• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Rachel and Jun

690 posts in this topic

Posted

Good on them, Fukuoka is really nice lol

Posted

I'm excited they're moving to Fukuoka because it seems like such a nice place and I hope they're not right in the city center, so Jun still can take the cats on bicycle rides and everything. Not excited about Rachel hanging out with Micaela constantly lol

Posted (edited)

Maybe Im new to Micaela's channel but Micaela seems nice and her content isnt as bad as other jvloggers. Micaela actually goes around to Japan vs just Japanese cafes and shopping all the time. 

When I watched Micaela's video with rachel, I had a strong feeling they would end up moving just because of the nature portion of the it. Ever since the Kanajin(sp?) drama, Rachel has been out of the drama and especially when their channel is about showing the positive side of Japan and showing a positive side for their sponsors. 

Also people realize Jun has friends too right? xD  This wasn't 100 percent Rachel's idea. Also both have said they wouldnt want to move into a city. They probably are out in the outer part but enough to commute into the city part. 

The only thing that did bug me a little was that it felt they needed to move for socializing. Do they not realize as adults, you might not be able to hang out with friends on a daily basis? I'm around the same age and see my friends maybe once or twice a month at most. Either way Fukuoka sounds exciting and hopefully they will fit right in. I am sad they didnt do a video on all the stuff that poki has destroyed. Honestly, that is what I was expecting from their apartment video. xD 

Edited by saber932

Posted

I think I'm the only one who would be happy to see Micaela and Rachel hanging out in vlogs. ^^ I like Rachel. She is a bit over-the-top and sometimes all over the place, but she is also very positive and fun and pretty much drama-free. Micaela is often low-key depressed and tends to blame her boyfriend and everyone else for her problems. Having someone like Rachel to hang out with might be good for her.

Posted

I think I'm the only one who would be happy to see Micaela and Rachel hanging out in vlogs. ^^ I like Rachel. She is a bit over-the-top and sometimes all over the place, but she is also very positive and fun and pretty much drama-free. Micaela is often low-key depressed and tends to blame her boyfriend and everyone else for her problems. Having someone like Rachel to hang out with might be good for her.

Micaela actually has quite the stable friends group now and that's the most positive point about them: they're mostly on IG and Micaela doesn't seem to film much with them. I like Rachel most of the time, but I feel like the pressure to make videos together could be bad for Micaela again. We'll see what comes out of it.

Posted

Might actually help Michaela's channel but it depends on how much Rachel and Jun post. 

Screenshot_20181212-142332.png

Posted (edited)

I'm not going to lie, it made me feel so excited to know they're moving! I loved watching them before I moved to Japan and I haven't had that excitement for a looong while. Good luck to them! Also, since we're in the Micaela talk (I like her too so you're not along haha), I found out about her through Rachel, and I liked the vlogs they did so if they're moving close to each other then that's great (I think!).

As for the reason they're moving, Japan is a wonderful country, but you can feel super isolated no matter how you are or where you are, especially in big cities. Maybe when everyone they knew was gone, after a while, they felt it creep on them too and decided they needed a change. I had friends there with me while I was living there and loved traveling and exploring alone, but i can't deny sometimes it felt like I was too isolated if that makes any sense. I can't blame them for it if that's the case.

Edited by DarkSavage
added second part whoops didn't finish reading comments

Posted

I'm not going to lie, it made me feel so excited to know they're moving! I loved watching them before I moved to Japan and I haven't had that excitement for a looong while. Good luck to them! Also, since we're in the Micaela talk (I like her too so you're not along haha), I found out about her through Rachel, and I liked the vlogs they did so if they're moving close to each other then that's great (I think!).

As for the reason they're moving, Japan is a wonderful country, but you can feel super isolated no matter how you are or where you are, especially in big cities. Maybe when everyone they knew was gone, after a while, they felt it creep on them too and decided they needed a change. I had friends there with me while I was living there and loved traveling and exploring alone, but i can't deny sometimes it felt like I was too isolated if that makes any sense. I can't blame them for it if that's the case.

yes and plus there is literally a vlog from two years ago that they wanted to move. I think the job security helped because even if their youtube flopped  someday they have other options. 

