• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

904 posts in this topic

Posted

Haven't watched it because... it's not about cooking. But, do you need two kitchens to make a video about driftwood? Way to go on spending your patreon money effectively. (Correct me if the kitchen was an integral part of the vid)

It wasnt. I'm confused why it was on jun kitchen other than featuring jun.

Posted

I also can't wait for the Jun kitchen version of "our cats video" /sarcasm

Posted

"Jun's Cats' Kitchen!🐈"

Posted

"Jun's Cats' Kitchen!🐈"

I mean the bowl in the opening logo is now a cat soooo

Posted

why is this video on juns kitchen when they have like 5 other channels for all their other irrelevant shit?

Posted (edited)

I was so shocked ... That it was about building something for their cats??? Again, cool idea, I bet it's good ... But it's not point of the channel. Upload it to one of your 13 other channels. Probably won't watch it, either. Pity. Boyfriend will be disappointed, too

This video was on Jun's Kitchen because he has the biggest number of followers. They no longer care about uploading the content that is relevant to each channel, they just upload the content that has the potential of going viral on the channel that has the biggest number of followers. That's why that vanilla video "A day in the life of a cat" was uploaded on R&J, and that's why this video was uploaded on Jun's kitchen. 

But honestly, going back to Rachel, I really think that she started sticking her nose again in Jun's videos. She has been forcing her stuff for the past few years and finally gave Jun some freedom for his channel, but I feel like that she forced him again to follow her steps. On his Patreon, he said that the video was supposed to be done by August, but he talked about it with Rachel, and she told him to start all over again. I'm really tired of Rachel trying to force her cats upon her audience, that is so miserable. She has definitely more to offer than just her cats. It's so forced that at this point, it just doesn't feel genuine at all, and those cats just look "exploited" for clickbaits and views. I know that they love them, but when they just overshare that kind of content, it's just weird now.

I feel like the only people who are still rooting for them are the ones who still have a soft spot for them because of their very early days, or just other weebs and vanilla people. They still have a lot of views because of people viewing their old content, but the recent videos are just dropping in quality and views. Including Jun's Kitchen latest video. 

Honestly Jun's kitchen should be a lifestyle channel at this point rather than a cooking one. I also don't see the point of making a cooking/ kitchen channel just to upload the same content they do on their main channel.

I get the feeling Jun doesn't really want to be "YT famous" and only does videos as a hobby. I don't think it's really a secret that Rachel was the one that uploads and edits in their early YT days, and I always felt like she was far more invested in YT than Jun ever was or is.

Honestly if Jun uploaded a cooking video 4 times a year and just worked a regular job (maybe as a chef) for the rest of the year he'd probably be happier.

I totally agree. Jun is definitely not for YT fame, he is all about that calm steady lifestyle. But honestly, I think there is a dilemma for him.

Although he may not be fully satisfied with what he does, he still earns a lot for doing not even half of the efforts of any other Japanese working a 9-5 job. He still has a lot of freedom compared to any of his peers, and he earns a lot more than them as well. So, I believe you cannot have it all. And I am sure if you gave him the choice between what he does now and what he did before, he would choose Youtube regardless of the problems that this choice implies. Do not forget that he is also overly praised on social media for just breathing, let alone doing a small achievement. Everyone is calling him a god in the comments because he did that tree.

Edited by LittleFlower

Posted

This video was on Jun's Kitchen because he has the biggest number of followers. They no longer care about uploading the content that is relevant to each channel, they just upload the content that has the potential of going viral on the channel that has the biggest number of followers. That's why that vanilla video "A day in the life of a cat" was uploaded on R&J, and that's why this video was uploaded on Jun's kitchen. 

But honestly, going back to Rachel, I really think that she started sticking her nose again in Jun's videos. She has been forcing her stuff for the past few years and finally gave Jun some freedom for his channel, but I feel like that she forced him again to follow her steps. On his Patreon, he said that the video was supposed to be done by August, but he talked about it with Rachel, and she told him to start all over again. I'm really tired of Rachel trying to force her cats upon her audience, that is so miserable. She has definitely more to offer than just her cats. It's so forced that at this point, it just doesn't feel genuine at all, and those cats just look "exploited" for clickbaits and views. I know that they love them, but when they just overshare that kind of content, it's just weird now.

I feel like the only people who are still rooting for them are the ones who still have a soft spot for them because of their very early days, or just other weebs and vanilla people. They still have a lot of views because of people viewing their old content, but the recent videos are just dropping in quality and views. Including Jun's Kitchen latest video. 

I totally agree. Jun is definitely not for YT fame, he is all about that calm steady lifestyle. But honestly, I think there is a dilemma for him.

Although he may not be fully satisfied with what he does, he still earns a lot for doing not even half of the efforts of any other Japanese working a 9-5 job. He still has a lot of freedom compared to any of his peers, and he earns a lot more than them as well. So, I believe you cannot have it all. And I am sure if you gave him the choice between what he does now and what he did before, he would choose Youtube regardless of the problems that this choice implies. Do not forget that he is also overly praised on social media for just breathing, let alone doing a small achievement. Everyone is calling him a god in the comments because he did that tree.

I was thinking the same because he does seem to enjoy the freedom of being able to be home with his cats vs an office/cooking job. As for Rachel, I can see that with her own anxiety on her videos from what she posted on the vlogs that it might effect Jun's kitchen videos. 

The funny thing is that Baking with Babish's new video mentioned Jun's kitchen on the same day. There goes the free advertisment with a new video of driftwood posted on the same day xD

I also was thinking if they got the idea from pin interest last minute because the designs looks similar to what Jun was looking at on that site.

