• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Rachel and Jun

829 posts in this topic

Posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5som5sJAoU8

Rachel, honey, I've been rooting for you for ages, I am still rooting for you, I really am, but I hope whatever's going on with your lips is a health matter that you are getting treatment for and not something you did on purpose for cosmetic reasons, cause oh dear, they are approaching thin sausage roundness.... :(

Posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5som5sJAoU8

Rachel, honey, I've been rooting for you for ages, I am still rooting for you, I really am, but I hope whatever's going on with your lips is a health matter that you are getting treatment for and not something you did on purpose for cosmetic reasons, cause oh dear, they are approaching thin sausage roundness.... :(

Things that bugged me on this video:

1. Clickish bait because it comes out as avoid this airport for where towards the end she admits being upset and that they might be still under construction or some other reason. This is a rant that you should think twice before posting or come off at the beginning of the video of "hey at this time I was upset but next time be more careful and give yourself time" vs the very end where people click off. 

2. She didnt bother looking up what was going on with Nagoya airport. Might be something good for your viewers but who cares when we have cat videos. 

3. No motivation to make YouTube videos but one after a airport mishap. 

4. Another " we are sorry for the delay of juns kitchen video" *takes a shot*

Posted

I clicked on the video bc I was curious but couldn't watch it past 7 minutes tbh. She even said "yesterday", right? So ranting was most important to her in that moment. I actually stopped watching bc of her being so annoyed and rude. It's stupid that that happened and she was not informed ... But I'll definitely don't find it cool if you're pointing at anyone else but you. Inform the people if that's your goal but pls be a little less aggressive? (Makes it seem like she just wanted to rant instead)

(And I agree with the lips. Thought the same.)

Posted

Dude... her lips look super puffy and pale, and also really sausage-like... it just looks like she got lip fillers and they injected too much. That, or she got stung by a bee on her lips.

Aside from that, this was a twenty minute video ranting about a second terminal at an airport. Talk about uninspired...

Posted

Dude... her lips look super puffy and pale, and also really sausage-like... it just looks like she got lip fillers and they injected too much. That, or she got stung by a bee on her lips.

Aside from that, this was a twenty minute video ranting about a second terminal at an airport. Talk about uninspired...

Not to mention that I'm pretty sure she overlined them, attracting even more attention to them. Oh boy. Um, if she likes them, I guess it's.... fine?

(It's a yikes from me)

Posted

OMG... yes, I'm so glad others noticed these things too! I subscribe and get alerted to new videos so I was cautiously optimistic when it came up. But this rant about an airport terminal?? Are you kidding me?! I think most of us have our own personal airport horror stories and it's just not an original or exciting topic that other people want to hear about or re-live. After a few minutes of listening to that rant I decided to let it play in the background while I did my makeup which is something I normally only do for the most extremely boring and rambling YouTubers like givemeabreakman and TkyoSam. Sad that Rachel has sunk to that level in terms of content quality but I'm just telling you how it is honey so don't shoot the messenger.

I mean seriously? A rant about the most boring nondescript airport terminal in the most boring nondescript city in Japan? Not interesting, honey. Not interesting! Now I could tell you about the time I had to run through the maze called Tokyo Station wearing five inch silver stilletos and a sparkling glitter ensemble with feather boas streaming behind me. I got stuck in a construction zone and somehow ended up on the Chuo Line instead of the Yamanote. But I'm not going to bore you with that old rant, honey. Okay, maybe over drinks sometime in Kabukicho but certainly not while you're sober. Lol

Posted

Not to mention that I'm pretty sure she overlined them, attracting even more attention to them. Oh boy. Um, if she likes them, I guess it's.... fine?

(It's a yikes from me)

Is she wearing lip liner? I really can't see it and I don't think she's wearing any makeup in the video (at least not eye/ face makeup so a lip liner would be weird).

In any case, I looked at their Instagram to compare (I tried to find a straight-forward facing camera shot):

Screen_Shot_2019-10-02_at_11.13.18_PM.th

Screen_Shot_2019-10-02_at_11.16.23_PM.th

Posted

Is she wearing lip liner? I really can't see it and I don't think she's wearing any makeup in the video (at least not eye/ face makeup so a lip liner would be weird).

