• Announcements

• Recent changes to PULL   07/07/19

Hello everyone,   As promised, we're working on some changes to improve the forum and community! So far, here are the recent changes: Negative reputation has been disabled. Upvoting remains intact. This is a trial run to deal with whiteknights brigading certain topics and salty users mass-downvoting users they disagree with. Some text formatting options have been removed. Some users like to format their posts in ways that make them harder to read or downright obnoxious. (Light colors, tiny fonts, etc), so this helps make threads more readable. If you find yourself needing post formatting because you're making a new thread, please contact a mod and we will make it happen. New threads have to be approved anyway, so you're not going to have to start out with an ugly thread. Text formatting remains available to all users who have supported us via Patreon.No more threads on "Online Personalities". We will NOT lock or remove old threads, but we won't approve new threads about people who don't have any history of drama or controversies. Some threads will be moved to the snowflake sections if applicable. Read the new topic guidelines before you make a new thread.Here are our works in progress: New categories will be added. "Little Snowflakes" is too broad of a spectrum, so we're going to sort our flakes into a few sub-sections to keep things organized. We will also make more use of tags for those flakes who transcend categories. This will also allow us to appoint moderators to specific categories or snowflakes. New moderators will be onboarded soon. 

Rachel and Jun

638 posts in this topic

Posted

I have heard about Japanese moving services before (maybe from either Sharla or Taylor?) and since then I've known the amazingness that comes with it (lol ūüėā). I'm from Germany, too, and I can confirm: you don't do these things here. You call your friends, maybe organise a van and promise them beer. We do have moving companies, but I don't know anybody who hires them. In Japan, it seems to be pretty normal like this.

Posted

I have heard about Japanese moving services before (maybe from either Sharla or Taylor?) and since then I've known the amazingness that comes with it (lol ūüėā). I'm from Germany, too, and I can confirm: you don't do these things here. You call your friends, maybe organise a van and promise them beer. We do have moving companies, but I don't know anybody who hires them. In Japan, it seems to be pretty normal like this.

I know that they do offer packing services over here as well, but I don't know anyone who ever used that. Possibly because it's so ingrained overseas that you have to pack your stuff yourself. The moving companies mostly only pick up the boxes and furniture and drive it to the new place, maybe build up some of the furniture, but that's about it. I'm sure the packing and unpacking would cost extra in Japan as well, but then it still baffled me that they even have different kinds of boxes and dividers for everything. I swear over here they simply throw everything into a truck and bring it into the new place and that's it, no one cares if you packed your stuff safely ūüėā

Posted

moving services in my country

"hey miss, we might have damaged like 99% of your stuff, but it be like that. here's the bill: $$$$$$"

Posted

Also, how come the moving company helps them move, FOR FREE?????

Posted

Probably for promotion and they also bought almost all their new appliances through them probably added to it.

Posted

Their channel is huge, so they're getting new customers through them. Maybe they want to attract more foreigners in Japan that need a move (possibly with 2020 and the Olympics coming up, a lot of Japanese businesses try to focus more on foreigners right now).

Posted

but they’re not getting sponsored. plus if you’re buying appliances from them they’re selling towards R&J so that kinda does not makes sense cuz it contributes to the costs too. 

sorry i’m tired and everything does not make sense to me

Posted

In the previous video in which Rachel talked about their move, she said their YT agency recommended this company or has some sort of collaboration with them, or something. she mentioned since then that the service will be free of charge, and allowed to be filmed. 

moving "services" in my country

"hey miss, we might have damaged like 99% of your stuff, but it be like that. here's the bill: $$$$$$"

same over here! i had to put services in quotes, because the service can't really be called that. not over here :( 

If i were to take a wild guess, Germany would be the country where a service close to the Japanese one would be possible. I don't know why i have this impression of Germany, lol. or maybe Swizerland as well. 

Posted

In the previous video in which Rachel talked about their move, she said their YT agency recommended this company or has some sort of collaboration with them, or something. she mentioned since then that the service will be free of charge, and allowed to be filmed. 

same over here! i had to put services in quotes, because the service can't really be called that. not over here :( 

If i were to take a wild guess, Germany would be the country where a service close to the Japanese one would be possible. I don't know why i have this impression of Germany, lol. or maybe Swizerland as well. 

i heard from s friend that using moving services is rare, even in europe. guess it's common in japan to do so. 

