to match Jun? making relaxed videos consistently without screaming at the camera or making those exagerated facial expressions? i dont, because she clearly has a more dominating personality as we've seen for the last few years of their online presence, and is married to a person that is clearly ok with that

this entire time Jun has just been going along with what his wife wants to make her happy, so its normal that after such a long time together Jun switched up and started becoming more similar to how Rachel is. but i dont feel bad for him at all because this is clearly what he signed up for. i dont buy this story that he's an innocent little lamb and he has no choice but to do whatever someone else says. he obviously loves Rachel and is ok with having to adjust himself to fit whatever direction she takes. in fact, i think that kind of approach fits his personality perfectly. thats clearly a choice he decided to make, so if he's willing to build his entire identity around his wife, why would i feel sorry for him?

I completely agree with you. I don't feel sorry for him at all. I still believe he is living his best life. This latter would have sucked so much if it wasn't for Rachel. He would have been still washing the dishes in a restaurant, earning minimum wage and just getting by. I just said I felt bad because I usually do when I see people leaving their identity to please someone else. I just think that it's clearer now that Jun has no personality and his life just revolves around Rachel. I feel like he feels obliged to do everything she wishes because he owes her truly a lot. His success is all because of her, and he could have never achieved 10% of what he has done so far if it wasn't for her. No matter how much she will piss him off, I don't think he can ever do something about it.  

His whole life mission is to please Rachel somehow at this point. He is so damn privileged not gonna lie, but I would still feel bad if I was dependent on someone 100%. I think it's the same case for Rachel. I cannot imagine her without Jun. They don't have friends, just each other. Their fans filled the void a little bit all these years, but damn I can only imagine how hard its gonna be for them afterwards. 

Honestly, there are so many Asians like Jun and thats why you can see that there are so many weebs and people rooting for Asian men in the comments. Many of them can be very passive and without an ounce of authority, and that is honestly not very nice. 

Posted (edited)

Only cats videos AGAIN  - I unsubscribed. Yeah took me long but they had often nice interesting culture videos between the other ones and I was so positive after the nice light-up art show video a few weeks ago things would change but no. The last year has been really low quality content wise. They are stuck and it refletcs in their videos.

Edited by Veeja

Posted

I usually love Jun's cooking videos but the most recent one (fried chicken) was kind of ruined by Rachel being so obnoxious...never noticed it as much before but it's what drove me to this forum today. I guess she was trying to be cute/funny but she just came off so ignorant and closed-minded. 

Also Rachel cleans up so well (and looks like a ghost when she doesn't); it's a shame she doesn't bother wearing even a little bit of makeup on camera. Some mascara would do wonders!

Posted

I feel like they are starting to become more and more irrelevant, the only things that are still keeping their channels alive is their cats (lately all cat videos get millions of views, last time I got a cat video in my recommendations with 30 million views in less than a week); and of course the fact that they have 4 channels and social media in which they are active. So, whenever someone uploads on one channel, other channels earn followers and views too since they link them under each vid.

Posted (edited)

im sorry but the whole "omg im so cat-obsessed guys look at this cat !!! and this cat !!" comes off as so disingenuous

i love my cats and i absolutely love cats in all forms, but how could that be what your life revolves around? and that's not only for these two, but their viewers who eat it up. one or two cats videos, eh ok? but to have almost every video be a cat video, and when its not just centered around cats being cats, you're still constantly filling the video to the brim with them?

to me it doesn't show a love for cats at all, but a complete emptiness of any diverse interest. like, just being really stale.

i was never a huge, huge fan of them tbh, something always felt a bit off? but i think this whole lack of not only just videos, but interesting videos, is because they're not super interesting people. i hope this doesn't come across as a personal attack towards them, i don't hold literally any malicious feeling towards either of them, just an observation i guess?

this is all my personal opinion though ! i know some of you really like them and i get that, we're all different and have different tastes, but i don't think the state of their content is strictly because of the bags of money they're making lol

i am also a very boring person ! but i dont make videos for millions of people online and take their money through patreon lol

Edited by scorp-io
i'm super sick atm and totally emitted some words dslfsdf

Posted

I haven't had the chance to watch the video yet (but am looking forward to it, based off your comments), but I think Jun looks very handsome with his his haircut and facial hair. I've never found him to be attractive, but this look does him well. 