Posted (edited)

I was thinking the same because he does seem to enjoy the freedom of being able to be home with his cats vs an office/cooking job. As for Rachel, I can see that with her own anxiety on her videos from what she posted on the vlogs that it might effect Jun's kitchen videos. 

The funny thing is that Baking with Babish's new video mentioned Jun's kitchen on the same day. There goes the free advertisment with a new video of driftwood posted on the same day xD

I also was thinking if they got the idea from pin interest last minute because the designs looks similar to what Jun was looking at on that site.

R

Regardless of that mention, his video still has around 350k views. That is the lowest he has ever had before. All of his videos get at least 2 million views in less than a day. I think most of the followers forgot about his channel. In spite of everything, I still believe that video deserves more, there are shitty videos on their other channels where they just randomly talk and it has more than 1 million views. 

Maybe that's what happens when you just disappear for 5 months and just starts posting once in a blue moon. 

And yes, he still has it better than 95% of people there. Also, I hardly imagine him being a chef. Maybe he could be one, but he is super slow. It takes him forever to do literally any task. All of the things that he has done on his channel can be done by professionals on a daily basis to be fair. Youtube is not real life. Not to sound salty or mean, but that tree can be done by literally any average person on this planet....for f's sake, it took him 5 months. During that period, he should have done better than that. He is lucky the standards are damn low on Youtube.

Maybe in the future, he may work as a chef or in a TV show, but I would see that happening mostly because his channel is pretty popular on Youtube. 

I am really curious about how their life would be without Youtube.

Edited by LittleFlower

Posted (edited)

Regardless of that mention, his video still has around 350k views. That is the lowest he has ever had before. All of his videos get at least 2 million views in less than a day. I think most of the followers forgot about his channel. In spite of everything, I still believe that video deserves more, there are shitty videos on their other channels where they just randomly talk and it has more than 1 million views. 

Maybe that's what happens when you just disappear for 5 months and just starts posting once in a blue moon. 

And yes, he still has it better than 95% of people there. Also, I hardly imagine him being a chef. Maybe he could be one, but he is super slow. It takes him forever to do literally any task. All of the things that he has done on his channel can be done by professionals on a daily basis to be fair. Youtube is not real life. Not to sound salty or mean, but that tree can be done by literally any average person on this planet....for f's sake, it took him 5 months. During that period, he should have done better than that. He is lucky the standards are damn low on Youtube.

Maybe in the future, he may work as a chef or in a TV show, but I would see that happening mostly because his channel is pretty popular on Youtube. 

I am really curious about how their life would be without Youtube.

Yeah the mention was really fast and no description link so unless you know Jun's kitchen, viewers would probably miss him saying it. 

2016-2018 I can imagine them doing so much because the motivation was there and reaching out to sponsors. Now it's like let us hang out with the boring couple and put a video or two on there with little effort. Like I'm more excited for micaela's videos than rachel and jun, for which just me personally, I thought would never happen. 

I feel like this one could have did better on R+J main channel. Not the best but better. They probably will get to a million eventually but as you said 350k is low for a day. It's not even on trending

Edited by saber932

Posted

Yeah the mention was really fast and no description link so unless you know Jun's kitchen, viewers would probably miss him saying it. 

2016-2018 I can imagine them doing so much because the motivation was there and reaching out to sponsors. Now it's like let us hang out with the boring couple and put a video or two on there with little effort. Like I'm more excited for micaela's videos than rachel and jun, for which just me personally, I thought would never happen. 

I feel like this one could have did better on R+J main channel. Not the best but better. They probably will get to a million eventually but as you said 350k is low for a day. It's not even on trending

Jun could have gotten super-duper rich if he put in more effort and gave up a bit of freedom for a while. In 2016 and 2017, each of his videos was something like 12 million views and more. I know he wants them to be special, so those videos must require at least 2 to 3 weeks, and if he just followed that schedule, he would have blown up more and earned even more as well. But pretty sure he doesn't want that, and he just aspires to follow his own pace. I just think it would have been a smart move if he worked super hard for at least 4 to 5 years, then retire from YT and open a restaurant. 

Check out Kimagure Cook, it's a friend of his who was featured a while ago in one of Rachel and Jun's videos. That guy just started uploading videos in 2017 and the dude is rolling in cash now. He uploads videos on a daily basis, and each of those videos has at least 1 million views. In 5 years, he would easily quit Youtube and start whatever project if he wants to. I think that is a very good strategy.

Jun still earns a lot of money, but definitely not enough to quit Youtube for good and live the rest of his days without any job.

Posted (edited)

Good lord, Jun's new video is so bad. Camera keeps focusing, it's so close to everything it's hard to see what he does... What happened

Edited by thunder
bad english lmao

Posted

Good lord, Jun's new video is so bad. Camera keeps focusing, it's so close to everything it's hard to see what's he doing... What happened

Yikes. We waited so long for...this? They keep making excuses about how long it takes to do a video, but this one was pretty low effort and the focus was wayyyy too close (he even bumped the camera a few times). Yeesh. Used to be a huge fan of these two, back when they were still living apart and making it work, but now I'm just disappointed. 

Posted (edited)

I thought he had changed the channel name, didn't realize he has two channels (and that I'm subscribed to both). Why does he have two when he barely uploads anyway? 

Edited by Qualle

Posted

#GetYoutubersOutOfAutofocus2k19

Posted

I thought he had changed the channel name, didn't realize he has two channels (and that I'm subscribed to both). Why does he have two when he barely uploads anyway? 

the one channel was going to be a vlog cooking channel while the other was supposed to be the fancy editing videos. See what happens 😂