• Announcements

• Recent changes to PULL   07/07/19

Hello everyone,   As promised, we're working on some changes to improve the forum and community! So far, here are the recent changes: Negative reputation has been disabled. Upvoting remains intact. This is a trial run to deal with whiteknights brigading certain topics and salty users mass-downvoting users they disagree with. Some text formatting options have been removed. Some users like to format their posts in ways that make them harder to read or downright obnoxious. (Light colors, tiny fonts, etc), so this helps make threads more readable. If you find yourself needing post formatting because you're making a new thread, please contact a mod and we will make it happen. New threads have to be approved anyway, so you're not going to have to start out with an ugly thread. Text formatting remains available to all users who have supported us via Patreon.No more threads on "Online Personalities". We will NOT lock or remove old threads, but we won't approve new threads about people who don't have any history of drama or controversies. Some threads will be moved to the snowflake sections if applicable. Read the new topic guidelines before you make a new thread.Here are our works in progress: New categories will be added. "Little Snowflakes" is too broad of a spectrum, so we're going to sort our flakes into a few sub-sections to keep things organized. We will also make more use of tags for those flakes who transcend categories. This will also allow us to appoint moderators to specific categories or snowflakes. New moderators will be onboarded soon. 

Rachel and Jun

637 posts in this topic

Posted

I found Rachel and Jun's channel only a few weeks ago and I really like it, but one thing that has irked me a tiny bit and what it seems like others in this thread have commented on too is that it seems like she fetishizes her husband. I haven't watched all of their videos and I probably won't because some of them don't interest me that much (not that they're bad) but the "MyHusbandIsJapanese" custom url for their channel makes it seem like she's fetishizing him.

I think I read somewhere in this thread that their channel url is a reference to a Japanese show called "My husband is American" or another nationality, I don't remember.

Posted

I think I read somewhere in this thread that their channel url is a reference to a Japanese show called "My husband is American" or another nationality, I don't remember.

Oh, I didn't know that. I guess I shouldn't have made an assumption about her. Thanks! It just like popped out at me super hard when I first saw it and was like, "ew how does no one else notice this?" but it being a reference to something makes a lot more sense.

Anyway I can't really relate to people hating her and calling her fake and stuff, she kind of seems forceful in how she acts but I don't think it's out of deception or malice or anything like that. Also I just HAVE to say, the video where they go to her parents house and give her siblings gifts and stuff is so sad to watch. ;_;

Posted (edited)

Oh, I didn't know that. I guess I shouldn't have made an assumption about her. Thanks! It just like popped out at me super hard when I first saw it and was like, "ew how does no one else notice this?" but it being a reference to something makes a lot more sense.

Anyway I can't really relate to people hating her and calling her fake and stuff, she kind of seems forceful in how she acts but I don't think it's out of deception or malice or anything like that. 

I always thought she was just a bit socially awkward (which kind of matches up with her story about how her husband was the first guy she ever really liked)

and there was also a movie called ダリンは外国人 (my darling is a foreigner) about a Japanese woman with a foreign husband and dealing with the interesting culture differences. It was kind of cute I guess but forgetable. Anyways, there are enough references in Japan of the opposite that I usually take titles like that just as a play on that OR assume the video will be about culture differences. 

ignore the spoiler

SmartSelect_20190128-132124_Facebook.jpg

Edited by Sugi

Posted

I always thought she was just a bit socially awkward (which kind of matches up with her story about how her husband was the first guy she ever really liked)

and there was also a movie called ダリンは外国人 (my darling is a foreigner) about a Japanese woman with a foreign husband and dealing with the interesting culture differences. It was kind of cute I guess but forgetable. Anyways, there are enough references in Japan of the opposite that I usually take titles like that just as a play on that OR assume the video will be about culture differences. 

ignore the spoiler

Hidden Content

And people eat up interracial relationships. 

She does have anan anxie disorder, she stated in many videos that is her style of public speaking, and you can tell she does over think. Also someone stated in the comments that anyone compared to Jun would seem obnoxious when they are just talking. 

Posted

ignore the spoiler

Hidden Content

I also think Jun made up the name of the channel, not Rachel. I remember her talking about it in a vlog aaages ago. 

Posted

I also think Jun made up the name of the channel, not Rachel. I remember her talking about it in a vlog aaages ago. 

That would make sense. Jun has never lived abroad and most Japanese people who have never lived abroad have never experienced overt racism. If you don't have a history of experiencing direct fetishization or racism, you might not view that language in the same way as, say, a Japanese American might.

Not saying either side is right or wrong, just that Japanese living abroad have different lived experiences and perspectives on race. 

Posted

Their new video it looks like Rachel still has Fuller lips. Then again it was filmed in December so maybe see in a recent photo or video. ?

Posted

Rachel’s lips still look a lot fuller in the newest video. I haven’t gotten around to watching the whole thing yet, it’s 30 minutes long.

Posted

Rachel’s lips still look a lot fuller in the newest video. I haven’t gotten around to watching the whole thing yet, it’s 30 minutes long.

the last half is mostly her sitting and talking. I think the fullness is really just swelling and the way her lips are sitting differently on her teeth because of the braces. The place I notice the fake-ness of fillers most (even if they look natural otherwise) is when somebody is talking and i dont really notice it from her. She just looks like shes trying to talk around her braces to me

Posted (edited)

the last half is mostly her sitting and talking. I think the fullness is really just swelling and the way her lips are sitting differently on her teeth because of the braces. The place I notice the fake-ness of fillers most (even if they look natural otherwise) is when somebody is talking and i dont really notice it from her. She just looks like shes trying to talk around her braces to me

natural swelling from braces makes your mouth sort of puffy, but it doesn’t make you look like you got lip fillers, in my experience. They look completely different 

Edited by Granola

Posted (edited)

I think you're both right at different parts of the video. When we first see Rachel, she does appear to be talking over her braces. However, that creates more of a tightness in her actual lips if you look at the picture. Screenshot_20190204-125350_YouTube.thumbScreenshot_20190204-125401_YouTube.thumbLater on though, her lips look different. You don't see the tightness in her lips but you see a lot more puffiness...the kind that come from lip fillers.

Screenshot_20190204-125438_YouTube.thumbScreenshot_20190204-125444_YouTube.thumbScreenshot_20190204-125457_YouTube.thumb

Edited by Sugi

Posted

Honestly it’s sad she would feel the need to change more about her face. She was already beautiful. 

Do you guys think the modeling has made her insecure? Seeing yourself in a lot of professional photos can make you pick apart your appearance and compare yourself to others. 

Posted

I used to watch Jun's channel because of his cats. Surprised to seeing his thread here omg

Posted (edited)

Finally new videosssssssssssss, it's been so long.

Honestly it’s sad she would feel the need to change more about her face. She was already beautiful. 

Do you guys think the modeling has made her insecure? Seeing yourself in a lot of professional photos can make you pick apart your appearance and compare yourself to others. 

Yeah I know exactly what you mean, she's so pretty and for me personally her life seems like a dream come true, I know this sounds like outside looking in and obviously I don't know how she feels and what her trials and troubles are but yeah.

I'm so happy for her and a little jealous. ;~;

Edited by jackie

Posted

do you mean "my darling is a foreigner"?