• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

904 posts in this topic

Posted

I like these two and their content for the most part, but omg.  Their apartment was so messy lol.  It was bordering hoarder level.  I get it when you don't have a lot of room, I've been there, but...  Still!  :alpacaworry:

Well they are moving out so everything had to be pulled out

Posted

I rolled my eyes on the horse cat video challenge. The cats were freaking out and it wasn't that funny. ( Coming from someone who laughed at the hat video)

I do not believe they are bad owners at all, I just wish they didn't stress out the cats at the beginning.

I felt so bad for Nagi! he was terrified :(  Poki was not sure how to react to the unicorn head.. but Haku loved it! made friends and all. But Haku wants to befriend everyone, lol. I also like to tease my cats from time to time, i just dont record it. and one of them actually scratches me if i insist too much. Of course i know it's my fault, and i'm asking for it [because i do, oops] I wish she stopped sooner with bothering Nagi, that's all. i don't think the play was malicious or that they're bad owners - they showed several times they're quite responsible by taking them to the vet and all. They buy them toys, and cat couches, nice/fancy litters... 

Posted (edited)

I felt so bad for Nagi! he was terrified :(  Poki was not sure how to react to the unicorn head.. but Haku loved it! made friends and all. But Haku wants to befriend everyone, lol. I also like to tease my cats from time to time, i just dont record it. and one of them actually scratches me if i insist too much. Of course i know it's my fault, and i'm asking for it [because i do, oops] I wish she stopped sooner with bothering Nagi, that's all. i don't think the play was malicious or that they're bad owners - they showed several times they're quite responsible by taking them to the vet and all. They buy them toys, and cat couches, nice/fancy litters... 

yeah, they tease their cats all the time too( especially poki) but nagi was the one I'm like ok just stop pushing it. I recall in the states they recommended not to do the cucumber challenge because it was stressing out the cats comfort zone. That situation reminded me of that video, for where the owners think its harmless and it looks cute but it isnt. Even before the cats became the money makers of the channel, they still respected them. Now it's we don't have time for a video but here are our cats.

Edited by saber932

Posted

yeah, they tease their cats all the time too( especially poki) but nagi was the one I'm like ok just stop pushing it. I recall in the states they recommended not to do the cucumber challenge because it was stressing out the cats comfort zone. That situation reminded me of that video, for where the owners think its harmless and it looks cute but it isnt. Even before the cats became the money makers of the channel, they still respected them. Now it's we don't have time for a video but here are our cats.

i imagine that its getting harder to scrape the bottom of the barrel for more content about japan / cultural differences that haven't already been done to death. i'll admit, a large part of the reason why i even watch their channel is for their cats.... and jun's cooking channel of course.

Posted

i imagine that its getting harder to scrape the bottom of the barrel for more content about japan / cultural differences that haven't already been done to death. i'll admit, a large part of the reason why i even watch their channel is for their cats.... and jun's cooking channel of course.

Yeah most of their one millions views were cats and idiots guide to Japan. 

Posted

I rolled my eyes on the horse cat video challenge. The cats were freaking out and it wasn't that funny. ( Coming from someone who laughed at the hat video)

I do not believe they are bad owners at all, I just wish they didn't stress out the cats at the beginning.

I felt so bad for the cats in the video. I don't think it was there intention to freak them out but I think it should be the owners job to know what makes their pets stressed and when to stop. 

Posted

i think these two are the only jvloggers (aside from micaela) that i still watch. i don't watch all of their videos because like, who has time for 30 minutes videos but generally i find them enjoyable. i hope they find happiness and success in fukuoka! 

I like these two and their content for the most part, but omg.  Their apartment was so messy lol.  It was bordering hoarder level.  I get it when you don't have a lot of room, I've been there, but...  Still!  :alpacaworry:

i mean... my apartment was pretty neat before i moved but once i started packing it looked hoarder level. once everything is out of the cupboards etc, you realise how much stuff you actually own.

that said, i got the feeling their apartment was pretty small, and rachel has never really shied from admitting how much stuff they have and how little space. but from what i could see in past videos, while it was pretty cluttered, it definitely wasn't mid-move level messy, cmon lol.