(they destroyed my mom's vintage tea set worth over 2k and teared my paintings that were for an art gallery apart...by mistake?)

Posted

I mean you can hear her conversing with Jun and the movers in Japanese several times. She probably couldn't understand the accent, formality, or speed in which he was speaking.

Yeah, the question was in keigo. It's pretty hard to learn keigo unless you actually study it in a class because you don't use it unless you work in a Japanese company. It's used most frequently when talking to customers. She was also speaking in the video in English so she might have trouble switching between English and Japanese on top of that.

To be fair, I also had no clue what she was asking and she and I have been in Japan for around the same amount of time.

Posted

i heard from s friend that using moving services is rare, even in europe. guess it's common in japan to do so. 

(they destroyed my mom's vintage tea set worth over 2k and teared my paintings that were for an art gallery apart...by mistake?)

I never heard of a company that helps you move your house, in Romania (i suppose, other European countries are similar but i wouldnt know) at least not to the extent it's done in Japan, with having the option for them to pack the stuff too. renting big trucks for this purpose is possible, yes, and you have to pay them to carry the stuff from your place to the vehicle, and then from the vehicle to the new place. But everything has to be already packed, and it's you who unpacks. 

wrapping the walls and the floor like that for protection? first time i see that in my life - but a very smart thing to do. also, the plate divider? blew my mind. the special box for clothes? SO useful! as well as taping the boxes in differently colored tape as message - fragile, use fast, everything else. -i took notes ;) lol. 

i think, companies would use moving services, if they need to move to another location. i think i found 1 or 2 moving companies in Romania that would offer similar services as to the ones seen in this video, and would cost an arm and a leg, and more suitable for international relocation. 

-sorry to hear about the tea set and the paintings. my heart bleeds even if i dont know you. i really like vintage porcelains. and art is nice.... 

Posted

Where I live in Europe it's actually super common to use a moving service, especially for bigger appliances and furniture . And when you live on the Xth floor of an apartment building because a lot of flats don't actually allow furniture in the elevators.Though movers in my country are usually incredibly underpaid and illegal workers from East-Europe so they don't want any trouble and are scared to be fired. Perhaps that's why they're more careful. Nick knacks that can be put in boxes are usually brought in by the owners, and movers don't help with packing at all if I'm right. Seems like Japanese movers are very careful with everything. I wonder how much Japanese moving companies usually ask. I also wonder if their uploading schedule is going to change once they've moved

Posted

I never heard of a company that helps you move your house, in Romania (i suppose, other European countries are similar but i wouldnt know) at least not to the extent it's done in Japan, with having the option for them to pack the stuff too. renting big trucks for this purpose is possible, yes, and you have to pay them to carry the stuff from your place to the vehicle, and then from the vehicle to the new place. But everything has to be already packed, and it's you who unpacks. 

wrapping the walls and the floor like that for protection? first time i see that in my life - but a very smart thing to do. also, the plate divider? blew my mind. the special box for clothes? SO useful! as well as taping the boxes in differently colored tape as message - fragile, use fast, everything else. -i took notes ;) lol. 

i think, companies would use moving services, if they need to move to another location. i think i found 1 or 2 moving companies in Romania that would offer similar services as to the ones seen in this video, and would cost an arm and a leg, and more suitable for international relocation. 

-sorry to hear about the tea set and the paintings. my heart bleeds even if i dont know you. i really like vintage porcelains. and art is nice.... 

that's why i got trust issues, and we STILL had to pay. honestly, i'm not surprised by how my country is, anyway.

Posted (edited)

I rolled my eyes on the horse cat video challenge. The cats were freaking out and it wasn't that funny. ( Coming from someone who laughed at the hat video)

I do not believe they are bad owners at all, I just wish they didn't stress out the cats at the beginning.

Edited by saber932

Posted

I like these two and their content for the most part, but omg.  Their apartment was so messy lol.  It was bordering hoarder level.  I get it when you don't have a lot of room, I've been there, but...  Still!  :alpacaworry: