• Announcements

• Recent changes to PULL   07/07/19

Hello everyone,   As promised, we're working on some changes to improve the forum and community! So far, here are the recent changes: Negative reputation has been disabled. Upvoting remains intact. This is a trial run to deal with whiteknights brigading certain topics and salty users mass-downvoting users they disagree with. Some text formatting options have been removed. Some users like to format their posts in ways that make them harder to read or downright obnoxious. (Light colors, tiny fonts, etc), so this helps make threads more readable. If you find yourself needing post formatting because you're making a new thread, please contact a mod and we will make it happen. New threads have to be approved anyway, so you're not going to have to start out with an ugly thread. Text formatting remains available to all users who have supported us via Patreon.No more threads on "Online Personalities". We will NOT lock or remove old threads, but we won't approve new threads about people who don't have any history of drama or controversies. Some threads will be moved to the snowflake sections if applicable. Read the new topic guidelines before you make a new thread.Here are our works in progress: New categories will be added. "Little Snowflakes" is too broad of a spectrum, so we're going to sort our flakes into a few sub-sections to keep things organized. We will also make more use of tags for those flakes who transcend categories. This will also allow us to appoint moderators to specific categories or snowflakes. New moderators will be onboarded soon. 

Rachel and Jun

638 posts in this topic

Posted

Is it just me or does their instagram is so Rachel-centric these days? Jun was always the shy and quiet one but their previous feed focuses on their married life in instagram and all, not Rachel’s awkward modeling thing. I feel that Rachel should get her own IG for her modeling photos, or they should have more photos of Jun (not cats) in the feed - at least his activities or things relating to his cooking. 

Posted

Is it just me or does their instagram is so Rachel-centric these days? Jun was always the shy and quiet one but their previous feed focuses on their married life in instagram and all, not Rachel’s awkward modeling thing. I feel that Rachel should get her own IG for her modeling photos, or they should have more photos of Jun (not cats) in the feed - at least his activities or things relating to his cooking. 

Hasn't it always been? Jun's a great videographer and photographer on his own right but I think he's always been better suited for behind-the-camera work, with the obvious and glaring exception being his Jun's Kitchen channel, which I think he does a spectacular job at. 

Posted

Made an account just to vent about my dislike for Rachel. I've watched her and Jun for years and over time, her personality has changed for the worse, to the point where she has become insufferable to watch.

First of all, her nose job is hideous. Her surgeon shaved way too much off... Her nose look pinched and fake as hell - makes her look like a plastic sex doll. Not only that, when she speaks she sounds like she has a perpetual cold because the bum job she got fucked with nasal airways. Combine that with the over the top "funny" faces, hand gestures and obnoxious way of speaking - that weird whisper screaming while under pronouncing her words like a toddler - and she is absolutely unbearable to listen to. Unbearable

When it comes to how she interacts with Jun... Honestly I feel sorry for him. She went from being so appreciative of his considerate nature, to completely ignoring him when he speaks, and when she does acknowledge him she so bitchy and dismissive. Maybe she has been spoiled for too long. Speaking of which, living in a country where her appearance is worshiped every time she leaves the house has made her extremely vain. Her Instagram is a cringe-fest.

Lastly, I hope she stays the fuck out of Jun's Kitchen.

/endrant

Posted

Hasn't it always been? Jun's a great videographer and photographer on his own right but I think he's always been better suited for behind-the-camera work, with the obvious and glaring exception being his Jun's Kitchen channel, which I think he does a spectacular job at. 

Jun is always spectacular on camera because he's got serious sex appeal! What a hunk!! If anyone knows any Jun clones in Japan who are into mature 80-something year old drag queens please contact me immediately! :alpacacrush:

Posted

I can say I’m an avid fan of them and their cats! honestly I don’t mind their 20-minute video about cat litter boxes or cat-hats because it’s really soothing for a crazy cat enthusiast like me and they’re really cute to watch. I think they’re great the way they are because Jun’s calmness and Rachel’s talking are kinda a fit to each other so I don’t have any problems with it.

