• Announcements

• Recent changes to PULL   07/07/19

Hello everyone,   As promised, we're working on some changes to improve the forum and community! So far, here are the recent changes: Negative reputation has been disabled. Upvoting remains intact. This is a trial run to deal with whiteknights brigading certain topics and salty users mass-downvoting users they disagree with. Some text formatting options have been removed. Some users like to format their posts in ways that make them harder to read or downright obnoxious. (Light colors, tiny fonts, etc), so this helps make threads more readable. If you find yourself needing post formatting because you're making a new thread, please contact a mod and we will make it happen. New threads have to be approved anyway, so you're not going to have to start out with an ugly thread. Text formatting remains available to all users who have supported us via Patreon.No more threads on "Online Personalities". We will NOT lock or remove old threads, but we won't approve new threads about people who don't have any history of drama or controversies. Some threads will be moved to the snowflake sections if applicable. Read the new topic guidelines before you make a new thread.Here are our works in progress: New categories will be added. "Little Snowflakes" is too broad of a spectrum, so we're going to sort our flakes into a few sub-sections to keep things organized. We will also make more use of tags for those flakes who transcend categories. This will also allow us to appoint moderators to specific categories or snowflakes. New moderators will be onboarded soon. 

Rachel and Jun

638 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Having mandatory medical check-ups, starting at age 30, sounds VERY wise on the part of the Japanese government. I wonder if all foreigners working in Japan benefit from it? It seems that Martina (from Eat your Kimchi/ Simon and Martina channel) also went through something similar. I wonder why did they gave Rachel a D when only a few of the tests came back worry-some. Any thoughts/ input? 

warning, long video is long! 45 min! and mostly cats shown, because they seem more interesting, i don't mind it. 

https://youtu.be/4hHJQDy-wL4 

And now she updated us with what happened at the further screening she underwent.. Skip the end if you don't like teeth or videos with teeth.. But it bothers me SO much she got lip injections! Why Rachel? you were pretty enough before! ///READ THE EDIT PART BELOW!///

https://youtu.be/zYCJcRwNPHk 

And you can tell they're fresh because she can barely move her lips in a normal way - depending on the sound you need to make while talking, you need to pout your mouth and she can't do that. And they're so swollen - looks like over-drawn lips, but they're not. T-T 

EDIT:  after a few other users pointed it out to me, i should add that the braces could be the cause for her swollen lips. Apparently, braces CAN also re-shape the lips - which i really hope it's the case. I never had any personal experience with braces so i apologize for jumping to conclusions. Despite Rachel having had a nose job so she could breathe better, and having her hair permanently straightened, it doesn't mean she also had lip filler injections done as well.  

Edited by peppermint_wish

Posted

I think she was clickbaiting a bit with getting a D on her checkup, she got 2 Ds on some stuff (which means that it needs further testing asap) and few lower "grades". She had new video where she got her second results back. One of her Ds was about breast lump which could be cancerous (so program marked it as D) and, luckily, it was a cyst.

I noticed her lips were bigger than before. While I dont personally really "support" it she didnt go overboard and looks cute.

Posted (edited)

Oh, at first I thought it’s the lipstick that makes it look so weird, then I thought it’s because of the braces, injections didn’t even cross my mind... Well, you live and you learn :P

Edited by flyingants
typo

Posted (edited)

I gotta say, I think her lips look terrible like that. :( Low key disappointed. I was hoping that out if all the j-vlogger crew she would be the one who wouldn't delve too far into plastic surgery/let Asian beauty trends/standards get to her. (That's not to say that Asian beauty is why she did it, just that I've noticed that a lot of Caucasian women who spend a lot of time in Asia start to confirm to those beauty standards - look how badly they messed with Micaela. And yes I'm fully aware Rachel got her nose done).

I mean it's her body and she can do what she wants obviously but I think she looked beautiful just how she was before. :( 

Edited by heckin_bork
Spelling

Posted (edited)

I gotta say, I think her lips look terrible like that. :( Low key disappointed. I was hoping that out if all the j-vlogger crew she would be the one who wouldn't delve too far into plastic surgery/let Asian beauty trends/standards get to her. (That's not to say that Asian beauty is why she did it, just that I've noticed that a lot of Caucasian women who spend a lot of time in Asia start to confirm to those beauty standards - look how badly they messed with Micaela. And yes I'm fully aware Rachel got her nose done).

I mean it's her body and she can do what she wants obviously but I think she looked beautiful just how she was before. :( 

Rachel got her nose done for breathing problems through her nose and not for beauty standards. I have to check on the lips though. I thought it was because of the lipstick or her invisline.

Also she doesn't seem to wear makeup all the time except for the main rachel and jun channel so she doesnt seem obsessed with it.