Posted (edited)

Maybe Im new to Micaela's channel but Micaela seems nice and her content isnt as bad as other jvloggers. Micaela actually goes around to Japan vs just Japanese cafes and shopping all the time. 

When I watched Micaela's video with rachel, I had a strong feeling they would end up moving just because of the nature portion of the it. Ever since the Kanajin(sp?) drama, Rachel has been out of the drama and especially when their channel is about showing the positive side of Japan and showing a positive side for their sponsors. 

Also people realize Jun has friends too right? xD  This wasn't 100 percent Rachel's idea. Also both have said they wouldnt want to move into a city. They probably are out in the outer part but enough to commute into the city part. 

The only thing that did bug me a little was that it felt they needed to move for socializing. Do they not realize as adults, you might not be able to hang out with friends on a daily basis? I'm around the same age and see my friends maybe once or twice a month at most. Either way Fukuoka sounds exciting and hopefully they will fit right in. I am sad they didnt do a video on all the stuff that poki has destroyed. Honestly, that is what I was expecting from their apartment video. xD 

I like Micaela's content, however she herself is not someone I really care for. She has been pretty nasty before to her boyfriend and to others.. and she likes to throw shade and be snarky on Twitter and IG (especially when her and Sharla are talking about ''haterz" or something). There was one time she like publicly shamed her bf on IG because he didn't include that the picture he took was her idea or something like that, and she phrased it really nastily.

She's also on this holier than thou "plant based" diet thing and talks about it ALL. THE. TIME. on IG ... It's something she picked up from Taylor, imo.

She has a thread here, I think in online personalities. 

So for those reasons, I really don't want Rachel to hang with her, I feel like Rachel will get sucked into the drama and I really don't want to see that happen. 

Edited by heckin_bork
Fixing mistakes.

Posted

Ah ok that makes sense for which is sad because even if she isn't interesting compared to other vloggers some of her videos are. Lose the drama and she would be a good vlogger

Posted

Honestly, their friendship with firefly path seems really fake and not genuine at all. They are fans of each other's work but it's so cringy watching vlogs of them together trying to act as friends. 

Posted

Good on them, Fukuoka is really nice lol

Fukuoka is a nice place to live. The sea and mountains are also close by, but her videos aren't for me. 

Posted

Honestly, their friendship with firefly path seems really fake and not genuine at all. They are fans of each other's work but it's so cringy watching vlogs of them together trying to act as friends. 

probably put together by their managers. I've seen such a thing quite a lot, especially with women artists. Nothing wrong with it but they oughta put more effort into making the videos seem genuine at the very least. 

Honestly Rachel is so much more comfortable being around people she REALLY knows well, so after thinking for a while, I think the move to Fukuoka will be good for her...but I still think it won't do anything for the community at large in regards to that whole 'popular girls club' thing that seems to be propagating here, but that's not really why they do things is it. 

Posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UydRoRnSxC8&t=708s 

so at the end of the vlog, rachel said something about cutting the trip early and going back home for medical problems.Hope everything is ok. Not sure if it's her heart or maybe expecting. Must be serious if she is canceling plans with her family. At the same time they were excited to do a video about it so hmmmmmm we will see. 

Posted

Mm yeah. I have to say that a lot of content creators their 'friendships' always feel a little bit forced. I watched the video about the second photoshoot. I have to say I love the dresses and styling but I'm not blown away by the edited photos at the end of the vlog. And I do have to mention it: Rachel makes for a pretty good model in terms of how she does her posing. She's moves really elegantly and switches between poses in between the shots which is really, really useful when shooting. All in all I'm curious if those were the final shots (like: final final) or just some quick edits for in the video. Personally I expected a lot more .. diversity? Seeing those dresses, men. I cannot start about all the things I'd like to shoot with such gowns, lol.