In any case, I looked at their Instagram to compare (I tried to find a straight-forward facing camera shot):

Screen_Shot_2019-10-02_at_11.13.18_PM.th

Screen_Shot_2019-10-02_at_11.16.23_PM.th

When you put that next to each other ... 🙊 God, I have very thin lips, too. But I'd never do that, it jusr NEVER looks good. Never. Neeev- you get the point

Posted

Someone has been hanging with Taylor 😂

But on a serious note, I thought her face was always fine and she didn't seem the type to do this. 

Posted

I don't believe she got fillers, she has invisalign until next year I think.

That does effect how your face looks. You can tell she has her braces on in the second picture. 

Here's a video about it.

Posted

She mentioned previously that since Junskitchen Channel blew up, it was really the best thing that could happen to them because apart from money and boosting Jun's self-confidence, it finally gave her the chance not to put her face all the time on the Internet, and that is what they have always longed for (She said this in a comment). However, I think she is still trying to stay relevant. I don't think she wants to stop making videos, once you get used to Youtube fans and validation from strangers, it's hard to stop, especially if you don't have a very exciting "real" life.

That is my vibe because honestly, she doesn't really need to upload a lot of vids in order for Jun's channel to stay relevant since he still gains 10k followers a day even if he didn't upload for like 4 months (I know, that's insane)

Posted

The problem with invisiline theory is that she's had them for longer than a year. I think someone said after a few days you do get puffy lips but she has had them for about two years. 

She mentioned previously that since Junskitchen Channel blew up, it was really the best thing that could happen to them because apart from money and boosting Jun's self-confidence, it finally gave her the chance not to put her face all the time on the Internet, and that is what they have always longed for (She said this in a comment). However, I think she is still trying to stay relevant. I don't think she wants to stop making videos, once you get used to Youtube fans and validation from strangers, it's hard to stop, especially if you don't have a very exciting "real" life.

That is my vibe because honestly, she doesn't really need to upload a lot of vids in order for Jun's channel to stay relevant since he still gains 10k followers a day even if he didn't upload for like 4 months (I know, that's insane)

This was a long time ago though and they have a patreon for his channel. I was ok and understanding of them taking a break but their is a few months break to over a year 🤦 is a bit much especially when you have people pying for your service. At the end the day, it's a business. 

Rachel and Jun drinking game " everytime they say they are taking a break or apologize for not uploading." 

Posted

The problem with invisiline theory is that she's had them for longer than a year. I think someone said after a few days you do get puffy lips but she has had them for about two years. 

This was a long time ago though and they have a patreon for his channel. I was ok and understanding of them taking a break but their is a few months break to over a year 🤦 is a bit much especially when you have people pying for your service. At the end the day, it's a business. 

Rachel and Jun drinking game " everytime they say they are taking a break or apologize for not uploading." 

I think for their Patreon, after checking their account, they are getting paid for each creation (I may have been wrong the whole time, or maybe not). Without their Patreon anyways, they still earn a lot of money. They have like 15million views each month, even if they don't upload anything. That is mainly because they just blew up as of late so people just started watching their content.

What I noticed as well, is how both of them, especially Rachel, try so hard to give this vibe of "We don't have money, we still use trash airlines, we need to save, this costs 5 dollars that's a lot blabla...). It's so not true. They earn more than 12k dollars a month, they don't have kids, and they live in Fukuoka. It's not like I think they don't deserve it, I am happy for them since it's hard work for more than 6 years that just paid off. I just think it's annoying how they make it seem like they are poor and relatable. It was true at some point, they really earned so little. But it's far from being the case now.

Posted

Maybe I'm wrong for saying this but R&J blew up a while back. They're not just now blowing up.

Posted (edited)

Maybe I'm wrong for saying this but R&J blew up a while back. They're not just now blowing up.

I mean they blew up 2 years ago, that is still "relatively" early compared to other big Youtubers. They have the biggest number of followers compared to other Jvloggers, but 2.5 milli is still nothing compared to manyyyy creators on Youtube. There are just recent channels which just started one or two years ago and they already have +5milli. I think it's only the beginning for R&J, even if their content downgraded. Also, Jun's channel is probably gonna have 10 million followers very soon (2-3 years max).

Honestly, I think it's only the beginning for them. They can really earn a looot more in the next years, especially if they are just taking a long break this year. Their content only downgraded because they know that at this point, it's okay to share trash, people would still watch. It's not like when you are not very famous and you really need to stand out.

Edited by LittleFlower