• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

not being able to eat food because of sensory issues?

9 posts in this topic

Posted

i'm probably going to be downvoted to hell, but i.. i can't help but want an explanation.. i just want to understand.

i've never heard of someone unable to eat food due to sensory issues from autism. if i sound very uninformed, it's because i am. maybe someone could help explain this to me? i don't mean to sound like an ass, because i have my wishlist up on tumblr but i dont e-beg to this extent?

i just don't understand how she can't ask her parents to buy foods she can eat/enjoy.. in her pictures she has nice clothes and a nice house. not saying that people can't suffer despite having nice things but she just.. doesn't look like she's in an environment where she's starving? that's why i feel as if she could just talk to her parents to buy different food than ask for people to give money to her paypal.

39e892c5e2dc54244902797a9b41dba7.png

call me ignorant, sure, i may be just that, but i'm trying to understand. wouldn't you need a bank/bank card to withdraw real money from paypal anyways? i don't really think you can order many groceries online, unless some parts of the world/united states do this?

people can ask for money if they want, that doesn't concern me, but i'd just like to know if maybe other people feel the way this user does? and if it hinders their relationship with food?

Posted

I know that people with autism do stuggle with eating sometimes. They can be extremely picky and sometimes only want to eat specific things that may not be the best for them. And sometimes they are so picky that they become anorexic.

But I don't know what the deal with this girl is. I suspect that the money is not going to be used for food because surely she must know what she wants to eat. And I don't know why her parents would not do something if they are doing ok financially. A lot of these "help I'm poor and hungry here's my Paypal" things that are on tumblr are scams. Something about her statement just really seems weird to me.

And she could be self diagnosed and acting this way for attention for all we know. But people with autism do sometimes struggle with food.

Posted

Autism can mean an incredibly wide spectrum of things, and while not everybody with it will be a picky eater due to "sensory issues", it is possible that some people will be. Sensory Processing Disorder is something that may be diagnosed along with Autism and this would explain what the person means.

(i.e. sensory processing disorder = picky eating in many cases)

However, they haven't explained themselves well and like @Nyanko Sensei has said above me, the person can easily work out which foods they are comfortable with and budget for just having those, or address this issue with a guardian. If they are "a mentally ill teen" then they are most likely living with their parent(s) and its therefore likely their parent(s) cover the cost of food, so donating anything to this teenager rather than their parents is unlikely to help cover food costs. It sounds like a scam.

Posted (edited)

While it may be true, this girl seems like a huge scam. I am currently running her blog through a program to extract original posts. Maybe I am irked by her because she talks like Pele:

Screenshot_109.thumb.png.46b043cf8e12689

Her name is Kate Wright. Her location is also given from her donation link but she also mentioned going to an expo in Toronto so IDK. 

Screenshot_115.thumb.png.dee214e1d149963

Have a few pictures of her face:

Screenshot_112.thumb.png.0669f847acf116e

Screenshot_113.thumb.png.50daeee94e55ffb

Screenshot_114.thumb.png.985282029bd6dc6

Older photos include he/it text. IDK if is person changed their mind about their gender or dropped it or. . .idk just quit writing it in? I haven't been on tumblr actively since 2010. Someone correct me if it's needed.

Screenshot_116.thumb.png.18a543ce53432ce

Screenshot_119.thumb.png.ce53c73781524b1

Screenshot_117.thumb.png.77ca46ed7b79643

Scratch that. Going back to 2015 I am really confused because I genuinely don't know. She uses the term "trigender" which I assume means you can be he/she/it? Just. . .depending on the moment I presume? If someone could educate me I would appreciate it. The odd thing is they seem to label their he/it pictures with the name "ricky" instead of kate. Once I saw the name "scarlet" appear. Is this normal? It almost is if she created another personality/persona. At least that is how I see it but I am unaware of trigender please educate me instead of killing me.

Screenshot_126.thumb.png.f45e1a7aed05b96

Screenshot_127.thumb.png.86f7a62657ac86e

Screenshot_128.thumb.png.4a74179563bd9cb

Screenshot_125.thumb.png.49b1bbabaf7599f

Screenshot_129.thumb.png.560487c496b9b75

Screenshot_130.thumb.png.719640d76aaa587

Screenshot_131.thumb.png.c8b8dcdbc0598f8

Screenshot_132.thumb.png.26d717c3e4eb9ef

Screenshot_133.thumb.png.13726b8df8064b0

She/her family can afford to buy figures:

Screenshot_111.thumb.png.c6652ea77e918fb

She also has enough money to go to conventions:

Screenshot_118.thumb.png.0412baecd1515c5

She went again in 2015 too.

Screenshot_134.thumb.png.be651034779580c

She seems to have issues with people in general. McDonalds doesn't want to hire her, she whined about a toxic relationship, she whined about hurting people:

Screenshot_110.thumb.png.3827ad3ba0fd571

Screenshot_120.thumb.png.7305401c0441637

Screenshot_123.thumb.png.e8d765f12c2dded

As far as eating habits go all I could find is this: 

Screenshot_121.thumb.png.70b56397cd0ae89

Screenshot_122.thumb.png.c0eafe78817407e

This is not the first time she has asked about money either:

Screenshot_124.thumb.png.87bf9cc1ea0cc69 

So in short she just seems like a scummy teen looking to be special and wants money to buy things like figures and idk. . .more cosplay.  It's true she has nice clothes, at least one figure, at least one wig, tons of posters from various bands/anime/etc so in short - enough money to buy food. I don't know what "abusive" parents would buy their kids figures and posters and take them to conventions, but wouldn't buy them food.

