• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Rachel and Jun

730 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I think it's all the modeling and people she hangs with. Ever since the perm, this has happened. I cringed that she is still friends with Martina 😂 vs her lips. 

that is what i liked about her was she was relatable but now with the channel growing, she feels that she needs this.

It’s so true.  I’ve been an actress and small time “content creator” (lol) myself, and I still constantly fall into rabbit holes of comparing myself to other actors/models/Youtubers who are WAY more popular and thinking “Well...so-and-so had work done and it looks okay...maybe I’ll try it, too, I don’t want to fall behind or *gasp* look OLD and frumpy when everyone else looks gorgeous!”

(Because, as you know, on the internet and in Hollywood, all women turn into leathery sea hags once we reach the ripe old age of 25.)

It’s ridiculous, yes, but it’s so hard not to think about.

I’d imagine she’s under immense pressure with her channel becoming so popular, and hanging out with her model friends all of the time.

Edited by PepperQuiche

Posted

It’s so true.  I’ve been an actress and small time “content creator” (lol) myself, and I still constantly fall into rabbit holes of comparing myself to other actors/models/Youtubers who are WAY more popular and thinking “Well...so-and-so had work done and it looks okay...maybe I’ll try it, too, I don’t want to fall behind or *gasp* look OLD and frumpy when everyone else looks gorgeous!”

(Because, as you know, on the internet and in Hollywood, all women turn into leathery sea hags once we reach the ripe old age of 25.)

It’s ridiculous, yes, but it’s so hard not to think about.

I’d imagine she’s under immense pressure with her channel becoming so popular, and hanging out with her model friends all of the time.

And I grew up kind of a similar town like Rachel and you dont think about these things until your in the spot light or surrounded by different people. I said before i understood the nose was for breathing purposes and the hair was to look more professional but she really doesnt need anything else done.

I know someone said her new look is a bit fake but to me at least it hasn't hit wengie's surgery history 😂 I know it won't make a difference but it's true

Posted

Hi, guys, just popped in to share my opinion on Rachel's lips. I'm a doctor myself and my friend's an aesthetician. She likes sending me before and afters of her works (of course the ones her patients let her use for ads on social media etc), so I kinda have a substantial database in my brain to compare to 😅😄 and let me tell you, Rachel's lips look totally like she had fillers. I hope she had them recently, so what we see is not the end result and her lips will look much better once the swelling goes down.

Posted

Hi, guys, just popped in to share my opinion on Rachel's lips. I'm a doctor myself and my friend's an aesthetician. She likes sending me before and afters of her works (of course the ones her patients let her use for ads on social media etc), so I kinda have a substantial database in my brain to compare to 😅😄 and let me tell you, Rachel's lips look totally like she had fillers. I hope she had them recently, so what we see is not the end result and her lips will look much better once the swelling goes down.

i'm glad i wasn't imagining things. thing is, my fiancee also had her lips done in the past, several times. and her lips looked VERY similar to Rachel's, hence i said that first thing (and i also didn't know braces can make your lips swollen, but i guess it depends on each person here).. and Fiancee looked at Rachel's lips and also said it's fillers. :/ They will go down, for sure.

Posted

Really disappointing that she would get fillers. Just because big lips are a trend right now doesn’t mean every girl needs them or would look good with them. They definitely do not suit her face and age her a lot. 

Posted (edited)

I've still never to this day seen someone with lip fillers and (in my opinion) have them look even close to good. I don't even understand why plump lips are considered better to the beauty world.

Edited by Vivi
Duplicated my text for some reason.

Posted

Oh, those are some filler lips alright! Looks pretty bad.

Is it just me or do lip fillers actually make people look older? It usually makes the laugh lines around the mouth much more pronounced which give them an older look. Just something I've noticed. 

Posted

People who have naturally thin lips will to me always look kinda weird with fillers. Especially if they overdo the upper one, which I think Rachel has. 

Posted

It’s all about facial balance imo. Plump lips look beautiful when they compliment the rest of the facial features, like if the person has a wider nose and face, plumper cheeks, etc. Someone like Rachel, who has a small thin nose and sharp features, does not look good with big lips. It’s just unnatural looking. I wish women would embrace their natural beautiful features instead of trying to fit the current trend :( 

Posted

So it looks like she got them done either before America or while in America

SmartSelect_20190114-194837_Instagram.th

SmartSelect_20190114-194809_Instagram.jpg

Posted

Has she put on weight? Not saying its bad just her face looks fuller

Posted

Has she put on weight? Not saying its bad just her face looks fuller

i meantioned it when i commented on the lips, but her face looks like how Taylor’s face looked whenever she did fillers. could be that too (nothing wrong with it, but her face does look weird).

Posted

i hope she put on some weight and not something else. She was saying she needs to take some medicine, maybe they caused her to gain a bit. She also said she used to be a picky eater, but thanks to Jun she's eating more stuff - maybe the diet change also caused this? let's not forget her job is way different now than what it used to be in US, so i could be another factor? 

i always thought she's pretty, so i really think she doesn't need anything done to her face. 

Posted

She has said she wanted to gain weight for awhile too so it wouldn't surprise me. Also if they took a flight back to Korea and to Japan (since it's cheaper that way), she might have gotten it done cheaper in Korea. 

Posted

I found Rachel and Jun's channel only a few weeks ago and I really like it, but one thing that has irked me a tiny bit and what it seems like others in this thread have commented on too is that it seems like she fetishizes her husband. I haven't watched all of their videos and I probably won't because some of them don't interest me that much (not that they're bad) but the "MyHusbandIsJapanese" custom url for their channel makes it seem like she's fetishizing him.