• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

990 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I forgot I was subbed to them.

a hashtag that they are hoping it will go viral

Also, they have merch wtf? Just why do they still need that Patreon, Jesus Christ.

Edited by LittleFlower

Posted (edited)

Also, they have merch wtf? Just why do they still need that Patreon, Jesus Christ.

I don't wanna seem that kind of person, but this video screams "We will ride the wave of "save the environment" and bring a hashtag on Youtube so that we can still stay relevant, and perhaps even go viral"

They've had the same merch for years so that really isnt new. I think they print it whenever someone orders. 

I cant hate on them for cleaning a beach vs showing their cats. I thought this was a nice idea that they could do once a month or once in awhile. Give them a hobby that helps the community. (edit: ok so they are going to do more events. I hope they keep it up for a change) I love how the majority was foreigners *partial sarcasm* I wish they promoted more to the locals to help out. I don't understand the hashtags when the majority of the people she hashtag were in the video.

I cant stand Sonny for some reason. Maybe because of the asking money for their dog by using rachel and jun channel but she comes off fake in the videos. 

Edited by saber932

Posted (edited)

They've had the same merch for years so that really isnt new. I think they print it whenever someone orders. 

I cant hate on them for cleaning a beach vs showing their cats. I thought this was a nice idea that they could do once a month or once in awhile. Give them a hobby that helps the community. (edit: ok so they are going to do more events. I hope they keep it up for a change) I love how the majority was foreigners *partial sarcasm* I wish they promoted more to the locals to help out. I don't understand the hashtags when the majority of the people she hashtag were in the video.

I cant stand Sonny for some reason. Maybe because of the asking money for their dog by using rachel and jun channel but she comes off fake in the videos. 

I have this feeling that Sonny and co just hang out with Rachel because they have a Youtube channel. That dog fundraising was just pathetic. I feel like Rachel and Jun may find themselves lonely again soon. I really don't want that for them to be honest.

As much as I think they are doing a bad job lately, I wouldn't wish for them to go through the same hassle. Japan really sucks when it comes to having friends.

Edited by LittleFlower

Posted

I have this feeling that Sonny and co just hang out with Rachel because they have a Youtube channel. That dog fundraising was just hella pathetic. I feel like Rachel and Jun will find themselves lonely again soon. I really don't want that for them to be honest.

As much as I think they are doing a terrible job lately, I wouldn't wish for them to go through the same hassle. Japan really sucks when it comes to having friends.

Tbh I feel like it's them wanting to film everything when they're with friends, rather than the friends involved suggesting it. I don't remember them ever going out with someone and posting about it on social media without filming being involved. Maybe that's just what you get used to after so many years on Youtube and if they're not going out much by themselves, it's probably one of the few opportunities to show something interesting (which is... sad). They should focus more on themselves and go out with friends regularly rather than living that shut in life or filming everything. Going out privately (= no filming) with Micaela would be a good way to sozialize with the Fukuoka crowd I believe.

Posted

I believe Rachel and Jun met sonny and co through Micaela. I moved recently as well and realized it is hard to make new friends in your 30s unless you know people. 

Posted

That latest video has an air of 'here you go, ya filthy subbers'. :harharplz:

lmao everything about it tho! The shaky camera had me smh, it was such a change from those high quality food vids he apparently needs months to do. 

Posted

lmao everything about it tho! The shaky camera had me smh, it was such a change from those high quality food vids he apparently needs months to do. 

to be fair he posted it on the personal vlog channel of Jun not Jun's kitchen but the channels look the same 

Posted

I don't wanna seem that kind of person, but this video screams "We will ride the wave of "save the environment" and bring a hashtag on Youtube so that we can still stay relevant, and perhaps even go viral"

That hashtag has been around since like 2015.. But it was really popular early this year. So I don't see this as an attempt to try and catch and "viral wave"
I don't mind this video... Japanese beaches are absolutely filthy.. Such a shame too, because apart from that they are really beautiful.

Posted (edited)

That hashtag has been around since like 2015.. But it was really popular early this year. So I don't see this as an attempt to try and catch and "viral wave"I don't mind this video... Japanese beaches are absolutely filthy.. Such a shame too, because apart from that they are really beautiful.

I think you are right, I took it a bit too far maybe. The reason why I thought in such a way is that everything they have shared as of late doesn't seem genuine at all, and I started doubting a lot of their intentions, which is something I never did before. Do I think they are good people? Yes. Do I think they love their cats? Yes. Do I think they have intentions to have a positive impact? Yes.

However, I believe that with time, they kind of changed and started becoming more superficial. 

Edited by LittleFlower

Posted

Did they change the thumbnail to themselves? I was watching another video with a recommendation to watch their video and I could of sworn it was the group photo before. I could be wrong though. 

Posted

Did they change the thumbnail to themselves? I was watching another video with a recommendation to watch their video and I could of sworn it was the group photo before. I could be wrong though. 

it was a group photo; mustn't have been clickbaity enough

Posted

it was a group photo; mustn't have been clickbaity enough

they were probably better off doing the before and after photo. 

Posted

a non cat video....gasp 

Posted

Posted (edited)

This is why people don't do more volunteer work or anything like that.  They just get demonized and called virtue signalers and trendwhores.

Shitty people can do good things now and then, and them doing something doesn't automatically make it a shitty move, just because they had their dirty paws on it.

Edited by ShoopShow