(I'd spoiler this, but I'm on mobil)

Posted

im sorry but the whole "omg im so cat-obsessed guys look at this cat !!! and this cat !!" comes off as so disingenuous

i love my cats and i absolutely love cats in all forms, but how could that be what your life revolves around? and that's not only for these two, but their viewers who eat it up. one or two cats videos, eh ok? but to have almost every video be a cat video, and when its not just centered around cats being cats, you're still constantly filling the video to the brim with them?

to me it doesn't show a love for cats at all, but a complete emptiness of any diverse interest. like, just being really stale.

i was never a huge, huge fan of them tbh, something always felt a bit off? but i think this whole lack of not only just videos, but interesting videos, is because they're not super interesting people. i hope this doesn't come across as a personal attack towards them, i don't hold literally any malicious feeling towards either of them, just an observation i guess?

this is all my personal opinion though ! i know some of you really like them and i get that, we're all different and have different tastes, but i don't think the state of their content is strictly because of the bags of money they're making lol

i am also a very boring person ! but i dont make videos for millions of people online and take their money through patreon lol

The world is full of boring people, so... And I think there are many people out there who like watching them just as a distraction. I don't think anyone finds them really interesting, from the comments, most people say that they find their videos relaxing and chill. They are just this type of creators that you watch too when you are freaking bored and just want to turn your brain off. As for other people who do find them interesting (the ones that usually scream I ship them uwu and who draw them and live their weeb fantasy through them), they are usually kids or teens at most. 

Rachel and Jun both know that they are super boring and they acknowledged it many times before on their videos, however, I think they don't give a shit now and they just focus on earning money from Patreon and putting 6 ads in each video now. They will probably build their house, find a project and then get the f*ck outta Youtube, that's all.

I used to think that Jun's videos were kinda special, but I noticed that they are definitely not. There are hundreds of channels like his now, and even when he was the most popular at some point, his videos were still inspired from Peaceful Cuisine and Cooking with Dog. And now, he is getting even less interesting and just following Rachel like a puppet. The tree's design is easily found on Pinterest, and the last vid on his vlog Channel is inspired from Tasty. That is definitelt Rachel's idea so that people can scream in the comments omg collaaab with Rie from Tasty pleaaase.

Posted

Weirdly enough, I can't bear to look at their cats videos (I don't remember clicking on any of their video in ages tbh) but I've watched all the videos centered around the stray cats that 2Hearts1Seoul put out... I feel like it's how you frame the videos: R&J feels like a quick cash grab / lazy update when Sarah&Kyuho's looks more genuine (and their vlogs don't revolve around cats only.)

If R&J would release videos of regular updates (even boring whatever) and then a lil' update about the cats, fine I'd watch (or maybe not) but the other way around is just plain damn annoying.

Posted

real obvious by now, but randj's golden era is over. 

Posted (edited)

new video on Juns channel. I don't mind them posting this simple of a "recipe" but the way Rachel speaks to jun is so rude and off putting. This isnt the first video i've noticed this but its like bad.

Edited by Cherrypretty

Posted (edited)

sorry there are formatting issues and first comment got deleted and it wasn't interesting so im not gonna retype lol, but my second comment was gonna be about: maybe im just gross af but does anyone with cats actually wipe down and disinfect their counters before using a cutting board to cook? like ill wipe them down occasionally or spot clean when they get messy but i couldn't imagine doing that every single time before i cooked something, especially when having to go to work/school/take care of my animals/study...

it could also be that my cat doesn't go on our counters in the first place lol, but it still seems odd. my cat will put her foot on the corner of my empty plate and i'm just so enslaved and dead inside that i'll eat off it no problem lol.

i guess it ties in again to the just, being kind of lukewarm people lol... or maybe i am just too disillusioned and grumpy at the ripe age of 19 to find any of this entertaining

Edited by scorp-io
it messed up again