• Announcements

• Recent changes to PULL   07/07/19

Hello everyone,   As promised, we're working on some changes to improve the forum and community! So far, here are the recent changes: Negative reputation has been disabled. Upvoting remains intact. This is a trial run to deal with whiteknights brigading certain topics and salty users mass-downvoting users they disagree with. Some text formatting options have been removed. Some users like to format their posts in ways that make them harder to read or downright obnoxious. (Light colors, tiny fonts, etc), so this helps make threads more readable. If you find yourself needing post formatting because you're making a new thread, please contact a mod and we will make it happen. New threads have to be approved anyway, so you're not going to have to start out with an ugly thread. Text formatting remains available to all users who have supported us via Patreon.No more threads on "Online Personalities". We will NOT lock or remove old threads, but we won't approve new threads about people who don't have any history of drama or controversies. Some threads will be moved to the snowflake sections if applicable. Read the new topic guidelines before you make a new thread.Here are our works in progress: New categories will be added. "Little Snowflakes" is too broad of a spectrum, so we're going to sort our flakes into a few sub-sections to keep things organized. We will also make more use of tags for those flakes who transcend categories. This will also allow us to appoint moderators to specific categories or snowflakes. New moderators will be onboarded soon. 

Rachel and Jun

637 posts in this topic

Posted

Okay guys, braces do cause lip swelling but let's compare

images.thumb.jpeg.4b84f9a2bd2089d5b8d0dethis to

Screenshot_20190107-145144_YouTube.thumbthis

Posted

She was beautiful before. She's still beautiful but very unnatural looking, and I agree the lips dont look good. However it seems like she has swelling, so hopefully it goes down. She just also looks in  bad shape and idk why. Also is it just me but does her nose look crooked? It looks off. 

Posted

I don’t think it would look half as bad if not for this unfortunate lip balm or whatever she has on her mouth and this redness just above her lips. BUT! I don’t really know how lip injections effect looks like and unles it’s mightly overdone then I’d never know someone has it :ph34r:

Posted

Well, if you ask me, the model with braces you show there, i would say she's eating something, or that she has something in he mouth for some reason. Rachel, indeed looks as if a bee stung her mouth ... which is why i originally thought she had lip fillers done. :/ there's a huge difference between Rachel and the girl in the pics above....

Posted

Well, if you ask me, the model with braces you show there, i would say she's eating something, or that she has something in he mouth for some reason. Rachel, indeed looks as if a bee stung her mouth ... which is why i originally thought she had lip fillers done. :/ there's a huge difference between Rachel and the girl in the pics above....

My point exactly. The swollen lips on the day 2 picture don't even compare to the lips on Rachel (who has much smaller lips naturally than even the day 13 picture shows)

Posted

My point exactly. The swollen lips on the day 2 picture don't even compare to the lips on Rachel (who has much smaller lips naturally than even the day 13 picture shows)

The thing is, swelling and other side effects depend on a person. The people I know who got swelling and/or structural changes had a look pretty similar to Rachel's. They had some issues with getting braces to fit through their process. Plus I think it's a bit unfair to drag random people's photos to this forum...

Though I don't know her personally, she just doesn't come off as a person who would get lip injections. And even if she did, the injections take some time to settle down. Injected lips may look awful for the first couple of weeks, especially for the first-timers. Then there's the possibility of getting reaction to the filler substances etc.

Posted

The swelling could also be a result of various skin conditions, they can happen as a result of stress, poor nutrition (i believe she acknowledges she has both when she talked about the colonoscopy), irritation from lip products, skin dryness or over-salivating. I have experience with some of theee and the red outline above her upper lip especially looks like this to me. The Invisalign and all the picking she has to do to get it in and out probably cause at least some irritation. 

