• Announcements

• Recent changes to PULL   07/07/19

Hello everyone,   As promised, we're working on some changes to improve the forum and community! So far, here are the recent changes: Negative reputation has been disabled. Upvoting remains intact. This is a trial run to deal with whiteknights brigading certain topics and salty users mass-downvoting users they disagree with. Some text formatting options have been removed. Some users like to format their posts in ways that make them harder to read or downright obnoxious. (Light colors, tiny fonts, etc), so this helps make threads more readable. If you find yourself needing post formatting because you're making a new thread, please contact a mod and we will make it happen. New threads have to be approved anyway, so you're not going to have to start out with an ugly thread. Text formatting remains available to all users who have supported us via Patreon.No more threads on "Online Personalities". We will NOT lock or remove old threads, but we won't approve new threads about people who don't have any history of drama or controversies. Some threads will be moved to the snowflake sections if applicable. Read the new topic guidelines before you make a new thread.Here are our works in progress: New categories will be added. "Little Snowflakes" is too broad of a spectrum, so we're going to sort our flakes into a few sub-sections to keep things organized. We will also make more use of tags for those flakes who transcend categories. This will also allow us to appoint moderators to specific categories or snowflakes. New moderators will be onboarded soon. 

Rachel and Jun

637 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm pretty sure it's lip injections. The first time I saw them in the health check video, I thought maybe it was the way she did her make up. However, she's gone from having thin but beautiful natural-looking lips to pink hot dog buns glued to her face. Her lips are too big for her face and it just looks off. It's such a shame too because she always struck me as one of the more authentic jvloggers who did things their own way instead of just following the trends.

Not hating on the idea of plastic surgery, I just think she looked a lot better without it.

Posted

I didn't mind her talking about the bag and process but it was something that should be a two min talk not 10 minutes. I went back and saw what u mmeat on the lips. I blame the modeling like I miss her old look and understood about the nose/ hair but nooooo. 

She talked about a bag for 10 minutes? LMAO i don't remember such a topic, but i blame it on me not being able to concentrate on anything else other than her lips xD 

I thought her lips were off too, but lip injections didn't even cross my mind! Lips might get swollen and sore-looking as a side effect of braces (each time the dentist tightens them too), that happened to someone I know. It was a sore mess.

I think she's pretty as she is. But it's easy to say while I'm not the one who might feel ugly or lacking.

Oh, i had no idea lips can get swollen because of braces. thank you for this info! I hope Rachel's swollen lips are because of that and not injections. 

Yeah I looked through the video and this was probably the least awkward shot. I didn't watch enough to know why she got the lip injections. Her lips looked fine before. 

she doesn't mention lip injections, not in this video. Maybe she will in the future? i just hope i'm wrong at this point, since someone pointed out braces can cause lips to swell. but i wonder, would the shape of the lip also change?

I have nothing against her having a Japanese perm done - i want to have one done too, but i need my natural hair to grow first since they don't do it on bleached then colored hair. About her nose job: a longer time ago i realized there was something different about her face, but couldn't tell. then i read here that she re-did her nose, and it all clicked, lol. 

And lastly, the swelling of her lips will go down in the end, regardless of the reason. if it's injections, i hope she doesn't do them again. her chin is a bit too small for the size of these lips. :alpacadone:

Posted (edited)

she doesn't mention lip injections, not in this video. Maybe she will in the future? i just hope i'm wrong at this point, since someone pointed out braces can cause lips to swell. but i wonder, would the shape of the lip also change?

I have no idea about the invisisomething, but I had regular braces as a teenager and one of my workmates has them right now. The metal thing they stick to your teeth rub against the inside of your mouth so there’s quite a bit of swelling until your skin gets used to it. At the very beginning and later on every time they tightened the braces it HURTS. I could barely speak for the first couple of days up to a week.

I remember my whole face looking different with braces on because it was like my mouth were... Ummm... More convex? Is that the right word? And here’s why I mentioned my workmate - she got her braces on while I was on a month long holiday so I haven’t seen her for a while and, me being the insensitive piece of shit that I am, first thing that I said to her (before she had a chance to speak so I didn’t see/know about the braces) was “the fuck did you do to your mouth”. And then I seen the braces and remembered my own face when I had mine.

Sooo, tl;dr is yes, kind of.

Edited by flyingants

Posted (edited)

I was watching the video and saw something odd, came here just out of curiosity and everyone is talking about it. Glad I wasn't just seeing things. Her cheeks and lips distracted me so much I had to stop watching it, they're so swollen and stick out a lot. But whatever makes her happy. 

Edited by DarkSavage
words

Posted

She talked about a bag for 10 minutes? LMAO i don't remember such a topic, but i blame it on me not being able to concentrate on anything else other than her lips xD 

I was talking about her invisline bag and process. I should have said kit but said bag. 

