• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Rachel and Jun

659 posts in this topic

Posted

That video was way longer than it needed to be and she kept going on off tangents that really hindered the video. We just want to see the apartment, get to the point. 

Posted

Yeah she mentioned it in the new video that their cats like to nibble/bite on plants, and since a lot of the plants they want/like to get are poisonous or toxic for their cats they ended up just getting mostly fake plants (besides the few real ones the have)! 

Yes, I've watched the video by now 🙈 And now I know what you guys meant. I LOVE plants but not even I would go so overboard 😅

Posted

That second kitchen was beautiful, I agree with a comment I saw on the video saying Jun should have helped more with decorating because Rachel went overboard. I love the Jungle/ plant aestetic, hell I was watching "jungle" room video tours yesterday for inspo, but she took it TOO FAR  @[email protected]
If it was only their living room and bedroom with all those plants it'd be less crazy.

Posted

I don't follow them so I just wanted to know if they are full time Youtubers?

Posted

I don't follow them so I just wanted to know if they are full time Youtubers?

Yes they are

Posted

Also I'll take Rachel's decor over Taylor's robot of a home 

Posted

lollll this new apartment looks like shit.

Posted

does she still stream herself playing videogames?I remember her mentioning that in the past and it probably explains why they can afford to do so little on the main channel. 

Posted

I thought the jungle stuff was ok until she went into the bathroom lol overkill and I don’t get the fake birds all over either. Also why did they have to buy kitchen cabinets? Do apartments in Japan not come with that kind of stuff already? 

Posted (edited)

I thought the jungle stuff was ok until she went into the bathroom lol overkill and I don’t get the fake birds all over either. Also why did they have to buy kitchen cabinets? Do apartments in Japan not come with that kind of stuff already? 

She said why in the video....dust and cats. I have an apartment in Japan and it can get really dusty vs my home in the states. 

i wish i knew I could buy closed cabinets earlier because it would make cleaning easier

Edited by saber932

Posted

Yes they are

I'm surprised since they don't really upload much. Also judging from the videos I watched there doesn't seem to be a lot of effort put into it so why are they so well liked on here? I'm came to this topic since they were mentioned in another Youtubers topic. 

Posted (edited)

I'm surprised since they don't really upload much. Also judging from the videos I watched there doesn't seem to be a lot of effort put into it so why are they so well liked on here? I'm came to this topic since they were mentioned in another Youtubers topic. 

They get sponsors, juns kitchen videos always make about 10+million views, and patreon. They said they will be posting regulary ( once a month for one of the channels) because they are done with the move. Plus they have a bigger space to work seperatley. I think they make a decent living and have no goals to be rich youtubers

Edited by saber932

Posted

i really can't watch many of their vlogs where Rachel is the one narrating. Rachel's energy just seems...painfully manic to me. She really talks and acts like my Sister In Law, who i cannot stand. 

But all those fake plants are going to collect dussssst. 

Posted

i really can't watch many of their vlogs where Rachel is the one narrating. Rachel's energy just seems...painfully manic to me. She really talks and acts like my Sister In Law, who i cannot stand. 

But all those fake plants are going to collect dussssst. 

I use to like the older vlogs but now it's meh 

Posted

I think the apartment is nice sans the plant walls. That's just...too much.

And fake plants get SO. DUSTY.