Having mandatory medical check-ups, starting at age 30, sounds VERY wise on the part of the Japanese government. I wonder if all foreigners working in Japan benefit from it? It seems that Martina (from Eat your Kimchi/ Simon and Martina channel) also went through something similar. I wonder why did they gave Rachel a D when only a few of the tests came back worry-some. Any thoughts/ input? 

warning, long video is long! 45 min! and mostly cats shown, because they seem more interesting, i don't mind it. 

https://youtu.be/4hHJQDy-wL4 

And now she updated us with what happened at the further screening she underwent.. Skip the end if you don't like teeth or videos with teeth.. But it bothers me SO much she got lip injections! Why Rachel? you were pretty enough before! 

https://youtu.be/zYCJcRwNPHk 

And you can tell they're fresh because she can barely move her lips in a normal way - depending on the sound you need to make while talking, you need to pout your mouth and she can't do that. And they're so swollen - looks like over-drawn lips, but they're not. T-T 

I didn't mind her talking about the bag and process but it was something that should be a two min talk not 10 minutes. I went back and saw what u mmeat on the lips. I blame the modeling like I miss her old look and understood about the nose/ hair but nooooo. 

Edited by saber932

Posted

Wow, I really like watching Rachel and Jun casually while eating and never delved into their thread because all I knew was their Mira drama and they seemed low-key otherwise. I thought her nosejob was an improvement, but those lips definitely look like a downgrade. I hope they'll settle better when the swelling goes down, right now it looks pretty bad. I never thought she was model-pretty but still considered her really attractive. I wanted to take a screenshot where she doesn't look too awkward because I hate it when people use cherrypicked screenshots in the middle of speaking to prove how bad someone looks, but it's hard to even find a moment where she doesn't make a weird face. She looks (and sounds) uncomfortable and like she's either downtrodden or in pain.t32PySY.png

Posted

Wow, I really like watching Rachel and Jun casually while eating and never delved into their thread because all I knew was their Mira drama and they seemed low-key otherwise. I thought her nosejob was an improvement, but those lips definitely look like a downgrade. I hope they'll settle better when the swelling goes down, right now it looks pretty bad. I never thought she was model-pretty but still considered her really attractive. I wanted to take a screenshot where she doesn't look too awkward because I hate it when people use cherrypicked screenshots in the middle of speaking to prove how bad someone looks, but it's hard to even find a moment where she doesn't make a weird face. She looks (and sounds) uncomfortable and like she's either downtrodden or in pain.t32PySY.png

Yeah I looked through the video and this was probably the least awkward shot. I didn't watch enough to know why she got the lip injections. Her lips looked fine before. 

Posted

I always hear “people who get plastic surgery are never satisfied and keep doing more” but I never believed it...But honestly there seems to be some truth to that saying. Those lips are a disaster, I pray she doesn’t touch her face anymore. She was beautiful in the beginning imo. 

Posted

That bottom lip particularly does;t fit her face shape. She's a bit heart shaped/narrow and such a wide lip, especially one so different in size than the top one look disproportionate on her. She had really delicate features and the injections don't match. Hopefully they look better once the swelling goes down. And if not, fillers break down, and by the time they do lip injections will be out of fashion anyway. 

Posted

I second this. I always thought she was beautiful, my favorite "phase" of Rachel was when she was showing us the jewelry she designed, I thought she looked lovely in that video. I don't think she needs the lip fillers at all. I wonder what Jun thinks. 

ALSO, as a side note, I wonder what kind of influence that may have on Micaela once they're in Fukuoka, as it's well known that Micaela has some pretty big body image and self confidence issues. :/ 

Posted (edited)

She looked exhausted pretty much with the traveling and moving. Plus anxiety of possibly having cancer. 

Evolution of Rachel. Her original look, ive always thought she had the girl next door look and that her personality matched with it. I use to enjoy her vlogs back 2 to 3 years ago but they have little energy. Plus I think Rachel and Jun have become more of an independent couple because looking back you saw more of them as a couple vs doing separate things. It isn't bad or unhealthy just interesting how they've grown.

Screenshot_20190107-233230.png

Screenshot_20190107-233453.png

Screenshot_20190107-233644.png

Screenshot_20190107-234036.png

Edited by saber932

Posted

I have always thought that she looks like a witch, her lips look like she got punched in them mouth.

Posted

I thought her lips were off too, but lip injections didn't even cross my mind! Lips might get swollen and sore-looking as a side effect of braces (each time the dentist tightens them too), that happened to someone I know. It was a sore mess.

I think she's pretty as she is. But it's easy to say while I'm not the one who might feel ugly or lacking.

Posted

When I watched her video I thought maybe her lips were swollen because of something medical. It never crossed my mind that she of all girls would get anything done for cosmetical reasons. She's so pretty so why :( She never came across as a girl chasing beauty like Taylor R, she was more natural and "girl next door" like. It's a shame. Hopefully it's only temporary ...

Posted

When I watched her video I thought maybe her lips were swollen because of something medical. It never crossed my mind that she of all girls would get anything done for cosmetical reasons. She's so pretty so why :( She never came across as a girl chasing beauty like Taylor R, she was more natural and "girl next door" like. It's a shame. Hopefully it's only temporary ...

Same. She probably isn't super confident about her smile right now because of the invisalign, why would she want to attract attention to her mouth area when it's visible she's wearing braces and probably feels a bit self-conscious about that? I mean you can even see she isn't wearing lipstick or visible makeup so her looks right now are probably not her #1 priority with all the health concerns + holiday season. I would expect some swelling from the braces and all the new products she's using and all the visits to the dentist.

BUT if she got lip injections, then I do think it's a shame as her face had a nicer balance before and she had pretty lips.