• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

990 posts in this topic

Posted

I thought he had changed the channel name, didn't realize he has two channels (and that I'm subscribed to both). Why does he have two when he barely uploads anyway? 

the one channel was going to be a vlog cooking channel while the other was supposed to be the fancy editing videos. See what happens 😂

Posted

so jun has those two useless channels, they have rachel & jun, and rachel & jun adventures... that's 4 so far. am I missing anything? god these people are a waste of a two kitchen apartment.

Posted

so jun has those two useless channels, they have rachel & jun, and rachel & jun adventures... that's 4 so far. am I missing anything? god these people are a waste of a two kitchen apartment.

there's a channel for their cats specifically I think

Posted

Good lord, Jun's new video is so bad. Camera keeps focusing, it's so close to everything it's hard to see what's he doing... What happened

Ok, so there's absolutely nothing wrong with the video in and of itself. It's a fairly standard 'cook with me' video, pretty relaxing, the food is simple enough that the camera doesn't need to focus all the time, whatever.

The problem is that the budget and editing for this are the bare minimum. All seasoned YTers can turn this out in one to two days. It's also only 2 minutes long. If YT is still their main source of revenue then yea, I'd be mad as a viewer, but having seen this video I'm not sure if that's the case.

Honestly my theory for Jun is that he gets most of his revenue from patreon and fulfills his patreon requests at the $5 tier and doesn't do YT videos as a result. Or they both have non YT jobs and just haven't told any of their followers. Imo they seem to have lost steam/ interest with YT anyway so it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case.

At this point there's just more cooking channels out there that put out quality stuff on a regular basis that I don't see any reason for being subbed to Jun's Kitchen.

Posted

That latest video has an air of 'here you go, ya filthy subbers'. :harharplz:

Posted (edited)

As I said earlier, these two already earn a lot of money without doing anything at all. I don't think they have another job, Youtube is more than enough for them.

Most people don't realize it, but go check Socialblade and you will see that their 4 channels generate 15 million views each month at least because of people watching their old content. With the average stuff that Jun is sharing lately, he still managed to get 100k followers in less than a week. They are extremely overrated at this point and there is nothing that can be done about it.

15 millions views is at least 15k dollars a month, "at least", and I am not even gonna mention Patreon. There is no point for them to even share anymore to be honest, if you earn 15k dollars and you live in Fukuoka with no kids, you are living pretty damn well.

Edited by LittleFlower

Posted (edited)

As I said earlier, these two already earn a lot of money without doing anything at all. I don't think they have another job, Youtube is more than enough for them.

Most people don't realize it, but go check Socialblade and you will see that their 4 channels generate 15 million views each month at least because of people watching their old content. With the average stuff that Jun is sharing lately, he still managed to get 100k followers in less than a week. They are extremely overrated at this point and there is nothing that can be done about it.

15 millions views is at least 15k dollars a month, "at least", and I am not even gonna mention Patreon. There is no point for them to even share anymore to be honest, if you earn 15k dollars and you live in Fukuoka with no kids, you are living pretty damn well.

And even when they share garbage, people treat them like gods, especially Jun, the most overrated human being I have ever come across. 

It's unfair but that's how it works on Youtube. Many creators share worse crap and are millionaires. 

And also yes, I think they are tired of Youtube at this point and Jun is really not made for fame. But if he earns thousands of dollars and is treated like an ultimate god, that is still great for him. At least better than washing the dishes in Japan.

I get it but im still going to rant about it 😂 

there's a channel for their cats specifically I think

Its called all their channels 😂 the only other one is the gaming channel that ive never watched. 

Edited by saber932

Posted (edited)

I get it but im still going to rant about it 😂 

Well lol so am I. 

Edited by LittleFlower

Posted

I think their continuous success all boils down to being part of the OG crowd posting "good quality videos on Japan" a couple years ago...

Jun being a Japanese dude but "look, he speaks English!" and "look he cooks and he's soft-spoken, doesn't scream and doesn't do outrageous things to get views!" and "look they have cats so cuuute!" was a main draw for their weeb crowd - who doesn't speak Japanese - so it gives/gave them the impression of an authentic Japanese Youtuber experience without having to learn the language.

And the fact that they are an international/interracial couple and were trying to do the LDR online (that the viewers were in some ways, a part of) was the main draw for the whole AMWF crowd, giving the impression that other non-Asians, identifying somehow with Rachel, could also get themselves a "dreamy Japanese guy".

But as many - myself included - have said before, it's not enough now when Youtube is rife with East Asian accounts that leave ANY of their video in the dust. Whether it's informative videos about Japan or the cooking ones, theirs are overrated now. Anyone with an access to a camera and some video composition and editing skills (+ some knowledge of interesting places in so-and-so country) can do what they offer.

We've seen it with the legion of Korean/Japanese/Chinese accounts rising in the past 2-3 years.

Posted

But as many - myself included - have said before, it's not enough now when Youtube is rife with East Asian accounts that leave ANY of their video in the dust. Whether it's informative videos about Japan or the cooking ones, theirs are overrated now. Anyone with an access to a camera and some video composition and editing skills (+ some knowledge of interesting places in so-and-so country) can do what they offer.

We've seen it with the legion of Korean/Japanese/Chinese accounts rising in the past 2-3 years.

Seriously though, this is why I stopped watching content made by foreigners. There's been a boom in content created by Japanese, Korean, etc people and they actually speak the languages. I'd rather watch Asian boss and see a niche interview then see 'omg blueeee pepsi!' for the 1000x time by another white english teacher. 

Posted

Seriously though, this is why I stopped watching content made by foreigners. There's been a boom in content created by Japanese, Korean, etc people and they actually speak the languages. I'd rather watch Asian boss and see a niche interview then see 'omg blueeee pepsi!' for the 1000x time by another white english teacher. 

a good 90% of these channels are so inauthentic. If you live in any of these countries you can see why. The people in these communities who plug their lame ass channels and just want to be 'Youtubers' so damn bad, and then need help getting into certain places are rely on their husbands/boyfriends to get all the info for them (info that isnt BLUE PEPSI????? NO RANCH IN KOREA????). You're basically idolizing people who tell you shit they google'd a week ago themselves.

Posted

The thing with R&J is that they built a strong fanbase. It's been more than 7 years that they were on Youtube, so people are still rooting for them. Many were following them since the early days and have a hard time disliking them, no matter what they do. Even if there are thousands of accounts that do the same stuff as them, people still stick to them because they grew a certain interest in them over the years.

That's why people still watch Pewdiepie and Jenna Marbles, whereas there are hundreds of other creators who do the same stuff as them, and even better. Been there on Youtube for so long.

Posted

Btw lol, forgot to mention this one. Somebody replied to Jun in his latest video on Junskitchen by telling him that he doesnt deserve his patrons and that he is a scam, and Jun actually deleted the whole comment lol

Posted

Btw lol, forgot to mention this one. Somebody replied to Jun in his latest video on Junskitchen by telling him that he doesnt deserve his patrons and that he is a scam, and Jun actually deleted the whole comment lol

I bet that was Rachel lol

Posted

I forgot I was subbed to them.