I don’t mind them taking their time uploading videos because let’s be real, they have other alternative jobs to take on beside YouTube for their income. But Patreon, YouTube, sponsors and others she had metioned in one of the videos are also ways to support themselves. Obviously shouldn’t rely too much of the crappy youtube 

Also I’m always in awe how Rachel is really good in hardware stuffs while Jun is good in cooking, it’s like they’re reversing typical gender responsibilities in where I live so it’s really interesting for me :D 

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I think it's the same on their Twitter? Because the Twitter account based on the posts and likes seem to be that Rachel maintains the account. I would like to see more Jun content because  his cooking channel really interests me and to be honest, I'm not really a fan of Rachel. I mean.... O.o

Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 11.04.19 AM.pngI'm not sure what the description means??

But I would like to see Jun do more with his cooking channel.

Edited by PineappleVera

Posted

Yeah, I think it's the same on their Twitter? Because the Twitter account based on the posts and likes seem to be that Rachel maintains the account. I would like to see more Jun content because  his cooking channel really interests me and to be honest, I'm not really a fan of Rachel. I mean.... O.o

Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 11.04.19 AM.pngI'm not sure what the description means??

But I would like to see Jun do more with his cooking channel.

The description is a joke from some tweets they made.

Screenshot_20180807-124825_Twitter.thumbIMG_20180807_124818.thumb.jpg.dbf6add372IMG_20180807_124819.thumb.jpg.be079b912e

There was some person on Twitter calling them communist Jews for supporting feminism? So they changed their description as sort of a jab at the trolls?...

Posted

Screenshot_20180807-124825_Twitter.thumbIMG_20180807_124818.thumb.jpg.dbf6add372IMG_20180807_124819.thumb.jpg.be079b912e

There was some person on Twitter calling them communist Jews for supporting feminism? So they changed their description as sort of a jab at the trolls?...

Oh ok! Thanks for the clarification!

Posted

Oh ok! Thanks for the clarification!

Mass props to Rachel for the shade-tossing toward that weird chick replying to her.

Posted

I was surprised as well. I wouldn't think much of it (some people react in a very muted way), but she's made such big responses to stuff in other videos and collaborations. Rachel reacted big to her cat's surprises or when they unboxed stuff people sent them.
I think the gift was too unexpected for her and she didn't know what to think. 

The video is great. Unfortunately, from a viewer's standpoint, her low-key reaction is a bit of a letdown. I know Sharla's "Sooo goood" is too much at times, but no reaction is worse. You wait for that moment, on the edge of your seat, thinking, "This'll be good. She's gonna flip out with joy. Jun's did such a sweet thing. What woman won't melt?"

I waited for that gushy heart-warming moment that makes me squee and instead got a stiff, "What is it?"  

:(

That's it?  That's the reaction?  

It kills the ending of an otherwise wonderful video. Even a Sharla "Sooo goood!" would have worked better.  

It's Japan. You'd think she'd be used to make some big "Thank you" reaction to gifts.  

I'm torn. Would a fake reaction have been better than the stiff reaction we got? It would have at least been better for the video's ending. 

I actually understand her here. I receive presents the same way I answer to what the time is. There are people like me who do not do big reactions on the spot.. for me after a few days I actually get excited and appreciative and then I ring my friends to thank them again. It happens with some people.

Posted

Harukos reations don't even make sense.  They were literally quoting an article.  How does that suddenly make them communists?

Posted

Nose job? Wait wait someone fill me in on this when did Rachel get a nose job? 

Posted (edited)

Nose job? Wait wait someone fill me in on this when did Rachel get a nose job? 

lol. i came here to ask this too.. i'm at page 15 now, looking for the thread/photos on this(?) but i can't find anything

(edit) ok never mind i googled. 2016-ish?

https://prettyuglylittleliar.net/topic/2347-rachels-new-look-racheljun/
https://www.reddit.com/r/japancirclejerk/comments/56xz6h/jvlog_nose_job_win_much_love_to_jsurgeons_and/

Edited by goodtimes

Posted (edited)

:alpacacrush:

Edited by Summerset

Posted (edited)

Jew & Jew xDxD I laughed way too hard at that one!!

You see those random commenters everywhere writing an entire paragraph blaming the Jews secret media and everyone else is like: wut? :alpacaconfused: forgot to take your pills today buddy?

Edited by Kiko