Posted

As someone who has had both braces(worse ones than Rachel has) and lip fillers, I personally believe that Rachel has gotten lip fillers. My kind of braces were much more aggravating for the mouth than the type Rachel has, but my lips did not swell up as much. My mouth became slightly more protruding and therefore my lips looked slightly fuller, but it wasn't even close to what I had when I had lip fillers done. When I got lip fillers I received 1 ml of Juvederm(which is the standard injection size) and the difference was staggering. My cupid's bow and the area around it especially became much more pronounced, just like Rachel's(comparing to old photos of her). When I got my braces I noticed my cupid's bow became slightly more pronounced but not as much as when I had my lips done. 

I have to admit it does not look great on her. If she has indeed gotten lip fillers, it seems to me her Dr. put too much in her bottom lip compared to her upper lip, which was already quite voluminous in comparison to her upper lip. HOWEVER; if she just had them done they could appear much fuller, painful and uneven due to the initial swelling of the lips that can occur during the first couple of days after receiving the injections. Most lips look quite iffy a couple of days after the procedure and really need to settle down before the proper end result is visible. 

Posted

Yeah we will see in future videos because I think she has had those invisline for awhile now so it's a bit surprising they are putfing up now. (Unless she got a different brand)

Posted (edited)

Wouldn't "irritation" (in lack of a better word) be more evenly spread? Here it suddenly looks bumpy from right above her lips.

Or could almost look like some reaction or something from the redness, but if she was like this in the first checkup video from December, and this was from a few days ago I guess you could rule that out (and thus maybe even from the braces)

sfres.jpg

rsrtsr.jpg

Edited by ZhouRin

Posted (edited)

I clicked the most recent post and didn't see the discussion above until I scrolled up, and my first thought when I saw those ^ photos was "Oh, she had Restalyne/hyaluronic acid fillers done."  She 100% has had fillers (I've been researching them for myself :alpacawink:) but I feel like they did a little too much in her cupid's bow and I think it makes her look older.  Maybe they'll shrink as time goes on.  

Edited by PepperQuiche

Posted

The swelling could also be a result of various skin conditions, they can happen as a result of stress, poor nutrition (i believe she acknowledges she has both when she talked about the colonoscopy), irritation from lip products, skin dryness or over-salivating. I have experience with some of theee and the red outline above her upper lip especially looks like this to me. The Invisalign and all the picking she has to do to get it in and out probably cause at least some irritation. 

Wouldn't this be something she would have addressed in a video about her health? If I was having intense lip swelling and I was talking about my health anyway, I would probably mention that along with it.

As someone who has had both braces(worse ones than Rachel has) and lip fillers, I personally believe that Rachel has gotten lip fillers. My kind of braces were much more aggravating for the mouth than the type Rachel has, but my lips did not swell up as much. My mouth became slightly more protruding and therefore my lips looked slightly fuller, but it wasn't even close to what I had when I had lip fillers done. When I got lip fillers I received 1 ml of Juvederm(which is the standard injection size) and the difference was staggering. My cupid's bow and the area around it especially became much more pronounced, just like Rachel's(comparing to old photos of her). When I got my braces I noticed my cupid's bow became slightly more pronounced but not as much as when I had my lips done.

yes, thank you! I had braces for four years and I definitely don't remember my lips becoming that swollen. Also, the image in question came up when I typed "braces lip swelling" into Google images in case you guys were wondering where it came from. 

Posted

Rachel's (possible) lip fillers look fucking awful. She didn't strike me as a plastic surgery trend hunter either. I'm kinda disappointed and I don't know why, it's not MY lips, lol

Posted

It's super awkward to film yourself with completely different looking lips, discuss health concerns, and not address the lips. Like...what? She talked about her nose, why not her lips? She had to edit this video LOOKING AT HER LIPS! Why did she not reconsider, if she wasn't going to talk about them. Maybe she will later? It's just a weird move to me...

Posted

Rachel's (possible) lip fillers look fucking awful. She didn't strike me as a plastic surgery trend hunter either. I'm kinda disappointed and I don't know why, it's not MY lips, lol

I think it's all the modeling and people she hangs with. Ever since the perm, this has happened. I cringed that she is still friends with Martina 😂 vs her lips. 

that is what i liked about her was she was relatable but now with the channel growing, she feels that she needs this.