Posted

I was talking about her invisline bag and process. I should have said kit but said bag. 

I also thought I missed something when you said “bag” ;)

That part was actually rather interesting to me and I wished she elaborated more on that :meowplz:

Posted

ALSO, as a side note, I wonder what kind of influence that may have on Micaela once they're in Fukuoka, as it's well known that Micaela has some pretty big body image and self confidence issues. :/ 

I don't like the outcome of her lip injections at all (I low-key hoped that it's from the braces she got or just some weird lip plumper she used) But, I mean, honestly, Micaela's insecurities are Micaela's problem not Rachel's and it's not Rachel's job to do or not do something with her body because of Micaela. It's not like she is rubbing it under her nose. If anything - when we consider Micaela's issues - it would probably be more difficult for her that Rachel is skinny, has long silky hair and gets compared to an elf all the time. Her lips are probably the lesser problem.

Posted

I don't like the outcome of her lip injections at all (I low-key hoped that it's from the braces she got or just some weird lip plumper she used) But, I mean, honestly, Micaela's insecurities are Micaela's problem not Rachel's and it's not Rachel's job to do or not do something with her body because of Micaela. It's not like she is rubbing it under her nose. If anything - when we consider Micaela's issues - it would probably be more difficult for her that Rachel is skinny, has long silky hair and gets compared to an elf all the time. Her lips are probably the lesser problem.

You right, I agree

Posted

Ah! ok! my bad! ;) now i vaguely remember that part. i agree she talked a bit too much about it, but surely i'm not the only one who is not familiar with braces and these specific ones she's using. They do sound complicated though. 

I have no idea about the invisisomething, but I had regular braces as a teenager and one of my workmates has them right now. The metal thing they stick to your teeth rub against the inside of your mouth so there’s quite a bit of swelling until your skin gets used to it. At the very beginning and later on every time they tightened the braces it HURTS. I could barely speak for the first couple of days up to a week.

I remember my whole face looking different with braces on because it was like my mouth were... Ummm... More convex? Is that the right word? And here’s why I mentioned my workmate - she got her braces on while I was on a month long holiday so I haven’t seen her for a while and, me being the insensitive piece of shit that I am, first thing that I said to her (before she had a chance to speak so I didn’t see/know about the braces) was “the fuck did you do to your mouth”. And then I seen the braces and remembered my own face when I had mine.

Aahhhh! i see. I never wore braces though i should have, and i also never met anyone who had them either. -i should go edit my reply and mention this is a possibility... ;) earlier, i wasn't sure i should do it. now i am. thank you so much!

Posted

Yup. My workmate's whole upper chin seemed to change radically, but I think she had jaw fixing surgery done before getting her braces. From the video, I thought Rachel's operation changes her teeth/jaw quite a lot so the swelling/odd looking facial structure might be from the braces. To me, her mouth looked sore too maybe that's why I never even thought about injections.

I hope the swelling goes down soon, whatever the reason is.

Posted

Yup. My workmate's whole upper chin seemed to change radically, but I think she had jaw fixing surgery done before getting her braces. From the video, I thought Rachel's operation changes her teeth/jaw quite a lot so the swelling/odd looking facial structure might be from the braces. To me, her mouth looked sore too maybe that's why I never even thought about injections.

I hope the swelling goes down soon, whatever the reason is.

Did a quick google and it looks like it could be a side effect of the invisalign rubbing up against her lips and mouth. Her trays might need adjusting if she hasn't already 

Posted (edited)

I’ve had a lot of serious dental work (braces, invisalign, and a metal device to move my jaw forward) and while my mouth and lips did swell, it never strongly affected my outer lips in such a way to look like lip injections. Dental work can your mouth puffy and sore, but it doesn’t make you look like Kylie Jenner. I could be wrong but I think Rachel 100% got lip injections, the swelling is just too specific and unnatural. 

Edited by Granola

Posted

I’m thinking it’s lip injections. My mom and a few of my friends had Invisalign and while there was swelling it wasn’t as bad as Rachel’s and Invisalign aren’t like standard braces because you can remove them which should reduce the amount of rubbing and what not. Her lips look like they were stung by a bee or something 

Posted

Rachel really didn't strike me as the kind of girl who would get lipfillers. It's a shame because it doesn't look good on her..

Posted

I mean, after I got braces, my lips and cheeks were swelled up for about a week or two. And then my lips were permenantly bigger/plumper until I got them off after a few years (barely noticeable unless you were looking for it); but any sort of dental work can irritate the mouth and face. 
I never guessed her to be someone who'd get them, so who knows. Personally, I think it's just due to braces, but if she mentioned it somewhere that she got her lips done, I missed it!