Posted

i think these two are the only jvloggers (aside from micaela) that i still watch. i don't watch all of their videos because like, who has time for 30 minutes videos but generally i find them enjoyable. i hope they find happiness and success in fukuoka! 

i mean... my apartment was pretty neat before i moved but once i started packing it looked hoarder level. once everything is out of the cupboards etc, you realise how much stuff you actually own.

that said, i got the feeling their apartment was pretty small, and rachel has never really shied from admitting how much stuff they have and how little space. but from what i could see in past videos, while it was pretty cluttered, it definitely wasn't mid-move level messy, cmon lol.

I mean she mentioned that they had a lot of stuff and she showed how much smaller it was compared to their videos. Especially when people are giving them gifts. Yeah I agree it wasnt hoarder level.

Posted

I mean she mentioned that they had a lot of stuff and she showed how much smaller it was compared to their videos. Especially when people are giving them gifts. Yeah I agree it wasnt hoarder level.

i'm sure they did have a lot of stuff, since you tend to accumulate a lot over the years of living somewhere, but it's not any more than the average person... it was just a small apartment.

Posted

Their cats are beautiful and I feel bad to say this but I could care less for videos on them. Like it's YouTube... You could find cat content anywhere on the site. Rachel and Jun are one of the only jvloggers I have the notification bell on for because I know they never post and that their Japan content is of good quality (same with Chris abroad) , but it's admittedly a bit disheartening to get that notification from a cat video. 

Semi related

I love how much support juns kitchen gets. I was watching the Official podcast ( penguinz0 and his friends ) and one of them brought jun's videos up and praised it. It was the last place I expected to hear about it but it was a pleasant surprise no less. 

Posted (edited)

Their cats are adorable but I'm also getting bored of their cat videos as well. I laughed at the poki video and  enjoyed the diy videos for their cats but that is it. Once the move is over they will go back to cooking ,vlogs, and Japan videos. 

Also I rolled my eyes at the sponsor Japanese attraction. The place looked boring and as a tourist, I wouldn't go. It's not their fault that it's a boring place. Also don't know why they put it in adventures vs their regular channel? 

Edited by saber932

Posted (edited)

It's not only that. I LOVE cats and I love their cats. But a 22 minute cat video? Not even I'd watch that (boyfriend gasps shocked in the distance). 

Edited by Minzgruen

Posted

I think at this point they should really create a separate channel for the cats (i wouldnt mind them obviously showing up in vlogs, even some shorter 5/10 min cat videos as long as its related to the main topic like testing japanese cat toys or cat gachas) or change their channel name to Rachel, Jun & Cats because its clearly not a "my husband is japanese"/japanese information videos solely anymore. I love cats but if your channel has a certain theme like, just create another channel for your other stuff so people know what they're getting :alpacafedup:

Posted

It's not only that. I LOVE cats and I love their cats. But a 22 minute cat video? Not even I'd watch that (boyfriend gasps shocked in the distance). 

I really enjoyed this 22 min cat video. it was a bit boring in the beginning, but then it became really funny. Poki and Nagi were just adorable and funny. it felt like a 5 min video to me, haha. (well.. i'm also in the middle of a project that i should be finishing already, so procrastination is a thing for some reason, and any excuse is good enough, LMAO)

Posted

I love Rachel and Jun's Japan content but this last video really annoyed me. Mainly because it was the latest in a long line of videos which were barely edited and took no effort to make.and it was from almost a year ago ! It feels like laziness now. I know they've just moved, and I did actually enjoy their moving video, but that one hardly took any editing either. 

YouTube is supposed to be their job. I can only imagine what kind of reaction they'd get if they half-assed any normal job for months on end.