. . .we just need a general thread for tumblr scammers. Or start a thread for this idiot.

Edited by BonBonChucked

Posted (edited)

While it may be true, this girl seems like a huge scam. I am currently running her blog through a program to extract original posts. Maybe I am irked by her because she talks like Pele:

Her name is Kate Wright. Her location is also given from her donation link but she also mentioned going to an expo in Toronto so IDK. 

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

She seems to have issues with people in general. McDonalds doesn't want to hire her, she whined about a toxic relationship, she whined about hurting people:

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

So in short she just seems like a scummy teen looking to be special and wants money to buy things like figures and idk. . .more cosplay.  It's true she has nice clothes, at least one figure, at least one wig, tons of posters from various bands/anime/etc so in short - enough money to buy food. I don't know what "abusive" parents would buy their kids figures and posters and take them to conventions, but wouldn't buy them food.

. . .we just need a general thread for tumblr scammers. Or start a thread for this idiot.

the sad thing about tumblr scammers is that a chunk of people will blindly reblog their 'pleas for help' without really researching into whether they're telling the truth. luckily i was always jobless when i was a member and not really keen on advertising someone else's ebegging, so i almost never reblogged any donation posts with the exception of those for animals (although in hindsight those might've been lies too, the animal lover in me cared more about them than the misanthropic people hater) - but all the same i'm really saddened by how many beggars on tumblr dont need the actual money and are more often than not greed/attention driven, and their following swallows it up easily without question.

tbh i somehow doubt some of her claims that no one will hire her, unless she's not trying enough in the first place. my min wage first job position (in other words, my current position) took 15-20 submitted apps to get, as no one ever put me on anything but a consideration or rejection list until my current employers called me- but all the same, getting a job only happens if you actually put some effort forth into doing so. even the teen to twentysome job market, open as it seems, isnt exactly so, esp if it comes to searching for a first job (lots of businesses that aren't desperate supposedly want someone with more or at least prior job experience for like general associate positions, meanwhile i was at least able to land a cashier job, but i still wanted to work in clothing retail, i'm just pleased i have one at all)

Edited by freesomebody

Posted

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I looked up trigender and it basically sounds like genderfluid. Like, I try to always be accepting, but they need to stop making new lables for things that already basically exist.

We might need a tumblr scammers thread for people like this.

Posted

thank you to those who explained the autism/sensory thing to me ! 

i'm not very educated on mental things like that as no one close to me has those types of things so i don't know much about it.

i didn't want to be rude, because mental problems can greatly affect a person in ways i will never be able to understand, but it just seemed unrealistic to believe her parents aren't taking care of her/wouldn't be able to get her specific foods if she has nice clothes and whatnot?

my parents pay for food, and occasionally clothes. they would rather buy me good food than a skirt any day. 

i just wanted to understand and also make sure i'm not a raging bitter asshole? something about e-begging just makes me feel weird. if you have time to blog on the internet you have the time to scour the town for jobs. working your ass off every week for minimum pay isn't always fun (i'm doing this right now) but you have to start somewhere and every little bit of money helps.

i see so many donate posts but this one just seemed.. fishy? there's a difference between not being able to make rent because you're disabled and whatnot and not being able to eat food because you're picky.

Posted

thank you to those who explained the autism/sensory thing to me ! 

i'm not very educated on mental things like that as no one close to me has those types of things so i don't know much about it.

i didn't want to be rude, because mental problems can greatly affect a person in ways i will never be able to understand, but it just seemed unrealistic to believe her parents aren't taking care of her/wouldn't be able to get her specific foods if she has nice clothes and whatnot?

my parents pay for food, and occasionally clothes. they would rather buy me good food than a skirt any day. 

i just wanted to understand and also make sure i'm not a raging bitter asshole? something about e-begging just makes me feel weird. if you have time to blog on the internet you have the time to scour the town for jobs. working your ass off every week for minimum pay isn't always fun (i'm doing this right now) but you have to start somewhere and every little bit of money helps.

i see so many donate posts but this one just seemed.. fishy? there's a difference between not being able to make rent because you're disabled and whatnot and not being able to eat food because you're picky.

i'm not a tumblr user anymore- but when i was on there, I was extremely wary of almost any donation pools I came across. unless the credentials seemed legitimate i wasn't prone to reblog them or support those posts at all. I think that a lot of young, impressionable people will fall for things that're suspicious or scammy if they truly feel that someone they support online could be? in trouble, but once again, how can you tell? that's why even throughout my dumb sjw phase on the site I never really reblogged those, they often reeked of scam to me.

and I once lived in an abusive household, and I was never prohibited from eating, last I checked. most parents wouldn't be that stupidly cruel, a lot of abusive people want to keep the person they're abusing around if it means they can keep venting their frustrations on them, starving could lead to hospitalization, death, and lots of financial deficits, last I checked even most abusive parents don't want that

Posted

I have SPD, but I can't believe she's begging on the internet like that is so disrespectful to anyone on the spectrum or who has actual issues with food, because from my situation it can also stem from eating disorders. It doesn't make sense that she can afford to buy band merch and not food.